The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Breaking News 4 SY Detectives in Portugal Brunt reporting Now

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sky News UK police fly to Portugal

Post by kevmack on 29.01.14 0:08

http://news.sky.com/story/1202667/madeleine-mccann-uk-police-fly-to-portugal

British police have travelled to Portugal to liaise with local officers investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.
More follows...


Don't know if this is true or just pink spin, the fact that it has been reported at 12.02am suggests that pinky probably had a press embargo until today, as I doubt SY would make an announcement at this time

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I just saw it

kevmack

Posts : 238
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-12-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Breaking News 4 SY Detectives in Portugal Brunt reporting Now

Post by plebgate on 29.01.14 0:09

4 SY detectives in Portugal, Brunt is reporting, can't say why, but may be related to the ILOR re. the burglars

plebgate

Posts : 5441
Reputation : 1156
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking News 4 SY Detectives in Portugal Brunt reporting Now

Post by plebgate on 29.01.14 0:11

Hi Kevmac just posted, maybe CF will merge mine with yours?

plebgate

Posts : 5441
Reputation : 1156
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking News 4 SY Detectives in Portugal Brunt reporting Now

Post by Lance De Boils on 29.01.14 0:22

Yes, I see it's on the Sky ticker.
Interesting.... 

[When's the libel trial recommencing?]

Lance De Boils

Posts : 805
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2011-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking News 4 SY Detectives in Portugal Brunt reporting Now

Post by plebgate on 29.01.14 0:29

That was one of my first thoughts LDB - why have we not heard of a new date for the libel trial?

plebgate

Posts : 5441
Reputation : 1156
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking News 4 SY Detectives in Portugal Brunt reporting Now

Post by Mirage on 29.01.14 0:33

@plebgate wrote:That was one of my first thoughts LDB - why have we not heard of a new date for the libel trial?
Wasn't the 28th Jan mooted, or did I dream that?

____________________
Kate McCann: "It's too 'ot. Give 'im a minute."

Mirage

Posts : 1664
Reputation : 382
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking News 4 SY Detectives in Portugal Brunt reporting Now

Post by plebgate on 29.01.14 0:41

Missed that Mirage, did it happen?

plebgate

Posts : 5441
Reputation : 1156
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking News 4 SY Detectives in Portugal Brunt reporting Now

Post by Mirage on 29.01.14 0:51

@plebgate wrote:Missed that Mirage, did it happen?
No, it didn't happen. I just had the 27/28th in my head as a possible date given when they last adjourned.
What's your reading of this situation, Plebgate? I feel it's right on a knife edge.

____________________
Kate McCann: "It's too 'ot. Give 'im a minute."

Mirage

Posts : 1664
Reputation : 382
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking News 4 SY Detectives in Portugal Brunt reporting Now

Post by plebgate on 29.01.14 1:00

I still feel it's to interview them as possible witnesses Mirage.    Brunt did not have a lot to say only that he thought it related to the ILOR.  

As was discussed this week on a different thread, if these burglars had something to do with Maddie's disappearance why wait all these weeks to arrest them.  If they had abducted Maddie from the apartment they would be very dangerous individuals and the police would not imo give them several weeks notice of their intention to arrest and interview them.

We are led to believe from the Daily Mirror that the parents are on tenter hooks and wait to see if the Portugese police will co-operate with SY?

Seems a bit of a waste of time and (taxpayers,) money if 4 SY detectives have gone to Portugal not knowing whether the Portugese police will co-operate or not?

plebgate

Posts : 5441
Reputation : 1156
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking News 4 SY Detectives in Portugal Brunt reporting Now

Post by maebee on 29.01.14 1:04

http://news.sky.com/story/1202667/madeleine-mccann-uk-police-fly-to-portugal


. wrote:British police have travelled to Portugal to liaise with local officers investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.
A Scotland Yard team travelled to the Algarve days after a letter was sent to Portuguese police requesting help with tracking down and interviewing three burglars who were in the area when Madeleine vanished.
Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood, who is leading the investigation for the Metropolitan Police, was pictured arriving in Faro with three colleagues.
They held meetings with senior members of Portugal's Policia Judiciaria and are believed to have discussed leads recently identified by the Operation Grange investigation team in the UK.
Sky's Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt said the letter requesting help from the Portuguese authorities is understood to have arrived in Portugal "in the last 24 hours or so".
He said: "Four detectives from Scotland Yard arrived yesterday to meet their Portuguese colleagues - there's a small team of Portuguese police working in the Algarve on behalf of Scotland Yard.

maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Posts : 480
Reputation : 81
Join date : 2009-12-03
Location : Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking News 4 SY Detectives in Portugal Brunt reporting Now

Post by Mirage on 29.01.14 1:11

@plebgate wrote:I still feel it's to interview them as possible witnesses Mirage.    Brunt did not have a lot to say only that he thought it related to the ILOR.  

As was discussed this week on a different thread, if these burglars had something to do with Maddie's disappearance why wait all these weeks to arrest them.  If they had abducted Maddie from the apartment they would be very dangerous individuals and the police would not imo give them several weeks notice of their intention to arrest and interview them.

We are led to believe from the Daily Mirror that the parents are on tenter hooks and wait to see if the Portugese police will co-operate with SY?

Seems a bit of a waste of time and (taxpayers,) money if 4 SY detectives have gone to Portugal not knowing whether the Portugese police will co-operate or not?
Thanks Plebgate. Yes, I think AR notified the press. That was an extensive photo shoot in Faro so something must be about to happen. Quite what is hard to read and I don't want to get my hopes up too much. However, I think it may be possible that two plus one could be the subject of an arrest here. Martin Brunt is not in Faro and I think that may be significant. The groundwork has been done; this case has reached another stage IMO. Looking at the amount of paperwork they have with them (and it was paraded through the streets yesterday) the two plus one may find themselves under joint interrogation following an early morning flight. All IMO of course. And a fair amount of crossed fingers and toes!!

____________________
Kate McCann: "It's too 'ot. Give 'im a minute."

Mirage

Posts : 1664
Reputation : 382
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hooray! Redwood and NSY are in Portugal meeting with PJ

Post by Loving Mom on 29.01.14 1:16

A source close to the couple said: “Clearly the fact that the police are out there is significant. Kate and Gerry will now be on tenterhooks as they wait for any potential developments.
“The Met are being very pro-active and this is good news in the search for Madeleine and her abductor."
Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk 




Is anyone else sick of these anonymous sources of BS like the above?


Maybe a new topic? (Related to others but none more encouraging than the looks and body language of Redwood and NSY officers)


IMO, based on facts:
Clearly the fact that Redwood himself and NSY officers are in Portugal meeting with PJ is major!!! They are there "fighting for Madeleine" (er, er, erm, and they are not even her parents...).  As far as G and K, whatever, guilty or not, they have not helped and have not been "fighting" for Madeleine.
 shark

Loving Mom

Posts : 85
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking News 4 SY Detectives in Portugal Brunt reporting Now

Post by aiyoyo on 29.01.14 1:19

The Mccann couple on " tenterhooks" - why? Because burglars about to be arrested.

Brilliant innit! Frayed nerves about the arrest! big grin 

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking News 4 SY Detectives in Portugal Brunt reporting Now

Post by plebgate on 29.01.14 1:22

I think you may be right Mirage about the significance of Brunt being here and not in Port.

 The Daily Mirror have done quite a long report from a source/insider of the family and yet Brunty, in his coverage of the story for Sky News around Midnight, didn't have  too much to say.  He just said he didn't know exactly why the  SY detectives were there, but could be something to do with the ILOR.

Yes, you could well be right.    smilie

____________________
Judge Judy to shifty  witnesses   -    LOOK AT ME  -   Um is not an answer.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

Posts : 5441
Reputation : 1156
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking News 4 SY Detectives in Portugal Brunt reporting Now

Post by aiyoyo on 29.01.14 1:24

@Mirage wrote:
@plebgate wrote:I still feel it's to interview them as possible witnesses Mirage.    Brunt did not have a lot to say only that he thought it related to the ILOR.  

As was discussed this week on a different thread, if these burglars had something to do with Maddie's disappearance why wait all these weeks to arrest them.  If they had abducted Maddie from the apartment they would be very dangerous individuals and the police would not imo give them several weeks notice of their intention to arrest and interview them.

We are led to believe from the Daily Mirror that the parents are on tenter hooks and wait to see if the Portugese police will co-operate with SY?

Seems a bit of a waste of time and (taxpayers,) money if 4 SY detectives have gone to Portugal not knowing whether the Portugese police will co-operate or not?
Thanks Plebgate. Yes, I think AR notified the press. That was an extensive photo shoot in Faro so something must be about to happen. Quite what is hard to read and I don't want to get my hopes up too much. However, I think it may be possible that two plus one could be the subject of an arrest here. Martin Brunt is not in Faro and I think that may be significant. The groundwork has been done; this case has reached another stage IMO. Looking at the amount of paperwork they have with them (and it was paraded through the streets yesterday) the two plus one may find themselves under joint interrogation following an early morning flight. All IMO of course. And a fair amount of crossed fingers and toes!!

I dont believe 4 senior detectives are there to swoop on burglars by pre announcing it. It ain't going to happen.

Else, imagine the press bedlam in Portugal - what brilliant photo opportunity.

Sardines must be shared when talking serious business.




aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking News 4 SY Detectives in Portugal Brunt reporting Now

Post by loopzdaloop on 29.01.14 1:42

Some lovely photos...





very reminscent of a film....




I feel like this photo opportunity has been intentionally organised by Scotland Yard for the historical record.

Like the following one:



These are going to be classics.

Perhaps other contributers are right that something is going to happen alongside the end of the libel trial.

loopzdaloop

Posts : 334
Reputation : 40
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking News 4 SY Detectives in Portugal Brunt reporting Now

Post by Loving Mom on 29.01.14 1:48

A source close to the couple said: “Clearly the fact that the police are out there is significant. Kate and Gerry will now be on tenterhooks as they wait for any potential developments.
“The Met are being very pro-active and this is good news in the search for Madeleine and her abductor."
Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk


Is anyone else sick of these anonymous sources of BS like the above?


IMO, based on facts:
Clearly the fact that Redwood himself and NSY officers are in Portugal meeting with PJ is major!!! They are there "fighting for Madeleine" (er, er, erm, and they are not even her parents...). As far as G and K, whatever, guilty or not, they have not helped and have not been "fighting" for Madeleine.

Loving Mom

Posts : 85
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-12-11
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking News 4 SY Detectives in Portugal Brunt reporting Now

Post by canada12 on 29.01.14 1:56

They look like the posse lined up to take down the bad guys :-)

canada12

Posts : 1457
Reputation : 185
Join date : 2013-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking News 4 SY Detectives in Portugal Brunt reporting Now

Post by jeanmonroe on 29.01.14 2:08



Andy and his 'elites' arrive in Portugal with J Tanner's and D Payne's 'revised' witness statements in pull along suitcases.

40,000 pages of 'new' evidence in each suitcase.

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5129
Reputation : 884
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking News 4 SY Detectives in Portugal Brunt reporting Now

Post by Guest on 29.01.14 2:12

jeanmonroe its too late to be getting fits of giggles :-D

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking News 4 SY Detectives in Portugal Brunt reporting Now

Post by ultimaThule on 29.01.14 2:29

@jeanmonroe wrote:

Andy and his 'elites' arrive in Portugal with J Tanner's and D Payne's 'revised' witness statements in pull along suitcases.

40,000 pages of 'new' evidence in each suitcase.
 spit coffee  They look for all the world as if they're chained together and Andy's saying 'I know I had the key when we boarded the flight'  big grin

ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking News 4 SY Detectives in Portugal Brunt reporting Now

Post by marconi on 29.01.14 2:50

They are not intending to stay long. No regular luggage.

marconi

Posts : 1082
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking News 4 SY Detectives in Portugal Brunt reporting Now

Post by ultimaThule on 29.01.14 2:59

@marconi wrote:They are not intending to stay long. No regular luggage.
I don't know about that, marconi.  The briefs may be arriving on the next flight  smilie

ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking News 4 SY Detectives in Portugal Brunt reporting Now

Post by jeanmonroe on 29.01.14 3:22

@ultimaThule wrote:
@marconi wrote:They are not intending to stay long. No regular luggage.
I don't know about that, marconi.  The briefs may be arriving on the next flight  smilie

Surely you're not saying the 'elites' are dressed 'commando'?

Oh, THE briefs.

I thought you meant THEIR briefs may be arriving on the next flight!

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5129
Reputation : 884
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking News 4 SY Detectives in Portugal Brunt reporting Now

Post by ultimaThule on 29.01.14 3:43

Perish the thought!  That would be far too much excitement at this time in the morning...  laughat

ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum