The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Scotland Yard detectives investigating Madeleine McCann case move a step closer to making arrests with official bid to interview three suspects

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Scotland Yard detectives investigating Madeleine McCann case move a step closer to making arrests with official bid to interview three suspects

Post by loopzdaloop on 29.01.14 1:31

@gbwales wrote:The amount of high visibility coverage makes an absolute mockery of any kind of swoop!

Does it?

What it tells us is that the 'suspects' have no where to go.
One might argue that they are too high profile.

loopzdaloop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard detectives investigating Madeleine McCann case move a step closer to making arrests with official bid to interview three suspects

Post by haroldd2 on 29.01.14 13:33

Why would the Portuguese authorities allow the British police to question individuals in Portugal whom the British police suspect of committing a crime in Portugal

Rather than SY being about to change its public tune about the McCanns, perhaps things will happen a little more slowly and good news in the libel trial will come first - with this story being a pre-emptive distraction.

(Edit: I originally asked whether this story was being reported in Portugal, thinking it probably wasn't, but in fact it is: a few links.)

-- 
haroldd2 - formerly haroldd

haroldd2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 29.01.14 13:45

I am wondering about this.  There are two Portugese teams working on this case.  One in Faro - we are tod helping the SY team, their men on the ground.  The second team in Oporto, they are running what has been called the parallel investigation to SY's.

How then does ths visit fit into the overall scheme of things then ?  Would it have been more or less significant if Redwood and his team went to Oporto ?

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 29.01.14 14:00

@loopzdaloop wrote:
@gbwales wrote:The amount of high visibility coverage makes an absolute mockery of any kind of swoop!

Does it?

What it tells us is that the 'suspects' have no where to go.
One might argue that they are too high profile.

We can only imagine the pressure said suspects must be under at the moment. The very public appearance of 4 SY detectives in Portugal suggests the police are tying up loose ends with their counterparts and putting the pressure on. I think you are spot on loopzdaloop, there will be some people in this case who will literally have nowhere to hide.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.01.14 14:04

@PeterMac wrote:
@Portia wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:Faro is the PJ office which has been receiving everything we have been sending to them.
So that makes perfect sense in the way Portimão or Lisbon would not have done.
Which WE is that?
We the Forum or We the UK/AR/SY or We ??

We, as in several people who not only post here from time to time, (or not recently as in two cases), but also read elsewhere, and then collate, collect, dissect, analyse,
research, and gradually put together a coherent view about any particular aspect of the case.

Whether they read it, or understand it, is of course another question.

Tnx PM; hoped so

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on 29.01.14 14:05

Cristobel, Kate can hide herself behind her golden ring.  Big enough.

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DurhamGuy1967 on 29.01.14 16:30

Is it possible that the burglars are potential witnesses rather than potential suspects? Either would account for their presence in the area, the increase in their phone traffic and the fact they did not go to the police.

DurhamGuy1967

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE on 29.01.14 20:59

@DurhamGuy1967 wrote:Is it possible that the burglars are potential witnesses rather than potential suspects? Either would account for their presence in the area, the increase in their phone traffic and the fact they did not go to the police.
I have also thought of that scenario .

NickE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby18 on 02.02.14 9:31

@NickE wrote:
@DurhamGuy1967 wrote:Is it possible that the burglars are potential witnesses rather than potential suspects? Either would account for their presence in the area, the increase in their phone traffic and the fact they did not go to the police.
Completely logically and IMO most logical scenario.

bobby18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan on 02.02.14 10:49

@bobby18 wrote:
@NickE wrote:

Logical yes, but I think that if they had any information then they would have spoken of it at the time, or certainly at some time before now. The ONLY reason not to talk would be if they had actually been in the McCann's apartment and seen something awful. A fear of being implicated would perhaps have sent them scurrying away and trying to keep their heads down.

So as witnesses, it's probably all or nothing. Either they saw something that will crack the case wide open, or they are just the latest red herrings in the saga - people who happened to be in the area, and so are therefore seen by SY as 'persons of interest' who must be eliminated from the enquiry.

Bishop Brennan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 02.02.14 10:55

View the stories circulating through pink haze clearing goggles and you have:

Burglar(s). = potential witness(s).  Hanging around PDL for other reasons, might have seen other happenings

Former employee(s) = seasonal workers let go for winter months or workers who high tailed it away from PDL for other reasons

Search of property = site to dig

Search of bank account(s) = the limited company with a very big bank account

Far fetched ?  Perhaps it is, but more plausible, IMO, than burglary abduction blah blah stories.  

So key issues under consideration by both police forces, bundled together to make one story, that co-incidentally fits the McCanns agenda and the story they have circulated since minute one.

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.02.14 12:26

The opinions of most people in this country are influenced by what they read in the newspapers, which is what the McCanns and their PR have done for years even down to showing MM age 3, with no promonace given to the age progression photos, same ploy the have used for years.

I don’t have any confidence in the Scotland Yard ‘investigation’,,.AR and his team imo are using this investigation to paint the McCanns whiter than white.

At the present time they seem blind to all the work carried out by the PJ, even changing relevent time lines,  so who's verstion of events are they working from,

The Mcanns?

The McCanns PI's?

How can AR / SY contradict anything Team McCann have said?

This in my opinion is a cover up of a cover up of what happened to Madeleine Beth McCann, she deserves the truth for her to be able to rest in peace.

Back to top Go down

Post by SixMillionQuid on 02.02.14 12:31

@sami wrote:View the stories circulating through pink haze clearing goggles and you have:

Burglar(s). = potential witness(s).  Hanging around PDL for other reasons, might have seen other happenings

Former employee(s) = seasonal workers let go for winter months or workers who high tailed it away from PDL for other reasons

Search of property = site to dig

Search of bank account(s) = the limited company with a very big bank account

Far fetched ?  Perhaps it is, but more plausible, IMO, than burglary abduction blah blah stories.  

So key issues under consideration by both police forces, bundled together to make one story, that co-incidentally fits the McCanns agenda and the story they have circulated since minute one.
These are the things SY should have investigated before stating the McCanns and their friends were innocent.

SixMillionQuid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 02.02.14 12:35

Cherry Blossom wrote:The opinions of most people in this country are influenced by what they read in the newspapers, which is what the McCanns and their PR have done for years even down to showing MM age 3, with no promonace given to the age progression photos, same ploy the have used for years.

I don’t have any confidence in the Scotland Yard ‘investigation’,,.AR and his team imo are using this investigation to paint the McCanns whiter than white.

At the present time they seem blind to all the work carried out by the PJ, even changing relevent time lines,  so who's verstion of events are they working from,

The Mcanns?

The McCanns PI's?

This in my opinion is a cover up of a cover up of what happened to Madeleine Beth McCann, she deserves the truth for her to be able to rest in peace.

I cannot argue with anything you have said.  The only thing I would say as regards a white wash is, if we are watching a whitewash being played out, then Redwood must have asked the Tapas lot to write the script.  There was/is surely a less costly and time consuming way to deal with it ?  Outside of the fact the longer it continues the more ridiculous SY look.  I just don't get it.

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 02.02.14 13:00

@sami wrote:
Cherry Blossom wrote:The opinions of most people in this country are influenced by what they read in the newspapers, which is what the McCanns and their PR have done for years even down to showing MM age 3, with no promonace given to the age progression photos, same ploy the have used for years.

The Mcanns?

The McCanns PI's?

I cannot argue with anything you have said.  The only thing I would say as regards a white wash is, if we are watching a whitewash being played out, then Redwood must have asked the Tapas lot to write the script.  There was/is surely a less costly and time consuming way to deal with it ?  Outside of the fact the longer it continues the more ridiculous SY look.  I just don't get it.

The horse bolted before the Home Office caught up with the magnitude of it all.  The fact that these doctors' committed their heinous crimes abroad is the reason this coverup is so crass and expensive. The HO couldn't and still can't apply their usual methods of covering up a crime, so the first thing they did was try and intimidate the PJ into submission. They failed miserably, and it's been an uphill battle that's become a complete farce ever since.

The timing of DCI Redwood on breakfast TV and on Crimewatch, was done to coincide with Goncalo Amaral's trial. I don't think they anticipated so many delays. I fully expect DCI Redwood to pop up again around the date of the libel trial conclusion.

imo

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SixMillionQuid on 02.02.14 13:03

@sami wrote:

The Mcanns?

The McCanns PI's?

Or maybe they're gambling on the fact that nobody outside internet forums cares about this case anymore. Despite all the headlines over the years nobody talks about this case on the bus, train or at work. Life goes on. All the McCann's needed was a semi-official police person to say publically that they were innocent and they got it. I think this all hangs on the outcome of the PJ investigation.

"It is my belief that Scotland Yard was set out on a mission, not one to find out what happened to Madeleine McCann but to rewrite the history of the case in such a way that the majority of the public simply forgets the past." - The Pat Brown Criminal Profiling Agency

SixMillionQuid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 02.02.14 13:08

@SixMillionQuid wrote:< snip >
These are the things SY should have investigated before stating the McCanns and their friends were innocent.
Would you please point me in the direction of any article/press statement/tv or radio broadcast etc wherein SY have stated the McCanns and their friends are innocent?

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on 02.02.14 13:17

I believe a police can not say that a person is innocent or not. A Judge does.The police can say that a person is involved or not in a case.
Of course Redwood is not telling anything.

Cherry, my theory, this could not be a whitewash. Who are the McCanns? Not the Emperor, are they?
They are victims of a Rebekah's trap, who wanted to sell papers and to get back the money they payed the fund.

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrry On Doctor on 02.02.14 13:27

I don't believe this is a whitewash (which could have been done and dusted years ago), but I can understand this case grinding many into submission.

Portugal will not be party to a whitewash. National pride is at stake, and the re-opening of their own investigation has clearly been triggered by something new and significant (perhaps due to the involvement of SY). The fab 4 had a strut about them at the harbour, and it suggested to me that they had just dotted the i's and crossed the t's on the formalities, the celebratory pizza washed down with lashings of super-boc being another public gesture. Showtime soon. IMHO of course.

On aside, does anyone know whatever came of the search by the German clairvoyant Michael Schneider ?

Carrry On Doctor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby18 on 02.02.14 13:32

@Bishop Brennan wrote:
@bobby18 wrote:
@NickE wrote:

Logical yes, but I think that if they had any information then they would have spoken of it at the time, or certainly at some time before now.  The ONLY reason not to talk would be if they had actually been in the McCann's apartment and seen something awful.  A fear of being implicated would perhaps have sent them scurrying away and trying to keep their heads down.  

So as witnesses, it's probably all or nothing.  Either they saw something that will crack the case wide open, or they are just the latest red herrings in the saga - people who happened to be in the area, and so are therefore seen by SY as 'persons of interest' who must be eliminated from the enquiry.

To be fair BB, I have stated my belief that they have seen Madeline's deceased body immediately on entering apartment, scarperred (not with body) with a flurry of fraught calls to follow.

No theft or anything with no forensics left of any substance - least of their worries in those circumstances.

Not suspecting foul play and in fear of incriminating themselves, I believe they have kept schtum until this point. I believe PJ know who they are, are monitoring them and more and more pressure is being applied for voluntary contribution rather than an arrest strategy with stigma to go with it.

Terribly coincidental for real perpetrator, I accept, but cannot see it being outwith realms of plausibility.

bobby18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterion on 02.02.14 13:42

Burglars stumbling across a body and being initially accused of murder is a common theme in crime thrillers.

mysterion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 02.02.14 14:00

@bobby18 wrote:To be fair BB, I have stated my belief that they have seen Madeline's deceased body immediately on entering apartment, scarperred (not with body) with a flurry of fraught calls to follow.

No theft or anything with no forensics left of any substance - least of their worries in those circumstances.

Not suspecting foul play and in fear of incriminating themselves, I believe they have kept schtum until this point. I believe PJ know who they are, are monitoring them and more and more pressure is being applied for voluntary contribution rather than an arrest strategy with stigma to go with it.

Terribly coincidental for real perpetrator, I accept, but cannot see it being outwith realms of plausibility.

Even if the inmates from Brixton were on a bus trip for the weekend to PDL, I cannot believe anybody other than those known to the Tapas group was in that apartment.  No way, no how, never.

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby18 on 02.02.14 14:08

@sami wrote:
@bobby18 wrote:To be fair BB, I have stated my belief that they have seen Madeline's deceased body immediately on entering apartment, scarperred (not with body) with a flurry of fraught calls to follow.

Even if the inmates from Brixton were on a bus trip for the weekend to PDL, I cannot believe anybody other than those known to the Tapas group was in that apartment.  No way, no how, never.
You are not buying it - I get it. Nice response - made me laugh, credit where its due!

bobby18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on 02.02.14 14:50

If the McCanns are not arrested and tried, they will continue to annoy the British government, demanding a new review. I believe that Portugal and England will do everything to punish them, not only for justice for Madeleine but also to get rid of them.  They went too far in their demands.

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on 02.02.14 15:53

there is a really interesting video on youtube, I saw for the first time. Sky news after the Crimewatch.

call "Sky Madeleine investigation 20.30 15th October"

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum