The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Scotland Yard detectives investigating Madeleine McCann case move a step closer to making arrests with official bid to interview three suspects

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Scotland Yard detectives investigating Madeleine McCann case move a step closer to making arrests with official bid to interview three suspects

Post by marconi on 25.01.14 0:21

we don't know if the PJ will ask for their extradition and who said that they are in the UK?  By the way somebody of the TM posted a new post card on Findmadeleine, a proof that they are reading this forum.

I think that if the investigation has come that far, the only police force that is allowed to interrogate is the PJ themselves.

marconi

Posts : 1082
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard detectives investigating Madeleine McCann case move a step closer to making arrests with official bid to interview three suspects

Post by nglfi on 25.01.14 0:23

I think sadly it's far too much to hope for that the three people SY want to talk to are KM, GM and David Payne. But all the same it is very interesting that he was completely removed from the crimewatch programme. Why? And why has Jane Tanner been unfairly exonerated from her made up sighting?

nglfi

Posts : 337
Reputation : 52
Join date : 2014-01-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard detectives investigating Madeleine McCann case move a step closer to making arrests with official bid to interview three suspects

Post by ultimaThule on 25.01.14 0:31

It would appear you haven't heard of the saying 'the truth can be stranger than fiction', Okeydokey.  

You have also overlooked the fact that only the writer(s) and the reciipient(s) know the content of this second rogatory letter which has been sent by the CPS to their counterparts in Portugal and for all we know, it may have nothing whatsoever to do with burglars or mobile phones in Luz,  London, or elsewhere.

ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard detectives investigating Madeleine McCann case move a step closer to making arrests with official bid to interview three suspects

Post by marconi on 25.01.14 1:59

It seems that the abductor in Madeira was aldready a suspect and the baby's father had no idea that the PJ had identified him. 
 
This could mean that we don't know anything about the second rogatory letter. We can only guess.

marconi

Posts : 1082
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard detectives investigating Madeleine McCann case move a step closer to making arrests with official bid to interview three suspects

Post by Okeydokey on 25.01.14 2:15

@ultimaThule wrote:It would appear you haven't heard of the saying 'the truth can be stranger than fiction', Okeydokey.  

You have also overlooked the fact that only the writer(s) and the reciipient(s) know the content of this second rogatory letter which has been sent by the CPS to their counterparts in Portugal and for all we know, it may have nothing whatsoever to do with burglars or mobile phones in Luz,  London, or elsewhere.

You seem unfamiliar with the ways of the Police in the UK.

As I have already indicated we'll soon know who is right or wrong on this.

Okeydokey

Posts : 919
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2013-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard detectives investigating Madeleine McCann case move a step closer to making arrests with official bid to interview three suspects

Post by Guest on 25.01.14 2:28

@Okeydokey wrote:
@ultimaThule wrote:It would appear you haven't heard of the saying 'the truth can be stranger than fiction', Okeydokey.  

You have also overlooked the fact that only the writer(s) and the reciipient(s) know the content of this second rogatory letter which has been sent by the CPS to their counterparts in Portugal and for all we know, it may have nothing whatsoever to do with burglars or mobile phones in Luz,  London, or elsewhere.

You seem unfamiliar with the ways of the Police in the UK.

As I have already indicated we'll soon know who is right or wrong on this.
You seem to be still selling three burglars and a whitewash. Market's down a bit ey?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard detectives investigating Madeleine McCann case move a step closer to making arrests with official bid to interview three suspects

Post by marconi on 25.01.14 4:49

@nglfi wrote:I think sadly it's far too much to hope for that the three people SY want to talk to are KM, GM and David Payne. But all the same it is very interesting that he was completely removed from the crimewatch programme.  Why? And why has Jane Tanner been unfairly exonerated from her made up sighting?

I think that Crimewatch was only concentrated on eliminating the Tanner man and on identifying the Smith's.
It is possible that there is an agreement between Tanner and the Met police.

marconi

Posts : 1082
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard detectives investigating Madeleine McCann case move a step closer to making arrests with official bid to interview three suspects

Post by tiny on 25.01.14 8:54

@nglfi wrote:I think sadly it's far too much to hope for that the three people SY want to talk to are KM, GM and David Payne. But all the same it is very interesting that he was completely removed from the crimewatch programme.  Why? And why has Jane Tanner been unfairly exonerated from her made up sighting?

For a whitewash you have to exonerate the mccanns and the tapas,we know that redwood said the mccanns are not suspects and we know tanner has been let of, one of the things I would like to know though is what did the tapas lot think about eddie and keela findings.

tiny

Posts : 2274
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard detectives investigating Madeleine McCann case move a step closer to making arrests with official bid to interview three suspects

Post by sami on 25.01.14 9:29

Z
@tiny wrote:
@nglfi wrote:I think sadly it's far too much to hope for that the three people SY want to talk to are KM, GM and David Payne. But all the same it is very interesting that he was completely removed from the crimewatch programme.  Why? And why has Jane Tanner been unfairly exonerated from her made up sighting?

For a whitewash you have to exonerate the mccanns and the tapas,we know that redwood said the mccanns are not suspects and we know tanner has been let of, one of the things I would like to know though is what did the tapas lot think about eddie and keela findings.
 

Then the logical step has to be to identify the efit man carrying the child and declare him innocent also.  What are the odds of there being two men, both carrying children that night, who for seven years were not aware/did not come forward to identify themselves and rule themselves out ? 

Are the public ready for not one but two Andy Redwood revelation moments of this magnitude ?

Even if they want to pin this on a dead bogus charity collector, SY have put themselves in the position of having to explain who the efit man with child is.  Will that man be paraded with the same clothes, indeed with a three year old child and be explained away with a because I said so attitude ?

That's a difficult task, I think.

sami

Posts : 962
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2012-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard detectives investigating Madeleine McCann case move a step closer to making arrests with official bid to interview three suspects

Post by russiandoll on 25.01.14 9:48

Not sure if Okeyd has answered a question from me, posted the other day to him /her, about what he /shebelieves could be so massive about this case that it needs such a huge conspiracy and cover-up.

 Okeyd, there is a bit of attitude in your post of " we'll soon see who is right and who is wrong about this". No need for that, you have made your position very clear. I am trying to find your reasoning, on fact have just remembered I can find your stats and read your posts there, will do so.

 Instead of repeatedly arguing whitewash, corrupt cops, which is all I read in your recent posts I wish you would elaborate more on WHAT is being covered up according to you, and why and how certain events have unfolded, you are clearly intelligent and articulate so could you briefly lay out your argument so we can discuss it properly, please?

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard detectives investigating Madeleine McCann case move a step closer to making arrests with official bid to interview three suspects

Post by nglfi on 25.01.14 11:38

I don't think AR has to explain the efit man to the general public at all. Remember crimewatch is just an aid to solving apparently unsolved crimes, and the public are invited to share any information they have. It's not an invitation to the public to get involved in all aspects of the investigation. I would say people on this forum are far more interested in individual details than most. Whether or not the efit turns out to mean anything won't matter to most people.

nglfi

Posts : 337
Reputation : 52
Join date : 2014-01-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard detectives investigating Madeleine McCann case move a step closer to making arrests with official bid to interview three suspects

Post by jeanmonroe on 25.01.14 11:50

As TB has said 'small teams' of Met detectives have 'been on the ground' many times in Portugal since 'investigation' started.

Now, with my 'never trust the Met after all the recently exposed cover up's' head on : Have any of the 'small teams' identified a LOCAL Barry George and two of his 'mates'?

We all know what AR's recently retired Operation Grange ex-boss and team member, Hamish Campbell 'did' to him.

It wouldn't be the first time in this case that a suitable 'patsy' was 'identified' would it?

RE: KM "I'm sure that he is involved and I feel like killing him, but I can't' and McCann doctor 'friends', FP RO and R O'B, and journos 'identifying' a possible LOCAL 'suspect' namely, Mr Murat.

Kate tried everything to accuse Murat, 29 July 2008  
Kate's notebooks - McCann's and friends against the Anglo-Portuguese

Kate McCann tried everything to blame Robert Murat for the disappearance of her daughter, and with that objective in mind and the help of friends, committed herself to finding evidence to convince the Polícia Judiciária about the involvement of the British-Portuguese

Madeleine McCann's mother engaged in collecting indicia that would lead to the accusation of the Anglo-Portuguese [man] over the little girl's disappearance

Kate McCann bet everything into blaming Robert Murat over the disappearance of her daughter, and it was with that purpose in mind and with the help of friends that she engaged in collecting evidence and in convincing the Polícia Judiciária of the Anglo-Portuguese [man's] involvement.

On the day that Murat is made an arguido, already after friends of the McCanns referred his presence in the surroundings of the apartment on the evening of the disappearance of Madeleine to the authorities, Kate registered in her notes that she had become "very hopeful, excited about this".

Three weeks later, Kate, who met frequently with the PJ during the investigation, writes that "Robert Murat continues to be the main suspect". "For good reason", she adds, lamenting that there is not "strong evidence".

When three of the friends are called to the PJ to repeat their statements following contradictions about the presence of Murat at the Ocean Club, on the 11th of July, Kate tries to excuse her friends with the fact that they were questioned in the presence of the Anglo-Portuguese [man]: "What happened was that they were questioned in the room, sitting beside Murat and his lawyer. He apparently said that they were lying, which made them quite angry. They started thinking that he was certainly involved. What was he hiding???"
In her notes dated July 18, almost two months after Maddie's disappearance and at a time when there are starting to appear indicia against the McCanns, Kate sounds disheartened and reinforces the accusations against Murat: "I had lots of hope that there would be progress in Murat's situation. I'm sure that he is involved and I feel like killing him, but I can't". Nine days later, Madeleine's mother receives a message from a woman that tells her that Murat tried to photograph the granddaughter of a friend, also three years old and blond, and Kate sends "the whole" information to the PJ. "I'm certain that he is guilty and I just want to scream", she writes on the 27th of July.

KM "I'm am certain that he is guilty"!

But that didn't work

So the next best thing (for the 'elite' Met?): Find the/a local village 'idiot' and two of his 'friends'?

As the new saying at the Met goes "A stitch-up in time saves 38 red faces"

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5129
Reputation : 883
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard detectives investigating Madeleine McCann case move a step closer to making arrests with official bid to interview three suspects

Post by nglfi on 25.01.14 11:55

I was also just reading about why operation Grange was set up in the first place, I hadn't realised Rebekah Brooks apparently put pressure on Cameron and Theresa May to get an investigative review. Question 1) what is an investigative review?
Question 2) How much pressure will AR feel to lead this review in the right direction, given its origin? Will he be constantly aware of the fact that the only reason he's working on this is because Cameron did it as a favour? But then, what is the 'right' result? At the point of getting the investigation re opened, Brooks was presumably on TM's side, fighting their corner as it were. However, I have a feeling she was really just interested in whatever sells stories. If it turns out the McCanns did it, so be it, it keeps papers moving. All very interesting and now I am confusing myself so I should probably come back to this later!

nglfi

Posts : 337
Reputation : 52
Join date : 2014-01-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard detectives investigating Madeleine McCann case move a step closer to making arrests with official bid to interview three suspects

Post by Bishop Brennan on 25.01.14 12:08

@nglfi wrote:I was also just reading about why operation Grange was set up in the first place, I hadn't realised Rebekah Brooks apparently put pressure on Cameron and Theresa May to get an investigative review. Question 1) what is an investigative review?
Question 2) How much pressure will AR feel to lead this review in the right direction,  given its origin? Will he be constantly aware of the fact that the only reason he's working on this is because Cameron did it as a favour? But then, what is the 'right' result? At the point of getting the investigation re opened, Brooks was presumably on TM's side, fighting their corner as it were. However,  I have a feeling she was really just interested in whatever sells stories. If it turns out the McCanns did it, so be it, it keeps papers moving. All very interesting and now I am confusing myself so I should probably come back to this later!

For the media it's a win-win situation. They already have loads of 'new stories' that have helped boost sales. And who knows what is to follow.

For the politicians, it's a risky one. They look weak having caved into Brooks; they look undemocratic by instructing the (independent) MET to open the case; and they have stepped well over the line by preventing any investigation of the T9.

For SY, it's an annoyance to be told what and how to investigate.

For the McCanns, well their bluff has been well and truly called. Either they are delighted, or terrified.

For forum members, it's fascinating and it's taking up far too much of our time!

Bishop Brennan

Posts : 695
Reputation : 217
Join date : 2013-10-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard detectives investigating Madeleine McCann case move a step closer to making arrests with official bid to interview three suspects

Post by SixMillionQuid on 25.01.14 12:10

@nglfi wrote:I was also just reading about why operation Grange was set up in the first place, I hadn't realised Rebekah Brooks apparently put pressure on Cameron and Theresa May to get an investigative review. Question 1) what is an investigative review?
Question 2) How much pressure will AR feel to lead this review in the right direction,  given its origin? Will he be constantly aware of the fact that the only reason he's working on this is because Cameron did it as a favour? But then, what is the 'right' result? At the point of getting the investigation re opened, Brooks was presumably on TM's side, fighting their corner as it were. However,  I have a feeling she was really just interested in whatever sells stories. If it turns out the McCanns did it, so be it, it keeps papers moving. All very interesting and now I am confusing myself so I should probably come back to this later!
The review was intended to counter act the libel trial in Portugal. No sooner had the trial begun Operation Grange began pulling rabbits out of their hat although it clear they had sitting on evidence when the review began. They've become so desperate that they've resorted to wanting to question alleged burglars. We were led to believe, by the media, that this was a joint investigation with the PJ, but it turns there is no joint investigation.

____________________
"It is my belief that Scotland Yard was set out on a mission, not one to find out what happened to Madeleine McCann but to rewrite the history of the case in such a way that the majority of the public simply forgets the past." - The Pat Brown Criminal Profiling Agency

SixMillionQuid

Posts : 436
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2013-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard detectives investigating Madeleine McCann case move a step closer to making arrests with official bid to interview three suspects

Post by worriedmum on 25.01.14 12:16

sami wrote ''Then the logical step has to be to identify the efit man carrying the child and declare him innocent also.  What are the odds of there being two men, both carrying children that night, who for seven years were not aware/did not come forward to identify themselves and rule themselves out ? 

Are the public ready for not one but two Andy Redwood revelation moments of this magnitude ?

Even if they want to pin this on a dead bogus charity collector, SY have put themselves in the position of having to explain who the efit man with child is.  Will that man be paraded with the same clothes, indeed with a three year old child and be explained away with a because I said so attitude ?

That's a difficult task, I think.''


Good points ,sami. Also, why didn't Redwood man see the other would -be abductor(Tannerman)? OR did Redwood-man see some-one else? In fact three some-one elses?




worriedmum

Posts : 1628
Reputation : 248
Join date : 2012-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard detectives investigating Madeleine McCann case move a step closer to making arrests with official bid to interview three suspects

Post by tigger on 25.01.14 13:02

@worriedmum wrote:sami wrote ''Then the logical step has to be to identify the efit man carrying the child and declare him innocent also.  What are the odds of there being two men, both carrying children that night, who for seven years were not aware/did not come forward to identify themselves and rule themselves out ? 

Are the public ready for not one but two Andy Redwood revelation moments of this magnitude ?

Even if they want to pin this on a dead bogus charity collector, SY have put themselves in the position of having to explain who the efit man with child is.  Will that man be paraded with the same clothes, indeed with a three year old child and be explained away with a because I said so attitude ?

That's a difficult task, I think.''


Good points ,sami. Also, why didn't Redwood man see the other would -be abductor(Tannerman)? OR did Redwood-man see some-one else? In fact three some-one elses?





I'm deeply impressed by a family who keep their toddler's jimjams for seven years! That was over- egging the pudding imo.
Instead of those pyjamas being the clincher with the pinkness and flowers as seen by JT, for me it's proof positive it's a total fabrication.

Now I'm only waiting for those thousands of psychic leads to be investigated. Iirc didn't Clarrie mention them on the first Panorama doc after SY took over? April 2012 - when the sight of an investigating police officer on the couch with Kelly was the moment I lost hope.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard detectives investigating Madeleine McCann case move a step closer to making arrests with official bid to interview three suspects

Post by aiyoyo on 25.01.14 13:14

@tigger wrote:

I'm deeply impressed by a family who keep their toddler's jimjams for seven years!  That was over- egging the pudding imo.
Instead of those pyjamas  being the clincher with the pinkness and flowers as seen by JT, for me it's proof positive it's a total fabrication.


One is left wondering why SY complicate it by giving these details, when stating simply that man was eliminated (without elaborating anything) should suffice for the purpose.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard detectives investigating Madeleine McCann case move a step closer to making arrests with official bid to interview three suspects

Post by worriedmum on 25.01.14 13:55

Tigger wrote

''Now I'm only waiting for those thousands of psychic leads to be investigated. Iirc didn't Clarrie mention them on the first Panorama doc after SY took over?''


BUT I was under the impression that psychics were used in cases where a death has occurred? How could Clarrie take them seriously if the McCanns believe Madeleine is alive?

worriedmum

Posts : 1628
Reputation : 248
Join date : 2012-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard detectives investigating Madeleine McCann case move a step closer to making arrests with official bid to interview three suspects

Post by plebgate on 25.01.14 15:55

IMO if SY suspected these 3 burglars had abducted Maddie  they would have been arrested and questionned by now.

It makes more sense to me that if SY are interested in these three then it would be as possible witnesses, i.e. did they see anything on the night.

As many have said, if three burglars stole Maddie they would hardly hang around ringing each other on their mobile phones.

Burglars are known for making quick getaways, not running around the streets with a child in their arms advertising a supposed abduction.

plebgate

Posts : 5441
Reputation : 1156
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard detectives investigating Madeleine McCann case move a step closer to making arrests with official bid to interview three suspects

Post by mysterion on 25.01.14 16:11

No police force would hesitate in apprehending anyone suspected of kidnapping or worse because they represent a clear danger to the public. As this hasn`t happened then they can only be burglars or witnesses or both.

mysterion

Posts : 358
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-11-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard detectives investigating Madeleine McCann case move a step closer to making arrests with official bid to interview three suspects

Post by bobby18 on 25.01.14 16:19

@plebgate wrote:IMO if SY suspected these 3 burglars had abducted Maddie  they would have been arrested and questionned by now.

It makes more sense to me that if SY are interested in these three then it would be as possible witnesses, i.e. did they see anything on the night.

As many have said, if three burglars stole Maddie they would hardly hang around ringing each other on their mobile phones.

Burglars are known for making quick getaways, not running around the streets with a child in their arms advertising a supposed abduction.
Again on the theory that these 'burglars' seen something.

Is there any report which indicates the timeframe when the alleged flurry of calls took place?

For example, if they took place BEFORE it became news knowledge in the town that Madeleine was missing, I do not think the alleged sight of a man carrying a child in a rush would prompt this alleged frenzied level of activity, as it could easily been seen as a dad taking his unwell or sleeping child to the nearest GP. Therefore, they would have had to have seen something FAR more incriminating.

If the calls were after the news broke, that would place greater significance into the above sighting prompting frenzied discussions.

bobby18

Posts : 69
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard detectives investigating Madeleine McCann case move a step closer to making arrests with official bid to interview three suspects

Post by jeanmonroe on 25.01.14 16:19

@plebgate wrote:IMO if SY suspected these 3 burglars had abducted Maddie  they would have been arrested and questionned by now.

It makes more sense to me that if SY are interested in these three then it would be as possible witnesses, i.e. did they see anything on the night.

As many have said, if three burglars stole Maddie they would hardly hang around ringing each other on their mobile phones.

Burglars are known for making quick getaways, not running around the streets with a child in their arms advertising a supposed abduction.

But, imo, SOMEBODY had to be 'seen' by McCann 'friend' JT or there is absolutely nothing, no evidence at all, to 'prove' Madeleine was ever 'abducted'.

If Tanner dosen't 'see' the man carrying a child, who morphs to Madeleine, complete with frilly pyjamas, (same as Madeleine's) being carried off by a stranger, on BOTH R O'B's 'timelines' near the apartment the investigation goes straight back to the 'last' person/people to have admitted to seeing a 'live' Madeleine.

And no, there are no prizes for knowing who they are!

In order:
Gerry McCann 9:04/9:11/15 pm 3/5/07
Kate McCann 8:30 pm                3/5/07
Fiona Payne 7:00pm (1900hrs)(statement) 3/5/07
David Payne  5:00pm (1700hrs) (statement) (even though he was at the beach at this time! Good eyesight eh?) 3/5/07
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/Gaspar.htm

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5129
Reputation : 883
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard detectives investigating Madeleine McCann case move a step closer to making arrests with official bid to interview three suspects

Post by Guest on 25.01.14 17:03

David Payne was at the apartment at 6.30 pm that day, when he saw all three children, who looked like angels.
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id251.html

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum