The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Daily Mirror front page 13/01/2014

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Daily Mirror front page 13/01/2014

Post by sallypelt on Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:26 am

@gbwales wrote:"We can confirm that a second International Letter of Request (ILOR) has been sent to the Portuguese authorities by the Crown Prosecution Services this week (week commencing 6 January) in connection with Operation Grange."

As far as I am aware this sentence is the only SY quote anywhere (and appears on their press bureau website, dated Jan 10th). Everything else is a pretty much identical copy&paste with the usual phrases and only other *actual* quotes attributed to a "source close to the McCanns" - and we all know which colossal numpty that refers to.

Nowhere does any official quote conflate the ILOR matter and the burglar story, which in itself appears to have been conflated completely without genuine sourcing with the mobile phones story.

I think we should take SY and the PJ at their word when they say they are not providing a running commentary, and treat any story that they might for one minute consider giving their suspects special international warning by media of their intentions with the contempt it deserves.
From reading between the lines, something is about to happen in Portugal, and the BBC and other CREDIBLE sources are reporting exactly what is being said by the "McCann's spokesman". This tells me they are making it clear that the three burglars of interest isn't coming from SY or the PJ, But what SY HAS said is it wants to question people of interest, either to eliminate them from their inquiry, or charge them. And that's about the gist of it.

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:28 am

@noddy100 wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:The Telegraph newspaper article.

So it's the "McCann family spokesman" who is saying he "believes interview targets are three burglars in Praia da Luz at time of kidknapping"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/10567828/Madeleine-McCann-Scotland-Yard-wants-to-interview-three-burglars.html
I don't get why SY don't stop CM leaking this tripe

Because it works in SY's favour - while the more gullible members of the public are looking at the three burglars, they don't see the police closing in on the McCanns.

Back to top Go down

Post by gbwales on Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:33 am

Not quite sure why you're so fixated on off-the-record briefings by the Met Aoife.

However, let's make it simple. Burglars did not abduct Maddie. Burglars did not enter the apartment - or at least not without enough expertise to cover up their (second) bungled burglary by vanishing every single forensic trace of any kind of intrusion or intruder. (They clearly have a future in cleaning even if they're crap at burgling).
This is all unsustainable.
SY will know this too. They will NOT be in chase of burglars who could not have entered the apartment only to take a child instead of jewelry and so-on when it all went tits-up and then clean up after themselves so no trace could be found. Largely because they don't exist.
And they would certainly not do this knowing it would get near a newspaper and shoo the burglars away if they DID exist. 
If there is anything going on with regard to any burglars who may have been in or around PdL then maybe it's with the aim of engineering an elimination of them as they did with Tannerman.

Overall though, the more sensible and simple solution when looking at this is to just acknowledge that it's Team McCann thrashing around and muddying the waters as usual.

Mr Universe to Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

gbwales

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:36 am

@Aoife wrote:
@tiny wrote:
@Aoife wrote:
@tiny wrote:

So it's the "McCann family spokesman" who is saying he "believes interview targets are three burglars in Praia da Luz at time of kidknapping"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/10567828/Madeleine-McCann-Scotland-Yard-wants-to-interview-three-burglars.html

The mccanns and their spokesman are a menace to children every where,burglas indeed,they ought to be STOPPED from commenting.

How could that be done legally. Surely they have a right to speak out however mistaken we might think that to be.

Perhaps their mates at sy could have a word with them

They have no power to do his though

Have no powers,You sure on this

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Daily Mail on monday

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:37 am

DM has inspiring lengthy article: AR/SY on his way to PTL to formally arrest the three stooges burglars!

Read all about it!

(If SY gets proper permission, that is, but those dastardly sardine munchers are thwarting the effort)!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:38 am

Noddy 100:  I don't get why SY don't stop CM leaking this tripe.
-------------------------
The MET were never shrinking violets in the past in this regard as Steve Wright of the Daily Mail told Leveson and the world at large in 2012 (before he got his prestigious journalistic award in 2013 and started writing tripe as well)

Here's what he said:

'I am concerned in the current climate, I have colleagues, former colleagues in the CRA [Crime Reporters Association] who have been receiving what I would call intimidating phone calls from a certain department in the Metropolitan Police demanding to know who sources are.
'I find that very concerning indeed, even over innocuous matters. I'm very mindful about going into detail about these matters."

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:40 am

Anything heard from Dr Sharon Leal about this latest SY/MET 'revelation'?

Who actually works in the 'Revelations Dept' NSY?

Is it on the same floor as the MIT office the Maddie Cop 'elites' occupy?

Do i need to submit an F.O.I.or LOR to find out where it is?

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:43 am

I would submit a LOR-ra lorra laughs.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:45 am

@Portia wrote:DM has inspiring lengthy article: AR/SY on his way to PTL to formally arrest the three stooges burglars!

Read all about it!

(If SY gets proper permission, that is, but those dastardly sardine munchers are thwarting the effort)!

Portia have merged your thread here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:51 am

So fed up reading all these ridiculous stories.

It is obvious to the dogs on the street who is to blame.
If SY or the PJ go down an alternative route then our only hope is that one day the truth will be revealed.

Families involved have tarnished their family name for many years to come and the internet will have an instant record forever.
I am feeling hopeful though until I hear something OFFICIAL to say otherwise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:57 am

Anything heard from Dr Sharon Leal about this latest SY/MET 'revelation'?
----------------------------------------
She joins so much other debris washed up on a distant strandline courtesy of sticking one's neck out for the Mcs. I understand passing ships have detected doomladen cries of "how did I get it so wrong"  and mistaken them for a whale expelling air from its blow hole.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:59 am

Miraflores

To be fair to the BBC they are only reporting on the front pages of the papers here & there is nothing else on the Mirror’s.

They comment on the Express:
splits its front page between several of its favourite subjects. News of .......... sits alongside those developments in the Madeleine McCann case’.

I have not heard comment on the radio, but other than the above, there is nothing on the main news channel or the website.

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:05 am

The '''Maddie arrests' and obesity warning' page has been the top read page on BBC news for most of the morning.

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:11 am

Bellisa wrote:So fed up reading all these ridiculous stories.

It is obvious to the dogs on the street who is to blame.
If SY or the PJ go down an alternative route then our only hope is that one day the truth will be revealed.

Families involved have tarnished their family name for many years to come and the internet will have an instant record forever.
I am feeling hopeful though until I hear something OFFICIAL to say otherwise.

I am still very optimistic that SY and the Portuguese police are going for a watertight case. It can't be any other way, with the big guns protecting the McCann's and Co.

Take comfort in is quote:

...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle,

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:15 am

To be fair to the BBC they are only reporting on the front pages of the papers here & there is nothing else on the Mirror’s.

But when the Sunday Times had its big splash about the McCanns suppressing the e-fits, they didn't even mention that there was a paper called the Sunday Times. I would have been perfectly happy if they had said 'the ST leads on a MM story' but no, nada, presumably because that wasn't favourable to the McCanns. This load of tosh can be seen as favourable, so it's OK to mention it.

Miraflores

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:16 am

@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:The 'Maddie arrests' and obesity warning' page has been the top read page on BBC news for most of the morning.

Yes, and still is: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-25707768

It's a very, very bold story for the powers-that-be to release

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:16 am

Perhaps the MET would be better employed clearing up and bringing down the burglary crime stastistics on their own patch in the UK.

Before swanning off and doing the PJ's job of clearing up burglary cases in PDL!

Andy's 'manor' Kensington and Chelsea.

And not a single case of a child going missing included in the 'burglary' figures!

http://www.met.police.uk/crimefigures/datatable.php?borough=bs&period=year

No 'record' of 'child abduction' cases either.

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:24 am

@sallypelt wrote:

"...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth". - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle,

Talking of relevant quotes, I am wondering if Det Chief Insp Redwood is aware of this quote from John Stalker?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-490254/McCanns-hiding-big-secret-police-chief-claims.html

The former Deputy Chief Constable of Greater Manchester Police told the Sunday Express:  “My gut instinct is that some big secret is probably being covered up.

“I have watched the investigation into the Madeleine McCann case drag out for six months.

“One thing above all worries me: Why have the McCanns and the seven other members of their group –the Tapas Nine– remained so silent?

“Unlike other high-profile cases I have worked on, not one of them has been prepared to break ranks or really come out and support each other.

“After all this time and pressure, I cannot believe that nobody wants to speak.

“I have a real suspicion that we are not being told the whole truth. There is something else there, some issue that members of the party are embarrassed about”...

I wonder if he has found out the 'big secret'?

Or perhaps he was told what the 'big secret' was before taking on the job?

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:27 am

fleffer wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:

"...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth". - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle,

Talking of relevant quotes, I am wondering if Det Chief Insp Redwood is aware of this quote from John Stalker?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-490254/McCanns-hiding-big-secret-police-chief-claims.html

The former Deputy Chief Constable of Greater Manchester Police told the Sunday Express:  “My gut instinct is that some big secret is probably being covered up.

“I have watched the investigation into the Madeleine McCann case drag out for six months.

“One thing above all worries me: Why have the McCanns and the seven other members of their group – the Tapas Nine – remained so silent?
“Unlike other high-profile cases I have worked on, not one of them has been prepared to break ranks or really come out and support each other.

“After all this time and pressure, I cannot believe that nobody wants to speak.

“I have a real suspicion that we are not being told the whole truth. There is something else there, some issue that members of the party are embarrassed about”...

I wonder if he has found out the 'big secret'?

Or perhaps he was told what the 'big secret' was before taking on the job?

Has he found out 'the big secret

What does Stalker know. Trulyjudy73 is our "credible" source. After all, she's passed on information to SY and she's so pleased they have acted on that information. So, to recap who took MM, our source, TJ73 has tweeted it again, so we won't lose track:

Judy Truly ‏@TrulyJudy73 6m
@JanoschGonzalez Heriberto my feelings are 3 people used. 1 OC worker and 2 professional abductors. I thought this since 2007 #McCann

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:32 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25710744

20:30 Kate and Gerry McCann leave their apartment to have dinner at a Tapas bar
21:05 Gerry McCann checks on Madeleine and her siblings
22:00 A man is seen carrying a child wearing pyjamas heading towards the ocean
22:00 Kate McCann raises the alarm that Madeleine has gone missing
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WOW!

NEW BBC 'timeline' 20:30/22:00

NO 'late' PAYNES
NO J Tanner
NO Tannerman
NO Jez Wilkins
NO Matt O
NO R O'B

BBC: 22:00 A man is seen carrying a child wearing pyjamas heading towards the ocean

BUT AR's on camera and record as  saying. 'possibly wearing pyjamas'

Who needs 2 handwritten 'timelines' and 1 typed 3 page timeline, drawn up by the T9 (with detailed descriptions of 'abductor and child' when the BBC can produce a 'four line' timeline? (as gospel?)

Kate OR Gerry get a 'mention' on 3 out of the 4 'lines'!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:37 am

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:The 'Maddie arrests' and obesity warning' page has been the top read page on BBC news for most of the morning.

Yes, and still is: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-25707768

It's a very, very bold story for the powers-that-be to release

Now replaced by new BBC 'Maddie' story - still the 'Most Read' - which features a helpful aerial map of Praia da Luz:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25710744

A letter has been sent to Portuguese authorities requesting help with the UK police probe into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) has said.

The Daily Mirror said the letter sought permission to arrest three burglars believed to have been working in the resort where Madeleine went missing.

The CPS and the police would not comment on the details of the letter.

Madeleine, from Leicestershire, was three when she disappeared in May 2007.

She had been on holiday with her family in Praia da Luz in the Algarve.

The international letter of request was sent last week, the CPS said.

According to CPS advice, "requests for evidence which require a judicial oversight and/or involve a degree of coercion or invasion of privacy usually require a letter of request".

And when it comes to an investigation, a letter of request "should ideally be no more than the formal request for assistance that has already been agreed in outline with the competent overseas authority" - it said.

The CPS already sent one such letter on behalf of British police in July, when the Met upgraded its review - codenamed Operation Grange - to a formal investigation, in light of new evidence and new witnesses.

At that time, the police said there was a chance Madeleine was still alive and it was investigating 38 "persons of interest".

The search for Madeleine was given fresh impetus when a BBC Crimewatch appeal that aired in the UK, Germany and the Netherlands in October led to 5,000 calls.

In November, Met Police Commissioner Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe said the force was seeking an agreement to set up a "joint investigation team" with the Portuguese authorities.

That came after Portuguese police reopened their inquiry into Madeleine's disappearance in light of "new elements of evidence".

A Freedom of Information request showed that from May 2011 up to 31 August last year, Operation Grange had cost £4.7m, with 29 police officers and eight support staff assigned to the investigation.

Thursday 3 May 2007: Timeline

• 20:30 Kate and Gerry McCann leave their apartment to have dinner at a Tapas bar
  • 21:05 Gerry McCann checks on Madeleine and her siblings
  • 22:00 A man is seen carrying a child wearing pyjamas heading towards the ocean
  • 22:00 Kate McCann raises the alarm that Madeleine has gone missing

Clickable map and timeline

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by void on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:41 am

ohhh stop bothering with it guys. we know whats going to happen.

mccann release press that 3 new suspects are about to be arrested, absurd, wouldn't a sane person just keep their mouth SHUT?

they include tractorman and probably find a way to include murat all over again, diverting everyones attention

meanwhile, in canada, goncalo wins the libel trial and then the mccanns start to lose the £££

eventually, SY packs in because british citizens get so tired of them wasting millions of our tax£

we burn SY and their detectives to ground with torches

and then we chase after the MCunCANNy-resemblence-between-the-efit-and-gerriatric-mccann, and lock them in a dungeon with vicious dogs

we all go to heaven for helping madeleine.

^^even that is a more realistic timeline than what SY are proposing/letting on. ugh. KARMA WHERE ARE YOU!

void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aoife on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:45 am

@tiny wrote:
@Aoife wrote:
@tiny wrote:
@Aoife wrote:
@tiny wrote:

The mccanns and their spokesman are a menace to children every where,burglas indeed,they ought to be STOPPED from commenting.

How could that be done legally. Surely they have a right to speak out however mistaken we might think that to be.

Perhaps their mates at sy could have a word with them

Have no powers,You sure on this

Yes. The only power available would be contempt and this currently requires an arrest with intent to charge for an offence under English law.

Aoife

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:47 am

We do NOT burn down SY or anywhere else for that matter!
--------------------------------------------------------------

Have no powers,You sure on this?

Yes. The only power available would be contempt and this currently requires an arrest with intent to charge for an offence under English law.
-------------------------------------------------------------

I believe a 'D notice' is available at any time, to the Yard!

http://www.tpuc.org/blair-covering-up-paedophile-scandal/

"However, Blair issued a D-Notice, resulting IN A GAG ORDER ON THE PRESS from publishing any details of the INVESTIGATION"

Presumeably the MET/SY are conducting an 'active' investigation.

So they can STOP the 'pink one', IF they WANTED to!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:56 am

When this was discussed on This Morning in the paper review they stressed that the 3 were being sought in order to question them about other things they may have seen in the area that night which may shed light on what happened to MM.
NOT being seen as suspects but more like witnesses.
Paul Ross said the police were concerned that they wouldn't come forward for fear of arrest when they may have some evidence that could assist SY

noddy100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum