The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Sunday Express 9 Feb 2014 - MADELEINE - There REALLY WAS a COVER-UP

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sunday Express 9 Feb 2014 - MADELEINE - There REALLY WAS a COVER-UP

Post by aquila on 09.02.14 2:00

It's going to be interesting to see what the newspaper reviews on television news will be later today - there's no convenient way to nip past this article - the major headline is about Madeleine and the secondary headline is the death of a boy aged 7 from the toxic flood.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 09.02.14 2:14

@aquila wrote:It's going to be interesting to see what the newspaper reviews on television news will be later today - there's no convenient way to nip past this article - the major headline is about Madeleine and the secondary headline is the death of a boy aged 7 from the toxic flood.

Perhaps they will invite DCI Redwood in to comment on what the UK public's thoughts are on a 'MADELEINE COVER UP' story!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan on 09.02.14 3:46

In an older hotel or holiday apartment complex everyone knows that staff members have a key to the room or access to a master key:  Front Desk, Housekeeping, Chambermaids, Maintenance, Security, even former guests.  That is standard the world over.  And from time to time guests (or staff) will lose those keys.  Again - 100% standard.

To report that a 'lost key' is somehow FRONT PAGE NEWS - a possible breakthrough in the case, is beyond ridiculous. It is bordering on the insulting.

However, there is an unintended consequence here.  Reading a story about keys and security reminds the public just how monumentally stupid the McCanns were to leave their three toddlers all alone in the apartment.  EVERY NIGHT.  Readers will rightly assume that to leave them alone with doors locked was bad enough - but to then go out with the doors left open.... well nobody can identify (or sympathise) with that.

So - an astonishingly mindless story but one which actually harms the McCanns by highlighting their indefensible behaviour throughout the holiday.

Bishop Brennan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan on 09.02.14 4:17

The other reading of the recent flurry of stories is that there is a coordinated PR campaign underway to create a new narrative.   The old 9pm - 9.40pm story (as detailed by the T9, the official website, and at length in "Madeleine") has now been consigned to history - declared irrelevant by SY.  That means that the jemmied shutters, whooshing curtains, moving doors, sedated children, 'someone in the room', 'tannerman' are all gone.

The McCanns now have no story. None. They are right back to zero.  No story. No suspects. No motive. (And no alibi either actually).  So a new story is needed.

This new story seems to require the apartment to be locked (to minimise the stupidity of leaving the toddlers all alone).  And so we have lots of headlines about "burglars" and "employees with access" and now "lost keys".  After a while no-one but us will remember that the McCanns claimed the apartment was unlocked.  

And in this new post-9:40pm timeline, there is only time for an entirely traceless break-ins. They have to be in and out and gone in a couple of minutes.  And the best people to do that?  'Professional' Burglars. Ex-Employees (with or without grudges). People with KEYS!!!  

It's a desperately thin story without even a shred of evidence to back it up. Not a single bit.  Not even to help the story along!  The public so far (to judge by the comments) are not buying it.  But as a good propagandist knows, if you repeat a lie often enough, people may come to believe it.   This appears to be the strategy - easily implemented in the UK where the lazy media simply print and churn whatever is handed to them.

Bishop Brennan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth on 09.02.14 6:41

@russiandoll wrote: now copied over from where I posted it in a reply to a member discussing a link to it on twitter ,  [ admin please delete if needlessly duplicated on different threads. ]
  posted also on Mitchell's list of suspects topic....now I wonder who made this claim re the stolen keys ?  

Don't read the small print about the keys, it's THE COVER UP that catches my eye and is so true!

oh go on 

Very nice.

Seek truth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Shuffle on 09.02.14 7:40

Wonder if G stole the keys.... empty appartment needed...  spin

Silver Shuffle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SixMillionQuid on 09.02.14 8:06

Why get keys if this pre planned burglary that went wrong knew the McCanns left the rear patio doors wide open? I thought this is what they want us to think - but wont say. The burglars slipped into 5A between 8:30pm and 9pm through the patio doors and hung around for an hour.

SixMillionQuid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE on 09.02.14 8:37

"A Sunday Express investigation in Portugal has revealed astonishing new information which, if proved, suggests the kidnap was well planned and executed using stolen keys".

Wow,British media solves the case clapping

NickE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 09.02.14 8:45

@Woofer wrote:So they came through the front door with a key, but left through the window  big grin

...leaving the patio door open so that the draught from the open window would slam the bedroom door and whoosh the curtains , phoof, like that.
 big grin big grin big grin  oh dear, does it get any better.
Hope the three about to be arrested are different from the ones actually officially holding all the master keys, otherwise, there wouldn't be any 'theft' involved and that wouldn't be half as interesting.   Mrs

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 09.02.14 8:58

It was the Express Group who paid £ 500.000,- To the McCannns?

Wonder if they've recouped that loss yet with the extra copies sold when 'new' evidence turns up.

Iirc TM was advised not to sue for a while as the fine would increase as more negative stories were printed.
Wonder who would have been the advisor?

What really must have hurt is the pay out to Murat whogot £ 600.000,-.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 09.02.14 9:55

This latest article is like an amalgamation of all of the allowable references and phrases given to the press by team McCann over the years.  The crib sheet has been used to produce one story in its entirety.

The keys were needed in order to carry out the dry run the night before, remember ?  Donal McIntyre told us, so it must be true. yes 

There cannot be many stories left at this stage.  Just one.

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

DEFAMATION

Post by PeterMac on 09.02.14 10:42

I wonder how long it will be before the Legal department of Mark Warner wake up and see how much damage Clarence Mitchell and the McCanns are doing,
and have done to their claim to operate Child Friendly resorts.

http://www.markwarner.co.uk/
Multi-award-winning family holidays
You know you’re in expert hands when you book a sun or ski holiday with Mark Warner, three-time winner in the British Travel Awards 2013 (Best Medium Ski & Winter Sports Holiday Company, Best Medium Activity/Sports Holiday Company, and Best Medium All Inclusive Holiday Company) and best ski operator according to the Telegraph Travel Awards 2013. Our beach resorts will give you more of a summer holiday, whether you unwind by the pool or with a pampering spa massage or enjoy tennis or sailing and other watersports. In winter you can be sure of an unforgettable ski holiday in our cosy chalet hotels in snow-sure resorts. And if you’re travelling with children you can be confident that, wherever you holiday with us, our renowned childcare for kids of all ages and free evening crèche will leave every member of the family with memories to last a lifetime.  .

Memories to last a lifetime ?   Mmmmm !

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow on 09.02.14 10:54

bristow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by juliet on 09.02.14 10:57

Bishop Brennan makes such a good point: that people are now being persuaded that the apartment was secured and locked...

juliet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.02.14 11:01

@Seek truth wrote:
@russiandoll wrote: now copied over from where I posted it in a reply to a member discussing a link to it on twitter ,  [ admin please delete if needlessly duplicated on different threads. ]
  posted also on Mitchell's list of suspects topic....now I wonder who made this claim re the stolen keys ?  

Don't read the small print about the keys, it's THE COVER UP that catches my eye and is so true!

oh go on 

Very nice.

Subliminally the other headers:

Lived fast and DIED young

DEATH & MM (Marilyn, not our Maddie MBM)

Why do I have a persistant impression the Express are after the MCCS Truth?

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 09.02.14 11:17

@juliet wrote:Bishop Brennan makes such a good point: that people are now being persuaded that the apartment was secured and locked...

Maybe so, but same people saw the open window and Kate doing her WHOOSH on CW.

I have a spare set of keys to block 5. I want an under-5 girl [ more than one similar to Maddie in the group, all accessible in their locked apartments using spare keys]. Let's say access via the front made sense, car park for getaway. Unlocked patio doors not an issue.
 I simply start at the corner apartment, the first I come to, and luckily find a child of desired size and age there, I have not targeted this child at all, just been lucky, I do not have to enter any more apartments and can be away sooner than expected.

I unlock the front door, enter, find the child.
  Do I

a] simply pick her up and leave via the front door, which is next to the room I am in and can be in my car very quickly to drive off before I am
 discovered?

or
  b] before picking up the child, waste time by walking around travel cots to the other side of the room, open the curtains, window and shutters, go back to get said child and repeat the journey, either passing her out to an accomplice who is  of course at the open window but also very near the door [, which I can or if alone, go through the awkward and time -consuming process of climbing onto the bed and out of the window with this child in my arms ?
Also risky if I fall. This would not be considered imo, never mind done ,if there was quick exit available via a DOOR !

Many people will remember the tale as told by Kate and the family.....open window, curtains and shutters.

Why on earth would this be the case, had a key been used?

Not credible.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi on 09.02.14 11:17

Also fears that a small child died from some form of toxic poisoning (although that is genuinely news ). In fact everything on that page apart from the Thorntons chocolates relates!

nglfi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SixMillionQuid on 09.02.14 11:21

@juliet wrote:Bishop Brennan makes such a good point: that people are now being persuaded that the apartment was secured and locked...

Which begs the question how did Gerry, Mr Oldfield and Kate get into the apartment through an unlocked patio door.

SixMillionQuid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterion on 09.02.14 11:23

It sells a lot of papers today and when the truth comes out the SE will claim that they said it was a cover up of some sort.

I think the reason why the "elephant in the room" can be ignored by these press stories is because the great British people believe that the PJ planted the cadaverine etc.

mysterion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 09.02.14 11:24

Off topic, but I keep trying to swat that fly....  laughat the one on your new icon...

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 09.02.14 11:26

@SixMillionQuid wrote:

Which begs the question how did Gerry, Mr Oldfield and Kate get into the apartment through an unlocked patio door.

Exactly, the story as told by the Mcs is being demolished if you take it at more than face value, despite the allegations in the piece of what happened at the expense of a child.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 09.02.14 11:34

@Bishop Brennan wrote:Reading a story about keys and security reminds the public just how monumentally stupid the McCanns were to leave their three toddlers all alone in the apartment.  EVERY NIGHT.  Readers will rightly assume that to leave them alone with doors locked was bad enough - but to then go out with the doors left open.... well nobody can identify (or sympathise) with that.

So - an astonishingly mindless story but one which actually harms the McCanns by highlighting their indefensible behaviour throughout the holiday.

Unfortunately I don't think so. I think the casual reader will just think Scotland yard are getting somewhere at last, and the usual stuff about the Portuguese police. And, to the same readers, it makes it look as though the McCanns were set up by a carefully planned abduction.

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SixMillionQuid on 09.02.14 11:35

"It is my belief that Scotland Yard was set out on a mission, not one to find out what happened to Madeleine McCann but to rewrite the history of the case in such a way that the majority of the public simply forgets the past." - The Pat Brown Criminal Profiling Agency

SixMillionQuid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 09.02.14 11:39

@Bishop Brennan wrote:The other reading of the recent flurry of stories is that there is a coordinated PR campaign underway to create a new narrative.   The old 9pm - 9.40pm story (as detailed by the T9, the official website, and at length in "Madeleine") has now been consigned to history - declared irrelevant by SY.  This new story seems to require the apartment to be locked (to minimise the stupidity of leaving the toddlers all alone).  And so we have lots of headlines about "burglars" and "employees with access" and now "lost keys".  In this new post-9:40pm timeline, there is only time for an entirely traceless break-ins. They have to be in and out and gone in a couple of minutes.  And the best people to do that?  'Professional' Burglars. Ex-Employees (with or without grudges). People with KEYS!!!  

suzyjohnson: Could be right there Bishop Brennan

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 09.02.14 11:45

@suzyjohnson wrote:
@Bishop Brennan wrote:Reading a story about keys and security reminds the public just how monumentally stupid the McCanns were to leave their three toddlers all alone in the apartment.  EVERY NIGHT.  Readers will rightly assume that to leave them alone with doors locked was bad enough - but to then go out with the doors left open.... well nobody can identify (or sympathise) with that.

Unfortunately I don't think so. I think the casual reader will just think Scotland yard are getting somewhere at last, and the usual stuff about the Portuguese police. And, to the same readers, it makes it look as though the McCanns were set up by a carefully planned abduction.

But  it is the SY/PJ  and not the media investigation is what counts and public opinion does not have any bearing on what the police  do or find.

How can what is in the files, the statements from the parents re their checking, be reconciled with a key being used?

On record....Kate found the gates, patio door and curtains at that door closed - fits with entrance via the front door. Rear of 5a undisturbed.

There is Kate talking about a slamming door, a wide open window and raised shutters. I do not see how any policeman can reconcile that with a key being used to enter the apartment, regardless of whether shutters could be raised from outside. There is no credibility in any entry or exit via a window if there was access to a key. The police have to reconcile what Kate stated with a door being opened.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum