The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Daily Mail are running the same story AND ALLOWING COMMENTS !

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Daily Mail are running the same story AND ALLOWING COMMENTS !

Post by PeterMac on 13.01.14 18:02

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2538472/British-police-preparing-make-arrests-Operation-Grange-investigation-disappearance-Madeleine-McCann.html
Before they are whooshed !

These arrests will come to nothing.

So a trio of lags, on the burgulary run when Maddie went missing made an inordinate number of calls after the event. Maybe, just maybe, they were worried that they might be dragged into the sorry scene, a far more realistic scenario than kidnapping her due to a bungled burglary. Just another few thousands wasted on this already very expensive ghost hunt.

And now this has been reported the three people concerned will disappear....

Now maybe if I was a burglar in Portugal and I was reading this all over the news, I might not make myself very easy to find!

i wonder if they will still be there waiting to be arrested if they read the dm

PM, Ronda, 2 hours ago
Three burglars ? There was no forensic evidence in the apartment of even ONE.

If the burglars see/hear/read about this they will be off on their toes. They may not have taken the child but may have seen who did and would not come forward for obvious reasons.

The UK police are doing what the useless ineffectual Portugese police failed to do

I hope those Officers speak Portuguese. If not, it is a bit pointless to waste the salaries of 3 officers, flights, hotel fees, as much will get lost in the translation of the questioning. Why not let the Portuguese Police do their job?

There's no way an Amateur burglar accidentally woke her and then took her AND managed to dispose of her and cover his tracks for 6 years... Clutching at straws again I think sadly

They're clutching at straws now. I don't think she'll ever be found.

Fed up of hearing about them also, what about all of the others kids that are still missing?

Now..Lets see some real progress!!!!!!!

About time this circus was ended once and for all.

What a sham ! So burglars went in , in broad day light, saw the kid, took her and nothing else ?? !! The Met are trying to justify their existence with this waste of money. God bless the child, I hope she is well but this shower will never find her.

I just hope they can bring closure to this tragic case

The "evidence" is icecold and long gone. This is going to be a very very hard case!

I have never heard of burglars taking a child, more like money or valuables....... But the only way would be if she was stolen to order and they took her for a payment of money and she was given to another family, but unlikely i think, just another wild goose chase !

Clearly not going to find her. Why isn't this money being spent on cases where there is actually a chance of finding the kid?

Oh that's right. Go tell 'em the police are coming....

since when did burglars take children? If they did take her then it would be that she was stolen to order and they would be paid for her to go to another family? Just a possibility but not very likely.

How much taxpayer's money has been spent by the police on these overseas jollies so far???.

Send the bill for this investigation to the Portuguese Government. If their police had not been so incompetent then people could have been arrested years ago for a crime that took place on Portuguese soil.

Lets hope and pray the burglers saw McCann doing something.

So much publicity is it because of there middle class back ground and there profession? Thousands of people go missing every year they clearly haven't got this much media involved...

Nothing was stolen !!! .......if they disturb the child and took her why was nothing else taken or disturbed ........this whole case is being run by less than adequate people here and in Portugal ......I hope peoples heads will roll one day about this shocking case !!!!

Oh so now it's been reported that there are going to be imminent arrests , could that by any chance , mean it gives the perps chance to do a runner ? DOH!

I wish to see an end to this suffering of Madeleine. I share the pain with her parents and hope Scotland Yard will really succeed to finding the girl this time.

Kim, Setubal, Portugal, 4 hours ago
How many people have so far been accused of this crime and how many have had their lives ruined?

and then 344 more, all in a similar vein !

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Mail are running the same story AND ALLOWING COMMENTS !

Post by Irisheyes on 13.01.14 18:12

The Sunday World Irish newspaper have this story on facebook and most of the comments are the same. Someone has linked to the case files too.

Irisheyes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by paradigm67 on 13.01.14 20:13

The problem is that anything of any note is being very heavily censored from the comments sections. I responded to some of the posts that have been critical of the PJ. I've not been forthright or too contentious but tried very gently to introduce the fact that in fact all of the PJ files can be found online (not posting links etc, but suggesting that people may get a better idea of how it was investigated) Needless to say those never appear.

Similarly a story that appeared yesterday that obviously pointed towards Operation Fernbridge disappeared overnight off the main page.

paradigm67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on 14.01.14 5:51

I don't think the Met police ever spoke about those burglars, lately. And who said that there were 3 of them?

What is behind this story? Nothing at all. From Belgravia we only learned about a new rogatory letter.

I would rather believe that there was intens phone contact among the Tapas, that evening and that night.

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 14.01.14 10:14

@paradigm67 wrote:The problem is that anything of any note is being very heavily censored from the comments sections. I responded to some of the posts that have been critical of the PJ. I've not been forthright or too contentious but tried very gently to introduce the fact that in fact all of the PJ files can be found online (not posting links etc, but suggesting that people may get a better idea of how it was investigated) Needless to say those never appear.

Similarly a story that appeared yesterday that obviously pointed towards Operation Fernbridge disappeared overnight off the main page.

The censorship of the comments boards is a massive feature in this case. The whole question of libel laws and freedom of speech will have to be put under the microscope post McCann. The work of agencies like Hobsbawm Macaulay will also have to come under scrutiny in this regard. That is if people are interested in re-aligning our society with democratic principles.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by paradigm67 on 14.01.14 10:23

@Mirage wrote:
@paradigm67 wrote:The problem is that anything of any note is being very heavily censored from the comments sections. I responded to some of the posts that have been critical of the PJ. I've not been forthright or too contentious but tried very gently to introduce the fact that in fact all of the PJ files can be found online (not posting links etc, but suggesting that people may get a better idea of how it was investigated) Needless to say those never appear.

The censorship of the comments boards is a massive feature in this case. The whole question of libel laws and freedom of speech will have to be put under the microscope post McCann. The work of agencies like Hobsbawm Macaulay will also have to come under scrutiny in this regard. That is if people are interested in re-aligning our society with democratic principles.

I agree. I would have thought that pointing in the direction of, say, this forum or the mccannfiles site would be quickly removed. It seems as though even pointing or suggesting that people may read the official police files which are a matter of fact and not interspersed with theory or conjecture would be or should be allowed. Its not pointing the finger in any direction but letting people read and think for themselves...... because of course that's what the media and government really want us all to do! Mind you I don't think a great deal of the population want to really do that for themselves anyway.

paradigm67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 14.01.14 11:38

I submitted a comment when there were only 10 or so already up. I pointed out that the story came from a source close to the family, the police have said nothing and why don't they report on the libel trial in portugal?

It wasn't published.

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aoife on 14.01.14 11:42

@Mirage wrote:

But censoring comments sections is not a free speech issue at all. Any provider of a comment section including boards like this have total control over what they allow and disallow from being posted.

Aoife

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 14.01.14 11:57

@Aoife wrote:
@Mirage wrote:

But censoring comments sections is not a free speech issue at all. Any provider of a comment section including boards like this have total control over what they allow and disallow from being posted.

I think the difference here should be that this pair of miscreants have caused an awful lot of people a great deal of trouble over their disgraceful behaviour over the years and cost the public millions of pounds from the public purse and donations - in this case I think the public should have the right to say exactly what they think of the pair of them.

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aoife on 14.01.14 12:08

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:
@Aoife wrote:
@Mirage wrote:

I think the difference here should be that this pair of miscreants have caused an awful lot of people a great deal of trouble over their disgraceful behaviour over the years and cost the public millions of pounds from the public purse and donations - in this case I think the public should have the right to say exactly what they think of the pair of them.
People do have the right to say what they want in any venue that is public and not private. No-one should be able to force a supplier of a medium to broadcast items that they do not wish to. to force such media to accept all comments would be a greater disservice to free speech than to allow editors of sites to censor- this site could not exist under such regulations.

Aoife

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 14.01.14 12:14

Personally, I think the media are playing the game knowing one day they will have the mother of all paydays "if" those protecting the odious twosome withdraw their support.

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aoife on 14.01.14 12:16

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:Personally, I think the media are playing the game knowing one day they will have the mother of all paydays "if" those protecting the odious twosome withdraw their support.
That is for them to decide- they must have total control over what they decide to allow as must this site.

Aoife

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin on 14.01.14 12:17

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:Personally, I think the media are playing the game knowing one day they will have the mother of all paydays "if" those protecting the odious twosome withdraw their support.

It'll be big enough to revive the economy  smilie 

tasprin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 14.01.14 13:15

Aoife wrote:

"But censoring comments sections is not a free speech issue at all. Any provider of a comment section including boards like this have total control over what they allow and disallow from being posted."
-------------------------------------
Skewing public opinion is what we are  talking about . Freedom of speech lies at the heart of a free press or you accept the concept is defunct and turn your eyes toward North Korea.

If newspaper editors can rail against diminution of press freedoms post Leveson, soliciting the support of the public in their editorial columns, then they have a duty to represent public opinion even-handedly. If the subject is controversial or in danger of sub-judice or litigation, then they should not invite comments. Moderators exist on comments boards to weed out litigious comment and bad language, not to disallow opposing views. And that, whether you choose to accept the truth of this or not, is what has been happening with the McCann boards to an astounding degree. This is why people are venting on Twitter and elsewhere and complaining in numbers about the unprecedented censorship that has allowed the McCanns to become as powerful as they are.

If the newspaper industry, private in terms of ownership, want to exercise their private status by only publishing comments that replicate their newspaper's stance, then they cease to be a newspaper in the accepted sense, They would be better off calling themselves a private membership journal. and, as such, shouldn't be  masquerading as a free press.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 14.01.14 13:18

I have been reading some of the comments, the McCann monitors are working overtime. 'Pedro' from Spain says the case is closed in Portugal and the following comments go along with the same thinking. The case has of course re-opened which seems to have passed them by.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 14.01.14 13:26

@Cristobell wrote:I have been reading some of the comments, the McCann monitors are working overtime.  'Pedro' from Spain says the case is closed in Portugal and the following comments go along with the same thinking.  The case has of course re-opened which seems to have passed them by.

Haha. Ah I see some breaking news on Twitter :

Judy Truly ‏[ltr]@TrulyJudy73[/ltr]
2h
@HiDeHo3 YOU also know full well that both Kate & Gerry #McCann went out to search for Madeleine so why tell lies?:

-----------------------------------

It said collapse after that. So I did. Laughing.   rotfl

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum