The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Daily Mirror front page 13/01/2014

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Daily Mirror front page 13/01/2014

Post by Aoife on 13.01.14 18:31

@russiandoll wrote:I politely suggest that Aoife re -reads the Mirror and then the Guardian and joins the dots to see who the source clearly is.

His name begins with C and ends with e. Think Pink Aoife. big grin
I politely refer you to the clear statements that the Guardian and BBC have published giving a provenance direct from the CPS/MET. I am not supporting anything in the Mirror.

BBC

"The international letter of request was sent last week, the Crown Prosecution Service said."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25710744

Guardian

"Scotland Yard confirmed that it had sent an international letter of request to the Portuguese authorities but would not elaborate on its contents."

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jan/13/madeleine-mccann-british-police-arrests-portugal

Aoife

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 13.01.14 18:34

daffodil wrote:
I thought K&M's fb page said they weren't going to comment on police investigations so don't ask for statements until ........
or did I misunderstand ?    
You haven't misunderstood, daffodil.  

The afflicted couple never comment on police investigations into the disappearance of their eldest daughter; why would they when they have a plentiful assortment of paid 'sources' close to them to give voice to Gerry's propoganda their thoughts?   Rolling Eyes

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.01.14 18:35

Aoife wrote:
"Wo have? Both the Guardian and the BBC state in plain clear English that they have information (regarding the existence of a new letter requesting assistance) from the CPS/MET. Neither the CPS nor the MET has denied this. I take that as confirmation that they have received such information."

Yes, and that information is now in the public domain directly from SY. A letter has been sent. No details of the content except a request for assistance.
And nothing else from them.
The rest of the information/speculation are quotes from a "family source".

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 13.01.14 18:37

Last paragraph of Mirror piece says :-

"In October a BBC Crimewatch special, featuring a reconstruction and an e-fit of a new prime suspect, sparked 3,500 calls and emails.  Two viewers gave the same name for the man seen carrying a child."

Don`t get this - I would have thought all the callers to Crimewatch would have given the same name, i.e. GM.

Is the writer of this piece suggesting one of the robbers is one of the e-fits that 2 independent viewers recognised?

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 13.01.14 18:39

But Aoife you have given credence to the contents, which have only been revealed by the parents' spokesperson, not by the Met.
 Kay Burley has replied that the source for the breaking news re the identified SUSPECTED BURGLARS is a Sky source.

Throughout this topic you have made many posts which bemuse me. Perhaps we should not communicate further on this matter as it is crucial to the issue whether you accept that Mitchell is or is not the person behind what has been offered to the media outside of the simple matter of the ILOR.

I will find your post where you contradict yourself, after sticking solely to the simple matter of the ILOR and then saying there is reason to credit the burglar story. If I have misread or misunderstood you I apologise in advance .

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 13.01.14 18:40

dantezebu wrote:Aoife wrote:
"Wo have? Both the Guardian and the BBC state in plain clear English that they have information (regarding the existence of a new letter requesting assistance) from the CPS/MET. Neither the CPS nor the MET has denied this. I take that as confirmation that they have received such information."

Yes, and that information is now in the public domain directly from SY. A letter has been sent. No details of the content except a request for assistance.

Exactly. The only information which has been confirmed to ANY media outlet is the existence of a new letter requesting assistance. That has been confirmed.

The contents of that letter have NOT been revealed by SY to any media outlet. Therefore any media outlet reporting on the CONTENTS of the letter are repeating speculation from "a family source", not from any official statement by SY.

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby18 on 13.01.14 18:45

@Aoife wrote:
@Cristobell wrote:
@Aoife wrote:
@tiny wrote:
@Aoife wrote:
@tiny wrote:
@Aoife wrote:
@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:
@marconi wrote:If the authorities are not commenting the details of the letter, how come that the media know them?
I don't believe in the existence of those 3 suspects.

That'll be that infamous "source close to the McCanns".
Or 'off the record' briefing by the MET or CPS- they may want to shake things up and make it difficult for th Portuguese to say no. If it were just a bland request to investigate, then it would not be newsworthy, but an OTR briefing that they want to interview substantive suspects puts the Portuguese in an awkward position if they say 'no.'
Perhaps it has nothing to do with portuguese
We know from reliable sources that a new letter has been sent to the Portuguese in the last few days; that has to do with the Portuguese.

so it has been said about the letter  being sent, but do we know if this really true.
I am rather willing to accept that if the BBC and the Guardian report that they have had it confirmed by the CPS and/or MET, that the letter has been sent. If we are to doubt news reported clearly and with sources on the BBC and from the Guardian, then there is obviously nothing substantive to discuss and we may as well give up. There comes a point where a certain amount of credence needs to be given to non-denied reports in respected media.

This case certainly reveals the murky underbelly of the media Aoife and I agree it is disheartening.  It is lazy journalism, they don't even seem to have checked that it makes sense, they have gone, probably verbatim, with the press handout given to them by Clarence.  
Wo have? Both the Guardian and the BBC state in plain clear English that they have information (regarding the existence of a new letter requesting assistance) from the CPS/MET. Neither the CPS nor the MET has denied this. I take that as confirmation that they have received such information.
Aoife, I put a very similar point yesterday. It is entirely reasonable to interpret that CONTINUAL non-denial of a story can lead you to a conclusion that it is true.

These 'burglars' CANNOT just disappear now - the genie is out of the bottle. They will be interviewed, with the following possible conclusions.

- eliminated from enquiries
- evidence that they are involved or are responsible in the 'abduction' of Madeleine McCann
- their movements on that night will provide information leading to persons responsible for the disappearance of Madeleine McCann

I cannot fathom that a burglar would take a child, so first or third options are likely outcomes.

bobby18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 13.01.14 18:46

Aoife thinks there has been an off the record briefing by someone reliable, I will find her post.

and while I search, Aoife please take note that I was, as I am sure you know, referring to this from the Guardian

Police are ready to arrest and interview suspects over girl's disappearance in Portugal, says parents' spokesman

going beyond the ILOR which you keep mentioning. We all know one has been sent!

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aoife on 13.01.14 18:49

Exactly what I am saying. But some still doubt that any letter has been sent.

Aoife

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 13.01.14 18:49

A reporter from CNN (@IsaCNN) has just tweeted that the Portuguese police have told her they have not received a letter.  So here we go again.

Apologies that I cannot c/p - I really have tried everything, and blame my laptop.  Sad

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aoife on 13.01.14 18:50

@canada12 wrote:

Exactly. The only information which has been confirmed to ANY media outlet is the existence of a new letter requesting assistance. That has been confirmed.

The contents of that letter have NOT been revealed by SY to any media outlet. Therefore any media outlet reporting on the CONTENTS of the letter are repeating speculation from "a family source", not from any official statement by SY.
Exactly what I am saying. But some still seek to suggest that no letter has been sent.

Aoife

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.01.14 18:50

Rather interesting from Isa Soares from CNN international - .. Presenter and roaming reporter for CNN's Marketplace Europe. Portuguese national.

Isa Soares ‏@IsaCNN 5m
Portuguese Police tell me they have NOT yet received a letter of request from British Police regarding Madeleine #McCann case @cnn @ErinCNN

Isa Soares ‏@IsaCNN 1m
Portuguese Police tell me that MET cannot legally come to the country and arrest people. They will have to ACCOMPANY the Portuguese #mccann

Back to top Go down

Post by Aoife on 13.01.14 18:51

@Cristobell wrote:A reporter from CNN (@IsaCNN) has just tweeted that the Portuguese police have told her they have not received a letter.  So here we go again.

Apologies that I cannot c/p - I really have tried everything, and blame my laptop.  Sad
The letter would not have gone to the police but to the Justice or Internal Affairs office.

Aoife

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.01.14 18:51

Isa Soares ‏@IsaCNN 1m
Portuguese police, PJ, tell me that the three people are not detained + add this is the British police line of investigation #mccann

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 13.01.14 18:52

Well Brunty did his Sky piece to camera about 3 Portuguese burglars all the way from Salford. He didn't really look as if he believed his own script either.  I suppose he's there for the fracking.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aoife on 13.01.14 18:52

@russiandoll wrote:Aoife thinks there has been an off the record briefing by someone reliable, I will find her post.

and while I search, Aoife please take note that I was, as I am sure you know, referring to this from the Guardian

Police are ready to arrest and interview suspects over girl's disappearance in Portugal, says parents' spokesman

going beyond the ILOR which you keep mentioning. We all know one has been sent!
That is in the story, but it separately states:

"Scotland Yard confirmed that it had sent an international letter of request to the Portuguese authorities but would not elaborate on its contents"

Aoife

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 13.01.14 18:53

Aoife please quote where members of this forum doubt the ILOR.

People are discussing the reliability of its reported contents...REPORTED BY THE PARENTS' SPOKESPERSON.

according to the Guardian.

quote Aoife

I have faith in organisations that have journalistic standards and the need to maintain their image. This includes broadsheets and broadcast media which are held and hold themselves to higher standards than tabloids and middle market press. I also tend to believe things when they are clearly stated in such publications with clear referencing to a source and where that source does not deny it. I tend to believe such matters even when they are at variance with my own beliefs or desires.

so do you believe only in the ILOR as reported by the reputable Guardian or do you believe in the desire to arrest burglars as reported in the Mirror?

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 13.01.14 18:54

candyfloss wrote:Rather interesting from Isa Soares from CNN international - .. Presenter and roaming reporter for CNN's Marketplace Europe. Portuguese national.

Isa Soares ‏@IsaCNN  5m  
Portuguese Police tell me they have NOT yet received a letter of request from British Police regarding Madeleine #McCann case @cnn @ErinCNN

Isa Soares ‏@IsaCNN  1m  
Portuguese Police tell me that MET cannot legally come to the country and arrest people. They will have to ACCOMPANY the Portuguese #mccann

So the portugues police haven't received any letter yet, but I thought sy were going arrest ,yep that makes sense,,, NOT

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aoife on 13.01.14 18:58

@russiandoll wrote:Aoife please quote where members of this forum doubt the ILOR.

People are discussing the reliability of its reported contents...REPORTED BY THE PARENTS' SPOKESPERSON.

I said:

We know from reliable sources that a new letter has been sent to the Portuguese in the last few days; that has to do with the Portuguese.

Tiny said 

"so it has been said about the letter  being sent, but do we know if this really true."

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t8954p190-daily-mirror-front-page-13-01-2014#217830

Aoife

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aoife on 13.01.14 18:59

@russiandoll wrote:Aoife please quote where members of this forum doubt the ILOR.

quote Aoife

I have faith in organisations that have journalistic standards and the need to maintain their image. This includes broadsheets and broadcast media which are held and hold themselves to higher standards than tabloids and middle market press. I also tend to believe things when they are clearly stated in such publications with clear referencing to a source and where that source does not deny it. I tend to believe such matters even when they are at variance with my own beliefs or desires.

so do you believe only in the ILOR as reported by the reputable Guardian or do you believe in the desire to arrest burglars as reported in the Mirror?
I believe in the ILOR. All the rest is supposition, although it may be based on off the record briefings.

Aoife

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthWillOut on 13.01.14 19:00

The last few posts show just how easily confused even well read people on this case get. Now think how the general public are supposed make head or tail out of this mess...

But that is probably the point.

TheTruthWillOut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 13.01.14 19:04

I find it very strange that Clarence has been speaking to the media, especially, as Daffodil pointed out, only last week the McCanns stated they were not going to comment on the investigation.  

If this were Portugal they would have been barred from doing so by judicial secrecy (unless of course spokesman Clarence was their loophole for getting round it).  I might even be so bold as to ask if they are not interfering with the investigation by releasing SY operational details?  It also shows a complete lack of integrity in referring to the problems between Scotland Yard and the PJ.  Do they really need the parents of the missing child stirring things up?  

And if must be asked, why are they tipping off the people who may have their live daughter?  It makes no sense whatsoever.  It feels as though Clarence is trying to stir up a media storm with this 'imminent arrests' nonsense, so what is he trying to hide?

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.01.14 19:05

@Aoife wrote:

quote Aoife

I believe in the ILOR. All the rest is supposition, although it may be based on off the record briefings.

Really, oh dear then it shouldn't be splashed all over the papers. Someone could be in bother!

off the record

not made as an official or attributable statement.
"all this is off the record"

synonyms: unofficial, confidential, in (strict) confidence, not for publication, not for public consumption, not to be made public, not for circulation, not to be disclosed, not to be mentioned, private, secret, classified, (to be kept) under wraps

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 13.01.14 19:06

candyfloss wrote:Rather interesting from Isa Soares from CNN international - .. Presenter and roaming reporter for CNN's Marketplace Europe. Portuguese national.

Isa Soares ‏@IsaCNN  5m  

Isa Soares ‏@IsaCNN  1m  
Officers from the Met will not be able to 'ACCOMPANY' their Portuguese counterparts if any arrests are made in Portugal; the best they can hope for is to sit in a separate camera/audio linked room while officers from the PJ put their questions to the suspects. 

Such proceedings will not be dissimilar to the rogatory interviews conducted by Leicestershire police at the request of the PJ and it remains to be seen whether these particular suspects are allowed to consult any previous statements they may have made in relation to this matter, or whether the equipment used suffers any technical problems such as beset RO'B's interviews.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 13.01.14 19:09

@TheTruthWillOut wrote:The last few posts show just how easily confused even well read people on this case get. Now think how the general public are supposed make head or tail out of this mess...

But that is probably the point.
No doubt it's purely coincidental that GM's mantra is 'confusion is good'.   winkwink

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum