The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Pat Brown - What's Wrong with the Dead Black Man? Mm11

Pat Brown - What's Wrong with the Dead Black Man? Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Pat Brown - What's Wrong with the Dead Black Man? Mm11

Pat Brown - What's Wrong with the Dead Black Man? Regist10

Pat Brown - What's Wrong with the Dead Black Man?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pat Brown - What's Wrong with the Dead Black Man? Empty Pat Brown - What's Wrong with the Dead Black Man?

Post by Karen Pinto 20.01.14 10:46

http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.nl/2014/01/whats-wrong-with-dead-black-man.html

What's Wrong with the Dead Black Man?

What indeed is wrong with the dead black suspect that Portugal was investigating? I have been ruminating over that question since Scotland Land reportedly stated that they were pursuing a different line of investigation than the Portuguese team. Has this raised the public eyebrow in any way? It struck me as odd.....a different line of investigation...in what way could it be different unless one agency is looking at abduction and the other is not? However, Scotland Yard had pronounced from the beginning that the McCanns were not suspects and it would seem that Portugal was following suit. So how could these two agencies be following two different lines of investigation? Was one pursuing information that Madeleine was kidnapped by a sex ring and the other looking for a family who wanted a child? Where would each have gotten such strong leads that the agencies would have such an exclusive direction and each had totally eliminated any other?

I have worked many cases where detectives in one department had been exploring two or more investigative directions because there were no strong leads; they were making sure to investigate all possibilities until they could rule all but one of those directions out. But this is not what Scotland Yard was suggesting; they were insinuating Portugal was not looking in the correct direction at all. It could be true; I have had that experience myself when I have come in to work a cold case with a police department and I found that the detectives on the case were totally ignoring the evidence and following some gut intuition, trying to fit the evidence to the theory rather than the theory to the evidence. This is what it appears Scotland Yard was saying; we are focusing on proper leads and Portugal is off on a fool's errand.

But, then, we hear about Scotland Yard pursuing three burglars who made phone calls following the disappearance of Madeleine...wait, isn't that the same theory as Portugal? Wasn't their dead black guy a burglar who made phone calls on the evening of May 3, 2007? Isn't that exactly the same line of investigation, just different suspects?

So, now, I have to wonder, what is wrong with the dead black guy? He is the perfect patsy; he is a criminal, he is black (and we all know in a still racist world how that helps make the case), and he is dead; all the things a police department could want in a fall guy....I have seen that exact kind of suspect made us of in other criminal investigations to close a case which was never going to be properly solved.

So, why doesn't Scotland Yard like the dead, black man? I can only come up with only three reasons:

1) Scotland Yard can't have Portugal solve the case after reopening it just a few months ago when they have spent ten million dollars and two years working on the review.

2) Portugal can't solve the case because that is for Scotland Yard to do; after all, the Portuguese police have been proven to be incompetent and they must remain incompetent while the top police agency in the world, Scotland Yard, comes in to save the day.

3) The black guy just doesn't look a bit like Gerry McCann.

It is Number Three that is most important of all. If we think back to Crimewatch, Andy Redwood made a huge deal out of knocking down the Tanner sighting which was, I believe, a surprise to many of us because that was Gerry McCann's alibi. When Redwood did so, it gave hope to some that there was some clever ruse being played out by Scotland Yard to finally nail the McCanns and their Tapas friends. I also wished this would be so, but considering how Scotland Yard had behaved to that point with their investigation, I was not particularly inspired to believe justice would eventually win out; I still fully believed the review was going to be nothing but a whitewash in the end. I did wonder, however, why Scotland Yard ruled out the Tanner sighting with a clearly bogus vacationer walking in the wrong direction and publicized the e-fits of the Tanner sighting when this would throw the suspicion back on Gerry McCann.

Now, I think I know. I know why they did this and why it can't be a dead, black guy....because he does not look like Gerry McCann.

What are the odds that one of the three burglars does look like Gerry McCann? Looks enough like Gerry McCann to finally have an explanation for the Smith sighting? It won't matter that burglars don't kidnap children, it doesn't matter if it can't be proven that the burglars had any part in the disappearance of Maddie McCann; it only matters that one of the burglars looks close enough to the man in the composite drawing to be the guy the Smiths saw. I have to wonder whether a good portion of the time the Yard spent in this review was simply flipping through Portuguese mug shots looking for someone who looks similar enough to Gerry and lives close enough to Praia da Luz to serve their purpose. The Smith sighting is the one loose end that needs to be eliminated and a suspect who looks enough like Gerry and is a believable candidate to have committed the crime of abducting Maddie is what is needed to wrap up this whole charade with a pretty, little bow.

Proof is not necessary; just doubt and the word of a well-respected police agency. It remains to be seen whether we eventually see photos of the burglars and if we do, whether Scotland Yard has accomplished a bait-and-switch trick that will fool enough of the public to put the case to rest once and for all.

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown

January 19, 2014
Karen Pinto
Karen Pinto

Activity : 145

Back to top Go down

Pat Brown - What's Wrong with the Dead Black Man? Empty Re: Pat Brown - What's Wrong with the Dead Black Man?

Post by Mirage 20.01.14 11:59

Thanks for posting this Karen.

I like the "bait-and-switch trick" description - at this stage I can put no other construction on what is going on either. I think we must all remember to repeat the phrase in our posts until it sticks - a bit like SY appear to be making arrant nonsense stick. Tit-for-tat.

What a shameful situation when an American criminal profiler with a wealth of experience should posit this as an explanation for such bizarre and unorthodox behaviour.

There is something radically wrong with the McCann story and something seemingly wrong with the investigation. It is already in the zeitgeist and bubbles  under the surface like magma. It will erupt at some stage and there will be collateral damage.

I
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Pat Brown - What's Wrong with the Dead Black Man? Empty Re: Pat Brown - What's Wrong with the Dead Black Man?

Post by Guest 20.01.14 12:18

Of course, such a plot would go tits-up if the Smiths were to say they are absolutely certain that the guy in the frame isn't the man they saw.
Also, any patsy would have to employ a defence team so bad that they didn't look into the details of the case at all, and failed to find out about Amaral's theory, the dog alerts etc and mention them in court, which could muddy the waters a tad.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 20.01.14 12:32

This pre-supposes though that the letter sent to Portugal is in fact in relation to three burglars.  The only thing we know for certain is that a letter was sent.  The contents stating burglars is not confirmed by anybody other than the pink one.  Unless I have missed another revelation moment, that is.
sami

Activity : 1019

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow 20.01.14 12:33

I don't see how this would work.
The court case would be a circus.
notlongnow

Activity : 541

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 20.01.14 12:37

All fair points. It's why tractorman (being dead) was perfect.  Maybe he's going to miraculously appear as one of the 3. Or maybe the 3 "will never be found". Or maybe the entire story is nonsense...
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Activity : 920

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.01.14 13:05

Mirage wrote:Thanks for posting this Karen.

I like the "bait-and-switch trick" description - at this stage I can put no other construction on what is going on either. I think we must all remember to repeat the phrase in our posts until it sticks - a bit like SY appear to be making arrant nonsense stick. Tit-for-tat.

What a shameful situation when an American criminal profiler with a wealth of experience should posit this as an explanation for such bizarre and unorthodox behaviour.

There is something radically wrong with the McCann story and something seemingly wrong with the investigation. It is already in the zeitgeist and bubbles  under the surface like magma. It will erupt at some stage and there will be collateral damage.

Thanks Mirage!

parapono
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web 20.01.14 14:24

I'm fairly sure Andy Redwood could whip up another 'innocent father' carrying his sleepy child if he really wanted to. By eliminating the Tanner sighting, AR got rid of GM's alibi and then produced e-fits identical to GM that could've stayed 'sat on'. How is this an easier way to whitewash??????
Tangled Web

Activity : 319

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 20.01.14 14:36

Tangled Web wrote:I'm fairly sure Andy Redwood could whip up another 'innocent father' carrying his sleepy child if he really wanted to. By eliminating the Tanner sighting, AR got rid of GM's alibi and then produced e-fits identical to GM that could've stayed 'sat on'. How is this an easier way to whitewash??????

Indeed. If the investigation is a whitewash and a public relations exercise, why choose actions that have negatively affected public opinion of the McCanns? Why create a situation where a whitewashed verdict will be very hard for most people to believe?

Surely it would be easier to create a patsy for Tannerman, and let 'crecheman' be Smithman.

Why the need for Crimewatch? A whitewash could easily have been concluded by now. Perhaps the reason it is taking time is to formulate a water-tight case against those who are genuinely involved in the disappearance.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Activity : 1327

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby18 20.01.14 16:28

whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:
Tangled Web wrote:I'm fairly sure Andy Redwood could whip up another 'innocent father' carrying his sleepy child if he really wanted to. By eliminating the Tanner sighting, AR got rid of GM's alibi and then produced e-fits identical to GM that could've stayed 'sat on'. How is this an easier way to whitewash??????

Indeed.  If the investigation is a whitewash and a public relations exercise, why choose actions that have negatively affected public opinion of the McCanns?  Why create a situation where a whitewashed verdict will be very hard for most people to believe?

Surely it would be easier to create a patsy for Tannerman, and let 'crecheman' be Smithman.

Why the need for Crimewatch?  A whitewash could easily have been concluded by now.  Perhaps the reason it is taking time is to formulate a water-tight case against those who are genuinely involved in the disappearance.
The Crimewatch point made above is pertinent IMO to it not being a whitewash.

In the main (members of this forum excepted), pre-Crimewatch, the continued interest in the case was fleeting to the general public, I would say. The Crimewatch programme reinvigorated the interest to a very significant degree, with the many new members to forums like this being a prime example in this regard (myself included). This interest also inevitably linking to info on the PJ files, dog alerts, 48 questions, Gasper statements etc.

If whitewash is the strategy, reinvigorating interest in the case surely would be the last thing you would do?
bobby18

Activity : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterion 20.01.14 16:40

The events of the past 2 weeks has, IMO, made a whitewash a lot less acceptable to the general public. 

My optimistic view is that the disappearance of Madeleine is only part of the investigation and SY/PJ want all the elements sewn up before making a move.
mysterion

Activity : 403

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 20.01.14 17:15

notlongnow wrote:I don't see how this would work.
The court case would be a circus.

The investigation has been a circus for years now. I think TM and SY have lost all shame long ago and will use any ruse, theory, dead man, black man, burglar, paedo, childless couple, fluffy towels, useless drug tests, gypsies etc etc to divert the attention from the man behind the curtain, or, if you want, what really happened.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by ProfessorPPlum 20.01.14 17:42

I don't know what it IS but I strongly suspect it ISN'T a whitewash. One thing is for sure: the longer the case goes on the less any force will leave to chance. There will not be arrests in this case until it there is evidence to put it beyond reasonable doubt. It's Cluedo with everything you've got riding on it.

Activity : 425

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthWillOut 20.01.14 17:50

I think two things about this case ATM.

1, All police forces and possibly other agencies are working together to solve this case. I just cannot accept they would dare try a cover-up/whitewash.

2, This case goes higher than just the McCanns. Just has to be something/someone involved that makes it highly sensitive or something.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Activity : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.01.14 18:05

Popcorn wrote:Of course, such a plot would go tits-up if the Smiths were to say they are absolutely certain that the guy in the frame isn't the man they saw.
Also, any patsy would have to employ a defence team so bad that they didn't look into the details of the case at all, and failed to find out about Amaral's theory, the dog alerts etc and mention them in court, which could muddy the waters a tad.

Patsy needing a defense team? Only IF the whole affair landed up in a court of law first. Which it won't, if we follow Pats line or reasoning. And why should\t we do that?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthandjustice 20.01.14 18:16

Portia wrote:
Patsy needing a defense team? Only IF the whole affair landed up in a court of law first. Which it won't, if we follow Pats line or reasoning. And why should\t we do that?

Unless the patsy is dead, if he/she has any assets it will end up in a court of law, if not a criminal one, the Mcs are bound to sue in a civil court for emotional damage.
Truthandjustice

Activity : 240

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.01.14 18:40

Portia wrote:
Popcorn wrote:Of course, such a plot would go tits-up if the Smiths were to say they are absolutely certain that the guy in the frame isn't the man they saw.

Perhaps I'm missing something here but how could it NOT end up in court, unless the Gerry-lookalike-burglar-Maddie-snatcher also happened to be dead? In which case his family – like the family of the black tractor driver – are likely to take great exception to his being blamed for Maddie's disappearance without strong evidence.
If we have a living Gerry-lookalike-burglar-Maddie-snatcher, how could this person NOT end up in court? The British public has spent £millions on a Scotland Yard investigation. So has the Portuguese public, for that matter. How does this scenario pan out? Scotland Yard announces: "We believe XXX XXX is the man responsible for snatching Maddie during a burglary but we can't find him so we're just dropping the matter?" I don't think that will satisfy anyone, least of all David Cameron, who has blown a fortune on it in the middle of an austerity crisis.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow 20.01.14 18:42

Yes,if the 3 burglar scenario goes ahead how is it going to work in court?
notlongnow

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 20.01.14 19:25

notlongnow wrote:Yes,if the 3 burglar scenario goes ahead how is it going to work in court?

Doubt if it really worries them.  Plebgate even though it has an officer charged hasn't resulted in the victim getting his job back.  Reports that said it was a political agenda against police cuts I doubt will go anywhere.  

3 burglars I doubt will see court and they will blame the PJ ultimately, like Pat said they have different inquiries.
Pershing36
Pershing36

Activity : 721

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow 20.01.14 19:33

Can't see they would get away with it that easy.
I can't see how a whitewash benefits anyone.
notlongnow

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey 20.01.14 19:57

Re the Tanner sighting, why on earth did Scotland Yard in its "reconstruction"  run with this idea the father was carrying his child as one would a dead child. I can't believe for one moment that the father (assuming the sighting was not a complete fabrication) was carrying his child like that!
Okeydokey

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 20.01.14 20:14

Okeydokey wrote:Re the Tanner sighting, why on earth did Scotland Yard in its "reconstruction"  run with this idea the father was carrying his child as one would a dead child. I can't believe for one moment that the father (assuming the sighting was not a complete fabrication) was carrying his child like that!

A very clever game perhaps ?
AR is more intelligent than the bunch of them put together, multiplied by a LOT.
To my mind it's "Liar's Bluff", and checkmate into the bargain.

Come on Jane, tell us it can't be the abductor because you made 'him' up.

Come on Gerry, you tell us why you didn't see Jane giving you the only alibi you'll ever have.

Why did you write her 'vision' down on Madeleine's little play book and then deny her flip-flopping past you, so close by, that you could have reached out and touched her if you had wanted to.

Denying Jane is another one of those least comprehensible and 'biggest c**kups in history'.

More power to AR !
I think he's been studying his clientele and been in this business for a long time.  high5 
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.01.14 20:20

Enchanting to see some positive POV re police investigation ....  friends 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 20.01.14 20:26

Châtelaine wrote:Enchanting to see some positive POV re police investigation ....  friends 

Châtelaine, you've got me there. What's POV ?  big grin splat 
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.01.14 20:30

Pershing36 wrote:
notlongnow wrote:Yes,if the 3 burglar scenario goes ahead how is it going to work in court?

Doubt if it really worries them.  Plebgate even though it has an officer charged hasn't resulted in the victim getting his job back.  Reports that said it was a political agenda against police cuts I doubt will go anywhere.  

3 burglars I doubt will see court and they will blame the PJ ultimately, like Pat said they have different inquiries.

"Three burglars" might not see court, but how about "three burglars believed by Scotland Yard to be responsible for abducting and disposing of Madeleine McCann"? Of course the person/people responsible for that crime would be expected by the public to be tried if the authorities said they knew who they were (and if they were to put a Gerry lookalike in the frame, they would need to have a specific individual in mind).

As soon as this person is accused of what I imagine is probably the most famous unsolved crime in Portugal, I suspect he'll want to get legal representation, especially if his biggest crime to date has been a few burglaries. Being a high-profile case, I expect he could get a good lawyer to represent him, and that lawyer would, I assume, start making the case for his client, which would probably include the initial findings of the PJ, the dogs, etc etc.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top