The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Libel Trial 7th Jan Postponed - confirmed

Page 2 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Libel Trial 7th Jan Postponed - confirmed

Post by stillsloppingout on Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:29 am

Question could all these adjournments be a deliberate act to scupper the British MSM from continually printing rubbish . 

IE done on purpose ? by Amaral's side ? .eg people on honeymoon , and the court,  eg judge goes home ,  [ who are slightly leaning towards a fellow countryman ? ] .

Somewhere in Northern and Shell [ star , Express ]  Marxist towers [ Mirror ] and wapping [ sun ] features will have to be written

ie  " Today is the final day of the trial ....... pic of K&G .......... "   CANCELLED .

stillsloppingout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web on Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:37 am

https://mobile.twitter.com/JerryLawton/status/420499345369497600

No good it this linking but above is a tweet from Jerry Lawton saying that GA's lawyers submitted documents at the last minute.

Tangled Web

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:41 am

@Tangled Web wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/JerryLawton/status/420499345369497600

No good it this linking but above is a tweet from Jerry Lawton saying that GA's lawyers submitted documents at the last minute.

Information that K & G suppressed efits that could have helped find Madeleine...?

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 on Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:46 am

I don't want to derail to much but if they are to fail or withdraw the complaint do we have any idea who is picking up the tab for the legal costs?

I am sure I read that Mr Kennedy was covering the legal costs but stopped recently because of the financial downturn.  I am wondering if this might be why they have stopped collecting money for the fund as they don't want it rinsed out for their legal bills.

Pershing36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:56 am

Mr Jerry adds more detail:

Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton 3m
#mccann libel trial adjourned to date to be fixed after Goncalo Amaral's lawyers submitted more documents at last minute
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IF true, i hope it is KM's 'book' which i believe GA did say, "A book that is written by someone who was a suspect may become of use as a document, maybe even a piece of documental evidence. Let us wait."

IMO just ONE 'provable' lie by either of the McCanns, they lose.

Quite a few in her 'book'

Gerry did NOT cross the street to chat with Wilkins.

KM, in writing, says he did. (and repeated in second book)

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web on Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:01 am

@jeanmonroe wrote:Mr Jerry adds more detail:

Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton 3m
#mccann libel trial adjourned to date to be fixed after Goncalo Amaral's lawyers submitted more documents at last minute
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IF true, i hope it is KM's 'book' which i believe GA did say, "A book that is written by someone who was a suspect may become of use as a document, maybe even a piece of documental evidence. Let us wait."

IMO just ONE 'provable' lie by either of the McCanns, they lose.

Quite a few in her 'book'

Gerry did NOT cross the street to chat with Wilkins.

titter 

Tangled Web

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:02 am

If the trial has been postponed,when did Mr Amaral,s lawyer submit these documents

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:09 am

A reminder.
Final note on change of Law in Portugal.

The new Civil Procedure Code introduces a new means of evidence - the declarations by a party - in which the party itself [case of Gerry McCann and/or Gonçalo Amaral], on its own initiative, may request, until the start of oral allegations at first instance [closing arguments], to make a statement about facts in which the party intervened personally or of which the party has direct knowledge. The party that makes a statement is subject to the duty of cooperation and truth, which means that it must reply to everything that is asked, to submit to any necessary inspections and to provide everything that is requested from the party. The questioning of the party that makes a statement is led by the Judge, and the lawyers may only ask for clarifications. If, in its statements, the party confesses to any fact, that confession is valued in the files and with due effects, which is to say it is irreversible and has full probative force [it is considered evidence]. In the absence of a confession, the statements by the party are freely valued by the Court. in O “novo” Código de Processo Civil, newsletter by PLMJ lawyers, July 2013
-----------------------------------------------------------------

"........on its own initiative, may request, until the start of oral allegations at first instance [closing arguments], to make a statement about facts in which the party intervened personally or of which the party has direct knowledge".

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gbwales on Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:15 am

I suppose both the eFits suppression and the statement on the Official FB page about how badly "the press" have harmed the search could fall into that category to help derail things. But of course it could be something else entirely.

Mr Universe to Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

gbwales

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:17 am

@Tangled Web wrote:Does anybody know what sort of 'legal argument' the judge could be considering on behalf of the plaintiff's???

JOKING! NOT REAL! 'AVING A LAFF!

ID
Legal argument 1
'The McCanns don't understand why GA won't accept their settlement offer, for a third time, and lifelong gagging order, m'lud'
Legal argument 2
"The McCanns have heard from their private investigators, the MPS, that during an adjournment, just of a few days, Mr Andy WILL produce a patsy so disproving GA's assertions."
Legal argument 3
"The McCanns require an adjournment of a few days to complete their move to an unnamed non-extradition country with the UK"
Legal argument 4
"The McCanns request an adjournment because there would have been no UK photographers outside of the court to record their 'sad' court faces, but will be in a few days time"
Legal argument 5
"Kate and Gerry don't look good in brown trousers"
Legal argument 6
"The McCanns are still 'relentlessly searching' Goodison Park, Everton, for Madeleine"

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:34 am

Legal argument 7

"When Kate said: ..it was just 'cause the walk was so long and we didn't have a buggy"
----------------------------------------------------------

"We didn't know that on the CW 'special' in October 2013 they would depict us with a buggy and 'madeleine' running in front of us"

"we would like the judge, therefore, to totally disregard what Kate has EVER said, on record or in writing'

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web on Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:37 am

@jeanmonroe wrote:
@Tangled Web wrote:Does anybody know what sort of 'legal argument' the judge could be considering on behalf of the plaintiff's???

JOKING! NOT REAL! 'AVING A LAFF!

ID
Legal argument 1
'The McCanns don't understand why GA won't accept their settlement offer, for a third time, and lifelong gagging order, m'lud'
Legal argument 2
"The McCanns have heard from their private investigators, the MPS, that during an adjournment, just of a few days, Mr Andy WILL produce a patsy so disproving GA's assertions."
Legal argument 3
"The McCanns require an adjournment of a few days to complete their move to an unnamed non-extradition country with the UK"
Legal argument 4
"The McCanns request an adjournment because there would have been no UK photographers outside of the court to record their 'sad' court faces, but will be in a few days time"
Legal argument 5
"Kate and Gerry don't look good in brown trousers"
Legal argument 6
"The McCanns are still 'relentlessly searching' Goodison Park, Everton, for Madeleine"

big grin 

These McSpinners!!

Tangled Web

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:38 am

@gbwales wrote:I suppose both the eFits suppression and the statement on the Official FB page about how badly "the press" have harmed the search could fall into that category to help derail things. But of course it could be something else entirely.

This would be good thing for the judge to know,seems we will have to wait and see

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:39 am

We could start a thread there Jean to while away the hours!

But calm down everybody, we've already had 3 scenarios:

1/. Trial postponed for 3 days of national mourning for Eusebio

2/. UK Justice Forum
postponed while judge considers legal argument on behalf of plaintiffs

3/. Jerry Lawton (Daily Star)
GA's lawyers submitted documents at the last minute

Any time now there must surely be an official statement from the Court and then we'll at least have a better idea what's going on, or is there any actual evidence that the Court is closed?

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:47 am

@tiny wrote:If the trial has been postponed,when did Mr Amaral,s lawyer submit these documents

Who asked for the postponement?

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:50 am

@Portia wrote:
@tiny wrote:If the trial has been postponed,when did Mr Amaral,s lawyer submit these documents

He didn't. He is the defendant.

The plaintiffs (the other side) are -perhaps- stalling (?)

thanks Portia,got a bit mixed up there,yes stalling would be the answer

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:57 am

On the Pamalam/Anna Guedes site it says:

'adjourned to date to be fixed after GA's lawyers submitted more documents at the last minute'.

I would tend to go with this reason.

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/77sep13/AnneGuedes_12_09_2013.htm

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:03 pm

@Portia wrote:

Who asked for the postponement?

I think Amaral's lawyer himself. On McCannfiles you can read the comment that the press damished the search for Madeleine, written on the Maddie's facebook, I think. Possibly the lawyer is using it to defend Amaral.

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:07 pm

A government can not stop a whole country for 3 days, when mourning. I think it is a question of the position of the national flag.

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:09 pm

@Doug D wrote:On the Pamalam/Anna Guedes site it says:

'adjourned to date to be fixed after GA's lawyers submitted more documents at the last minute'.

I would tend to go with this reason.

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/77sep13/AnneGuedes_12_09_2013.htm

Indeed. Since the Court last sat, it has come to public attention that the McCanns suppressed the Smith family sighting for 5+ years, which was undoubtedly far more harmful to the 'search' than anything Goncalo Amaral said.

The latest post on the OFM facebook page makes me wonder if there is a legal battle going on at the moment between the McCanns and the press? A story or stories that are being held back and are the subject of litigation?

This is all sooooo frustrating, but Goncalo is absolutely right in bringing the new revelations to the attention of the Judge.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:17 pm

Complaints against the press, which helped them a lot.  The press that harmed the search.
Imo this is coming from Kate.
She could better keep her mouth. Who in this world attacks a bunch of pirañas or an anaconda?

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sofieellis on Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:22 pm

How frustrating - again. Still, if it is Dr Amaral's lawyers that have caused the delay, then I'm sure they know what they are doing.  clapping

sofieellis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rooster on Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:24 pm

I have heard mention on the forum that Mr Amaral is in receipt of as yet undisclosed investigation evidence that may have the potential to turn the McCanns abduction bullshit theory on it's head. I hope he's lobbing depth charges in at this very moment. In my opinion the McCanns will deserve to feel fear this time round as the wife of the weegie grim reaper stated in her confessional book.

The Rooster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:35 pm

I hope this isn't too off topic but does anyone know why only certain documents from the PJ files were made public? Is it becase they may influence a potential trial?

What would be the legal position on Mr Amaral, or anyone else from the PJ using them in a case like this or releasing them?

Thanks.

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:36 pm

@ChippyM wrote:I hope this isn't too off topic but does anyone know why only certain documents from the PJ files were made public? Is it becase they may influence a potential trial?

What would be the legal position on Mr Amaral, or anyone else from the PJ using them in a case like this or releasing them?

Thanks.
Some of the suppressed material (I believe) included the identities of persons/paedophiles with criminal records that had a connection to the area. This would of course be kept confidential and has no bearing on the Libel case.

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum