The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Sunday Express 9 Feb 2014 - MADELEINE - There REALLY WAS a COVER-UP

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sunday Express 9 Feb 2014 - MADELEINE - There REALLY WAS a COVER-UP

Post by PeterMac on 09.02.14 11:56

@russiandoll wrote:
 Many people will remember the tale as told by Kate and the family.....open window, curtains and shutters.
Many other people will remember the CLOSED and whooshing curtains.
Kate herself gave us both, just in case we wanted to understand what had happened.

And, for the benefit of Carter-Ruck, one of those versions cannot be true.
In simple English, one of those versions is a LIE.

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express 9 Feb 2014 - MADELEINE - There REALLY WAS a COVER-UP

Post by russiandoll on 09.02.14 12:03

There was always the consistent raised shutter and open window though, Peter ? How does that fit with abduction using a key to simplify and speed things?  Kate can't rewrite something which she has rigidly and repeatedly claimed, like a mantra.

The key is convenient and plausible to a point, but it can't be squared with a  totally open window and shutter as far as I can see.


  This story raises more questions than it gives answers imo

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The strange case of the red herring who staged the open window and shutters as a red herring

Post by Guest on 09.02.14 12:33

@russiandoll wrote:There was always the consistent raised shutter and open window though, Peter ? How does that fit with abduction using a key to simplify and speed things?  Kate can't rewrite something which she has rigidly and repeatedly claimed, like a mantra.

The key is convenient and plausible to a point, but it can't be squared with a  totally open window and shutter as far as I can see.   This story raises more questions than it gives answers imo


Red herrings

The answer to your point lies in one of two red herrings in this case.

(I think there are some graphics of 'red herrings' about, but at the moment, I can't find any). 


++++++++++++


Here are Kate McCann's very own words on the opened window and curtains and damaged shutters etc. :-

“I described to the police officers exactly what I found that night, as it was and is highly relevant and I knew that every little detail could be helpful in finding my daughter which is our only aim.  The window which is a ground floor window was completely open and is large enough for a person to easily climb through it. Whether it had been opened for this purpose remains unknown. It could of course have been opened by the perpetrator when inside the apartment as a potential escape route or left open as a ‘red herring.’ "

So, how to explain the open window etc.? The abductor staged it as a 'red herring'.

But wait - it seems that the abductor identified by Jane Tanner in the first place was also a red herring, as we learnt following DCI Redwood's 'revelation moment' as aired on BBC Crimewatch, 14 October 2013:

Express 16 October 2013:
The Crimewatch broadcast follows the dismissal of an earlier sighting of a "suspect" and child as a red herring.

Wikipedia:
Although Tanner had not seen the man's face, the sighting became important because it offered investigators a time frame for the abduction. Scotland Yard eventually came to view it as a red herring


This now looks like the first case in history where a red herring staged an event as a red herring

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express 9 Feb 2014 - MADELEINE - There REALLY WAS a COVER-UP

Post by NickE on 09.02.14 12:43


____________________
When asked if people will ever learn what really happened, Mr Amaral responded: “Yes, we will, when MI5 opens the case files, we will find out".

NickE

Posts : 916
Reputation : 217
Join date : 2013-10-27
Age : 41

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express 9 Feb 2014 - MADELEINE - There REALLY WAS a COVER-UP

Post by jeanmonroe on 09.02.14 12:46

FULL FART-ICLE!
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/458798/Apartment-key-theft-cover-up-by-resort-staff-in-Madeleine-McCann-case

Apartment key theft cover-up by resort staff in Madeleine McCann case
KEYS to the holiday apartment from which Madeleine McCann was abducted were lost shortly before she vanished, it was claimed last night.

By: James Murray
Published: Sun, February 9, 2014
0Comments

IT has been alleged that the hotel 039 s set of keys to the Mccann room went missing IT has been alleged that the hotel's set of keys to the Mccann room went missing [GETTY]

However, police were not informed about the loss of potentially crucial evidence which could unlock the seven-year mystery.

A Sunday Express investigation in Portugal has revealed astonishing new information which, if proved, suggests the kidnap was well planned and executed using stolen keys.

Amid claims that Portuguese police are about to arrest three former workers at the Ocean Club in Praia da Luz, based on information gathered by Scotland Yard, we tracked down a former maintenance worker at the complex whose revelations could change the direction of the international investigation.

The retired man, whose identity we have agreed to protect, said: “I have kept this to myself for long enough, so now it is right to tell people what happened.

“There was another maintenance worker at the Ocean Club who said he had lost a set of keys for the whole of block five.”

Kate and Gerry McCann, their twins Sean and Amelie and eldest daughter Madeleine, were staying in apartment 5a in the block, where there had been a spate of burglaries in the weeks before she vanished.

The former Ocean Club worker revealed: “I remember my colleague telling some of us the keys to that block had been lost.

“He told us about it in the week when the child was taken but I cannot remember the exact day. In the maintenance department we kept duplicates of all keys to the apartments.

“They were on a long cable and very clearly marked and we kept them in a safe.

“If there was a problem, a water leak, a gas leak, it was important for us to have entry to apartments if the owners or guests were out.

Madeleine McCann, police, investigation, police, Portugal, Tiago da SilvaDENIALS: Maintenance worker Tiago da Silva [MARK KEHOE]

“When the man told us about the lost keys, he started crying. He was very upset. He was worried about losing his job, I think, and he did not want others to know about it.

“After the child disappeared, we all had to give statements to the police but I did not mention the keys had been lost because I did not think it was relevant.”

Shortly after Madeleine went missing, the world’s media descended on the Ocean Club and staff were told not to speak to journalists and to co-operate fully with police.

It was widely reported then that someone may have entered 5a through unlocked patio doors so people were not suggesting stolen duplicate keys could have been used to gain access through the front door.

It was widely reported then that someone may have entered 5a through unlocked patio doors

The man said: “This has been on my mind for a long time and you are the first person I have told about it. I did not want to get the other man into trouble, I suppose.

"I didn’t really like the man and I didn’t want trouble from him. He was always doing nasty pranks. Once he put fibreglass in my work trousers which is not nice because it rubs against the skin and hurts.

“He was a young, confident man and I was a lot older than him and we just didn’t get on. In fact, he was the reason I left the job. After the little girl was taken, the atmosphere was really bad. It was not a good place to work.”

The Sunday Express has seen the statement the man gave to Portuguese police shortly after Madeleine was taken on the evening of May 3, 2007 ,and there is no mention of him stating keys had gone missing.

A Portuguese newspaper reported last week that police were particularly interested in a driver at the Ocean Club who dropped guests at the apartments after they arrived from Faro airport.

The man said: “On that night I was asked to do some driving because the man who was supposed to do the driving did not arrive at work. I remember ringing my wife and telling her I would be late home that night.”

Now that the man has come forward with new information he is likely to have to give a more detailed statement to police.

The Sunday Express tracked down the maintenance worker who allegedly lost the keys, 29-year-old Tiago da Silva, who lives a few miles from Luz in Lagos, a pretty coastal town.

When we put it to him that keys were lost, he paused momentarily before saying: “That is not the case. I can’t remember any keys going missing. The keys in maintenance were kept in a safe and nobody could get to them.”

However, his former colleague insisted: “I know what he told me at the time. The keys for all the blocks were kept on a cable and clearly marked.

“He said he had lost the keys to block five. He told me in the same week when the little girl went missing. I am sure of this.

“From my memory I think they were replaced with duplicate keys for the apartments which were held at reception. I remember all this very clearly. He did not want us to tell people about it, so we didn’t say anything.”

Scotland Yard officers have made about 20 trips to Portugal for their investigation, Operation Grange, into Madeleine’s disappearance when she was approaching her fourth birthday.

Portuguese detectives have carried out inquiries on behalf of the Yard team, which has not been allowed to pursue investigations on the ground..
-----------------------------------------------------------
"It was widely reported then that someone may have entered 5a through unlocked patio doors so people were not suggesting stolen duplicate keys could have been used to gain access through the front door"
--------------------
Well, didn't need key for THAT!

Gerry McCann had left it UNLOCKED!

People didn't suggest access through UNLOCKED front door because K&GM have told us, ad nauseum, HOW the 'abductor' got in.

THROUGH THE UNLOCKED PATIO DOORS THEY DILIBERATELY AND CONSCIOUSLY LEFT UNLOCKED FOR 'CHECKING PURPOSES' BY THEIR FRIEND MO AND THEMSELVES!

eta: SO, CW was a load of 'bollox' then showing G&KM check 'entries' through UNLOCKED patio door!

£7.5 million and 2years 9 mths for this 'retro fitting' Andy?

Do your effing job, man!

You're making the blinking SY/MET the 'laughing stock' of the WORLD, single handedly!

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express 9 Feb 2014 - MADELEINE - There REALLY WAS a COVER-UP

Post by Tony Bennett on 09.02.14 13:04

@jeanmonroe wrote:
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/458798/Apartment-key-theft-cover-up-by-resort-staff-in-Madeleine-McCann-case

Apartment key theft cover-up by resort staff in Madeleine McCann case - KEYS to the holiday apartment from which Madeleine McCann was abducted were lost shortly before she vanished, it was claimed last night.

By: James Murray - Published: Sun, February 9, 2014


IT has been alleged that the hotel's set of keys to the McCann room went missing  [GETTY]

However, police were not informed about the loss of potentially crucial evidence which could unlock the seven-year mystery.

A Sunday Express investigation in Portugal has revealed astonishing new information which, if proved, suggests the kidnap was well planned and executed using stolen keys.

Amid claims that Portuguese police are about to arrest three former workers at the Ocean Club in Praia da Luz, based on information gathered by Scotland Yard, we tracked down a former maintenance worker at the complex whose revelations could change the direction of the international investigation.

The retired man, whose identity we have agreed to protect, said: “I have kept this to myself for long enough, so now it is right to tell people what happened.

“There was another maintenance worker at the Ocean Club who said he had lost a set of keys for the whole of block five.”

Kate and Gerry McCann, their twins Sean and Amelie and eldest daughter Madeleine, were staying in apartment 5a in the block, where there had been a spate of burglaries in the weeks before she vanished.

The former Ocean Club worker revealed: “I remember my colleague telling some of us the keys to that block had been lost.

He told us about it in the week when the child was taken but I cannot remember the exact day. In the maintenance department we kept duplicates of all keys to the apartments.

They were on a long cable and very clearly marked and we kept them in a safe.

“If there was a problem, a water leak, a gas leak, it was important for us to have entry to apartments if the owners or guests were out.

Madeleine McCann, police, investigation, police, Portugal, Tiago da SilvaDENIALS: Maintenance worker Tiago da Silva [MARK KEHOE]

“When the man told us about the lost keys, he started crying. He was very upset. He was worried about losing his job, I think, and he did not want others to know about it.

“After the child disappeared, we all had to give statements to the police but I did not mention the keys had been lost because I did not think it was relevant.”

Shortly after Madeleine went missing, the world’s media descended on the Ocean Club and staff were told not to speak to journalists and to co-operate fully with police.

It was widely reported then that someone may have entered 5a through unlocked patio doors so people were not suggesting stolen duplicate keys could have been used to gain access through the front door.

The man said: “This has been on my mind for a long time and you are the first person I have told about it. I did not want to get the other man into trouble, I suppose.

"I didn’t really like the man and I didn’t want trouble from him. He was always doing nasty pranks. Once he put fibreglass in my work trousers which is not nice because it rubs against the skin and hurts.

“He was a young, confident man and I was a lot older than him and we just didn’t get on. In fact, he was the reason I left the job. After the little girl was taken, the atmosphere was really bad. It was not a good place to work.”

The Sunday Express has seen the statement the man gave to Portuguese police shortly after Madeleine was taken on the evening of May 3, 2007, and there is no mention of him stating keys had gone missing.

A Portuguese newspaper reported last week that police were particularly interested in a driver at the Ocean Club who dropped guests at the apartments after they arrived from Faro airport.

The man said: “On that night I was asked to do some driving because the man who was supposed to do the driving did not arrive at work. I remember ringing my wife and telling her I would be late home that night.”

Now that the man has come forward with new information he is likely to have to give a more detailed statement to police.

The Sunday Express tracked down the maintenance worker who allegedly lost the keys, 29-year-old Tiago da Silva, who lives a few miles from Luz in Lagos, a pretty coastal town.

When we put it to him that keys were lost, he paused momentarily before saying: “That is not the case. I can’t remember any keys going missing. The keys in maintenance were kept in a safe and nobody could get to them.”

However, his former colleague insisted: “I know what he told me at the time. The keys for all the blocks were kept on a cable and clearly marked.

“He said he had lost the keys to block five. He told me in the same week when the little girl went missing. I am sure of this.


“From my memory I think they were replaced with duplicate keys for the apartments which were held at reception. I remember all this very clearly. He did not want us to tell people about it, so we didn’t say anything.”

Scotland Yard officers have made about 20 trips to Portugal for their investigation, Operation Grange, into Madeleine’s disappearance when she was approaching her fourth birthday.

Portuguese detectives have carried out inquiries on behalf of the Yard team, which has not been allowed to pursue investigations on the ground..

A lot of facts there.

Or alleged facts.

I am wondering if we could run the Express and Mirror stories together?

Is it possible that the lost/stolen keys were found by/handed to Uzbek gypsies?

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13973
Reputation : 2147
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express 9 Feb 2014 - MADELEINE - There REALLY WAS a COVER-UP

Post by Okeydokey on 09.02.14 13:08


More holes than a Swiss cheese or a two-round golf course!

If the Express are right, then the dastardly gang had a great stroke of luck when they came across the bunch of keys that had been "lost". 

On the other hand, if it was an inside job and the keys weren't really lost, why didn't the gang just get copies cut without ever admitting they had been lost? Admitting to keys being lost is a bit of a give away isn't it?  Immediately gives a link to the crime.

Okeydokey

Posts : 919
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2013-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express 9 Feb 2014 - MADELEINE - There REALLY WAS a COVER-UP

Post by jeanmonroe on 09.02.14 13:15

If they had keys i wonder why they didn't also 'nick' the 'home alone' Tanner kids or 'home alone' Oldfield kid or 'home alone' McCann twins.

In for a penny, in for a pound, and all that!

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express 9 Feb 2014 - MADELEINE - There REALLY WAS a COVER-UP

Post by tiny on 09.02.14 13:17

So has this man been question by the pj with this new evidence uncover by the express or is it a load of bollox yet again.

tiny

Posts : 2274
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express 9 Feb 2014 - MADELEINE - There REALLY WAS a COVER-UP

Post by Guest on 09.02.14 13:17

Don't forget the Payne poppets too!

How eternally thankful must the remainder of the Tapas group be that it wasn't one of theirs that "disappeared"......

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express 9 Feb 2014 - MADELEINE - There REALLY WAS a COVER-UP

Post by jeanmonroe on 09.02.14 13:30

Andy and his mates better get to MW OC pronto, otherwise there will be NO 'staff' to question if MW OC is suddenly 'closed' due to totally 'unfavourable publicity' in the UK 'Madia'

I haven't seen in the Express, in their holiday section, highly recommending MW OC, PDL as a prime holiday 'destination' for all the family, it being so 'child friendly' and all that.

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express 9 Feb 2014 - MADELEINE - There REALLY WAS a COVER-UP

Post by Tony Bennett on 09.02.14 14:07

I want to raise this question.

Has DCI Andy Redwood, or one of his team, identified this 'maintenance worker' and supplied the Editor of the Express with his conasct details, just so that the Express could run a juicy and highly profitable story on its front page?

I now raise a second question. Could exactly the same apply to the 'Uzbek gypsy' story in the Mirror? Has Redwood, or one of his team, deliberately leaked that story in order to produce another sensational tabloid front page story about the claimed abduction of Madeleine McCann?

If the answer to both, or either, of the above questions is 'yes', then we have moved into the territory of very serious professional misconduct, if not outright criminality:


[ From the Crown Prosecution Service website:

Perverting the course of justice is a serious offence. It can only be tried on indictment and carries a maximum sentence of life imprisonment. The offence is committed where a person:

  • does an act (a positive act or series of acts is required; mere inaction is insufficient)
  • which has a tendency to pervert and
  • which is intended to pervert
  • the course of public justice.

The course of justice includes the police investigation of a possible crime (it is not necessary for legal proceedings to have begun). A false allegation which risks the arrest or wrongful conviction of an innocent person is enough. The word pervert can mean 'alter' but the behaviour does not have to go that far - any act that interferes with an investigation or causes it to head in the wrong direction may tend to pervert the course of justice. All the prosecution needs to prove is that there is a possibility that what the suspect has done "without more" might lead to a wrongful consequence, such as the arrest of an innocent person (Murray (1982) 75 Cr. App. R. 58). ]

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13973
Reputation : 2147
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express 9 Feb 2014 - MADELEINE - There REALLY WAS a COVER-UP

Post by aquila on 09.02.14 14:09

This article certainly puts a different spin on the continuing reputation management of Madeleine's parents imo. If you take recent readers' comments in the press (Daily Mail have been allowing them) there are quite a few of the great British public who are not so forgiving anymore and not afraid to voice the fact that the Mc's left their kids alone. That's a big ouch moment for the McCanns.

What is presented/inferred today in the Express is that this holiday company didn't take care of spare apartment keys and their staff are possibly dodgy. What is presented in today's Mirror is creepy foreigners targeting blonde British children on holiday in Portugal.

None of the 'information' is directly related to any source - not the McCanns, not Scotland Yard and not the PJ as is usual.

Who's talking to the Press?

Who's selecting which press titles to speak with?

My opinion only.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express 9 Feb 2014 - MADELEINE - There REALLY WAS a COVER-UP

Post by aquila on 09.02.14 14:10

@Tony Bennett wrote:I want to raise this question.

Has DCI Andy Redwood, or one of his team, identified this 'maintenance worker' and supplied the Editor of the Express with his conasct details, just so that the Express could run a juicy and highly profitable story on its front page?

I now raise a second question. Could exactly the same apply to the 'Uzbek gypsy' story in the Mirror? Has Redwood, or one of his team, deliberately leaked that story in order to produce another sensational tabloid front page story about the claimed abduction of Madeleine McCann?

If the answer to both, or either, of the above questions is 'yes', then we have moved into the territory of very serious professional misconduct, if not outright criminality.
apologies Tony, my post came in at the same time as yours.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express 9 Feb 2014 - MADELEINE - There REALLY WAS a COVER-UP

Post by ultimaThule on 09.02.14 14:22

From Stephen Carpenter's statement; events of 4th May 2007:

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/STEPHEN-CARPENTER.htm

"SC: After he left, he explained that Gerry was frustrated with the way in which the case was being handled and they went to talk to John Hill.

DCF: Yes..

SC: In Mark Warner and he asked that all the Mark Warner rooms be opened so that he could check them and asked the cleaning ladies etc. to help open all the empty apartments that were not necessarily in the Mark Warner complex, but for which they might have the keys. At this moment I also met an English man called Dave who lived in the area and helped the Ocean Club to authorise entry into all the apartments possible, some of the apartments in Gerry's block belonged to local owners and Dave helped to get the keys to these apartments so that they could check them and search them, they checked them all in a general manner."


When authorising access it would seem John Hill failed to notice that his maintenance department's collection of keys to properties in block G were missing and begs the question of when this matter came to his attention and what steps were taken to either locate the lost keys or replace them?  

In the meantime, it appears John Hill's oversight has blown the case wide open as literally anyone who was in or around Luz from the time these keys went missing may have found them and availed themselves of the opportunity to steal a child from her bed while her parents were otherwise engaged out of sight and earshot.

May we expect a further Crimewatch update with AR producing thousands of e-fits and appealing for help in identitfying all of the possible suspects?

ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express 9 Feb 2014 - MADELEINE - There REALLY WAS a COVER-UP

Post by Tony Bennett on 09.02.14 14:26

@aquila wrote:
None of the 'information' is directly related to any source - not the McCanns, not Scotland Yard and not the PJ as is usual.

But the Express article says this: "Amid claims that Portuguese police are about to arrest three former workers at the Ocean Club in Praia da Luz, based on information gathered by Scotland Yard, we tracked down a former maintenance worker at the complex whose revelations could change the direction of the international investigation".

Who's talking to the Press?

I am sure that it is Scotland Yard who are doing this, albeit via a third party. We have had maybe a dozen or two dozen stories about possible suspects and leads etc. in the British tabloids since the Crimewatch programme, and on every single occasion IIRC the press have said 'Scotland Yard want to interview...', 'Scotland Yard want to tale to...', 'Scotland Yard have spoken to...' etc. etc. 

Who's selecting which press titles to speak with?

Clearly someone, somewhere, is arranging for these profitable tabloid stories to be shared out on a sort of 'Buggins' Turn' principle 

My opinion only.

It is not possible that ANY of the stories which have appeared since around the time of Crimewatch, and more recently, could possibly have done so without the full-hearted consent and encouragement of Redwood and his team (and those above him, for that matter).  Craftily, we get Scotland Yard spokemen wheeled out on most occasions to make lofty comments like: "We will not be commenting on this story" - whilst at the same time they are actively conniving at and promoting all these stories appearing in the tabloid press.

Allegedly.

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13973
Reputation : 2147
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express 9 Feb 2014 - MADELEINE - There REALLY WAS a COVER-UP

Post by NickE on 09.02.14 14:41

One thing I'm thinking about is how they can get someone prosecuted for the offense when there is no technical evidence,DNA,fingerprints,body,murder weapon,witnesses,etc
I see it as impossible or?
 dontgetit

NickE

Posts : 916
Reputation : 217
Join date : 2013-10-27
Age : 41

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express 9 Feb 2014 - MADELEINE - There REALLY WAS a COVER-UP

Post by Okeydokey on 09.02.14 14:57

@russiandoll wrote:
@juliet wrote:Bishop Brennan makes such a good point: that people are now being persuaded that the apartment was secured and locked...

 Maybe so, but same people saw the open window and Kate doing her WHOOSH on CW.

 I have a spare set of keys to block 5. I want an under-5 girl [ more than one similar to Maddie in the group, all accessible in their locked apartments using spare keys]. Let's say access via the front made sense, car park for getaway. Unlocked patio doors not an issue.
 I simply start at the corner apartment, the first I come to, and luckily find a child of desired size and age there, I have not targeted this child at all, just been lucky, I do not have to enter any more apartments and can be away sooner than expected.

 I unlock the front door, enter, find the child.
  Do I

 a] simply pick her up and leave via the front door, which is next to the room I am in and can be in my car very quickly to drive off before I am
 discovered?

 or
  b] before picking up the child, waste time by walking around travel cots to the other side of the room, open the curtains, window and shutters, go back to get said child and repeat the journey, either passing her out to an accomplice who is  of course at the open window but also very near the door [, which I can or if alone, go through the awkward and time -consuming process of climbing onto the bed and out of the window with this child in my arms ?
Also risky if I fall. This would not be considered imo, never mind done ,if there was quick exit available via a DOOR !


 Many people will remember the tale as told by Kate and the family.....open window, curtains and shutters.

 Why on earth would this be the case, had a key been used?

  Not credible.

Yes - especially as, in the event of a witness coming along unexpectedly,  it would appear to the witness to be  perfectly normal to see an adult emerge from an apartment carrying a child, but not to see a child being passed through a window!

Okeydokey

Posts : 919
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2013-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express 9 Feb 2014 - MADELEINE - There REALLY WAS a COVER-UP

Post by Guest on 09.02.14 14:59

@Tony Bennett wrote:

It is not possible that ANY of the stories could possibly have done so without the full-hearted consent and encouragement of Redwood and his team (and those above him, for that matter).  

Allegedly.
How is that not possible? Alledgedly.
It seems all junk. Anyone can make it up. With or without encouragement or consent.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express 9 Feb 2014 - MADELEINE - There REALLY WAS a COVER-UP

Post by aquila on 09.02.14 15:01

Isn't there some sort of talk (perhaps Tony can help out here) recently of the Press being required to reveal sources (something like that) in the light of the Leveson Inquiry? The Press would hate this but SO would the government and the police. There's a libel case (Brooks) going on at the moment and I seem to think sources have been refused.

The corridors of power and greed are too much for me to understand.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express 9 Feb 2014 - MADELEINE - There REALLY WAS a COVER-UP

Post by Okeydokey on 09.02.14 15:06

At the risk of p'ing some people off here, I would say this story does differ from many others in having some specifics that can and should be investigated thoroughly if that has not already happened.

However, I think we need to acknowledge that even where there is no malice (and this guy didn't like the other guy) memory is an amazingly malleable tool.  We tend to merge real events with wishes and expectations to produce a narrative that we feel is credible or interesting. It is quite possible for instance that this guy has taken an incident that happened to someone else two years before Madeleine disappeared, applied it to a guy he didn't like and then transferred it to the time period around Madeleine's disappearance.

Various parts don't ring true, not least the bit where the guy is frightened about losing his job but is telling everyone about the keys having disappeared...if you are really frightened about losing your job, wouldn't you be more likely to keep it to yourself? - wouldn't you be more likely to be looking for excuses? - or trying to make out it was theft rather than confessing to losing them?

Also I want more info on this "spate" of burglaries. I think we have in fact one unconfirmed claim of theft which I think was reported AFTER MMcC disappeared.  People lose money on holiday all the time - it's quite normal - and people do suspect theft..."I'm sure I had £50 in my shorts yesterday...where's it gone? Do you reckon someone's been in the room and nicked it."   Is that the sort of claim we are talking about?

Okeydokey

Posts : 919
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2013-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express 9 Feb 2014 - MADELEINE - There REALLY WAS a COVER-UP

Post by tiny on 09.02.14 15:20

So why has this man not told the pj even now,   but sold this to the express,all rubbish

tiny

Posts : 2274
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express 9 Feb 2014 - MADELEINE - There REALLY WAS a COVER-UP

Post by SixMillionQuid on 09.02.14 15:39

@tiny wrote:So why has this man not told the pj even now,   but sold this to the express,all rubbish

If he was a colleague of Tiago Silva he has to be one of these guys in maintenance who gave statements to the PJ during that same week he mentions but could not recall the date.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JAIME_P_O_GRACIA.htm
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JOSE_BATISTA.htm
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/LUIS-FERRO.htm
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARIA-GLORIA.htm
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MIGUEL-PALMA.htm
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TIAGO-SILVA.htm
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/SILVIA_BATISTA.htm
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARIO_MOREIRA.htm

If he wasn't then we're looking at another pack of lies courtesy of the press.

SixMillionQuid

Posts : 436
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2013-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday Express 9 Feb 2014 - MADELEINE - There REALLY WAS a COVER-UP

Post by SixMillionQuid on 09.02.14 15:49

Amid claims that Portuguese police are about to arrest three former workers at the Ocean Club in Praia da Luz, based on information gathered by Scotland Yard, we tracked down a former maintenance worker at the complex whose revelations could change the direction of the international investigation.

The retired man, whose identity we have agreed to protect, said: “I have kept this to myself for long enough, so now it is right to tell people what happened.

...................

The man said: “This has been on my mind for a long time and you are the first person I have told about it. I did not want to get the other man into trouble, I suppose.



The Express tracks him down but they are the first persons "I have told about it". So who told the Express to track this individual down? This information could only have come from an investigation.

SixMillionQuid

Posts : 436
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2013-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum