The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by Guest on 06.12.13 10:25

Don't feel guilty, u.T. It's IMO rather clever and leading phrasing:

Running parallel to the libel case is an injunction by the McCanns stopping Amaral from selling his book and a DVD which was aired on Portuguese television channel TVI.
It is NOT running parallel; that case is over, lost by the McCanns and closed.
The injunction came to force in January 2010, when a Lisbon court ruled the book and video could not be circulated in Portugal.
The decision was later overturned by a Lisbon Appeal Court, and following a counter claim by the McCanns, the Supreme Justice Tribunal upheld this verdict.
This is mixing "Injunction", "Decision" and "Verdict in a way, that a quick read produces the intended misunderstanding, namely that parallel to the libel case, there is injunction case to Amaral's book and the McCanns have so far won the last session ...

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 06.12.13 11:00

Mr de Beer's piece has  got TrulyJudy's knickers in a twist - the pros are proudly proclaiming another victory for their idols.  How long before the Mirror or one of the other tabloids runs the story? big grin

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.12.13 11:04

Have you seen the comment from that arch McCann supporter Graham Perry that Mr Amaral should be interviewed as a person of interest?

Mrs

I last heard of him when he was in the former USSR organising the search for Madeleine; I was hoping he was still there!

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 06.12.13 11:27

That's the one that had me rotfl at 3am this morning NFWTD big grin 

This is worthy of note:
Speaking to The Portugal News in early 2009, Gerry McCann stressed “that there is no evidence that Madeleine is dead and there is no evidence to suggest that Kate and I were involved in any theories.”
Gerry McCann also insisted they would have been legally compelled to be available for a reconstruction due to their status as arguidos, even the motives of Portuguese police were questionable.
“Don’t get me wrong, we had major concerns as to why the reconstruction was being done”, arguing that “the police reconstruction was not aimed at finding Madeleine, but rather to look for inconsistencies. There were 12 or 15 people involved and it is inevitable there would be inconsistencies.

The wee one obviously wasn't keen on the prospect of any 'inconsistencies' being revealed to the world and, thanks to AR driving a coach and horses through the Tapas 9's accounts, now we know why.  smilie

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 06.12.13 13:22

Ah yes.... 'It was a collective mistake' says Gerry in the Swedish interview..listen up T7, if I go down you go down with me..

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.12.13 13:38

@ultimaThule wrote:Mr de Beer's piece has  got TrulyJudy's knickers in a twist - the pros are proudly proclaiming another victory for their idols.  How long before the Mirror or one of the other tabloids runs the story? big grin
According to twitter, Mr de Beer has been contacted and now changed it.

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 06.12.13 19:30

@tigger wrote:Ah yes.... 'It was a collective mistake' says Gerry in the Swedish interview..listen up T7, if I go down you go down with me..
I have no doubt that at least a couple of the Tapas 7 have realised that co-operation with the police will result in their being sent down for a lot less time than Gerry and his spouse and the more goods they deliver, the more the possibility of that time being suspended increases.    These realisations can be likened to   'revelation' moments,  albeit such revelations will be prompted by the non-angelic AR in the sobering environment of a formal interview under caution  big grin

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 08.12.13 23:56

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@ultimaThule wrote:
The Judge proposes that the last session with the allegations and  statements from the parties be fixed for the 18 December but changes this to 7 January 2014 which is the first date when all parties will be available.
What a long trial it's been! -
The longest one I've ever seen
For the lawyer's, it's fine
But what began in 0 - 9
Won't finish till 20 - 14.
We've seen similarly long trials and inquiries in the UK  depending on what the authorities feel about them.

Okeydokey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Playing for Time ?

Post by Trust Your Instincts on 09.12.13 0:41

Hello Everyone.

Is it possible that Sy and PJ are finally on the same page and have indicated to the courts they need a little more time to tie up the loose ends of possible concrete evidence, perhaps also hoping to use incriminating statements from the libel trial , and need the courts to drag this out so as to play for time and keep certain people tied into something so they can not go on an extra long holiday to places unknown.
If I was planning on needing to speak to certain people in the not so distant future it would be good to know where I would be able to find them.

Ps Please go easy on me roses

Trust Your Instincts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 09.12.13 5:04

welcome TYI - you've arrived at a most interesting point in the proceedings smilie 

I suspect NSY and the PJ have been on the same page for some considerable time, but it's improbable that the Portuguese judiciary would compromise their probity by lending themselves to artifice of the type you describe unless it was deemed vital to national security that they do so.  

The McCanns' plaint for libel against Dr Amaral and his 3 co-defendants is being heard in the civil courts where the judge has been meticulous in ensuring that all examination of witnesses has remained focused on the issues before the court and, therefore, questions which we may have chosen to pose have either not been asked or have been, effectively, ruled out of order.    

None of the Tapas 7 have testified for the plaintiffs (or for the defence, for that matter) and as it remains to be seen whether the McCanns' application to be heard as witnesses to their plaint will be granted, it's highly unlikely that either police force is hanging on every word that is spoken in court in the hope of some incriminating statement or other.  

Having read the transcripts on more occasions than I care to remember, the testimony of witnesses for the McCanns has been predictably lacking in substance and has consisted of little more than subjective narrative which has racked up an impressive score of own goals, including that of TM's internet monitor, Michael Wright, who dropped himself and them in it when he was caught out taking sneaky peeks at a crib sheet, known in polite circles as an 'aide memoir', written in green ink on a 5* hotel's napkin, listing instructions which were no doubt given to him by his paymasters the night before when they dined on something more substantial than tapas courtesy of their limited company's lifestyle fund.  sarcastic 

As this 'document' is now in the possession of the eagle-eyed judge, we may never know its contents... and so the mystery grows and now includes why the McCanns and their pals never have anything resembling writing paper to hand when its needed big grin   I also recall that, when giving 'evidence' for the plaintiffs, Alan Pike proceeded to consult his laptop and began reading an extract from KM's bewk before the judge put the lid on that little caper.  rotfl 

You couldn't make it up, but the McCanns can and do and it remains to seen how much good this will do them in the longer term.  One thing's for sure, should they and their relatives, pals, and paid helpers, attempt to embark on any 'extra long holidays', they will find it considerably more difficult to disappear than the ease with which poor Madeleine vanished off the face of the earth.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 09.12.13 6:56

Cribsheets have been the order of the day in McCann-related events:

The A4 typed out timeline of the 3rd, distributed amongst the T9 to use in their early interviews with the PJ
The earlier statements made which ROB was allowed to consult and change in the rogatories

Wonder if that psychologist who testified early on had one asit seems he'd only seen them once or twice.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.12.13 7:36

@tigger wrote:Cribsheets have been the order of the day in McCann-related events:

The A4 typed out timeline of the 3rd, distributed amongst the T9 to use in their early interviews with the PJ
The earlier statements made which ROB was allowed to consult and change in the rogatories

Wonder if that psychologist who testified early on had one asit seems he'd only seen them once or twice.
Also the crib that that was with KMs diary. That was undated but said to have been written in the Hilton in Berlin
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id166.html

It looks like a note for speaking with the PJ maybe on the phone? 

Undated, at the Hilton in Berlin

Scared wants to return
Fears for her fear
Reality suddenly binds
Never loved anyone this much (Note: this is written in the third person, as in 'he/she never loved anyone this much')
Never again able to be completely happy / enjoy something. I'm sorry to be asking some of these questions, but I am sure you will understand that our despair, particularly given the lack of information and resulting helplessness, may be somewhat mitigated if it gains some trust.

1. The following people were heard?

(I) teachers and all other officers of the school across the street from our apartment;
(II) all staff working in the Ocean Club Tapas bar / restaurant;
(III) [text cut]

[...]

the "reward"? (That was offered without our knowledge!)

5. How is the information from countries other than Portugal and the United Kingdom being processed? Is it being handled by local police forces in their countries of origin and then passed on to you? Is there a "route" for this information?
[illegible]
6. Was significant data collected by experts in mobile phone communications?

[...]

1. Inquiries
- School - ok
- Tapas restaurant - ok
- Child maintenance - ok
- Yvonne Warren - not that I know of

2. Rbt Murat? evidence? forensic results
why still under strong suspicion if forensic results were negative

3. Info relative to Madeleine? no

4. Reward - OK

5. Route for information from other countries?.

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 09.12.13 8:26

dantezebu wrote:
@tigger wrote:Cribsheets have been the order of the day in McCann-related events:

Also the crib that that was with KMs diary. That was undated but said to have been written in the Hilton in Berlin
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id166.html

It looks like a note for speaking with the PJ maybe on the phone? 

Undated, at the Hilton in Berlin

Scared wants to return
Fears for her fear
Reality suddenly binds
Never loved anyone this much (Note: this is written in the third person, as in 'he/she never loved anyone this much')
Never again able to be completely happy / enjoy something. I'm sorry to be asking some of these questions, but I am sure you will understand that our despair, particularly given the lack of information and resulting helplessness, may be somewhat mitigated if it gains some trust.

1. The following people were heard?

(I) teachers and all other officers of the school across the street from our apartment;
(II) all staff working in the Ocean Club Tapas bar / restaurant;
(III) [text cut]

[...]

the "reward"? (That was offered without our knowledge!)

5. How is the information from countries other than Portugal and the United Kingdom being processed? Is it being handled by local police forces in their countries of origin and then passed on to you? Is there a "route" for this information?
[illegible]
6. Was significant data collected by experts in mobile phone communications?

[...]

1. Inquiries
- School - ok
- Tapas restaurant - ok
- Child maintenance - ok
- Yvonne Warren - not that I know of

2. Rbt Murat? evidence? forensic results
why still under strong suspicion if forensic results were negative

3. Info relative to Madeleine? no

4. Reward - OK

5. Route for information from other countries?.
roses roses  Thank you! That clinches it, definitely from the planet Zog, to infiltrate the earthlings and rule them all. sad 

I'll check the link out later, never come across it before. What does Dante think, we need an 8th circle of hell? Zebu too seems a very intelligent dog and of course, very handsome if that's him in your avatar.
Chesterton wrote a poem from a dog's pov.
'They haven't go no noses, the fallen sons of Eve ..'

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Libel Trial

Post by Trust Your Instincts on 09.12.13 9:46

Thank you for the welcome UltimaThule.
I had decided to register, after many years of following you all, as I too believe we have reached very interesting times, finally. I also believe the research produced on this site has duly been noted by SY and those involved in Madeleines disappearance.

Trust Your Instincts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 09.12.13 9:55

@Okeydokey wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:
@ultimaThule wrote:
The Judge proposes that the last session with the allegations and  statements from the parties be fixed for the 18 December but changes this to 7 January 2014 which is the first date when all parties will be available.
What a long trial it's been! -
The longest one I've ever seen
For the lawyer's, it's fine
But what began in 0 - 9
Won't finish till 20 - 14.
We've seen similarly long trials and inquiries in the UK  depending on what the authorities feel about them.
Inquiries may well take years - in any country.

But can you name me one trial, or one legal case, that has taken anything remotely like five years to resolve? Especially in a matter of libel and alleged 'damaged reputation'?

I don't think you will, Okeydokey - but if you do know of one, please post up the details

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyB on 09.12.13 10:17

What about the McLibel trial, which lasted ten years?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/McLibel_case

AndyB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan on 09.12.13 15:56

Interesting to note that the McCann media trolls are still very active.  Just as the following 2010 telegraph article resurfaced:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/portugal/6974917/Madeleine-McCanns-death-covered-up-by-parents-who-faked-kidnap-court-hears.html

So we are treated to an update on the 29th October, written in the style of a legal letter, stating (in bold and at the very start of the article):  

"Update 29 October 2013: Since the publication of this article Gerry and Kate McCann have launched a libel action against former Portuguese detective Goncalo Amaral over his allegation that they were involved in the disappearance of their daughter. They vigorously deny the allegations which have been widely discredited. The libel case is ongoing."

What's equally amazing is the meek way in which the Telegraph has accepted without question the McCann press / lawyer statement using the words "...allegations which have been widely discredited." - an irresponsible statement given the current state of the Police Files in Portugal.

And so the re-writing of historical documents and press articles begins.  No longer are they a record of the past, a glimpse of what was reported or understood at a given moment in time.  They now appear to be under the editorship of Team McCann...

And what if the case goes against them? Will the Telegraph have to go back and issue an Update to its Update.  That's no way to keep an archive of articles. What on earth are the Telegraph playing at?

Bishop Brennan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 13.12.13 11:56

It seems The Telegraph is playing the same game as the rest of the UK mainstream media.  The silence is deafening but if you listen carefully you'll hear the sound of a clock .... tick tock as the RothleyPillowcase is wont to say.

This http://blacksmithbureau.blogspot.co.uk/ belongs on this thread as it brings the testimonies given by some witnesses for the McCanns out of the starkness of the written word into glorious technicolour of the type which shows every flaw.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE on 24.12.13 22:34

[ltr]@DaSteelMan     2h[/ltr]
My source in Lisbon tells me that Goncalo Amaral is sitting back in front of a roaring fire - smoking a fine cigar #Easy #McCann

thumbsup 

NickE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25.12.13 21:41

@sharonl wrote:One thing I have picked up from the trial is an exchange where one witness (can't remember which) states that Kate McCann became 'very depressed' (after learning of Amaral's book etc. etc.).

The judge appears to jump in very quickly and say: "This kind of evidence needs to be given by a doctor".

I can't see a doctor on the list of witnesses. The nearest we've got so far (and it's a long way away) is a 'psychologist'.

The original libel writ is full of dire information about all manner of depressive and emotional ailments, eating disorders, insomnia, permanent and irrational fear and anxiety, the list just goes on and on.

Why isn't a doctor being called to back up all these sensationalist claims in the writ?
Hi, I realise that you wrote this quite a long time ago, but I only joined the other day and just read it. There is an interview on Youtube with a Spanish psychologist (Cabrera sobre McCanns). It is in 3 parts - he speaks in Spanish, and the interviewer in Portuguese. I posted about this on a Yahoo news forum a few weeks ago, but notice that it has been mysteriously removed! Anyway, the interview was filmed shortly after the notorious Antena 3 interview in Spain, and in it Cabrera states that Kate has a deep psychiatric disorder, not a mere neurosis or depression, but something like bipolar. He states that she already had it before the abduction, and that she had received treatment for it. I was astonished as I had never read of this in the press before. All references to this seem to have disappeared, even on McCann files and Joana Morais. The McCanns subsequently threatened to sue him for his vicious attack, though this comment about Kate's pre-existing condition was not reported in the British press (as far as I am aware.) I don't know where he got his information from, or even if it was true, but he spoke with authority, and according to the interviewer he had 25 years experience working on difficult cases, and had been called to give opinion at trial many times. I was just thinking that if Kate is claiming that Amaral's book depressed her, she must surely provide her medical records, including ones from before the abduction, as it could well be that she was already depressed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26.12.13 11:18

Sorry, I should have said alleged "abduction".  winkwink

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 26.12.13 12:41

Babalou wrote:
@sharonl wrote:One thing I have picked up from the trial is an exchange where one witness (can't remember which) states that Kate McCann became 'very depressed' (after learning of Amaral's book etc. etc.)... [SNIPPED]
Hi, I realise that you wrote this quite a long time ago, but I only joined the other day and just read it. There is an interview on Youtube with a Spanish psychologist (Cabrera sobre McCanns). It is in 3 parts - he speaks in Spanish, and the interviewer in Portuguese. I posted about this on a Yahoo news forum a few weeks ago, but notice that it has been mysteriously removed! Anyway, the interview was filmed shortly after the notorious Antena 3 interview in Spain, and in it Cabrera states that Kate has a deep psychiatric disorder, not a mere neurosis or depression, but something like bipolar. He states that she already had it before the abduction, and that she had received treatment for it. I was astonished as I had never read of this in the press before. All references to this seem to have disappeared, even on McCann files and Joana Morais. The McCanns subsequently threatened to sue him for his vicious attack, though this comment about Kate's pre-existing condition was not reported in the British press (as far as I am aware.) I don't know where he got his information from, or even if it was true, but he spoke with authority, and according to the interviewer he had 25 years experience working on difficult cases, and had been called to give opinion at trial many times. I was just thinking that if Kate is claiming that Amaral's book depressed her, she must surely provide her medical records, including ones from before the abduction, as it could well be that she was already depressed.

Good morning, Babalou,

The YouTube interview in Spanish/Portuguese is still on YouTube, here:

I've not seen a translation of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeydxpI45dc

+++++++++

Here is the Antena 3 interview. I think that after the programme ended, viewers were invited to 'phone in, in a telephone poll, as to whether they thought the McCanns were telling the truth (or not):

The complete Antena 3 interview

Transcript by Nigel Moore

Robert Arce: (not shown on Sky News clip) After six months since the disappearance of Madeleine, how are you feeling? How is your strength?

Kate McCann: I feel lonely and, errm... life's obviously not as happy without Madeleine, errm... but, you know, I still have hope... we still have hope, errm...

Gerry McCann: Definitely. You know, we're still... she's out there, we believe that.

Kate McCann: I just feel anxious that she's out there and she's not with us.

RA: I want to ask about your other two children. How are they - Amelie and Sean - do they ask about Madeleine?

Kate McCann: I mean, they... they do ask about Madeleine and Madeleine was very much a big part of their life, errm... and they ask where she is but they're not upset, they're not distressed but they're obviously very aware that she's not there, especially being home, errm... and I guess it... it's hard for us, as parents, to imagine, errm... the fun they'd be having together, the three of them, if Madeleine was there, errm...

Gerry McCann: I think the hardest thing for me is when they... they say things to us like 'When is Madeleine coming back home?' and, you know, we have to say that we don't know but everyone's looking for her.

Kate McCann: Yeah, we say that, and I... I did say things like 'We're looking for her' and 'We're finding Madeleine' and things, and then... I mean Amelie said the other day, she just said, errm... it wasn't to me actually, it was to my friend, she just said 'Madeleine's coming home to my lovely house and I'm going to share my toys with her'.

RA: Question in Spanish

Kate McCann: I mean there's a couple of reasons why we haven't spoken, errm... there's obviously quite a lot that we haven't been able to... to speak about, in the last couple of months, errr... with circumstances, errm... and if I'm honest, I've been a little bit, errm... disheartened, disillusioned with the media coverage and I think now, I mean, you mentioned the six months, and it's... it's a long time to be without Madeleine and we believe she's out there and we just want to appeal again, once more, to the people of Portugal, Spain and North Africa to help us, really, and that's why we've got a new central phone number that people can ring, errm...

RA: Do you still maintain that Madeleine is alive?

Kate McCann: I do, maybe even more so, I strongly believe that Madeleine is out there, errm... I think she's probably in someone's house, I don't know why, errm... and I... I suppose it's a feeling but I feel, as Madeleine's mummy, I feel in my heart really that she's there and I don't... I don't believe Madeleine has been taken away fom us permanently. I don't believe that. Don't feel it.

Gerry McCann: I don't know who would harm her.

Kate McCann: I don't think anybody could harm someone as beautiful as Madeleine and I... I don't say beautiful as in her appearance, I mean beautiful as she is a beautiful little person and I don't think anybody would harm her.

Kate McCann: Just a happy little girl. A beautiful, happy little girl.

Gerry McCann: Just think of all the times... the nice times that we've had in our house, and her in playing, in the playroom with her... with her... the twins.

Kate McCann: Definitely. I mean, I think, you know, the public can help so much, I think, if people know something, if they can, errm... just, I guess, search their heart, really. Somebody knows something and they might not realise it, they might just suspect something but every... everybody can make a difference to this. It's not about us, we miss her like crazy, but this is Madeleine, this is a four-year-old girl, we haven't even seen her since she's been four. You know Madeleine's there and she needs our help. She needs to be with her family, you know...

Gerry McCann: As parents we're just... we're asking... as parents for people to try and reunite an innocent four-year-old girl with her parents.

Kate McCann: 100%. 100%.

Voice off-camera: Of everyone?

Kate McCann: Of our friends, yes.

Gerry McCann: Absolutely... and... but... you know, the same way that we will be eliminated, they will, as well. No doubt in my mind about that. We are much more optimistic about what Mr Ribeiro, the national director, and Mr Rebelo are saying that all lines of inquiry are open and we know, because of our... we know we are innocent, we know that she was taken.

Gerry McCann: We can't really talk in detail about the arguido status but I... the way I understand it is, the arguido status is to give... defend your own rights, so if the police want to ask questions, difficult questions, they have to make you arguido, so, that, in itself, isn't a problem. We've not been charged with anything, the investigation continues and we will be eliminated and the key thing is: Madeleine is out there, and everyone...

Kate McCann: And, as traumatic as it's been, it's secondary, it really is secondary. I'll take anything that's thrown at me but number one is getting my daughter back, without doubt.

RA: Many people are asking here in Spain if you, the parents, have been unjustly accused about the disappearance of your daughter and do you think the reaction should have been more open and less cold?

Gerry McCann: I think it's hard, errm... if people are reading everyday that someone has done something, or is guilty of something, it's hard to ignore it but, you know, we've always said... always said that, you know, we will wait for the facts and... and to look at what the official statements are saying and that scenario hasn't changed, errm... I don't know how some of the things have been published, errr... and we have asked for responsible reporting, errm... and we still ask for that but the key thing, for us, is finding out where Madeleine is.

Kate McCann: After being made arguido? You know, we know the truth. I know I'm innocent. Gerry knows he's innocent. We know each other are innocent and that to me, it... it was actually quite calming, 'cause I thought, we're innocent, we're totally innocent and we know that and...

Gerry McCann: I think, as well, that you've got to remember, it was, errm... it was over four months since Madeleine disappeared and nothing, nothing that's happened to us in this time...

Kate McCann: That's right.

Gerry McCann: ... has come close to upsetting us the way we felt when we discovered Madeleine missing.

Kate McCann: Well, they're not gonna show anything to implicate us, so I'm not... you know, I'm not concerned, if I'm honest.

Gerry McCann: We're certainly not scared, you know, if there is anything in the DNA results and we don't know them and we... we cannot know them, and I don't believe anyone in the press knows them either, but there is nothing in those DNA tests, related to Kate and I, that will show anything other than completely innocent. Errm... Whether that is enough to eliminate us, I don't know, but we will be eliminated, I'm confident of that because we have done nothing.

RA: Question is Spanish

Kate McCann: I mean it's 'Please help us'; 'Please help us as a family'; 'Please help us find Madeleine'; 'Please help Madeleine'; 'Please, if you know any information at all, or you suspect anything, no matter how small, please, you know, just... find it in yourself, really, have that courage to make that call to the new number and help us bring Madeleine home'.

Gerry McCann: I... I don't think so, errr... that it is bad. We... you know, she's been missing for almost six months now and the longer that goes on the more, errm... high risk or aggressive the strategy for us is. We have waited and been incredibly patient. Clearly the media attention has never gone away...

Kate McCann: Yeah...

Gerry McCann: ...it's never gone away...

Kate McCann: I mean, we haven't spoken for long and, it... you know...

Gerry McCann: ...and, errm...

Kate McCann: ...day after day Madeleine's in the paper, or on the front page, and we've said nothing.

Kate McCann: It's a little bit like as I mentioned before, she was very happy, errm... and very loving and, you know, I know Madeleine was very happy with her life. She's special.

RA: You were the last one to see Madeleine because Gerry was playing tennis. Is that right?

Kate McCann: I can't...

Gerry McCann: I saw her... I saw her and, errm... I thought how beautiful she was and how lucky I was to be the father of three children.

RA: You deny that you have ever given your children sedatives to make them sleep?

Kate McCann: You know, I'm not even going to answer that question, I'm afraid...

Gerry McCann: I mean, that... it's ludicrous and, you know, these sort of questions, and the publishing of them, are nonsense and we shouldn't be giving them the time of day. There is absolutely no suggestion, errm... that Madeleine or the children were drugged and it's outrageous.

Kate McCann: All I'm going to say is: I'm Madeleine's mummy, I know she was taken from that apartment and she's out there and I want her back. I mean that... that is all, I mean, everything else, I'm sorry, is... is rubbish.

Kate McCann: What do you think? We're very close.

Gerry McCann: We're completely together in this and we're united in the search for Madeleine... our... our daughter.

RA: Is there anything that you regret?

Gerry McCann: Not from the minute we found her gone.

RA: In Spain everyone hopes that Madeleine returns to you alive and well

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26.12.13 13:09

Hi Tony, thank you for the reply - yes, the video is still on Youtube, it is my discussion of it that has been removed from Yahoo. (You are correct about the Antena 3 interview and the poll afterwards in which 70% of the audience thought that the McCanns were lying!) The strange thing about the Cabrera clip is that there is no full translation of it online that I can find - the ones that I have seen completely ignore the claims about Kate's alleged prior mental condition. Cabrera clearly states that she was KNOWN to have had a psychiatric disturbance - some kind of profound affective disorder along the lines of bipolar or unipolar depression for which she had received treatment! Given that people like Carlos Anjos were in the studio audience, I wonder whether this was a leak from the PJ? Did they ever get to see her medical records? I know there were always rumours that they thought that Kate had some kind of mental illness. In any case, the McCanns threatened to sue Cabrera - there was a stand-off between him and CM on a later interview in which Cabrera got the better of him, and the claims have never resurfaced. All very intriguing, but I think it is an absolute must that Kate provides medical records from before the "abduction" if she wishes to allege that Amaral's book has caused her to become depressed. Of course with the McCanns' connections, the medical records will have been nicely sanitised by now, no doubt!

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE on 26.12.13 22:12

Did the judge in Lisbon rejected Kate's evidence about her mental health?
The judge argued that the diagnosis made ​​by a psychologist and not a doctor?!?
Or,am I wrong?

NickE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26.12.13 22:26

Hi NickE - I have to confess that I am not that well-informed on the libel trial (hence me reading this excellent thread to gen up), but I would love to know the answer to your question.  Wasn't the guy that testified for them just some kind of crisis counsellor? Claims of "depression" etc, would SURELY have to be backed up by medical notes/testimony of a qualified medical practitioner, and it should be proven that the depression was not a pre-existing condition.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum