The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Scotland Yard detectives investigating Madeleine McCann case move a step closer to making arrests with official bid to interview three suspects

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Scotland Yard detectives investigating Madeleine McCann case move a step closer to making arrests with official bid to interview three suspects

Post by Guest on 24.01.14 12:23

@bobby18 wrote:
As I have stated in previous posts, I do believe the burglars exist but never as suspects. IMO the key pointers in this are (as a
I understand at the time of writing).

- as said by regular posters, burglars do not abduct children
- if it was a bungled burglary LEADING to abduction, they would have been so unprepared, the whole scene would be a farce (albeit not a very funny one) with no feasible possibility that forensic evidence would not be left to some degree. And time frames available would not support an abduction in these circumstances.

I would not rule out attempted burglary then finding Madeleine and scarperring, follows by a flurry of phone calls - still very plausible to me.

- Biggest to me is that, from SY website, emphasis within media and Crime watch, IMO they firmly believe Smithman to be the man carrying young Madeleine. That man was running - burglars have transport readily available, and burglars tend to favour dark clothing when not to be seen - Smithman was wearing beige trousers.

Again IMO, SY cannot believe Smithman to be a burglar.

I still cannot see (and hope) other than that this is a means to an end.

If burglars had attempted to rob the McCanns' flat, I would have expected there to be some sign of this. Not necessarily forensic signs – the McCanns had left the place unlocked and easy to get into and had then allowed other people to walk over the crime scene – but items disturbed as the thieves looked for cash, cameras and jewellery etc.
It defies logic that these people simply stepped into the flat and immediately spotted a child of nearly four whom they rashly decided to carry off (having committed no crime more serious than trespassing as they didn't even break in).

I suspect these burglars are not believed to have entered the McCanns' flat because I don't understand how that scenario would play out.

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard detectives investigating Madeleine McCann case move a step closer to making arrests with official bid to interview three suspects

Post by gbwales on 24.01.14 12:25

@bobby18 wrote:
I would not rule out attempted burglary then finding Madeleine and scarperring, follows by a flurry of phone calls - still very plausible to me.

I can't really see anything involving something botched / scarpering ending up with a perfectly clean scene with no forensics and no evidence of entry/exit whatsoever. To me that is simply implausible.

Mr Universe to Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

gbwales

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 24.01.14 12:33

When Madeleine first went missing there was a lot of money on offer - £2.6m reward I believe. Apart from that, I don't believe anyone (outside of the McCanns and tapas) - could keep something of this magnitude a secret for nearly 7 years.

However, having said that, Scotland Yard are now offering a £20,000 reward for information - very tempting I would think to petty thieves living in the Algarve. Tempting too for middle class professionals who may find themselves facing enormous legal fees in the very near future.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 24.01.14 12:39

@Cristobell wrote:When Madeleine first went missing there was a lot of money on offer - £2.6m reward I believe.  Apart from that, I don't believe anyone (outside of the McCanns and tapas) - could keep something of this magnitude a secret for nearly 7 years.  

However, having said that, Scotland Yard are now offering a £20,000 reward for information - very tempting I would think to petty thieves living in the Algarve.  Tempting too for middle class professionals who may find themselves facing enormous legal fees in the very near future.

But does reward money ever go to those complicit in a crime? It could start an unthinkable new industry with other moral bankrupts profiting from their crimes.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby18 on 24.01.14 13:12

@Cristobell wrote:When Madeleine first went missing there was a lot of money on offer - £2.6m reward I believe.  Apart from that, I don't believe anyone (outside of the McCanns and tapas) - could keep something of this magnitude a secret for nearly 7 years.  

However, having said that, Scotland Yard are now offering a £20,000 reward for information - very tempting I would think to petty thieves living in the Algarve.  Tempting too for middle class professionals who may find themselves facing enormous legal fees in the very near future.
I can definitely see that point re: reward, however, I don't know if any reward would be payable if info is received as a result of your own crimes - I'm guessing admittedly.

I absolutely accept the point raised re: forensics being available in botched burglary resulting in taking Madeleine - that only further dents the credibility of the burglar 'abductor' theory. If she was discovered immediately after they entered (with gloves) through unlocked entry, then fleeing I think forensic evidence would be much more limited but, again, valid points raised. That being said, I believe they do exist and have seen something.

Whilst stating in previous posts I believe in this theory, the main point I was raising is that IMO SY fully believe that Smithman is the perpetrator, so taking into account simple things like lack of transport and clothing worn would deem it illogical to be a burglar. Therefore, their interest would only be as witnesses and not suspects IMO.

bobby18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 24.01.14 13:32

@Mirage wrote:

But does reward money ever go to those complicit in a crime? It could start an unthinkable new industry with other moral bankrupts profiting from their crimes.

I honestly don't know Mirage, I can't recall any case where rewards have been paid out. They must have some function however, as they are used frequently. Didn't Karen Matthews believe she would have access to a reward of £50k?

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 24.01.14 14:10

@Cristobell wrote:
@Mirage wrote:

I honestly don't know Mirage, I can't recall any case where rewards have been paid out.  They must have some function however, as they are used frequently. Didn't Karen Matthews believe she would have access to a reward of £50k?  

The rule of thumb is that no one profits from their crimes, as far as I understand it, Cristobell. I remember there was some legal argument and possible ruling about convicted prisoners not being able to write a book about their crimes. But didn't Geoffrey Archer: Jonathan Aitkins?? I'm not certain. If parties are found to be guilty of perverting the course of justice, then I think this would have to exclude them. But then, the whole world is thrown upside down as far as I can see, so it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the outlandish happened and they were rewarded.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 24.01.14 14:27

@bobby18 wrote:

I can definitely see that point re: reward, however, I don't know if any reward would be payable if info is received as a result of your own crimes - I'm guessing admittedly.

I absolutely accept the point raised re: forensics being available in botched burglary resulting in taking Madeleine - that only further dents the credibility of the burglar 'abductor' theory. If she was discovered immediately after they entered (with gloves) through unlocked entry, then fleeing I think forensic evidence would be much more limited but, again, valid points raised. That being said, I believe they do exist and have seen something.

Whilst stating in previous posts I believe in this theory, the main point I was raising is that IMO SY fully believe that Smithman is the perpetrator, so taking into account simple things like lack of transport and clothing worn would deem it illogical to be a burglar. Therefore, their interest would only be as witnesses and not suspects IMO.

Have Scotland Yard or the PJ ever mentioned burglars? I wonder if the burglar stories are another pink concoction. The McCanns have got to keep the public believing in the abduction. As we know they used to do this by flooding the media with stories of sightings all over the world, now we are getting teams of cleaners, disgruntled ex-employees and burglars. All this nonsense keeps the abduction myth alive and may bring visitors to their website and paypal button.

I'm happy to be proved wrong, but I just don't see SY forewarning these burglars via the MSM. There are no burglars as we know. Whoever is arrested in this case will have to face a public trial and the known facts will have to fit in with the prosecution case. The Defendants will of course do everything in their power to defend themselves, including no doubt the argument that they couldn't have taken away a live child, as the findings in 5A clearly indicate that the child is dead. What a quagmire.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE on 24.01.14 14:41

@Cristobell wrote:
@bobby18 wrote:

Have Scotland Yard or the PJ ever mentioned burglars?  I wonder if the burglar stories are another pink concoction.  The McCanns have got to keep the public believing in the abduction.  As we know they used to do this by flooding the media with stories of sightings all over the world, now we are getting teams of cleaners, disgruntled ex-employees and burglars.  All this nonsense keeps the abduction myth alive and may bring visitors to their website and paypal button.  

I'm happy to be proved wrong, but I just don't see SY forewarning these burglars via the MSM.  There are no burglars as we know. Whoever is arrested in this case will have to face a public trial and the known facts will have to fit in with the prosecution case.  The Defendants will of course do everything in their power to defend themselves, including no doubt the argument that they couldn't have taken away a live child, as the findings in 5A clearly indicate that the child is dead.  What a quagmire.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ptjornal 24/1-2014
http://www.ptjornal.com/2014012420623/geral/sociedade/maddie-mccann-carta-da-policia-britanica-apela-ao-interrogatorio-de-tres-suspeitos.html

The British authorities have three suspects in the abduction of Madeleine McCann in May 2007, questioning that claim. As these suspects are in Portugal, the Crown Prosecution Services (British authority equivalent to our prosecutors) and the Metropolitan Police sent a new letter rogatory, whose receipt has been confirmed by the Attorney General's Office (PGR).
The request for assistance shall be "submitted to the court," added the PGR, which will be the case NSTE Court of Portimão, which hosts the process. If the Portuguese Justice accepted the request, the British police can come to Portugal to accompany the arrests and interrogations, but the leadership of the steps will always compete with the Judiciary Police.
The investigation into the disappearance of Maddie McCann was reopened in October 2013, and is running in the judicial district of Lagos, under the responsibility of the prosecutor of the Republic José de Magalhães e Menezes. At the same time, the British authorities also reopened the process, developing the thesis that the daughter of the McCanns have been kidnapped.
According to British media, the British police want to question the three men suspected of, at the same time the disappearance of Maddie, have committed several robberies in the Ocean Club resort area in Praia da Luz, where the McCanns were installed. 
However, no official authority has confirmed this hypothesis.

NickE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 24.01.14 15:45

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 24.01.14 16:13

Well, I'm waiting for the 7th anniversary.

If that passes without any serious action, in terms of arrests, then I will find it nigh on impossible to have any faith in SY whatsoever.
I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, but that won't last indefinitely.

The clock has been ticking for a very long time already.

Lance De Boils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi on 24.01.14 16:33

Recently I've veered daily between whitewash and having faith in SY, but I at the moment I'm leaning more towards a whitewash. I take the point about why now, and what would there be to gain from it since it had already been whitewashed pretty well. However, I just can't see why TM continue to ensure they are publicised in the media, that we are continually aware of their presence. They have got to be monumentally arrogant to the point of extreme stupidity, or they know they are home and dry. If Sy and the PJ are closing in on them and they jnow there is solid evidence against them somewhere, surely they'd prefer thus was dealt with quietly and with minimum publicity. If they are even slightly aware a prison sentence awaits, why continue to push stories about burglars and other nonsense, keeping themselves in the public consciousness, so we will all still be interested in them when they are finally arrestes. Surely Clarence would have advised them to keep schtum if there was even a chance of them . being arrested?

nglfi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 24.01.14 16:42

....why continue to push stories about burglars and other nonsense, keeping themselves in the public consciousness,
------------------------------------------------------

Because that's what narcissists do?

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24.01.14 16:55

and limited companies who need funds to continue...Plus since day one regardless of negative press reporting they have continued to be vocal.
Is it once again a smear campaign on a police force, I don't know but given the amount of support for them online and forums etc,they have very few vocal supporters and the "haters" number are rapidly growing which to me makes a whitewash less acceptable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 24.01.14 17:40

Bellisa wrote:and limited companies who need funds to continue...Plus since day one regardless of negative press reporting they have continued to be vocal.
Is it once again a smear campaign on a police force, I don't know but given the amount of support for them online and forums etc,they have very few vocal supporters and the "haters" number are rapidly growing which to me makes a whitewash less acceptable.
I hate to say it, Bellisa, but they don't give a damn because the supine press will be ready to sing from the correct hymn sheet. We are all but living in a totalitarian state in many respects.

In centuries gone by, beacon fires proclaimed important news across the landscape. There are many little markers across our portal map each day and through the night. I think of them as beacons flashing the truth of this case across vast continents.. The last couple of nights there were watchers keeping vigil with us from coast to coast in America: California, Kansas, Virginia, New York. One up near Montreal. Ireland, France, Spain, Netherlands, Sweden, Oslo. Germany, Italy Portugal, Egypt, Ukraine, Hong Kong, China, Auckland, Melbourne, Sydney, Brazil.

I see them as little lights: people who know the tragedy of a child lies at the centre of a massive disgrace here in the UK. And those little beacons are all aware, all seeing and all knowing. Truth does not conveniently die, no matter how much some may wish it.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy on 24.01.14 18:22

@Mirage wrote:
Bellisa wrote:and limited companies who need funds to continue...Plus since day one regardless of negative press reporting they have continued to be vocal.
I hate to say it, Bellisa, but they don't give a damn because the supine press will be ready to sing from the correct hymn sheet. We are all but living in a totalitarian state in many respects.

In centuries gone by, beacon fires proclaimed important news across the landscape. There are many little markers across our portal map each day and through the night. I think of them as beacons flashing the truth of this case across vast continents.. The last couple of nights there were watchers keeping vigil with us from coast to coast in America: California, Kansas, Virginia, New York. One up near Montreal. Ireland, France, Spain, Netherlands, Sweden, Oslo. Germany, Italy Portugal, Egypt, Ukraine, Hong Kong, China, Auckland, Melbourne, Sydney, Brazil.

I see them as little lights: people who know the tragedy of a child lies at the centre of a massive disgrace here in the UK. And those little beacons are all aware, all seeing and all knowing. Truth does not conveniently die, no matter how much some may wish it.
Well said.

And if we do witness a whitewash then I'm sure Tony and some of us will be whizzing off some FOI requests and upping our game of raising awareness. This is a three year old girl we're talking about here and I don't see how any of us can let it rest.

ufercoffy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 24.01.14 18:36

@nglfi wrote:Recently I've veered daily between whitewash and having faith in SY, but I at the moment I'm leaning more towards a whitewash. I take the point about why now, and what would there be to gain from it since it had already been whitewashed pretty well. However,  I just can't see why TM continue to ensure they are publicised in the media, that we are continually aware of their presence.  They have got to be monumentally arrogant to the point of extreme stupidity,  or they know they are home and dry. If Sy and the PJ are closing in on them and they jnow there is solid evidence against them somewhere,  surely they'd prefer thus was dealt with quietly and with minimum publicity. If they are even slightly aware a prison sentence awaits, why continue to push stories about burglars and other nonsense,  keeping themselves in the public consciousness,  so we will all still be interested in them when they are finally arrestes. Surely Clarence would have advised them to keep schtum if there was even a chance of them . being arrested?

Their behaviour has been bizarre from the get go nglfi, and the truth is they could have withdrawn from public life at any time during this past 7 years.  Even when they were arguidos they were giving interviews and asking for an audience with the PM to put their side of the story.  Arrogance or stupidity?  Both and a good dollop of insanity too.  They are arrogant enough to believe that no-one has the right to question.  As doctors, these too have got the God Complex in abundance.  Remember Kate's belligerent 'f*cking to**er' chant whilst being questioned and and the condescending way in which she said he [the detective] did not deserve her respect.  Kate has elevated herself a few notches above her humble beginnings and she considers non professionals very much beneath her.  The PJ did not stand a chance against this ferocious Hyacinth Bucket and her fat headed husband.  These two have taken narcissism to new heights, the Madonna pose, Gerry outside the Whitehouse, spokesmen protecting them from the paparazzi.  What kind of automatons are they, that each day in the aftermath of a tragedy that would destroy most hums, they walked the gauntlet of photographers and journalists with their baby twins in double buggy on their way to creche/church/beauty spot or anywhere suitable for a photo opportunity.  All of this was show.  The McCanns had enough friends, relatives, priests and bridesmaids to take the children along the creche each day quietly and unobtrusively, there was no need for the circus.  

I truly think they are insane nglfi, and I worry about the twins.  The McCanns will not give up the limelight willingly.  They are probably working on a wider agenda as we speak.  Their disinformation campaign is in full flow with these stories of burglars etc, etc.  They are not coming from the police, we are seeing a re-run of the breakdown of relations between the McCanns and the PJ.   Everything was hunky dory up until the focus changed from Tannerman to Smithman - now there are visible signs of a rift, I believe the online shop being closed was also part of it.  

I don't think they will fade into the background to deal with their grief/problems - they never have before.  They like to share their outrage with their 'fans', they want as many people tutting and sharing their outrage as possible.  I am sure Kate once said there would be riots if they were arrested.  They have stirred up a lunatic fringe who work hard on keeping up the momentum, fading from public sight is the last thing they want.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24.01.14 18:41

Good post Mirage, wish I could write like you.

Yes its extremely distressing to see the control the media has over most,my dad who I would class as intelligent and doesn't usually trust what he reads in the papers,but with the saturation of this case he has always believed the parents,every time I talk to him I try to tell him another truth!
Watching the pj files and the number of hits day and night show me that at least more people are becoming informed,its up to them what they do with that info but its good to see people asking questions finally.
Uferrcoffy yes that is true and something we all on this forum should support if the end is near and it doesn't bring justice for Madeleine.

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on 24.01.14 18:56

I'm very much surprised that Kate did not write anything about the little boy that was abducted and found back in Madeira. What an enormous chance for the McCanns to point Portugal as being  dangerous for children and that abducted ones can be found alive and well.

My question is: are the McCanns in Algarve right now?

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 24.01.14 19:17

@nglfi wrote:Recently I've veered daily between whitewash and having faith in SY, but I at the moment I'm leaning more towards a whitewash. I take the point about why now, and what would there be to gain from it since it had already been whitewashed pretty well. However,  I just can't see why TM continue to ensure they are publicised in the media, that we are continually aware of their presence.  They have got to be monumentally arrogant to the point of extreme stupidity,  or they know they are home and dry. If Sy and the PJ are closing in on them and they jnow there is solid evidence against them somewhere,  surely they'd prefer thus was dealt with quietly and with minimum publicity. If they are even slightly aware a prison sentence awaits, why continue to push stories about burglars and other nonsense,  keeping themselves in the public consciousness,  so we will all still be interested in them when they are finally arrestes. Surely Clarence would have advised them to keep schtum if there was even a chance of them . being arrested?

Someone explained a while ago that the call for an investigation can all be traced back to the McCanns panic over the libel trial... Ultimately their main concern seems to be to keep the Amaral book out of UK bookshops - to ensure there is a never a big media launch with Amaral appearing on UK national TV and destroying their reputations. 

I think from this point of view they needed a whitewash "investigation" based in the UK in order to represent in Portugese courts that this was very much a live abduction investigation.

Okeydokey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 24.01.14 19:18

@Cristobell wrote:
@bobby18 wrote:

Have Scotland Yard or the PJ ever mentioned burglars?  I wonder if the burglar stories are another pink concoction.  The McCanns have got to keep the public believing in the abduction.  As we know they used to do this by flooding the media with stories of sightings all over the world, now we are getting teams of cleaners, disgruntled ex-employees and burglars.  All this nonsense keeps the abduction myth alive and may bring visitors to their website and paypal button.  

I'm happy to be proved wrong, but I just don't see SY forewarning these burglars via the MSM.  There are no burglars as we know. Whoever is arrested in this case will have to face a public trial and the known facts will have to fit in with the prosecution case.  The Defendants will of course do everything in their power to defend themselves, including no doubt the argument that they couldn't have taken away a live child, as the findings in 5A clearly indicate that the child is dead.  What a quagmire.

Yes, I'd like to see some detail on the burglary allegations. A date has been mentioned: 16th April. Is there anything in the PJ Files on this?

Okeydokey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi on 24.01.14 19:46

Good points Cristobell, their behaviour must cross the border into mental instability if not insanity, there's no other way to explain it. I echo your concern for the twins. Goncalo Amaral should certainly cite in the libel trial, just how many times the McCanns themselves have damaged the search for Maddie, and damaged the wellbeing of the twins, by continuously publishing spurious material about the investigation. They are continuing to keep the whole family in the public eye, not just themselves, and inviting speculation about the case. They also create false hope by leaking false material about 'imminent arrests', tractorman and so on. How is this any better than Amaral publishing a book about their involvement?
I think the problem for them is they're reasonably intelligent, but not super intelligent. If they were, they would have got away with this. Would it really have been so hard to get together and say 'ok guys, was the door locked or unlocked? Did Jane see someone whilst simultaneously seeing Gerry or not? How many times did checks take place?' These sorts of conversations shouldn't take too long. Admittedly some of the t7 might have forgotten detail in interview, but even k and g can't stay consistent. I think they are truly convinced of their own superiority, without stopping to actually assess the situation they are in. They are also surrounded by yes men it seems.

nglfi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 24.01.14 20:36

Here's a scenario - all fiction, of course.
Team McCann tries everything possible to infiltrate SY and find out what exactly is going on.
However SY has made sure only trusted detectives are on the case, and all are sworn to strict secrecy and are wise to all attempts.
They have detected, however, that TM has tried to "turn" someone close to the case, in order to obtain inside information. And so they have privately and in strictest confidence "leaked" information that the letter sent to Portugal has to do with 3 burglars they wish to interview and possibly arrest.
TM's spokesman rubs his hands with glee and "leaks" the information to the press, believing it to be true.
SY laughs quietly into their teacups.

All fiction, of course, as I mentioned above.

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 24.01.14 20:42

@marconi wrote:I'm very much surprised that Kate did not write anything about the little boy that was abducted and found back in Madeira. What an enormous chance for the McCanns to point Portugal as being  dangerous for children and that abducted ones can be found alive and well.

My question is: are the McCanns in Algarve right now?
I shouldn't think so,they are imo to busy here,planting more story's for the papers to print

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 25.01.14 0:10

@canada12 wrote:Here's a scenario - all fiction, of course.
Team McCann tries everything possible to infiltrate SY and find out what exactly is going on.
However SY has made sure only trusted detectives are on the case, and all are sworn to strict secrecy and are wise to all attempts.
They have detected, however, that TM has tried to "turn" someone close to the case, in order to obtain inside information. And so they have privately and in strictest confidence "leaked" information that the letter sent to Portugal has to do with 3 burglars they wish to interview and possibly arrest.
TM's spokesman rubs his hands with glee and "leaks" the information to the press, believing it to be true.
SY laughs quietly into their teacups.

All fiction, of course, as I mentioned above.

Meanwhile the cunning Scotland Yard's rogatory letter requires the PJ to arrest and interview the McCanns...who are in the UK...

Er - fiction indeed.

Okeydokey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum