The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Doing a McCann - Drunk mum spared jail for leaving boy at home as she was 'not as bad as the McCanns'

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Doing a McCann - Drunk mum spared jail for leaving boy at home as she was 'not as bad as the McCanns'

Post by Guest on 15.01.14 17:40

I love ristretto and it never gives me a headache. But this one did ...

Back to top Go down

Re: Doing a McCann - Drunk mum spared jail for leaving boy at home as she was 'not as bad as the McCanns'

Post by Mirage on 15.01.14 17:50

Châtelaine wrote:I love ristretto and it never gives me a headache. But this one did ...

Me. personally, I prefer a risotto. You can still chuck everything you've got at it but somehow it's more appetising.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 15.01.14 18:15

@Mirage wrote:

A hybrid, I think, daffodil. A shrill?    big grin 

Love it  spit coffee 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 15.01.14 18:31

@Mirage wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:I love ristretto and it never gives me a headache. But this one did ...

Me. personally, I prefer a risotto. You can still chuck everything you've got at it but somehow it's more appetising.
But that's a different league, Mirage. There IS a difference between rice and coffee ...  big grin 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 15.01.14 18:41

Totally OT but speaking of food, I am actually having sea bass this evening.  winkwink 

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 15.01.14 18:43

[quote="Châtelaine"]
@Mirage wrote:

But that's a different league, Mirage. There IS a difference between rice and coffee ...  big grin [/quote

Go on. You kiddin' me?  big grin ]

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 15.01.14 18:47

Is Risotto saying that the defence lawyer for the Welsh woman was wrong to do his job, i.e. keeping his client out of prison?  He succeeded -job done.   Why haven't the magistrates reported him for lying in defence of his client?   According to Risotto he could be in serious trouble for lying!

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 15.01.14 19:02

I was a bit allergic from the off. Not got the time of day for those game-playing round the tragedy of Madeleine. Anyway, I found a good antidote was the occasional burst of Alan Price and Georgie Fame's "Rosetta are you better? Are you well, well, well?"    big grin

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 15.01.14 19:39

Meanwhile here in the frozen north we have this

A THREE-year-old girl who died on her first day at a nursery after getting her neck caught in a rope on a slide was undiscovered for 20 minutes, a court heard today.

Lydia Bishop was blue and not breathing by the time 25-year-old nursery worker Sophee Redhead scooped her up from the outdoor play area at York Colleges nursery, Leeds Crown Court heard.

She denies manslaughter by gross negligence and the alternative charge under health and safety legislation of failing to take reasonable care of the little girl.

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 15.01.14 19:40

@plebgate wrote:Is Risotto saying that the defence lawyer for the Welsh woman was wrong to do his job, i.e. keeping his client out of prison?  He succeeded -job done.   Why haven't the magistrates reported him for lying in defence of his client?   According to Risotto he could be in serious trouble for lying!

Being fully and properly qualified to speak on behalf of his client, I have no doubt Mr Morgan said or did nothing in court to garner censure from any quarter other than TM and their apologists, but it would appear that Risotto graduated from the McCann College of Law where, according to the textbewks provided, making a statement of fact in or out of court is the equivalent of lying on oath if what's said does not accord with the principals' version of events.

There is no doubt that the McCanns' neglect, abuse, and endangerment, of their 3 young infants on 4 consecutive occasions has adversely impacted on the work of those who promote the welfare and wellbeing of children and I wait with interest to see which MP or Lord/Lady of the Realm will be first to refer to this lamentable state of affairs in the Houses of Parliament.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Nicked from Twitter - but neatly done

Post by PeterMac on 16.01.14 16:15

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 16.01.14 17:27

The 'Ambassador for Missing People' didn't mere say it was ok to leave young children on their own; she set a precedent by leaving her own young children alone in an unlocked apartment while she and her spouse cavorted with their pals out of sight and earshot of their offspring and, insodoing, demonstrated that no parent need fear being held accountable in law in either Portugal or the UK for neglecting, abusing, and endangering their children in this manner.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 16.01.14 17:34

@PeterMac wrote:
 thumbup   I wonder what the CEO of Missing Children thinks of this?

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 16.01.14 17:37

I'm beginning to suspect that the CEO of Missing People thinks of little other than the advancement of her own career, plebgate.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 16.01.14 18:06

I don't know how many have seen that spoof poster UT but if it has been on twitter also I would guess very many.   Surely the CEO would think that can't be great for the charity and  might well deter many folk from contributing?  In fact, it makes me wonder what many parents of missing children think about it all?

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 16.01.14 18:14

@ultimaThule wrote:I'm beginning to suspect that the CEO of Missing People thinks of little other than the advancement of her own career
I couldn't agree more, after everything I've read about her ...

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 16.01.14 20:12

haven't a clue where to post this......please move to wherever more appropriate .  THE SAFEST KID ON THE PLANET [ thanks twitter]

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 16.01.14 20:33

@plebgate wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:

Apparently they say, it's not up to them to judge.

They are not a hair better than the media, and Carter Ruck, who all are in it for the free publicity.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 16.01.14 20:38

@russiandoll wrote:haven't a clue where to post this......please move to wherever more appropriate .  THE SAFEST KID ON THE PLANET [ thanks twitter]

Our GS would pull us by the hand if we did not react fast enough when the kids were crying. Also we had to put him out of the room if we had to lecture one of them. His loyalty had switched in one day from us to the baby. I am sure he hated me for the "normal" baths I gave them, and we could not stop him from giving them a after dinner clean-up so many times a day.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 16.01.14 23:03

@lj wrote:
@plebgate wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:
They are not a hair better than the media, and Carter Ruck, who all are in it for the free publicity.

I must correct you there. Carter-Ruck are in it for the money.
Carter- Ruck represent the "Scientologists", not because they believe any of their daft or destructive ideas, but because they are paid handsomely to do so.
The McCanns paid them to take on TB, which they did, with all the forensic skills at their disposal.
The did what they often do, which is to sideline the original 'factual' case into a purely procedural one.
And they 'won' that on the basis of a huge inequality of bargaining power.
What a lay-person might call Blackmail, force, compulsion, bullying, threatening, intimidation, - if s/he didn't know that this was perfectly legal, under the rules of English law - of course, KEVIN
even though to a normal person it is despicable, vile, repulsive, intimidatory, abusive and to be deprecated.

BUT . . . when it came to the one crucial point . .  even the paid stooge Mrs Matorell, under oath, in the High Court, had to admit to the world, on the record, that there was NO EVIDENCE OF ABDUCTION

That is how Carter-Ruck do it.  They don't like it up 'em, Mr Mannering, they don't like it up 'em"

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 17.01.14 0:57

What ordinary mortal could look on the works of Carter Ruck and declare:

"Thus are good morals and right practice spread across our nation!"

?

Okeydokey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 17.01.14 1:56

Just a thought ...... if things get worse for the McCanns, I suppose they could always now hire Morgan to defend them.

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby18 on 17.01.14 6:40

@PeterMac wrote:
@lj wrote:
@plebgate wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:

I must correct you there. Carter-Ruck are in it for the money.
Carter- Ruck represent the "Scientologists", not because they believe any of their daft or destructive ideas, but because they are paid handsomely to do so.
The McCanns paid them to take on TB, which they did, with all the forensic skills at their disposal.
The did what they often do, which is to sideline the original 'factual' case into a purely procedural one.
And they 'won' that on the basis of a huge inequality of bargaining power.
What a lay-person might call Blackmail, force, compulsion, bullying, threatening, intimidation, - if s/he didn't know that this was perfectly legal, under the rules of English law - of course, KEVIN
even though to a normal person it is despicable, vile, repulsive, intimidatory, abusive and to be deprecated.

BUT . . . when it came to the one crucial point . .  even the paid stooge Mrs Matorell, under oath, in the High Court, had to admit to the world, on the record, that there was NO EVIDENCE OF ABDUCTION

That is how Carter-Ruck do it.  They don't like it up 'em, Mr Mannering, they don't like it up 'em"
 I am aware of the old adage 'there is no such thing as bad publicity' but I wss going to ask that if it materialises the the McCann's are involved, wouldn't Carter Ruck be aware of people's perception of them (which already exists to many today)?

Peter Mac, I think your above post above answered my question succinctly.

bobby18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 17.01.14 8:44

@bobby18 wrote:
 I am aware of the old adage 'there is no such thing as bad publicity' but I wss going to ask that if it materialises the the McCann's are involved, wouldn't Carter Ruck be aware of people's perception of them (which already exists to many today)?

Peter Mac, I think your above post above answered my question succinctly.

They do not care, so long as the bank account is full.
Have a look at the scandal of Trafigura, where they not only "defended" the indefensible, but sought to prevent publication of what an elected MP had said in the House.
There were slapped down by Parliament for that, but I suspect the invoice still went out.
The questions all lawyers ask is not "Is this a just cause" but "Can this person pay, or are they legally aided ?"
Very few do pro-bono work, as we discovered when Kate's statement that C-R were doing this suddenly turned into a third of a million pound bill, when it came to buying TB.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE on 17.01.14 10:27

Iam not from the UK but............
Can they be prosecuted for neglect in the UK and to be prosecuted for being involved in the disappearance in Portugal?

NickE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum