The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Another child abandoned

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Another child abandoned

Post by mysterion on 11.01.14 19:28

Dee Coy wrote:
@SixMillionQuid wrote:Strange how this story passed unnoticed by the British press. If the girl had fallen over the terrace looking for mum then the situation could have been much worse.

She was locked in the apartment and, at 3, was presumably to young to navigate the locks. God only knows what could have happened inside the flat though. Or fire in the building....

I've no doubt the reason this has been kept comparatively quiet in the UK media is because of the obvious parallels and inevitable comparisons to guess who. They can't slate this irresponsible 'mother' at the risk of having to defend the indefensible in the case of they who can do no wrong.
Normally, our wonderful media likes to run similar stories to make up the impression that it is happening everywhere just to create a sensational story. They usually come in threes. The silence is deafening.

mysterion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 11.01.14 20:48

You'd almost think some of these 'parents' wanted to 'lose' their child.

Lance De Boils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret on 11.01.14 21:01

daffodil wrote:
I still have difficulty understanding how anyone can leave very young children alone, but that is unbelievable, unforgivable and quite mind-blowing to me.

It seems even harder to understand in couples who have difficulty in having much wanted children, there is nothing more precious to a parent surely.

I shall not pursue this aspect, it  makes me so angry.    Just my feelings, my opinion on what I have read, so please ignore if not relevant.

All l can say daffodil is that l struggled to have a family and had to have IVF.   Along the way l joined a forum specific to where l had treatment and have met and keep in touch with a lot of my fertility friends from that clinic.

The McCanns method of parenting in 2007 was immoral to all of us on that journey.

margaret

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 11.01.14 21:29

Poe wrote:If the child had hurt herself in the apartment - why would that be the mother's fault?

thumbsup 

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web on 11.01.14 21:53

Is this not well within the bounds of responsible parenting?

Tangled Web

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TMH on 11.01.14 22:51

Two British teachers working in Portugal were arrested when they were having a drink outside a bar cos their child was playing up the road from where they were. The child was taken off them, although they got her back. Makes me sick that the Mc's weren't in the very least charged with neglect!

http://metro.co.uk/2012/09/21/aedrunkae-couple-get-back-two-year-old-daughter-ten-days-after-portuguese-police-said-they-found-her-playing-by-a-busy-road-and-branded-the-accusations-lies-581188/

TMH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TMH on 11.01.14 22:53

TMH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 11.01.14 23:02

I think the problems the PJ faced in bringing charges of Neglect against the McCanns were two fold.
Firstly, if they had accepted what the tapas group said, then ALL were clearly guilty of the same offence.
But more importantly, I have a suspicion that the PJ did not believe what they were being told anyway, and so a false admission was going nowhere.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12.01.14 0:08

@PeterMac wrote:I think the problems the PJ faced in bringing charges of Neglect against the McCanns were two fold.
Firstly, if they had accepted what the tapas group said, then ALL were clearly guilty of the same offence.
But more importantly, I have a suspicion that the PJ did not believe what they were being told anyway, and so a false admission was going nowhere.

Do you think the PD believed there was no neglect and the children were cared for elsewhere, PeterMac? I.e., Apartment 5a was some sort of 'set'.

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 12.01.14 4:38

@PeterMac wrote:I think the problems the PJ faced in bringing charges of Neglect against the McCanns were two fold.
The reason why the McCanns were not up on charges in Portugal is purely and simply because neither Portugal or the UK - in the shape of Bliar and his icecream anointed Brown - were willing to risk an international incident that had the potential to adversely affect a hitherto excellent relationship which had grown over many centuries from one of innate hositility to one of implict trust.

Under the circumstances, what nation state would see fit to charge the ostensibly grieving non-national parents of an allegedly abducted 3 year old child with neglect knowing that it may impede or destroy their mutully advantageuos  relationship with another country?

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

AND YET ANOTHER STRANGE ONE

Post by PeterMac on 12.01.14 7:40

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2537205/We-need-Its-cold-Fears-mount-missing-seven-week-old-baby-neighbors-police-launch-major-search-freezing-temperatures.html
Edited to cut the US nonsense
Mother of missing seven-week-old baby charged with abuse and neglect as police launch major search to find the girl amid freezing temperatures
Andrea Walker, 33, has been arrested as the search continues for her baby
Aniston Walker was last seen in Falling Bark Drive in Memphis, Tennessee
Police comb nearby woods and dumpsters looking for the child
Neighbors fear she may have been snatched
Police have questioned a number of the baby's relatives

By TOM GARDNER
UPDATED: 20:16 GMT, 10 January 2014

The mother of a missing baby has been charged with abuse and neglect as police still search for her 7-week-old daughter.
Andrea Walker, 33, was arrested this morning and now faces two counts of aggravated child abuse and two counts of aggravated neglect or endangerment.
No further details about the cause for the charges were released but she Walker was booked at 4.06am.
The arrest comes a day after the baby, Aniston Walker, was reported missing.

Police said in an alert issued Thursday that she was last seen that morning wearing a brown onesie with football emblems on it.

Andrea Walker, 33, was charged with two counts a piece of child abuse and neglect
Detectives with dog teams have been combing woodland, streets and even searching in dumpsters near her home in a desperate attempt for find her.
Fears are mounting for her as temperatures plummet across the state with speculation growing that she may have been snatched.
Patrick Kimbrell was among the neighbors who received a knock from Memphis police on Thursday afternoon as they searched for Aniston.
She told WTOC.com: 'Somebody had to take her, or [there is] some funny business going on. I don't know.
'Need to find her, because it's too cold. [She needs] to be with the parents or whoever is taking care of her.'
A City Watch Alert has also been activated, notifying all news and media outlets in the area.
It is understood the child's mother told police she last saw her daughter when she dropped her off with another person just before school on Thursday.
But it is claimed officials have received a number of conflicting stories about the disappearance.
Police are questioning several family members.
Neighbor Zyyeria Green told WTOC.com: 'When a baby ain't nothing but seven weeks, you could have took the baby with you ... Most mothers I know take the baby everywhere that they go.'
Police were last night seen removing baby items from her home. Although police have yet to say a crime has actually been committed.
According to the Shelby County Property Assessor's website, the owner of the home being searched is listed as a Andrea A. Walker.
Action News 5 searched the Shelby County jail records and found that a 33-year-old female listed as Andrean Walker was booked at 4.06am on Friday.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12.01.14 12:39

More information here about the mother's history of leaving her children unattended.

http://www.examiner.com/article/search-for-7-week-old-aniston-walker-ongoing-as-mom-sits-behind-bars

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmied_Shatter on 12.01.14 12:54

@suzyjohnson wrote:A shame, in retrospect, that Mrs Fenn didn't call the police in on the Tuesday

Sometimes wondered about this, when did she first tell the police about this general policy to leave the children unattended?

Jemmied_Shatter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 12.01.14 15:46

@Jemmied_Shatter wrote:
@suzyjohnson wrote:A shame, in retrospect, that Mrs Fenn didn't call the police in on the Tuesday

Sometimes wondered about this, when did she first tell the police about this general policy to leave the children unattended?
Welcome Jemmied_Shatter - I don't think she did say about this general policy. IIRC she merely related that she heard a child crying for an extended period and she was certain it came from the flat below. As far as I am aware, the unattended children came directly from the Tapas themselves, but if I'm wrong, please step in and correct me.

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 19.02.14 16:50

9:40 a.m. EST, February 19, 2014

MANATEE — A 41-year-old man has been charged with child abuse without great bodily harm after leaving his 14-month-old child unattended in a vehicle.
Brett Klein of Gibsonton was reportedly drinking with the baby's mother at a bar at 5717 18th St. E. at around 11 p.m. Monday and stayed for about an hour while the child was alone, according to the Manatee County Sheriff's Office.
The sleeping baby girl was restrained in a car seat when law enforcement arrived.
The child's arms were reportedly cold but the child was later cleared by emergency medical services personnel with no injuries.
Child Protective Services took the child into custody until arrangements with a family member could be made, according to the report.

Pictures: Orange County Jail mug shots

Authorities also determined Klein and the mother of his baby had been offered a warm room by bar management to keep the child in while they drank, but refused.
The couple were reportedly told by the bar manager they should take the child out of the car or check on the child three or four times during the hour they planned to be in the bar. The couple refused to heed all the suggestions, the report states.
Klein was arrested Tuesday but posted a $1,000 bond later in the day and was released from the Manatee County jail, according to the sheriff's office website.
The child's mother was also arrested but details were not immediately available, according to deputies.
Copyright © 2014, Orlando Sentinel
os-baby-alone-dad-drank-child-abuse-20140219

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kimHager on 10.03.14 13:57

If the child had gotten hurt you darn right it would have been the mothers fault...as a mom myself if i neglect my duties to my child and as a toddler she gets hurt trying to take care of herself or for whatever reason if i leave her to her own devices knowing she cannot properly do those things then YES 110%my fault if she got hurt...i should never have left her to her own devixe while i go get loaded up at the bar....

kimHager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

YET Another one = this time the mother said 5 minutes !

Post by PeterMac on 24.06.14 13:01

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2666921/Toddler-drowned-left-45C-scalding-bath-two-hours-mother-fell-asleep-high-cocktail-drugs.html
Toddler drowned 'after being left in 45C scalding bath for two hours after his mother fell asleep while high on cocktail of drugs'
Riley Lewis, two, was found with horrific burns at his home in Hull
He was discovered face-down in the water, only his back was not burnt
His mother Kerry Abel, 38, claimed she only left him alone for five minutes
Prosecution, however, believe he was in the water for at least two hours
The heroin addict had not been able to get her regular dose of methadone
She wanted him to 'inhale steam' to try and treat a chest infection
Court also heard she had traces of heroin and cocaine in her blood

His mother, Kerry Abel, 38, told Sheffield Crown Court she had only left Riley alone for five minutes, but Richard Wright QC, prosecuting, said experts in pathology and forensic science have agreed he must have spent at least two hours in the water.
And on the day of her son’s death she had taken methadone, tramadol, her partner’s diazepam, and the painkiller pregabalin. There were also traces of heroin, cocaine, and cannabis in her blood.
Miss Abel lived with Riley’s father Andrew Lewis and their children and had wanted the toddler to 'inhale steam' to treat a chest infection, the court heard.
Andrew called 999 at 11.48pm on January 4, last year and said his son was dead. The first paramedics arrived eight minutes later.
When Abel was arrested at Hull Royal Infirmary after Riley was pronounced dead, she tried to kick a support worker and was verbally abusive to the police.
Some very strange parallels, kicking, abusing, lying about the length of time,

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kimHager on 24.06.14 18:43

Petermac that is eerily similar in ways to TM's.Apparently she didnt have her medication it says but goes on to say she had her medication and alot more in her system. If a child inhales steam its usually a mother who runs the shower to steam up the bathroom TURN THE HOT SHOWER OFF then bring the child in the room not fill a tub and leave a child.this sounds rediculous and unbelievable.

kimHager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 24.06.14 19:19

She had taken methadone <———> had not been able to get her regular dose of methadone?  Nice cocktail she had in her system, one wonders how she woke up at all. Is it bad from me to ask why the hell she was left alone with a child in the first place?

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Iamtheseeker on 24.06.14 19:27

Could it be they done a "McCann" ? Loads of copy cats will appear in hope of making money thinking the world will feel sorry for them and the newspapers make them look like victims . As ones lawyer  said in a court in the Uk a few months ago , "the mccanns did that and are free "

Iamtheseeker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

This mother was arrested for leaving a 3 yr old in charge of 2 years olds.

Post by PeterMac on 28.06.14 13:30

http://krqe.com/2014/06/26/abq-mother-leaves-3-year-old-to-watch-siblings-alone/

ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) – An Albuquerque mother is behind bars after police say she left her 3-year-old home alone to watch his two younger siblings.
Amanda Griego, 22, is charged with abandonment or abuse of a child.
According to the criminal complaint when officers arrived to the apartment Wednesday the toddler answered the door wearing nothing but a dirty diaper.
They also found a 2-year-old child strapped into a high chair and a younger child on the ground in a bassinet.
Police say the kids were dirty, sweaty, dehydrated and there was marijuana on the floor within the children’s reach.
About 45 minutes later Griego arrived to the apartment and was arrested.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kimHager on 28.06.14 14:16

What is this world coming to Sad

kimHager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 28.06.14 14:20

@kimHager wrote:What is this world coming to Sad

I know exactly what you mean.
When they start locking up mothers for abandoning their children . . .
how can anyone enjoy their own holiday ?

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum