The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

3 Prime Suspects Identified - Page 5 Mm11

3 Prime Suspects Identified - Page 5 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

3 Prime Suspects Identified - Page 5 Mm11

3 Prime Suspects Identified - Page 5 Regist10

3 Prime Suspects Identified

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

3 Prime Suspects Identified - Page 5 Empty Re: 3 Prime Suspects Identified

Post by ultimaThule 04.01.14 13:08

bristow wrote:
NickE wrote:3 Prime suspects,we already know two of them,who´s the third?
DP?
Or MO who was the last person known to have entered 5A before Kate discovered Madeleine had been 'taken', or RO'B who was also absent from the dinner table during the crucial period.

It's to be hoped these two are under no illusion as to the lengths K&G will go to in order to save their own skins.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey 04.01.14 13:12

If Redwood doesn't disown this,  then we know it's a fake inquiry.
Okeydokey

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi 04.01.14 13:42

Those 3 suspects were already identified, that is why they were added to the 38 persons of interest.
marconi

Activity : 1104

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.01.14 13:46

ultimaThule wrote:
gbwales wrote:
columbostogeys wrote:
With all these burglars, drug addicts, pedophiles and creepy people who would want to live in PDL lol.

I hope that one day, when this whole sorry saga is over, that there will be a full and frank reckoning about the financial and reputational impact on PdL and the Algarve's tourist industry - even if no reparation is possible I believe it's important to know and publicise what the vile and selfish actions of two people - plus those who choose to do their bidding - have caused.
You and me both, gb.

The only reparation possible is for the unjustified stain on the honour of Portugal, and by default on that of the United Kingdom, to be redressed by the perpetrators of this heinous crime together with their co-conspirators and cohorts. being brought to account in a criminal Court of Law.

When this day comes, and it's my belief it's not far off, the world will know the full extent of the evil that was done in Praia de Luz by those who cynically chose to exploit the kindness and generousity of the Portuguese people for their own ends.

Whilst I wholeheartedly agree with you, I do think there's something a bit "off" about the place itself (Luz, that is, not Portugal). Principally because it seems to have been a bolthole for well connected expats for quite some time, despite the fact that even as recently as the nineties getting there would have been a two hour trek from the airport via third world roads.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE 04.01.14 14:00

ultimaThule wrote:
bristow wrote:
DP?
Or MO who was the last person known to have entered 5A before Kate discovered Madeleine had been 'taken', or RO'B who was also absent from the dinner table during the crucial period.

It's to be hoped these two are under no illusion as to the lengths K&G will go to in order to save their own skins.
I'm putting my money on MO or DP.
MO's story that he never saw Maddie sounds very strange to me.
NickE
NickE

Activity : 2151

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 04.01.14 14:01

How can they possibly tell someone is a burglar just by having their phone number. 
If I post my mobile no here how many of you could guess my profession 
This is nuts
noddy100

Activity : 760

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey5 04.01.14 14:12

NickE wrote:
If MO was asked to say he'd checked the McCann kids, he may well have agreed out of friendship and then realised that he would be the last person to see Madeleine alive and could well be no.1 suspect and decided to say he hadn't seen her. I can't say I blame him. big grin
Casey5

Activity : 402

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 04.01.14 14:13

Oh dear!  It gets sillier by the minute, doesn't it?  titter 

Maybe anyone in future, who is thinking of doing a burglary,  would like to take heed to The Burglars Guide for Dummies.

How to carry out a burglary.

1) Make sure that you wear protective clothing and gloves, not to leave ANY fingerprints when opening windows or doors, or any leave any other trace of DNA, such as hairs, fibres from clothing etc. Cannot have these mixing with those of the "higher orders"

2) Make absolutely sure to take knock-out drugs, just in case there are very young children  all alone in a dark house or apartment. If they are disturbed and wake up, make sure to drug the youngest child or children, but take the oldest child.

3) For the oldest child, who by the time is screaming its head off, take out your “child silencer” (ok, ok, it’s just a thought, and someone could patent one). This will ensure that no one will hear the child bawling its head off because it has been startled by a burglar.

4) NEVER take anything out of the house or apartment you intended to burgle if any of the above happens.  This will allow the person or persons who were potential victims of burglary to say “nothing of value was taken”.

Make your getaway through a window that’s too small to remove a sleeping or drugged child. This will leave the police baffled as to how the crime of stealing a child was committed.

4)  After all the above precautions have been taken to ensure that NO DNA or clues are left behind, use your mobile phone/s to inform any of your partners in crime that “mission accomplished”. This will allow the police to discover who you are, and where you were at the time you were taking a child or children from a dark apartment.

And for my next fairy tale…………you will have to wait a while longer

sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 04.01.14 15:04

Daisy wrote:
canada12 wrote:
Clay Regazzoni wrote:I don't understand why, if three men enter an apartment for nefarious reasons and leave with nothing but a child, the motive is assumed to be burglary? Maybe they were Michael Shrimpton's gang? Ah, but then of course they would have taken out everybody in a 10km radius to make sure that their activities went unnoticed...

This story is mostly rubbish but it gets out there the idea that SY are digging through the phone data and that can only mean uncomfortable questions for the main protagonists. If it is established that the T9 were already using PAYG phones at the time of the disappearance, where would that leave them?

Very good point.
What would SY expect to see?
Normal phone conversations from the T9 up to the "abduction" time. Followed by PAYG phones afterwards.
If it can be discovered exactly when the T9 reverted to PAYG or started deleting messages, it would be very telling indeed.
According to David Payne's Rog statement, he took delivery of the PAYG phones at the Police station whilst Kate was being interviewed on the 4th May.

"...I did speak to the other, the friends of Simon ALDRIDGE'S who you know who kindly bought the phones and they actually bought the phones to the Portim' Police Station and I went downstairs and got the phones and then err brought them back upstairs..."

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/DAVID-PAYNE-ROGATORY.htm
This statement and its "able to be verified ? timing" is very interesting.
WHY would anyone want to buy, 'pay as you go' phones ? for people who already possess mobile phones, (proven by the number of calls deleted from at least Kate and Gerry's phones, leaving an accidental one on Kate's phone which showed that mobile phone messages had actually been deleted). (the devil is in the detail)
I believe the argument was that they all needed re-charging cables for their phones.
Who travels with a mobile phone, for a week's holiday and doesn't take a re-charger with them?
If the shop where the payg phones had payg phones in it, it would also have up-to-date spare re-charger cables, at least for most normal phones.
If it didn't, the McCs could have asked the police where, even if as far as Faro, they could get re-chargers, and the police would no doubt have even arranged for such to be found and delivered to the hapless pair.  At this early time in the evolving of the case, the McCs were to be pitied and with the Ambassador, the UK govt reps, etc. someone, even a local from the church, would have immediately rushed off to get a cable.
Surely, on a mobile phone contract it would be cheaper to make calls to the UK etc. than on payg.
So, the fact that it is discovered, this late in the day, that SY are looking into payg messages and their owners, it would certainly indicate that Payne et alia were indeed actually using payg phones.
Now, given that Payne goes to pains (pun intended) to place the arrival of payg phones AFTER the event of Maddie disappearing, but according now to SY, there was such activity on the evening of 3rd May, are we looking at the normal Kate /Gerry tactic of 'time-wise misplacing events', of which hundreds of examples have been shown to exist.
Why would anyone CHOOSE a payg phone over securing a re-charger for an existing phone, presumably on a mobile phone contract.
Finally, are bank cards not needed to 'top up' a payg phone ?
If so, and if the McCs didn't have any bank cards, as they claimed (although Gerry did have one nicked from his rump pocket as he was bending over in a railway station in the UK) how was this payment going to happen ?
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.01.14 15:07

bobbin wrote:
Daisy wrote:
canada12 wrote:
Clay Regazzoni wrote:I don't understand why, if three men enter an apartment for nefarious reasons and leave with nothing but a child, the motive is assumed to be burglary? Maybe they were Michael Shrimpton's gang? Ah, but then of course they would have taken out everybody in a 10km radius to make sure that their activities went unnoticed...

This story is mostly rubbish but it gets out there the idea that SY are digging through the phone data and that can only mean uncomfortable questions for the main protagonists. If it is established that the T9 were already using PAYG phones at the time of the disappearance, where would that leave them?

Very good point.
Normal phone conversations from the T9 up to the "abduction" time. Followed by PAYG phones afterwards.
If it can be discovered exactly when the T9 reverted to PAYG or started deleting messages, it would be very telling indeed.
According to David Payne's Rog statement, he took delivery of the PAYG phones at the Police station whilst Kate was being interviewed on the 4th May.

"...I did speak to the other, the friends of Simon ALDRIDGE'S who you know who kindly bought the phones and they actually bought the phones to the Portim' Police Station and I went downstairs and got the phones and then err brought them back upstairs..."

WHY would anyone want to buy, 'pay as you go' phones ? for people who already possess mobile phones, proven by the number of calls deleted from at least Kate and Gerry's phones, leaving an accidental one on Kate's phone which showed that mobile phone messages had actually been deleted. (the devil is in the detail)
I believe the argument was that they all needed re-charging cables for their phones.
Who travels with a mobile phone, for a week's holiday and doesn't take a re-charger with them?
If the shop where the payg phones had payg phones in it, it would also have up-to-date spare re-charger cables, at least for most normal phones.
If it didn't, the McCs could have asked the police where, even if as far as Faro, they could get re-chargers, and the police would no doubt have even arranged for such to be found and delivered to the hapless pair.  At this early time in the evolving of the case, the McCs were to be pitied and with the Ambassador, the UK govt reps, etc. someone even a local from the church would have immediately rushed off to get a cable.
Surely, on a mobile phone contract it would be cheaper to make calls to the UK etc. than on payg.
So, the fact that it is discovered this late in the day that SY are looking into payg messages and owners would certainly indicate that Payne et alia were indeed actually using payg phones.
Now, given that Payne goes to pains (pun intended) to place the arrival of payg phones AFTER the event of Maddie disappearing, but according now to SY, there was such activity on the evening of 3rd May, are we looking at the normal Kate /Gerry tactic of 'time-wise misplacing events', of which hundreds of examples have been shown to exist.
Why would anyone CHOOSE a payg phone over securing a re-charger for an existing phone, presumably on a mobile phone contract.
Finally, are bank cards not are needed to 'top up' a payg phone ? If so, and if the McCs didn't have any bank cards, as they claimed (although Gerry did have one nicked from his rump pocket as he was bending over in a railway station in the UK) how was this going to happen ?

ooops 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 04.01.14 15:25

bobbin wrote:
Daisy wrote:
canada12 wrote:

Very good point.

WHY would anyone want to buy, 'pay as you go' phones ? for people who already possess mobile phones, (proven by the number of calls deleted from at least Kate and Gerry's phones, leaving an accidental one on Kate's phone which showed that mobile phone messages had actually been deleted). (the devil is in the detail)
If it didn't, the McCs could have asked the police where, even if as far as Faro, they could get re-chargers, and the police would no doubt have even arranged for such to be found and delivered to the hapless pair.  At this early time in the evolving of the case, the McCs were to be pitied and with the Ambassador, the UK govt reps, etc. someone, even a local from the church, would have immediately rushed off to get a cable.
So, the fact that it is discovered, this late in the day, that SY are looking into payg messages and their owners, it would certainly indicate that Payne et alia were indeed actually using payg phones.
Finally, are bank cards not needed to 'top up' a payg phone ?
If so, and if the McCs didn't have any bank cards, as they claimed (although Gerry did have one nicked from his rump pocket as he was bending over in a railway station in the UK) how was this payment going to happen ?

Sorry, I don't have the right glasses to view little print and the Payne statement is 45 pages long, taken on 11th April 2008.
Not knowing how to 'search the text' for 'payg' phones to find the relevant section, does anyone know, IF Payne was at the Portimao police station, UPSTAIRS on the 4th May 2007.
And if he was, WHAT was he doing there ? to be able to go DOWNSTAIRS to collect phones.
If he ?did?, who could verify / witness this act having taken place, or is it just HIS word, associated with an 'official' place to make it all sound kosher.
Without valid corroboration Payne could well think that this long after the event, no one would question HIS version of the story of the phones arriving on the day AFTER Maddie went missing, and NOT BEFORE.

RECORD OF TAPE RECORDED INTERVIEW Police Exhibit No IM23A
Person Interviewed: David PAYNE Number of Pages 45
Place of Interview: Force Headquarters, Enderby Signature of Interviewing
Date of Interview: 11.04.08 Officer producing exhibit
Time Commenced: 1026 hours

Time Concluded: 1154 hours Duration of Interview: 89 minutes
Interviewing Officer(s) DC 1485 MESSIAH Tape Reference nos:
Other Persons Present None
bobbin

Back to top Go down

Post by currio 04.01.14 15:30

NickE wrote:
ultimaThule wrote:
bristow wrote:
DP?

I'd put my money on the partner of Jane Tanner's whichever one that is.

Was she not seen standing on the opposite side of the street, watching 5A for some time earlier.

J Wilks witnessed this, and an old Lady driving past to catch a local shop before closing spotted her on her  way to and fro, still standing in the same spot.

Was she keeping an eye out while the scene was been sterilized?
currio

Activity : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.01.14 15:31

bobbin wrote:
WHY would anyone want to buy, 'pay as you go' phones ? for people who already possess mobile phones, proven by the number of calls deleted from at least Kate and Gerry's phones, leaving an accidental one on Kate's phone which showed that mobile phone messages had actually been deleted. (the devil is in the detail)
If it didn't, the McCs could have asked the police where, even if as far as Faro, they could get re-chargers, and the police would no doubt have even arranged for such to be found and delivered to the hapless pair.  At this early time in the evolving of the case, the McCs were to be pitied and with the Ambassador, the UK govt reps, etc. someone even a local from the church would have immediately rushed off to get a cable.
So, the fact that it is discovered this late in the day that SY are looking into payg messages and owners would certainly indicate that Payne et alia were indeed actually using payg phones.
Finally, are bank cards not are needed to 'top up' a payg phone ? If so, and if the McCs didn't have any bank cards, as they claimed (although Gerry did have one nicked from his rump pocket as he was bending over in a railway station in the UK) how was this going to happen ?

Also we are only talking about the 4th of May here, she'd only been missing less than 24 hours and could presumably have been found - alive or dead - at any moment. It's another example of "digging in for the long haul".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ulyssesoh 04.01.14 15:31

To be fair it makes perfect sense to get pay as you go phones if you anticipate staying in another country for more than a week or two - and making lots of in-country calls, which would undoubtedly have been the case here. I've always bought a local SIM for my unlocked mobile if I'm visiting another country for a while. Otherwise you get totally hammered with roaming charges for local calls. I'd have also kept my existing phone for calls back home.
ulyssesoh

Activity : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 04.01.14 15:32

There is definitely something fishy about those paygo phones Bobbin. I had a re-read of David Payne's rogatory statement and the interview was pressing him on the issue. He called someone in Portugal who brought them paygo phones topped up with £40, he said it was to save running up bills on their normal mobiles. It sounded pretty lame and the interview kept doing a 'Colombo' like 'just one more thing' while questioning him.

It seems an odd priority if this were a genuine abduction. He only mentioned the cost issue, not the charger, as I recall, but in any event, there were 9 adults in the party, friends, family, priests and bridesmaids arriving on the first flight in, and Warners jumping through hoops to cater at their every demand. Perhaps David Payne thought that the paygo phones would not be trackable or capable of leaving a record, Contract phones do of course itemise every call. I raised an eyebrow when I saw that he had the phones delivered to the police station on the 4th May, as they were waiting to be interviewed. The interviewer asked if Payne still had the phones, and he was a little vague, thought they were left in Portugal with K&G, then said he may have one at home, and interviewer said could they pick it up when they dropped him off. I don't know what the outcome of this was.

Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 04.01.14 15:36

currio wrote:
NickE wrote:
ultimaThule wrote:
bristow wrote:
DP?

Was she not seen standing on the opposite side of the street, watching 5A for some time earlier.

J Wilks witnessed this, and an old Lady driving past to catch a local shop before closing spotted her on her  way to and fro, still standing in the same spot.

Oooer, I hadn't thought of it in that context before, but now you mention it...........
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ristretto 04.01.14 15:40

ulyssesoh wrote:To be fair it makes perfect sense to get pay as you go phones if you anticipate staying in another country for more than a week or two - and making lots of in-country calls, which would undoubtedly have been the case here. I've always bought a local SIM for my unlocked mobile if I'm visiting another country for a while. Otherwise you get totally hammered with roaming charges for local calls. I'd have also kept my existing phone for calls back home.

I agree absolutely. As a regular traveller there is nothing remotely surprising or odd about someone getting hold of local phones or sim cards if they are likely to make local calls in other countries. The roaming charges were horrendous even just six or seven years ago though they are a bit better now.

A few years ago it wasn't as easy to just get hold of a sim card when abroad and there were companies offering local mobiles for short term rent at most airports as you arrived and this was cheaper than getting a big bill for roaming charges. If you knew somebody local you could get them to get hold of a cheap phone for you with local sim though and that worked out cheaper still.

The fact that the phones were delivered to Payne at the police station is probably explained by the fact that the friends lived nearer to that place than PDL.
Ristretto

Activity : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 04.01.14 15:44

Ristretto wrote:
ulyssesoh wrote:To be fair it makes perfect sense to get pay as you go phones if you anticipate staying in another country for more than a week or two - and making lots of in-country calls, which would undoubtedly have been the case here. I've always bought a local SIM for my unlocked mobile if I'm visiting another country for a while. Otherwise you get totally hammered with roaming charges for local calls. I'd have also kept my existing phone for calls back home.

I agree absolutely. As a regular traveller there is nothing remotely surprising or odd about someone getting hold of local phones or sim cards if they are likely to make local calls in other countries. The roaming charges were horrendous even just six or seven years ago though they are a bit better now.

A few years ago it wasn't as easy to just get hold of a sim card when abroad and there were companies offering local mobiles for short term rent at most airports as you arrived and this was cheaper than getting a big bill for roaming charges. If you knew somebody local you could get them to get hold of a cheap phone for you with local sim though and that worked out cheaper still.

The fact that the phones were delivered to Payne at the police station is probably explained by the fact that the friends lived nearer to that place than PDL.

Ahh, perhaps not so strange then. Thank you.
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 04.01.14 15:49

sallypelt wrote:Oh dear!  It gets sillier by the minute, doesn't it?  titter 

Maybe anyone in future, who is thinking of doing a burglary,  would like to take heed to The Burglars Guide for Dummies.

< snip >
The words 'barrel' and 'scraping' come to mind.  

I look forward to reading the theory of how MO, either alone or acting in cohorts with RO'B, accidentally or deliberately caused the death of Madeleine and placed her body behind the sofa and beside the wardrobe before spiriting it away to a place where it's yet to be found. 

No doubt a member of this forum, either existing or yet to join, will be able to flesh out the bare bones of this theory with motive and give a timeline which indicates the deed was done shortly after MO crossed paths with the Paynes/Webster when he first left the Tapas to check on his children, that Gerry's first account in which he didn't look in the children's bedroom when he made his c9pm check was correct and that his subsequent recall of his 'proud moment' was due to confusion over dates caused by grief and that, due to some unknown hold he had over him, a panicked MO was able to call on the services of RO'B before one of them walked through the streets of Luz carrying the body before hiding it in one of those Roman tunnels or sewers or roadworks until such time as a freezer became available and the killer or an accomplice was able to cunningly implicate the child's parents by depositing fluids from the corpse in their hire car - easily done given that it was left for nights on end with its boot open to disperse the odour of rotting meat/nappies/sea bass.

If the precariousness of their position hasn't already occurred to MO and RO'B, they clearly don't know their pal Gerry very well.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.01.14 15:53

Ristretto wrote:

In that case, what is known about Simon Aldridge and his friend who supplied the phones? Why did Payne not just hotfoot it down to "telefonos4tu", credit card in hand. How very coincidental that he should have a relative, with a "contact", so close at hand.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterion 04.01.14 15:57

Okeydokey wrote:If Redwood doesn't disown this,  then we know it's a fake inquiry.
Agreed. He needs to stamp his authority on this case by giving a brief update to the general public which circumvents all the "powers that be".

The way I read it is that the 3 burglars story is simply a wraparound for the main message that needs to get out before the 7th. That message is that the PJ are rubbish. The Mirror, today, has asserted that the McCanns are not allowed to speak at the libel trial to explain their devastation. We can all see what is coming next.
mysterion

Activity : 403

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 04.01.14 16:03

Regarding the Payasyougo phones - on the 4th May they didn`t know that Madeleine wouldn`t turn up that day or the next - so didn`t know they would be staying on.

Also, could it be that the PJ took possession of their personal phones?  So they were put in touch with someone who could supply them with temporary phones.

Just trying to eliminate all possibilities.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 04.01.14 16:49

currio wrote:
NickE wrote:
ultimaThule wrote:
bristow wrote:
DP?

As I recall, this was a woman of 'Portuguese appearance' wearing purple, currio, and she certainly sounded a dead ringer for Tanner who, despite not taking jeans, took at least one purple top on holiday with her and whose dark looks could easily be mistaken for those of a local/native of Portugal by a casual observer.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by currio 04.01.14 17:07

ultimaThule wrote:
currio wrote:
NickE wrote:
ultimaThule wrote:
bristow wrote:
DP?

As I recall, this was a woman of 'Portuguese appearance' wearing purple, currio, and she certainly sounded a dead ringer for Tanner who, despite not taking jeans, took at least one purple top on holiday with her and whose dark looks could easily be mistaken for those a local/native of Portugal by a casual observer.
The jeans were probably sterilized too and replaced by a white skirt  big grin
currio

Activity : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 04.01.14 17:34

currio wrote:
ultimaThule wrote:
currio wrote:
NickE wrote:
ultimaThule wrote:
bristow wrote:
DP?

As I recall, this was a woman of 'Portuguese appearance' wearing purple, currio, and she certainly sounded a dead ringer for Tanner who, despite not taking jeans, took at least one purple top on holiday with her and whose dark looks could easily be mistaken for those a local/native of Portugal by a casual observer.
The jeans were probably sterilized too and replaced by a white skirt  big grin
Jeremy Wilkins also referred to a woman whom he later came to know was Jane Tanner, being in the car park, wearing purple. It's in his statement.
bobbin

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top