The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Kate McCann's friend 'Amanda'

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kate McCann's friend 'Amanda'

Post by Guest on 10.02.14 18:24

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/AMANDA-COXON.htm

For those querying whether Amanda Coxon was ever a cleaner / child minder for the McCanns, her statement does say that.

However, if the year given for the twins' birth is what she said and not a typo, it doesn't suggest that she knew the family well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks on 10.02.14 19:30

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/AMANDA-COXON.htm

For those querying whether Amanda Coxon was ever a cleaner / child minder for the McCanns, her statement does say that.

However, if the year given for the twins' birth is what she said and not a typo, it doesn't suggest that she knew the family well.
Reading Amanda's statement again (thanks NFWD) I realised that I have originally missed the fact that Amanda had worked for the McCann's BEFORE Madeleine was born.
She states that she got to know them in 2000, cleaning their house once a week? I don't but it. As another poster below has said, why on earth would this woman, who is obviously well connected, want to clean the McCann's house? Close friends? or more perhaps?

I am starting to think that Madeleine may have died sometime after the crying incident on Tuesday night, between midnight and early morning. The flurry of phone calls back and forth suggest something was happening.

Hicks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Praia on 10.02.14 19:54

Why would she say in her statement that Gerry enjoyed rolling on the floor with Madeleine? Strange people

Praia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.02.14 20:03

From Amanda Coxon's statement

Gerry is a person with his feet very firmly placed on the ground, a pleasant person who made us feel welcome from the very beginning.

Who is the 'us?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Praia on 10.02.14 20:08

She describes Kate as "calm and serene", really Amanda??

Praia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 10.02.14 20:40

Amanda states that she is good friends with Kate ,so why wasn't she a witness at the libel trial.
Amanda also said Kate and gerry never looked tired looking after madeleine,but I thought the family help kate look after her.

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.02.14 20:51

@Praia wrote:She describes Kate as "calm and serene", really Amanda??

That convinces me that Amanda doesn't know the family well!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.02.14 20:56

@tiny wrote:Amanda states that she is good friends with Kate ,so why wasn't she a witness at the libel trial.
Amanda also said Kate and gerry never looked tired looking after madeleine,but I thought the family help kate look after her.

Surely all parents of preschoolers look at least a bit tired don't they if they are doing it properly... especially if you have more than one at any one time to care for.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks on 10.02.14 21:05

On the Tuesday night Miss Chekaya, the quiz lady, says clearly in her statement that Kate was not at the table at 9.30 when she was asked by GM to join their table. Kate did not appear to be at the Tapas from at least 9.30 onwards, neither DP.
ROB had his meal sent up to his apartment.

Miss Chekaya thought there may have been an empty setting, as if someone had already had their meal and left.
It is reasonable to assume then that when Madeleine was crying for her father Kate was infact in the apartment. I think  mobile phone records relating to Tuesday night seem to confirm the same.

This situation begs the all important questions, "why would Madeleine be crying for her father, for well over an hour, when her mother was already in the apartment"? "Why didn't Kate go to Madeleine and soothe her"?

We have a spate of phone calls at this time, back and forth, that were later deleted. Kate was up very early on Wednesday morning ringing 'Amanda' at 7.30, twice! 

By Wednesday night we have kate sleeping in the children's bedroom..... after a big fight? (remember the bruises on her wrists?) or perhaps there was some other reason she couldn't sleep in the same bedroom as her husband, something to do with the cupboard the cadaver dogs alerted to?

Thursday would have been a day of deep cleaning I would wager.

Hicks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissesWillYa on 10.02.14 21:35

@Praia wrote:I did not mean that. Amanda is married to a man with a well paying job. Why did she work as a scivvy?? I don't buy it. Now if she was a carer for the children, maybe.

I've been wondering the same thing as I've read this thread. I thought maybe it was my American bias showing - here, doctors are among the best-paid professionals around and usually live relatively high on the hog, but I know it isn't this way everywhere. I have to wonder if the whole lot of these people were in serious financial trouble in 2007.

MissesWillYa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissesWillYa on 10.02.14 21:40

Amanda Coxon's descriptions of Madeleine, especially, seem very off. Happy, healthy and not hyperactive? She didn't sound like a happy child from her own mother's descriptions of her and she doesn't appear all that healthy in photos taken at the time. And didn't her own grandmother describe her as "a screamer"? Amanda's descriptions sound like a much more well-adjusted child.

MissesWillYa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.02.14 21:47

Bridget O'Donnell thought so too: "Kate was calm, still, quietly beautiful; Gerry was confident, proud, silly, strong. She watched his boyish demonstration with great seriousness and patience."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.02.14 21:48

That sounds like something out of a Mills and Boon novel - completely unrealistic and unbelievable.

Interestingly, Ms O'Donnell is now earning a living as a fiction writer.

Back to top Go down

Post by MissesWillYa on 10.02.14 21:51

Châtelaine wrote:
Bridget O'Donnell thought so too: "Kate was calm, still, quietly beautiful; Gerry was confident, proud, silly, strong. She watched his boyish demonstration with great seriousness and patience."

Hardly the type you'd picture pounding on walls and kicking bed-frames until they break.

MissesWillYa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.02.14 22:02

Chips! I should have added a  big grin or a  laughat so as to not be misunderstood ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks on 10.02.14 22:13

@Hicks wrote:On the Tuesday night Miss Chekaya, the quiz lady, says clearly in her statement that Kate was not at the table at 9.30 when she was asked by GM to join their table. Kate did not appear to be at the Tapas from at least 9.30 onwards, neither DP.
ROB had his meal sent up to his apartment.

Miss Chekaya thought there may have been an empty setting, as if someone had already had their meal and left.
It is reasonable to assume then that when Madeleine was crying for her father Kate was infact in the apartment. I think  mobile phone records relating to Tuesday night seem to confirm the same.

This situation begs the all important questions, "why would Madeleine be crying for her father, for well over an hour, when her mother was already in the apartment"? "Why didn't Kate go to Madeleine and soothe her"?

We have a spate of phone calls at this time, back and forth, that were later deleted. Kate was up very early on Wednesday morning ringing 'Amanda' at 7.30, twice! 

By Wednesday night we have kate sleeping in the children's bedroom..... after a big fight? (remember the bruises on her wrists?) or perhaps there was some other reason she couldn't sleep in the same bedroom as her husband, something to do with the cupboard the cadaver dogs alerted to?

Thursday would have been a day of deep cleaning I would wager.
Would like to add that I just had a thought about the Tuesday night. When Mrs Fenn heard the patio doors opening   Madeleine stopped crying, perhaps someone was going OUT of the doors, NOT coming in.

Hicks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.02.14 22:18

@Praia wrote:Why would she say in her statement that Gerry enjoyed rolling on the floor with Madeleine? Strange people

Before or after she mopped the floor?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.02.14 22:20

@Hicks wrote: Would like to add that I just had a thought about the Tuesday night. When Mrs Fenn heard the patio doors opening   Madeleine stopped crying, perhaps someone was going OUT of the doors, NOT coming in.
That has been suggested quite a couple of times over the past few years and it's IMO a genuine possibility.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks on 10.02.14 22:29

Châtelaine wrote:
@Hicks wrote: Would like to add that I just had a thought about the Tuesday night. When Mrs Fenn heard the patio doors opening   Madeleine stopped crying, perhaps someone was going OUT of the doors, NOT coming in.
That has been suggested quite a couple of times over the past few years and it's IMO a genuine possibility.
It makes more sense doesn't it? Kate was most likely already in the apartment. It is a shame that Mrs Fenn is no longer with us, we will never know for sure if the crying stopped just after Mrs Fenn heard the doors or just before.

Hicks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halfwit on 10.02.14 22:29

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:That sounds like something out of a Mills and Boon novel - completely unrealistic and unbelievable.

Interestingly, Ms O'Donnell is now earning a living as a fiction writer.

I thought at the time it was an example of vomit-inducing writing and that was in her role as a journalist. I certainly wouldn't want to read her fiction.

I too am very curious re Amanda being Kate's cleaner.  I know that lots of women actually love cleaning and perhaps Amanda was at a loose end and Kate was feeling overwhelmed and a casual arrangement evolved from that but I'm with Praia - I don't buy it.

Halfwit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halfwit on 10.02.14 22:36

I should have read Amanda's statement before I posted.

Ignore my post above.

Now of course I have to wonder why she was taking on cleaning jobs.

Halfwit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 11.02.14 5:15

The information we're missing about Amanda seems to be what the subject of her phone conversations with Kate were.

If I were Scotland Yard I'd want to interview Amanda about those conversations. But do we know if they have?

I can't imagine Kate asking Amanda anything overtly suspicious-sounding but IMO she may have disguised her conversation and questions to get answers that were helpful. For instance, she may have said, "If Madeleine is dead, what kinds of clues would the police look for? I need to know these things to put my mind at ease." And IMO Amanda might have readily given the answers, without knowing that she was helping Kate try to hide the evidence, rather than find it.

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 11.02.14 6:29

@canada12 wrote:The information we're missing about Amanda seems to be what the subject of her phone conversations with Kate were.

If I were Scotland Yard I'd want to interview Amanda about those conversations. But do we know if they have?

I can't imagine Kate asking Amanda anything overtly suspicious-sounding but IMO she may have disguised her conversation and questions to get answers that were helpful. For instance, she may have said, "If Madeleine is dead, what kinds of clues would the police look for? I need to know these things to put my mind at ease." And IMO Amanda might have readily given the answers, without knowing that she was helping Kate try to hide the evidence, rather than find it.

If her husband is a doctor or pathologist, there's an additional reason for her cooperation. Don't forget those to be interviewed for the rogatories were chosen by TM. Meaning imo that the contents of their statements were exactly what TM wanted.
Many on the list submitted only a written statement.
It 's in the interviews that we see big cracks appearing.

No doubt also, all those on the rogatory list were told to keep it to themselves.

Then - although this is entirely guesswork - the husbands of some witnesses may have been 'brothers'. Hence the glowing testimonials from their wives?

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 11.02.14 13:35

canada12,

Don't forget the evidenced texts started early morning on 2nd (there may have been others or the text arrangements could have been made to phone later from a different phone, we don't know), so they could never admit to your type of scenario as it would would destroy the TM timeline completely.

It would be nice to think that Grange would have looked at all of Amanda's & partner's phone records, but that probably falls outside of their present remit.

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 11.02.14 15:00

Châtelaine wrote:
"Calm and serene?"  As I don't know many women who can achieve that state without the aid of a large G&T or a constant diet of Prozac, it seems to me a rewrite is called for:

"Kate was completely indifferent to the sight of her husband showing off in front of strangers.  She'd watched Gerry making a prat of himself countless times and knew she'd best not roll her eyes and tell him to stop being such a tit otherwise he'd have a headache every night for the next week and she'd be sleeping with the children again".

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum