The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Things TM have said nonchalantly - for what purpose?

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Things TM have said nonchalantly - for what purpose?

Post by Monty Heck on 22.01.14 20:32

@worriedmum wrote:
@worriedmum wrote:That Madeleine was carried back to the apartment because she was tired.
I have been ruminating on this... and a tired child will go to sleep very easily and early? As you say they did?
What tired child indeed goes to sleep very easily and early?  Or for that matter plays so quietly and angelically with younger siblings that mum thinks it's a jolly good idea to pop off for a quick shower leaving no adult in attendance?  Tired yound children tend to be extremely fractious and when mum leaves the room, hysterics tend to ensue as their source of comfort appears to have abandoned them.

Monty Heck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Heck on 22.01.14 20:41

@mysterion wrote:Both Kate and Gerry had links to NZ and it is where they fell in love. So there are romantic connections for them and perhaps a certain snob value i.e. not the local plonk.
In my experience in Iberia, then isn`t a big choice like you have in Tesco.
Perhaps rather than snob value, they had limited knowledge of wine?  There are plenty of good (and cheap) Portuguese whites but perhaps choosing one could have been beyond them so perhaps they stuck with what they knew.  However it does seem overkill to mention the country of origin when "between ... and ...pm we drank a glass of wine" would have been elegantly sufficient.

Monty Heck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopespringseternal on 22.01.14 20:57

If Kate had been bitten by a dog whilst running, and blood was drawn (sufficient to cause blood spots on her trainers), then surely she would have been alert to any threat of rabies? Did she go to the hospital or were the group sufficiently prepared for such an eventuality? I know that some occupations used to be given anti-rabies shots but that was due to the possibility of encountering rabid animals in the course of their work....unloading ships, searching cargo etc but I don't see Drs in cardiology or many GPs fitting that criteria

Hopespringseternal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Copodenieve on 23.01.14 11:14

dantezebu wrote:
@tedless wrote:Just to add another one, Ive always thought the New Zealand wine an interesting detail to add. Why would you not just say white wine? I have pictured a scenario where the wine was poured down the sink and KM looked at the label to be able to recall later what wine they were drinking.

Thank you tedless, Something has been bugging me about the NZ wine.
It's just that I find it strange that they would be drinking this and stressing it.
Why not Portuguese wine. Or Spanish wine. I don't know how big the supermarket is but they must have a very wide selection of wines.
Most people when abroad go for the local wine. Its usually very good and very cheap.

I don´t know about Portugal but in Spain there are huge selections of wines in all supermarkets, and as Spain make excellent red wines of their own the shelves are chock-a-block with good red affordable Spanish wines. However, they generally hold a huge selection of NZ and Chile white too which are renowned world wide for being very good white wines and are generally preferred even by the locals rather than inferior Spanish whites. Therefore I don´t think it strange that she chose NZ white or think it was difficult to obtain. I also think that Kate was a snob and in this particular case probably naming the type of white wine she had chosen was her way of boasting that she had good taste in white wines.

Copodenieve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by juliet on 23.01.14 13:16

Thinking about it....what mother would suddenly take a shower in the middle of putting three small children to bed? They surely would need attention in that holiday flat with its hard floors, lack of toys etc. As said above they wouldbe running around - not sitting quietly reading as the Mccanns suggested. (But of course these children were exceptionably biddable and even obediently fell asleep within minutes of getting into bed). And didn't she also have a bath a bit later?? Is this linked to Payne?

juliet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.01.14 14:18

Yes, she did have a shower and then a short while later a bath too.  This was mentioned on another thread. Here it is, below:

Re: MADELEINE BY KATE MCCANN — II (The David Payne visit)
  Invinoveritas on Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:01 am

It seems strange to me that Kate says that she was in the shower until 18.40 and then about an hour later she took a bath and drank a glass of wine with Gerry after they had got the children settled down at 19.30. Do any of the ladies/girls/women or even men have a plausible explanation because I haven´t.

Yes, unusually close timing of shower and bath.

You wouldn't be bothered getting the shower at all if you knew at that point that you would be getting a bath an hour or so later. Why bother getting dried and dressed twice over? Could she have not known when she took the shower that she would need the bath aswell?

nah The whole 'bath' thing doesn't sit right with me anyway. I was always struck at how much the entire company, witnesses etc talked about 'bathing' and who bathed each other's kids etc, 'bath-times were fun', etc. Creepy imo. For my young family bath-times were just part of the daily cleansing routine. It never occured to me then nor would it now to invite even the rest of my wider family or my friends whether single or with their partners to even spectate/view my kids in the bath or to help or do it on my behalf.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopespringseternal on 23.01.14 20:53

@juliet wrote:Thinking about it....what mother would suddenly take a shower in the middle of putting three small children to bed? They surely would need attention in that holiday flat with its hard floors, lack of toys etc. As said above they wouldbe running around - not sitting quietly reading as the Mccanns suggested. (But of course these children were exceptionably biddable and even obediently fell asleep within minutes of getting into bed). And didn't she also have a bath a bit later?? Is this linked to Payne?

I know that when the sprogs were small I didn't even get the opportunity to go to the toilet in peace, never mind take a shower (swift or otherwise). My showers had to be taken when they were safely tucked up in bed, safety gates secured and the baby-monitor in the bathroom with me or when my husband was free to do the sproglet wrangling. A shower AND a bath in one evening.....a thing of dreams!

Hopespringseternal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 23.01.14 20:55

I can think of one circumstance where you might have a shower first, followed by a bath afterwards....

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.01.14 21:05

@canada12 wrote:I can think of one circumstance where you might have a shower first, followed by a bath afterwards....
 shhhh

Back to top Go down

Post by loopzdaloop on 24.01.14 0:17

@canada12 wrote:I can think of one circumstance where you might have a shower first, followed by a bath afterwards....

What's that? huh 

loopzdaloop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 24.01.14 1:38

shhhh  (s*x)

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24.01.14 1:44

agree canada12.

Back to top Go down

Post by loopzdaloop on 24.01.14 1:44

@canada12 wrote:shhhh  (s*x)

Ahhh... I was leaning towards removal of scents that are liked by special dogs.

loopzdaloop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24.01.14 1:46

agree canada12 but that would be too obvious to most, so is there another reason for stating this?
Maybe after a clean up?

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 24.01.14 1:54

Bellisa wrote:agree canada12 but that would be too obvious to most, so is there another reason for stating this?
Maybe after a clean up?

That too occurred to me. I think what needs to be looked at is the timing of the shower, what might have gone on after the shower and before the bath, and then the timing of the bath. And who, exactly, might have been in the bath. And for what purpose.

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopespringseternal on 24.01.14 11:48

Jings, a shower, s*x AND a bath all before 8pm!  I presume they Velcro-ed the bairns together then tied them to the bed because otherwise it would have been like herding cats keeping them out the road! When hubby was at home, I might have managed the shower but everything else would have to have been later in the evening after the sprogs were sound asleep.  big grin

Hopespringseternal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24.01.14 12:01

canada12 it would be interesting alright.
A thought just occurred to me, was it Charlotte Pennington who said in her statement that when she arrived after 10 that the twins weren't in the room? But were by the time the local police arrive?
IF we are to believe her t night,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24.01.14 12:04

sorry!
IF we are to believe her version of events then it is entirely possible that all of the above did take place in 5a.
Personally think it was for the purpose of putting the final pieces of a plan together and eliminating any evidence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Upsy Daisy on 25.01.14 17:52

I can only do showers or baths if babba is sitting in her buggy in the bathroom and my 4 year old in bathroom playing ha ha - only peaceful time is if the other half baby sits ! Would never leave them alone, my God, no way. That has to be a lie, or kids were in their travel cots at time.

I was also thinking Kate was preparing herself for
Gerry's arrival Wink

Upsy Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Upsy Daisy on 25.01.14 17:54

But also, remember, dave the rave paid her a visit, for a disputed amount of time...

Upsy Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 25.01.14 18:28

@Upsy Daisy wrote:But also, remember, dave the rave paid her a visit, for a disputed amount of time...

Yes exactly. Thirty seconds to wave and say hi (requiring a towel-clad Kate, fresh from the shower, to wave and say hi back)...

Or thirty minutes to wave and say hi (requiring a towel-clad Kate, fresh from the shower, to wave and say hi back).
Followed by a bath.

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Research_Reader on 25.01.14 22:36

I agree that some of these details - particularly the repetition of mentions of the crying - point to the idea that the death took place on a previous day/evening. However, the thing I can't understand is how could they think that the creche staff wouldn't have noticed her missing? And how come the creche staff didn't notice her missing? 

Am I being stupid on this point? Can anyone enlighten me?

Research_Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 26.01.14 0:09

Taken from Gerry's blog 27th May 2007. This is 24 days since Madeleine's disappearance.

[color:f9a9=000000]"Strange day after all the activity during the week. Kate and I started off with an early morning run to the the top of the nearby cliffs. Sean and Amelie were back in kids club and went swimming again. The rest of us attended mass which was very emotional as a priest from RAF Lossiemouth was visiting and further prayers were said for Madeleine. Father Zee-Manuel has also rigged up a powerpoint display projecting a large photograph of Madeleine on to the wall, which he is very proud of and reminds us of the beautiful little girl we are missing so terribly."

[color:f9a9=000000]http://www.mccannfiles.com/id13.html

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 26.01.14 6:36

Curious turn of phrase and distancing language: ' the little girl' and do they NEED reminding? More distancing - they seem to be big on remembering pictures which then remind them of the physical little girl - so no direct memory and no 'my' little girl.
 sad 

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on 26.01.14 7:22

Research, the PJ   believe that Madeleine was present at the creche on May the 3rd.There could have been other witnesses as well (mother, fathers, etc).
More strange than that was the efficiency of concealing the body, so fast, abroad, and they did not know Algarve.

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum