The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Another child abandoned

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Another child abandoned

Post by PeterMac on 11.01.14 7:35

http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2014/01/10/new-years-grief-for-toddler/
New Year’s grief for toddler
LAST EDITED: JANUARY 10, 2014 AT 12:17 PM
AN expat has been arrested after leaving her three-year-old daughter alone in her Fuengirola apartment on New Year’s Eve to go drinking in a nearby bar.
Neighbours of the woman, believed to be from Paraguay, called the police when they heard the little girl crying uncontrollably on the apartment’s terrace.
When they could not get an answer after repeatedly ringing the apartment’s front door, the police broke in and found the child alone.
The mother arrived home soon after and told the police that she had merely gone to the local bar for a quick drink with a friend after she had checked that her daughter was asleep.

3 Yr old
Apartment
little girl crying
local bar for quick drink
daughter asleep

ticks all the boxes for high level government support I think,

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Another child abandoned

Post by Miraflores on 11.01.14 7:59

No, you're wrong, PeterMac. The crucial difference is that the child was still there, unharmed if upset, so of course the parent should be arrested. It would have been different if burglars/tractorman/George Harrison lookalike/Uncle Tom Cobbleigh and all had broken in to abduct her.

Miraflores

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 11.01.14 8:40

@Miraflores wrote:No, you're wrong, PeterMac. The crucial difference is that the child was still there, unharmed if upset, so of course the parent should be arrested. It would have been different if burglars/tractorman/George Harrison lookalike/Uncle Tom Cobbleigh and all had broken in to abduct her.
Ah yes. I had missed that vital fact.
If it had gone the parents would be the victim.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MRNOODLES on 11.01.14 10:59

I find these incidents totally embarrassing that moronic parents do this from this country. And other parts of Europe think it's what 'us lot' do we we fancy going out.

MRNOODLES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11.01.14 11:10

If the child had hurt herself in the apartment - why would that be the mother's fault?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11.01.14 13:00

I think we can deduce who two of the three people are who have commented on the article!

The other one is a Pamela - don't think it can be THAT one though.

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 11.01.14 13:12

A shame, in retrospect, that Mrs Fenn didn't call the police in on the Tuesday

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 11.01.14 13:33

When they could not get an answer after repeatedly ringing the apartment’s front door, the police broke in and found the child alone.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

What a terrible irresponsible mother!

Everyone knows that when you leave you kids alone, in an apartment, out of sight, in a foreign country, to go for some 'me time' with your mates that the first GOLDEN rule is: LEAVE BOTH THE FRONT AND BACK DOORS UNLOCKED!

Only because by doing that it let's a soothing couple of strangers, passing by, to enter and comfort the crying child, then vanish just before you stagger back into the apartment.

This woman should call the UK's most responsible parent, KM, and ask her how she kept her THREE kids, not just a paltry ONE like hers, safe when she nipped out for a drinkie with her friends she was sooooooo 'in to'!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 11.01.14 13:47

@suzyjohnson wrote:A shame, in retrospect, that Mrs Fenn didn't call the police in on the Tuesday

It's a shame, in retrospect, just ONE of the McCanns didn't stay in that night and look after their THREE, all under 4 years old, kids!

Because everyone knows that a pair of very well paid doctors (£140,000 'combined' wages p.a.) can't afford a few Euros to pay a babysitter.

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11.01.14 13:52

Kate claimed in her book that money wasn't the reason for the decision - it was that she didn't want strangers with her children.

All a load of baloney of course as the minder would have been one of the nannies from the daytime crèche.

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 11.01.14 14:10

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Kate claimed in her book that money wasn't the reason for the decision - it was that she didn't want strangers with her children.

All a load of baloney of course as the minder would have been one of the nannies from the daytime crèche.

Unlike her putting her children with the 'lifelong known, trustworthy 'non strangers'' she left her kids with every day at the creche, including, i believe, the very next day, 4th May 2007, after her eldest child had 'disappeared'

Got it now, thankyou.

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11.01.14 14:36

Of course what happened isn't due to the fact of her leaving the child asleep. It must have happened under other circumstances.

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 11.01.14 16:00

@MRNOODLES wrote:I find these incidents totally embarrassing that moronic parents do this  from this country.  And other parts of Europe think it's what 'us lot' do we we fancy going out.
It seems that this particular child abuser hails from Paraquay which indicates that the McCanns' continuing quest to raise awareness of what falls 'within the bounds of reasonable parenting' is having an impact on childcare standards around the world.

No doubt those who continue to donate to K&G's limited company lifestyle fund are greatly encouraged by the work which is being done to leave no stone unturned in 5* hotels when publicising the ethos of the proprietors.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin on 11.01.14 16:02

That child was lucky someone reported it.

Madeleine was crying uncontrollably for over an hour on the 1st May (as reported by Mrs Fenn).
She was crying again on the 2nd May (as reported by her parents).
A "soothing couple" is reported to have gone into apartment 5A to calm her (1 or 2 May ?)
On another night (?) it is alleged the McCanns were dining further away and were asked by staff to return to the apartment because the children were crying (that may be a forum myth)

There was obviously something going on during that holiday imo: Madeleine is reported to have run away and hidden on one occasion; she was crying two nights in a row including the night before she vanished but her parents say they didn't know; her parents slept apart the night before she vanished; she was too tired to walk on the day she disappeared; one of the tapas 7 'knew something was going to happen, but not this' and they thought it was 'one of their games'. Suddenly the child disappeared - allegedly abducted - but without a trace of her, or the abductor, left behind.

It could be that, because of her erratic sleeping patterns, Madeleine was left alone in the apartment & though other people were aware of this they did nothing about it - a catastrophe waiting to happen

tasprin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 11.01.14 16:23

The McCanns, and NOBODY else, no matter what THEY say, CREATED the 'opportunity' for possibly 'anything' to happen to ALL three of their children!

THEY and only THEY made a diliberate and conscious decision to leave those kids in a totally unlocked apartment, front door and back patio door, unlocked, to dine out of sight.

NOBODY ELSE TO BLAME, ONLY THE MCCANNS TO BLAME, NOBODY ELSE!

At least the woman in question, LOCKED her Fuengirola apartment doors!

And the police HAD to BREAK in!

Unlike the McCanns apartment where anybody could just walk in!

Through front unlocked door or patio unlocked door!

NO 'breaking in' required!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11.01.14 16:36

@tasprin wrote:

Madeleine was crying uncontrollably for over an hour on the 1st May (as reported by Mrs Fenn).
She was crying again on the 2nd May (as reported by her parents).
A "soothing couple" is reported to have gone into apartment 5A to calm her (1 or 2 May ?)
On another night (?) it is alleged the McCanns were dining further away and were asked by staff to return to the apartment because the children were crying (that may be a forum myth)

Goodness, I completely forgot about this, must've read about it right at the beginning.

Who were these people and have they been interviewed?

Are there any solid reports about staff having to hunt them down on another night?  The McCanns clearly gave not two hoots for what people thought of them. Unless something so strange was going on in that resort that this sort of behaviour was considered the norm? How strange that people can just wander at will in and out of apartments where children lie sleeping.

What is also clear if the soothing couple did exist is that those doors were left open more than one night, and not just after asking her mate and after a great deal of soul searching by the doting mother on the night of the 3rd.

This is creepy stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 11.01.14 16:41

@suzyjohnson wrote:A shame, in retrospect, that Mrs Fenn didn't call the police in on the Tuesday
Somewhere on another thread I expressed my pity for Mrs Fenn, who may well have gone to her grave wishing she had called the police on that Tuesday night.  

It's clear the wee one has a policy of taking no prisoners and no doubt his spouse, being well aware of his true nature, has long since scripted a number of creative accounts of events intended to provide a pack of 'get out of jail free' cards to be played as circumstance dictates.   

It's to be hoped that O'Brien, Oldfield, and the Paynes, are aware that their equally unprincipled pals will have no compunction about dobbing them in it when the imminent day of reckoning dawns.

I suspect that some time ago Tanner embarked on an arse-covering exercise of gargantuan proportions not dissimilar in substance to the convuluted accounts she put forward on previous occasions but, while she may have taken steps which have persuaded her she's home free, she should be aware that there truly is no honour amongst those she chose to support in late April/May 2007.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterion on 11.01.14 16:44

Abandoned chldren - Seen it myself on holiday on Crete. Everyone that saw it was stunned. The parents were German in that case, not British. Pre-McCann days.

mysterion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin on 11.01.14 17:05

@ultimaThule wrote:
Somewhere on another thread I expressed my pity for Mrs Fenn, who may well have gone to her grave wishing she had called the police on that Tuesday night.  

It's clear the wee one has a policy of taking no prisoners and no doubt his spouse, being well aware of his true nature, has long since scripted a number of creative accounts of events intended to provide a pack of 'get out of jail free' cards to be played as circumstance dictates.   

It's to be hoped that O'Brien, Oldfield, and the Paynes, are aware that their equally unprincipled pals will have no compunction about dobbing them in it when the imminent day of reckoning dawns.

I suspect that some time ago Tanner embarked on an arse-covering exercise of gargantuan proportions not dissimilar in substance to the convuluted accounts she put forward on previous occasions but, while she may have taken steps which have persuaded her she's home free, she should be aware that there truly is no honour amongst those she chose to support in late April/May 2007.

Mrs Fenn must have harboured deep regrets about not calling the police - she probably thought the little girl would still be here if she had done so. On top of that she was sworn at, treated with contempt and maligned in the book. According to her statement she knew the time she heard Madeleine cry because she had watched the news and afterwards phoned a friend. Surely the police could have easily confirmed her version of events via phone records and the friend.

tasprin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11.01.14 17:10

@mysterion wrote:Abandoned chldren - Seen it myself on holiday on Crete. Everyone that saw it was stunned. The parents were German in that case, not British. Pre-McCann days.

I've also witnessed this - on Samos - again, a German couple. It would've been about 2005.

They were very glamorous, both tall, young, blond and in skimpy swimwear. Their child, an adorable boy of about 18-24 months was lathered in suncream by his parents and plonked in one of those pop-up tent things. The parents promptly cast off in a dinghy and paddled far out to sea for an hour or so. They'd obviously being diving for shells as once they returned they spent a lot of time examining their rather large haul and polishing the beautiful shells they'd brought back. Perhaps that sort of glamour gives people a feeling of invincibility,  a bit like the McCanns?

While they were away the boy stayed in his tent for a bit then emerged and approached us - my husband, our 2 little girls and me - sitting a few feet away and spent the time until his parents returned digging a hole with our children.

We thought it was very strange, but perhaps typical of laid-back Germans? All we knew was that we didn't take our eyes off our children the whole holiday, never mind while on a beach with so many potential dangers. After the McCanns, most Europeans probably think all Brits have the same attitude as that German couple. So much to answer for.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11.01.14 17:44

I  don't want to take this off topic but I can't let that pass without a comment Dee Coy.    These people you speak of, they left a toddler alone on a beach  !!!

I still have difficulty understanding how anyone can leave very young children alone, but that is unbelievable, unforgivable and quite mind-blowing to me.

It seems even harder to understand in couples who have difficulty in having much wanted children, there is nothing more precious to a parent surely.

I shall not pursue this aspect, it  makes me so angry.    Just my feelings, my opinion on what I have read, so please ignore if not relevant.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11.01.14 18:27

daffodil wrote:I  don't want to take this off topic but I can't let that pass without a comment Dee Coy.    These people you speak of, they left a toddler alone on a beach  !!!

I still have difficulty understanding how anyone can leave very young children alone, but that is unbelievable, unforgivable and quite mind-blowing to me.

It seems even harder to understand in couples who have difficulty in having much wanted children, there is nothing more precious to a parent surely.

I shall not pursue this aspect, it  makes me so angry.    Just my feelings, my opinion on what I have read, so please ignore if not relevant.
Yep, and appeared to think nothing of it!

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterion on 11.01.14 18:45

Since the McCann case, I have watched out for children being neglected on holiday. By far the most common observation is that parents do not take their eyes off their kids for a second and take them everywhere.

mysterion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SixMillionQuid on 11.01.14 18:46

Strange how this story passed unnoticed by the British press. If the girl had fallen over the terrace looking for mum then the situation could have been much worse.

"It is my belief that Scotland Yard was set out on a mission, not one to find out what happened to Madeleine McCann but to rewrite the history of the case in such a way that the majority of the public simply forgets the past." - The Pat Brown Criminal Profiling Agency

SixMillionQuid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11.01.14 19:10

@SixMillionQuid wrote:Strange how this story passed unnoticed by the British press. If the girl had fallen over the terrace looking for mum then the situation could have been much worse.

She was locked in the apartment and, at 3, was presumably to young to navigate the locks. God only knows what could have happened inside the flat though. Or fire in the building....

I've no doubt the reason this has been kept comparatively quiet in the UK media is because of the obvious parallels and inevitable comparisons to guess who. They can't slate this irresponsible 'mother' at the risk of having to defend the indefensible in the case of they who can do no wrong.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum