The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Reasons to be cheerful from The Telegraph 30mins ago

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Reasons to be cheerful from The Telegraph 30mins ago

Post by mysterion on 11.01.14 19:20

Again, if Hodges`nephew is very  rich, why would he be in a MW place out of season? I certainly wouldn`t unless there was a very special reason like buying the place, for example.

mysterion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11.01.14 19:32

@mysterion wrote:Again, if Hodges`nephew is very  rich, why would he be in a MW place out of season? I certainly wouldn`t unless there was a very special reason like buying the place, for example.

Why were any of them there in the cheapest and chilliest week of the season? There he was, though, along with lots of other well-to-do people. There's a fascinating 'sticky' here, where, in a letter replying to Tony Bennett, he admits as much:

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t3471-would-this-account-for-the-unprecedented-high-level-of-political-support#76238

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11.01.14 19:45

Sorry to be joking now: but I'm reminded of an old one ... A stewardess recognises a billionaire in economy class. She talks to her colleagues, they're baffled. She goes and greet him and says : "But you are the billionaire so-and-so? "Yes". "And you're traveling economy class?". "Yes" ... "because I want to stay a billionaire.... ".  big grin 

Back to top Go down

Post by IKNOWWHATHAPPENED on 12.01.14 5:23

I see no reason to be cheerful. All thats happening is the Met are trying to look productive and paint the Portuguese in a bad light.

Time and time again people on the forum think the end is nigh for TM. It isn't and NEVER will be imo.

IKNOWWHATHAPPENED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 12.01.14 5:44

I must take issue with your estimation of the situation, IKWH, if for no other reason that, contrary to his inflated opinion of his indispensability in certain quarters, the wee one and his spouse have become a national embarrassment and, as such, termination is the plat du jour.

5 will get you 10 that the fat lady sings before Easter.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IKNOWWHATHAPPENED on 12.01.14 6:33

^^^Nothing would please me more. I don't see it happening.

IKNOWWHATHAPPENED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 12.01.14 17:19

@ultimaThule wrote:I must take issue with your estimation of the situation, IKWH, if for no other reason that, contrary to his inflated opinion of his indispensability in certain quarters, the wee one and his spouse have become a national embarrassment and, as such, termination is the plat du jour.

5 will get you 10 that the fat lady sings before Easter.

God that would be so nice.
But if the fat lady sings about the parents finally be held acountable: nah. Maybe a fake suspect or maybe even an arrest of a patsy, but no real solving of the case.

I put a bottle of really nice tequila on that.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.01.14 11:44

Isa Soares ‏@IsaCNN · 10 mins
International letter of Request from the UK authorities on the Madeleine #McCann investigation has now arrived Attorney General's Office.

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 23.01.14 12:04

candyfloss wrote:Isa Soares ‏@IsaCNN  · 10 mins  
International letter of Request from the UK authorities on the Madeleine #McCann investigation has now arrived Attorney General's Office.

Just hope its not to chase 3 burglars.

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasputin on 23.01.14 12:16

@tiny wrote:

It could be for ping pong balls Tiny ....( Remember Andy ...get the lads doing a few star jumps every now and then ..DVT is a killer ! )

Rasputin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 23.01.14 12:48

@Rasputin wrote:
@tiny wrote:

It could be for ping pong balls Tiny ....( Remember Andy ...get the lads doing a few star jumps every now and then ..DVT is a killer ! )

big grin

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 23.01.14 14:16

just grabbed this from Websluths......

Quote:
PAULA HANCOCKS, CNN CORRESPONDENT: Well, that`s what we`re hearing over here, yes. When they actually went into the holiday apartment, the cadaver dogs did pick up a scent. Now, we understand that, obviously, that was the British sniffer dogs. They brought them in.

But this was still a little while into the investigation. This was not right at the beginning. And the Portuguese don`t have sniffer dogs. So, obviously, this is when the British came in and tried to give their expertise and take DNA samples. That`s when they actually picked up this scent.

GRACE: Dr. Morrone, that does not look good for the parents. I mean, come on. I`m not a scientist like you. But if she had been exposed to approximately six dead bodies before she went on vacation, then she was on vacation for a period of time, and then 25 days later they do these tests? Dr. Morrone, that doesn`t even make sense that that would still be on her.

MORRONE: Let me explain this under a very short phrase: universal precautions. When you treat patients, when you`re in autopsy, you have to scrub and clean so much to protect yourself. It`s universal precautions. There`s no way she could have taken any component of six dead bodies to vacation. If there`s cadaverine present in a DNA sample, it`s Maddy`s.

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 23.01.14 14:56

Got to feel sorry for the poor old Portuguese. How are they supposed to do anything right when a letter sent w/c 6th Jan from the CPS has only just reached their Attorney Generals Office?

Maybe it was sent by the direct route using ‘Gaspar Post’.

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.01.14 15:00

@Doug D wrote:Got to feel sorry for the poor old Portuguese. How are they supposed to do anything right when a letter sent w/c 6th Jan from the CPS has only just reached their Attorney Generals Office?

Probably it had to be processed through both countries Department of Justice (if it exists) and both Depts of Foreign Affairs. So actually, it was moved on very fast

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Trunchbull on 23.01.14 15:27

@Pershing36 wrote:

That's why they have so many supporters and they know they will never end up with egg on their face.

Would CR really pursue so many libel cases for them if they thought they would ever be charged?  Would the UK Government put their full backing behind them?

The list goes on and I am sure they know all too well they have nothing to fear in the UK.  Even if the PJ wanted to question them again I doubt any of the Tapas 9's bums would hit the seat of an aircraft on its way to Portugal.  It would just erupt into a political row with human rights lawyers and high courts saying the process would not be fair.

But it wouldn't, would it?

They - the Tapas gang - are not facing a trial. They're just witnesses that can possibly help to solve the disappearance of their friends child.

Any helpful friend would be only too happy to go back to Portugal and help in this case.

Miss Trunchbull

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 23.01.14 15:38

@tiny wrote:just grabbed this from Websluths......

Quote:
PAULA HANCOCKS, CNN CORRESPONDENT: Well, that`s what we`re hearing over here, yes. When they actually went into the holiday apartment, the cadaver dogs did pick up a scent. Now, we understand that, obviously, that was the British sniffer dogs. They brought them in.

But this was still a little while into the investigation. This was not right at the beginning. And the Portuguese don`t have sniffer dogs. So, obviously, this is when the British came in and tried to give their expertise and take DNA samples. That`s when they actually picked up this scent.

GRACE: Dr. Morrone, that does not look good for the parents. I mean, come on. I`m not a scientist like you. But if she had been exposed to approximately six dead bodies before she went on vacation, then she was on vacation for a period of time, and then 25 days later they do these tests? Dr. Morrone, that doesn`t even make sense that that would still be on her.

MORRONE: Let me explain this under a very short phrase: universal precautions. When you treat patients, when you`re in autopsy, you have to scrub and clean so much to protect yourself. It`s universal precautions. There`s no way she could have taken any component of six dead bodies to vacation. If there`s cadaverine present in a DNA sample, it`s Maddy`s.

Is that Grace from Nancy Grace?  Then she has changed her stance considerably. Her opinion is worth as much as that of my cockatoo, although he most of the time makes sense. I avoid that rabid woman at all cost.

Who is dr Morrone? Apparently he has the same high opinion of Kate's cleanliness as I.

Thanks tiny for bringing it over.

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 23.01.14 15:41

@Doug D wrote:Got to feel sorry for the poor old Portuguese. How are they supposed to do anything right when a letter sent w/c 6th Jan from the CPS has only just reached their Attorney Generals Office?

How long again did it take for the Portuguese rogatory letter to get through all the red British tape, just to have it shot down?

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 23.01.14 15:53

I don't know if this has already been posted:

Madeleine McCann case: British investigators request Portugal interviews
CNN) -- Authorities in Portugal have received a letter from British prosecutors asking to interview people there in connection with the 2007 disappearance of Madeleine McCann, the authorities told CNN on Thursday.

The letter was sent on January 10 by Britain's Crown Prosecution Service, amid a renewed push to find the British girl who disappeared while on vacation with her family in the Portuguese resort town of Praia da Luz.

She was 3 years old at the time, and the case prompted headlines around the world.

The latest developments in the case come about three months after new police sketches were released of potential suspects and UK police appeared in a TV appeal for information.

The program prompted a flurry of tips, and police in Portugal announced in October that they would reopen the case. Since then, the Portuguese investigation has run in parallel with the British one.

Pedro do Carmo, the deputy national director of the Judiciary Police in Portugal, said last week that the Scotland Yard investigation was focused on three people but did not give further details.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/01/23/world/europe/portugal-uk-madeleine-mccann/

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum