The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Breaking News 4 SY Detectives in Portugal Brunt reporting Now

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Breaking News 4 SY Detectives in Portugal Brunt reporting Now

Post by Tony Bennett on 29.01.14 12:02

@plebgate wrote:@ Tony  - retiring at 48 - Cameron's work til you drop policy not going to affect the police then?

How can anyone retire at 48 and collect a huge pension when everyone else is expected to work until they are 66/70?

No wonder we all have to work til we drop - financing public sector pensions.  Cameron doesn't mention that does he.

Pah

Nurses and dustmen: "Work till you drop".

Near-retirees working for Operation Grange: "Work on the abduction as if it haappened in the UK, then retire with a £10 million pension pot - and, by the way, feel free to set up a lucrative business in private investigation and surveillance on retirement, while keeping your full pension".

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 29.01.14 12:04

@Woofer wrote:I can`t help thinking these photos are just theatre...

Kate McCann's diary: "Gerry put on another great TV performance"

Jon Corner on his August 2007 film of the McCanns: "I was just working backstage"

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on 29.01.14 12:05

Interesting that for months, months and months, we learned very little about Operation Grange.
The Yard often  visited Porto and Lisbon and   we did  not hear anything abut it  or much later, if we were lucky.
Suddenly 4 officers let themselves  be photographed  and they allow the photos to be published.
A  proof they went to Algarve, where the drama took place. No Porto, no Lisbon.
Imo this is intentional.

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum on 29.01.14 12:07

@Tony Bennett wrote:

Jon Corner on his August 2007 film of the McCanns: "I was just working backstage"
 Yes maybe...

but who is the intended audience and what is the message?

worriedmum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.01.14 12:10

Faro airport is near; a cab would have sufficed. yet they hired a car with Junior-dark-tie driving.

Walking uphill to the station Junior remained across the road to fix something.

At that time of day, he already carried a water bottle, while it wasn't warm at all (see people on the road wearing coats)

Did he have a hangover?

AR entered the building first, then mr Red Tie, who had spotted the photographer from above, looking back at him

mr. Blue Tie kept vigil over Junior, scrutinizing the pedestrians behind them. Must be a military man.

Junior having straightened his laces (what a bad wrinkled suit btw) Blue Tie ushered him in, bringing up the rear

When they went out for lunch, they LEFT their cases and files inside the building, there is no sign of them putting these into the rented car they were driving; why? Surely, you wouldn't take a risk with confidential documents, would you? So either these were not confidential, or they were meant to convince their opposite numbers of something. And, as no immediate results are to be expected (in quit the MBM), the documents may take some careful scrutiny, or passing up the chain of command. Which ChainOC could very well decide, after careful consideration: to invite the return of the former arguidos

Back to top Go down

Post by MarleneP on 29.01.14 12:12

@worriedmum wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:

Yes maybe...

Yes, that is the question! Why should you guess that? It's thought for the "big public"  who reads everywhere:
Burglars are arrested and interrogated.
It's that simple.
I bet on whitewash.

MarleneP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi on 29.01.14 12:16

@Woofer wrote:I can`t help thinking these photos are just theatre, just like the one two years ago showing 3 or 4 SY detectives leaving Metodo 3 offices with boxes of files and crossing over a zebra crossing.

Surely cops don`t parade through streets like the above photos - they would be picked up by the PJ in an official car, their suitcases and files placed in the boot and then taken directly to the PJ office (they surely must have a car park at the back with a back door into the PJ office.

Also why does AR not have his files in a carry case?  Papers could easily fall out from lever arch type files - it can hardly be top secret stuff to be carried openly through the streets like that.

These photoshoots just don`t seem how real policing would happen.  Peter Mac - your thoughts would be appreciated.

Agree with Portia - why the need for paperwork when everything can be viewed on a laptop.

I agree with you both, just theater to make it look good for all the plebs watching us,while watching them watching us !!!

Could all the paperwork be from the raided offices of Metodo 3, that they want the Portuguese Police to investigate ???

jozi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.01.14 12:27

Maybe they are looking happy and relaxed because they are dumping a load of red hot phone details into the lap of the PJ and running out of there as far and as fast as possible.  big grin 

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 29.01.14 12:30

@russiandoll wrote:Sky reporter   "It's not known whether this visit regarding burglars will yield any new information"

and " the Mcs will be doubtless watching the detectives' every move "

I bet they will...

whu would the mcs be watching the detectives if they are in the loop

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 29.01.14 12:33

Consider the other way round and 4 Portuguese Officers flew to England to have a meeting at Scotland Yard with all their accompanying paperwork - say arriving at Gatwick.  Would they really have to make their own way to SY offices or our CPS offices - NO - they would be picked up in an official car from Gatwick Airport and driven directly to the car park at the back of the offices and go straight in the back door.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 on 29.01.14 12:35

Sky News have showed the cover of Amaral's book on report

noddy100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin on 29.01.14 12:36

dantezebu wrote:Maybe they are looking happy and relaxed because they are dumping a load of red hot phone details into the lap of the PJ and running out of there as far and as fast as possible.  big grin 

Perhaps they contain a few hundred new sightings, as supplied by TM

tasprin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 29.01.14 12:38

@tasprin wrote:
dantezebu wrote:Maybe they are looking happy and relaxed because they are dumping a load of red hot phone details into the lap of the PJ and running out of there as far and as fast as possible.  big grin 

Perhaps they contain a few hundred new sightings, as supplied by TM
...and a box of PG Tips and a jar of Marmite.... big grin

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasputin on 29.01.14 12:38

@noddy100 wrote:Sky News have showed the cover of Amaral's book on report
I hope it was a clear shot of the title !... and excellent its existence is now fact to the world !

Rasputin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 29.01.14 12:40

@russiandoll wrote:man on left looks as if bag is an oversized laptop bag. no coats, I see and it is sunny but rather cool in Faro at present
Is the bougainvillea out?

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 29.01.14 12:41

@Woofer wrote:Consider the other way round and 4 Portuguese Officers flew to England to have a meeting at Scotland Yard with all their accompanying paperwork - say arriving at Gatwick.  Would they really have to make their own way to SY offices or our CPS offices - NO - they would be picked up in an official car from Gatwick Airport and driven directly to the car park at the back of the offices and go straight in the back door.
 I agree but from what we are told, they arrived in Portugal on Monday and had their meeting on Tuesday.  So, police would maybe not collect them drop them at hotel Monday, return Tuesday etc.

That said, it is apparent they were not trying to operate under cover, at least I hope not.  Who took the photos would be interesting to know.

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.01.14 12:45

@noddy100 wrote:Sky News have showed the cover of Amaral's book on report

Excellent  !!    Was there any mention of the content  ??      Will this be on the scrolling news do you think  ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 29.01.14 12:46

Woofer wrote:
Also why does AR not have his files in a carry case?  Papers could easily fall out from lever arch type files - it can hardly be top secret stuff to be carried openly through the streets like that.
------------------------------------------------
It's their expenses forms.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 29.01.14 12:49

@sami wrote:
@Woofer wrote:Consider the other way round and 4 Portuguese Officers flew to England to have a meeting at Scotland Yard with all their accompanying paperwork - say arriving at Gatwick.  Would they really have to make their own way to SY offices or our CPS offices - NO - they would be picked up in an official car from Gatwick Airport and driven directly to the car park at the back of the offices and go straight in the back door.
 I agree but from what we are told, they arrived in Portugal on Monday and had their meeting on Tuesday.  So, police would maybe not collect them drop them at hotel Monday, return Tuesday etc.

That said, it is apparent they were not trying to operate under cover, at least I hope not.  Who took the photos would be interesting to know.
Woofer, there's no should or shouldn't about it. However much you think they 'should' have been taken by car, they did in fact, walk to the front of the offices.
So would I if I were in the Portuguese sun, exercising, taking a deep breath in and thinking, this is GOOD, which seems to be the expression on all of their faces.
Why get a car out to do the little hop from the hotel to the office when there is so much Mediterranean character to be enjoyed.
Think on it, for a precious moment they are not in the rain in the UK, and apart from saving on petrol and pollution, it's good to be out.  big grin 

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 29.01.14 12:54

On the clip on shy news online, they are seen getting out of a car

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 29.01.14 12:56

@loopzdaloop wrote:Some lovely photos...

very reminscent of a film....

I feel like this photo opportunity has been intentionally organised by Scotland Yard for the historical record.

Like the following one:

These are going to be classics.

Perhaps other contributers are right that something is going to happen alongside the end of the libel trial.

Yep, they are just there to put the ball in the Portuguese court, then wash their hands and run.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by watendlath on 29.01.14 13:03

Sunglasses with water bottle: 
Do you think this is a good idea?
The burglars might see us on the news and flee the country.

Red Tie: 
Don't be daft, they'll never think of doing that.
Don't forget, they didn't go to Police College like we did.

watendlath

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 29.01.14 13:04

@worriedmum wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:

Yes maybe...

I am not alllowed to answer either question for legal reasons

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 29.01.14 13:05

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@russiandoll wrote: 

SIX QUESTIONS

Who briefed photographers to be there to take these photographs?

And why?

Cui bono - who benefits from these photographs being published?

How common is it for meetings between officials between two police forces to appear in the press?

Will the publication of these photographs help or hinder the arrest of any genuine criminals?

And finally, was this really all about favourable headlines in the British mainstream press - and a very expensive photo opportunity?

No Tony, don't be so paranoid. Of course they have made a huge step forward (see the photo) and have another 413 leads to follow up. So that's at least another 2 years, 3 million quid and maybe some extra detectives??

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 29.01.14 13:07

@roy rovers wrote:Four UK cops is the right number. Andy to blow the whistle and the other three to chase the burglars down the street and fell them with a rugby tackle.

Or maybe they're there for a sardine munching competition - the blue ties (x2) against the red ties (x2).

spit coffee 

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum