The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeleine's parents accuse UK Authorities Mm11

Madeleine's parents accuse UK Authorities Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeleine's parents accuse UK Authorities Mm11

Madeleine's parents accuse UK Authorities Regist10

Madeleine's parents accuse UK Authorities

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Madeleine's parents accuse UK Authorities Empty Madeleine's parents accuse UK Authorities

Post by justagrannynow 1 28.04.10 7:31

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Madeleine-McCanns-Father-Gerry-Accuses-British-Authorities-Of-Giving-Up-On-Finding-Her/Article/201004415621105?lpos=UK_News_Top_Stories_Header_2&lid=ARTICLE_15621105_Madeleine_McCanns_Father_Gerry_Accuses_British_Authorities_Of_Giving_Up_On_Finding_Her

McCanns: UK Officials 'Given Up On Madeleine'

5:55am UK, Wednesday April 28, 2010

Ian Collier, Sky News Online
Madeleine McCann's father has accused the British authorities of "essentially giving up" on finding her.

Madeleine McCann as she looked when she disappeared

Madeleine went missing on May 3, 2007

During a television interview days before the third anniversary of her disappearance, Gerry McCann urged the Government to carry out a "comprehensive review" of the case.

He said: "It's not right that an innocent, vulnerable British citizen is essentially given up on.

"And I don't think it's right that as parents, that we have to drive the search.

"Of course we will, but not everyone has had the same resources and support that we have had to be able to do that. And I think it's pretty cruel."

Mr McCann said it was "incredibly frustrating" that police in Portugal and the UK were not doing more to find the missing youngster.

At the time of her disappearance, the couple were criticised for leaving their three children alone in a holiday apartment as they went for dinner nearby.

Kate and Gerry McCann

Gerry McCann has slammed UK authorities

Mr McCann said: "If we could turn back the clock and change what happened, obviously we wouldn't have done it.

"We can't. And what I would say is, you know, people have got to put themselves into our position. What would you do if it was your daughter? After this, what would you do?"

The parents still believe Madeleine, who went missing when she was three, is alive and are releasing a pack for people to take abroad and put up posters featuring her picture.

Kate McCann said: "Certainly in my heart I feel she is out there.

"I mean I know there is nothing to say that she isn't, so we have to carry on working and thinking like that.

"I mean logically I can't say, I mean none of us can say for definite other than the people involved. But I know we can't give up because there is no evidence to say that she is not."

Madeleine went missing from her family's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz in the Algarve on May 3, 2007.

The pre-recorded GMTV interview will be broadcast later.
justagrannynow 1
justagrannynow 1

Activity : 1110

Back to top Go down

Madeleine's parents accuse UK Authorities Empty Re: Madeleine's parents accuse UK Authorities

Post by justagrannynow 1 28.04.10 8:17

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1269363/McCanns-beg-police-start-search-Madeleine.html

McCanns beg police to start again in the search for Madeleine

By Andy Dolan
Last updated at 12:01 AM on 28th April 2010

The parents of Madeleine McCann have accused British police of 'giving up' on their missing daughter.

Kate and Gerry McCann spoke out just days before the third anniversary of Maddie's disappearance, urging investigators to go back to the start and review the case.

The McCanns, both 41, fear their own £2million search - funded by public donations received since Maddie vanished from their Algarve holiday apartment - has stalled.
Disappointed: Gerry and Kate McCann believe police should be doing more to find their daughter

They claim this is due to the failure of both Portuguese and UK police to investigate leads unearthed by their private investigators.

In a pre-recorded GMTV interview due to be broadcast today, Mr McCann said: 'It's not right that an innocent, vulnerable British citizen is essentially given up on. And I don't think it's right that, as parents, that we have to drive the search.'

He added: 'We need to have a proper review of all the information --that's how we will move the investigation forward.'

Mrs McCann, a GP who gave up work to concentrate on the search for Madeleine, said: 'We do this in medicine. You know, if there is a case that you don't seem to be getting the diagnosis, somebody will come in and review it. They'll go back to square one... and that's where you find out what else needs to be done and it will help point you in the right direction.'

Leicestershire Police has carried out its own inquiries as has the taxpayer-funded Child Exploitation and On-Line Protection Centre. But neither is actively seeking the little girl.

The three-year saga has already cost UK taxpayers nearly £500,000.

The couple, from Rothley, Leicestershire, told GMTV's Lorraine Kelly it was 'incredibly frustrating' that police in Portugal and the UK are not doing more to find Maddie, who was three when she disappeared from the holiday complex at Praia da Luz on the evening of May 3, 2007.

The McCanns were criticised for leaving the girl and their twins Sean and Amelie, then two, alone in the apartment while they dined with friends at a tapas restaurant 40 yards away.

In the latest interview, Mr McCann, a consultant cardiologist, said that if they could go back, they would not leave Maddie alone.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1269363/McCanns-beg-police-start-search-Madeleine.html#ixzz0mNQpUbJu
justagrannynow 1
justagrannynow 1

Activity : 1110

Back to top Go down

Madeleine's parents accuse UK Authorities Empty Re: Madeleine's parents accuse UK Authorities

Post by littlepixie 28.04.10 9:23

A bit critical at the end there calling it a "saga".
littlepixie
littlepixie

Activity : 1392

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top