The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Keeping track of Suspects

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Keeping track of Suspects

Post by bobbin on 06.02.14 8:32

@tigger wrote:
@ultimaThule wrote:
@jeanmonroe wrote:Anyone care to hazard a guess on what suspect/sighting, possibly with E-fit (for authenticity, you'll understand) will be on the front pages for Thursday night (6th Feb) Friday (7th Feb)  'papers'?

Think Friday 7th February 2014 is 'judgement day' in Portugal libel 'trial'

As far as I'm aware, the court session on January 7th which was scheduled to hear closing arguments was postponed at the request of counsel for the McCanns and there's been no notification as to when the trial will resume.

Are they waiting for a major disaster to relegate any report of the result to the back pages?

Is that 'waiting' for a major disaster or 'organising' one.... a little bit like the amputee actors play off in Boston, to keep the populace in a state of perpetual fear, or any of the other scams that have given cause to high flying religious politicians to go to war, etc. etc.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.02.14 8:49

@jeanmonroe wrote:Anyone care to hazard a guess on what suspect/sighting, possibly with E-fit (for authenticity, you'll understand) will be on the front pages for Thursday night (6th Feb) Friday (7th Feb)  'papers'?

Think Friday 7th February 2014 is 'judgement day' in Portugal libel 'trial'

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t9122-madeleine-cops-probing-claims-a-kidnapper-tried-to-snatch-another-british-tot-from-holiday-flat-in-portugal

Like clockwork  drama 

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 06.02.14 8:54

And with the Winter Olympics coming up this week for a couple of weeks... that might be the news distraction they're waiting for...?

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by onehand on 06.02.14 11:18

the got still one extra in the pocket.

hope the copying will come out to an readable  dorm, but , otherwise, look in the link under the guest review for august 30 2011.

August 30, 2011
Prior to the holiday I had reviewed the location and hotel on tripadvisor so had quite high expectations, and to be fair I was not disappointed bar a couple of hiccups. The flight was comfortable enough and we had pre booked seats so that both our teenage children could sit next to a parent. On arrival at the airport our transfer was by mini bus with one other family and took approx 1hr. As we arrived early morning our rooms were not ready and our cases were stored while we explored the resort on foot. Down side to this was that another outfit would have been more suited and as the suncream was still in the cases I suffered a bit of premature sun burn. The resort is close to the beach and full benefit can be made of this as well as the pools and eating establishments connected to the resort itself. The accomodation was totally adequate and we were sited on the ground floor with a balcony and two twin bedrooms with french windows. These french windows had flimsy locks but added security was in the form of broom handles laid in the runners of the door which prevented the doors being opened in excess of 8 inches. This was to be a proven godsend when at 0420hrs on the first night someone attempted to gain entry to the room via the bedroom window where my 12yr old daughter and I were sleeping. This was reported to the reception the following morning ( there was no phone in the apartment ) and despite assurances that it had been reported to the police there was no follow up visit and they did not even query as to the age of the children in the apartment, which is more disappointing taking into consideration the recent history of the resort. After a second night with a carving knife nearby I finally relaxed and accepted it as a probable confused holidaymaker coupled with the theft of my union jack towel off the balcony to add weight to this theory. This aside the location was perfect with much of the traditional Algarve very much evident. The local restaurants were second to none and the fish dishes to die for, and two supermarkets within walking distance to provide for we self caterers stocked local and english products as well as fresh bread, fruit and veg. The Rep provided lots of advise re excursions that she could offer or point in the right direction for.

Yes, I recommend this accommodation.

onehand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 06.02.14 11:29

@canada12 wrote:And with the Winter Olympics coming up this week for a couple of weeks... that might be the news distraction they're waiting for...?
Perhaps we'll have 'ski man' as a potential person of interest. We've had tractors, cars, taxis, vans and mini buses - these things can't be recycled ad infinitum.

Oops as it's PDL on the Atlantic we haven't had 'surfer man' yet.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.02.14 11:40

@aquila wrote:
@canada12 wrote:And with the Winter Olympics coming up this week for a couple of weeks... that might be the news distraction they're waiting for...?
Perhaps we'll have 'ski man' as a potential person of interest. We've had tractors, cars, taxis, vans and mini buses - these things can't be recycled ad infinitum.

Oops as it's PDL on the Atlantic we haven't had 'surfer man' yet.
I'm just waiting for 'Astronaut' man to put in an appearance. Don't think Clarrie has worked his way down his list far enough for that just yet. Must be the next one!!

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin on 06.02.14 11:52

I'm not sure if this lot have been ruled out yet

tasprin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE on 06.02.14 12:01

Don't forget the aircrafts from NATO with the super duper cameras.
Dec 2013 I think.

NickE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.02.14 12:13

@NickE wrote:Don't forget the aircrafts from NATO with the super duper cameras.
Dec 2013 I think.
'Pilot man' to be in the frame soon maybe.

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 06.02.14 12:18

@tasprin wrote:I'm not sure if this lot have been ruled out yet
I'm still plumping for 'surfer man' - he's the next logical step on the evolutionary scale of 'people of interest'.

Surfer Man could be an itinerant sort of bloke who spends his time on the beach, sleeps rough in a battered old van/car etc, knows the locals, purchases/deals in a bit of dope, mixes with the local gypsies blah blah...see it's not hard to morph things.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.02.14 13:13

Stop.

This is getting too silly!

Look at this logically:

- Praia Da Luz is on the Atlantic coast of Portugal

- Gerald (who is the font of all wisdom) told us that Portugal does not have a Royal Navy.

There can only be one possible culprit:

Savvy?

Back to top Go down

Soothing couple

Post by Guest on 06.02.14 16:22

Can anyone enlighten me about the soothing couple. Did this really happen or is it a myth? Surely no one in their right mind would enter an apartment at night (or any other time) in case of being accused of wrong doing. 

If I was concered about what I was hearing I would either ignore it, ask a neighbour, report to reception or ring the emergency services depending on how concerned I was. 

In no circumstances would I enter unless perhaps I thought someone was in serious danger and I could help but I would still call or get someone to call emergency services and to cover myself and also consider my own safety first.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.02.14 16:58

Thanks. How odd. Could see why they wouldn't come forward though. They'd become prime suspects even if completely innocent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 on 06.02.14 17:04

Didn't we have a fisherman seen putting something in a boat???

Pershing36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 06.02.14 17:26

A 'soothing couple' and a need to find yet another distraction for whatever date the libel trial resumes?  Simples!

E-fits vaguely resembling Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke appear on the lifestyle fund's website and Clarence 'a source close to G&K' informs the media that SY are looking for a middle-aged nanny and a chimney sweep seen entering 5A on one or more unspecified occasions. 

Life may have been supercalifragilisticexpialidocious for the McCanns over the past 6+ years, but all good things come to an end and their end can't come soon enough for my liking. angry

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 06.02.14 17:33

Maybe the McC’s didn’t recognize themselves as the ‘middle-aged couple’!

Also interesting to see that this report dated May 2013 talks about:

‘Among those detectives want to speak to are British cleaners and 'low-level' workers, such as handymen and gardeners, The Mail on Sunday learned.
Some are thought to have been employed by the Ocean Club complex on a casual basis and may have already been interviewed.
Police are said to be keen to trace six British cleaners who were working in Praia da Luz when Madeleine vanished and who did not appear in the Portuguese files.
They are said to have used a white van and went from apartment to apartment offering their services, chiefly concentrating on expats’

which tends to support the TVI news report dated 3rd Feb 2014 that this was all part of the 1st Rogatory from last summer.

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterion on 06.02.14 17:53

Has alien abduction been tried yet? Would sell lots of papers.

mysterion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.02.14 18:01

The more I think about it I just don't believe a word of the soothing couple story unless as suggested it was the parents themselves. Therefore I have to conclude it has a shade of pink about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 06.02.14 18:46

@mysterion wrote:Has alien abduction been tried yet? Would sell lots of papers.
Not yet - alien abduction is on ice until judgement in the libel trial is due to be handed down but, given that a new date for closing arguments is yet to be announced, it may be some considerable time before it gets defrosted.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth on 07.02.14 3:57

It is very sad to see poor Madeleine's face on the papers with garbage written around it.

Very sad.

Crying or Very sad

Seek truth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 07.02.14 10:47

@Seek truth wrote:It is very sad to see poor Madeleine's face on the papers with garbage written around it.

Very sad.

Crying or Very sad

It's quite sad to see the screwed up papers with her face on sticking out of rubbish bins too.

Wonder what the twins think of that?

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 07.02.14 22:06

Whoever this couple were (and it's not likely to have been the McCanns themselves since they said Madeleine specifically asked them why they hadn't been there on the Wednesday night when she was crying, the McCann's iirc were in the tapas bar until late) 

But the interesting thing is, if there is any element of truth in the story, is that it shows that Madeleine was shrieking her head off on the Wednesday night as well as the Tuesday when Mrs Fenn heard her. Didn't Mrs Fenn say she was out on the Wednesday night and so wouldn't have known if there was any crying on that night?

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE on 08.02.14 14:28

"The Yacht man".
Yacht ­escape:" Police tried to find a British man who left the harbour on his yacht ­after mooring there for two years. 
A man was seen carrying a child to the boat".
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/kidnapper-spied-madeleine-mccann-police-1897649

NickE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 07.05.14 13:26

The next will be Digger Man

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum