The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Discrimination in Colorado and Washington - people who refuse to make wedding cakes for - or take wedding pictures of - homosexuals getting 'married' to face fines

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discrimination in Colorado and Washington - people who refuse to make wedding cakes for - or take wedding pictures of - homosexuals getting 'married' to face fines

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 28.01.14 16:11

@aquila wrote:
You sound a bit disgruntled to me and I'm sorry if you feel my opinon is personal to you - although I think you somehow don't like anything Tony Bennett (the originator of this thread) has to say which is the reason for your stance.

Ad hominem, attacking the poster, i.e. me. My opinions on discrimination are entirely independent of whatever TB happens to think about the subject. My views would be the same whoever brought it up.

If anyone can find a line from me in this thread where I have attacked a poster - as opposed to attacking an argument - then go ahead and quote it. Regardless, I'm off so people can discuss how homosexuals are 'LOOK AT ME I'M SPECIAL' people in peace.

whatliesbehindthesofa

Posts : 1320
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discrimination in Colorado and Washington - people who refuse to make wedding cakes for - or take wedding pictures of - homosexuals getting 'married' to face fines

Post by PeterMac on 28.01.14 16:13

Which University in the UK was it recently which allowed women to be placed at the back of the hall for a Muslim visiting speaker ?
Which of the present day religions does not permit its women to receive education, and shoots in the head any young girl who tries to obtain one ?
Which religion "forces" its womenfolk to cover their heads and faces
Which religionS do not permit women to enter the place of worship and to take a full part in Religious observance activities.
And so on.
These things are very deep in any culture.

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discrimination in Colorado and Washington - people who refuse to make wedding cakes for - or take wedding pictures of - homosexuals getting 'married' to face fines

Post by aquila on 28.01.14 16:15

@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:I'll just state my full opinion and move on - that it is wrong to treat people differently because of their ethnicity, gender, or sexual orientation, and that the law must reflect this.  Otherwise, you end up with shops with signs that say 'NO N***ERS', special seating for black people on buses, women without the right to vote, and slave owners.  Fortunately civilization keeps advancing for the better, regardless of attitudes that are best left in the past.
Oh my, have you gone back to Africa? Have a good look at Africa. Have a look at the equality shite you are spouting. South Africa, the bread basket and mostly civilised country of Africa is stuffed. There's a black government there that is open to the highest bidder. The black population are being screwed. There is tribalism that kills people for being homosexual.

You will NEVER hear anyone saying N**ger in Africa. You WILL hear black Americans saying it everyday. If you take a black American to Africa they'll find it a hostile place.

What on earth are you talking about?

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discrimination in Colorado and Washington - people who refuse to make wedding cakes for - or take wedding pictures of - homosexuals getting 'married' to face fines

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 28.01.14 16:20

@aquila wrote:
Oh my, have you gone back to Africa? Have a good look at Africa. Have a look at the equality shite you are spouting. South Africa, the bread basket and mostly civilised country of Africa is stuffed. There's a black government there that is open to the highest bidder. The black population are being screwed. There is tribalism that kills people for being homosexual.

You will NEVER hear anyone saying N**ger in Africa. You WILL hear black Americans saying it everyday. If you take a black American to Africa they'll find it a hostile place.

What on earth are you talking about?

So I'm 'spouting shite' now - thank you very much for that.

Yes, the world as a whole certainly isn't perfect. That doesn't make it right. Some parts of the world are advancing though, and that is very much a good thing. Any move forward is good, and discrimination laws form a part of that.

whatliesbehindthesofa

Posts : 1320
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discrimination in Colorado and Washington - people who refuse to make wedding cakes for - or take wedding pictures of - homosexuals getting 'married' to face fines

Post by Woofer on 28.01.14 16:25

@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:Why not just order a cake ?
Why does it have to be a homosexual cake.
As you observe, there is a whole industry being created by the "look at me, I'm so special" brigade.
I worked alongside several homosexual men and women in the Police. None did the shrieking, squealing, mincing, hand flapping,  dressing up as pantomime dames . . .
They were just friends and colleagues who got on with the job.

Not sure what you're on about.  It was a couple trying to order a cake for their same-sex wedding.  I must have missed the part where they said they wanted a gay cake.

And if people want to be camp - not that it's related to the article at all - I don't see anything wrong with that.

I`m sure PM`s colleagues weren`t as camp as this :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkHYApbbdL0

Woofer

Posts : 3390
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2012-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discrimination in Colorado and Washington - people who refuse to make wedding cakes for - or take wedding pictures of - homosexuals getting 'married' to face fines

Post by aquila on 28.01.14 16:28

@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:
@aquila wrote:
Oh my, have you gone back to Africa? Have a good look at Africa. Have a look at the equality shite you are spouting. South Africa, the bread basket and mostly civilised country of Africa is stuffed. There's a black government there that is open to the highest bidder. The black population are being screwed. There is tribalism that kills people for being homosexual.

You will NEVER hear anyone saying N**ger in Africa. You WILL hear black Americans saying it everyday. If you take a black American to Africa they'll find it a hostile place.

What on earth are you talking about?

So I'm 'spouting shite' now - thank you very much for that.

Yes, the world as a whole certainly isn't perfect.  That doesn't make it right.  Some parts of the world are advancing though, and that is very much a good thing.  Any move forward is good, and discrimination laws form a part of that.
When you speak of equality and tolerance and laws, and saying N**ger take a look at this. Take care to read that it might be a tribal thing. Then take care to see if the police/media do anything about this woman.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/killer-cuts-off-woman-s-hands-1.1636731

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discrimination in Colorado and Washington - people who refuse to make wedding cakes for - or take wedding pictures of - homosexuals getting 'married' to face fines

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 28.01.14 16:31

@aquila wrote:
When you speak of equality and tolerance and laws, and saying N**ger take a look at this. Take care to read that it might be a tribal thing. Then take care to see if the police/media do anything about this woman.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/killer-cuts-off-woman-s-hands-1.1636731

I'm not sure what you want me to say about this.  Are you under the impression that I think that the whole world is a Utopia?

ETA - I'll now try and stick to my previous assertion that I'd give my opinion and call it a day in this thread. Good day!

whatliesbehindthesofa

Posts : 1320
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discrimination in Colorado and Washington - people who refuse to make wedding cakes for - or take wedding pictures of - homosexuals getting 'married' to face fines

Post by aiyoyo on 28.01.14 16:33

@aquila wrote:
@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:Social stigma against homosexual, HIV, or whatever is something no amount of education can change.
Court order is not going to change the baker's view.
He will end up more resentful against homosexual.
Who knows what extra ingredient will go into homosexual cake if he's forced to obey the Court Order.


So you think that it should be fine for shops to put up a 'NO BLACKS', 'NO GAYS', or 'NO JEWS' sign in the front window?

I cannot agree with the idea that people should not be forced to treat all people fairly otherwise they may do something nasty to those people.
If everyone in the world treated people fairly we'd live in eutopia.

I've been an immigrant and discriminated because I'm a white northern European. I've been discriminated against because I'm white.

It nettled me. Get over it.

If you are homosexual then you are not the norm. The majority of people aren't homosexual otherwise we'd have no human race.

In another million, billion, trillion, zillion, or bazillion years from now, unless the human being is extinct, prejudice will continue to exist for as long as human's nature is conditioned by diversity of cultures, religions, and customs. The human world will never be free of prejudice although the degree of it may be and can be regulated by law through evolution of time. That is my take on it.

Homogeneousity and diversity cannot co-exist without conflict.
For as long as duality exists - good and bad, right and wrong, pain and pleasure, have and have not etc - there can never exist unconditional love for fellow beings.

There's no such thing as eutopia per se - what is eutopia for one may be nightmare for another.
That's the sad fact of life! Without the diversities, varieties, and aliveness of all sorts, life would be dull.
We are but products of our time. This aspect wont ever change even in a gazillion years.

For the sake of argument, why aren't animals prejudiced? Why didn't animals create religions?

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discrimination in Colorado and Washington - people who refuse to make wedding cakes for - or take wedding pictures of - homosexuals getting 'married' to face fines

Post by aquila on 28.01.14 16:34

@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:
@aquila wrote:
When you speak of equality and tolerance and laws, and saying N**ger take a look at this. Take care to read that it might be a tribal thing. Then take care to see if the police/media do anything about this woman.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/killer-cuts-off-woman-s-hands-1.1636731

I'm not sure what you want me to say about this.  Are you under the impression that I think that the whole world is a Utopia?
I can't enter into discussion with you. It seems you only wish to butt like a goat.

I'm disappointed.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discrimination in Colorado and Washington - people who refuse to make wedding cakes for - or take wedding pictures of - homosexuals getting 'married' to face fines

Post by aiyoyo on 28.01.14 16:57

@PeterMac wrote:Which University in the UK was it recently which allowed women to be placed at the back of the hall for a Muslim visiting speaker ?
Which of the present day religions does not permit its women to receive education, and shoots in the head any young girl who tries to obtain one ?
Which religion "forces" its womenfolk to cover their heads and faces
Which religionS do not permit women to enter the place of worship and to take a full part in Religious observance activities.
And so on.
These things are very deep in any culture.

That's the sad truth that even within one religion there's no equality.
Which religion condone promiscuous men and rape, but women would be flogged for pre-marital sex.
Centuries old culture that won't change despite evolution of time.
I know of UK-born Pakistani who wont return to Pakistan even for visit because of the social stigma against women there.


aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum