The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

MADDIE COPS PRIME SUSPECT BLUNDER- tomorrows MIRROR 28/12/13

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: MADDIE COPS PRIME SUSPECT BLUNDER- tomorrows MIRROR 28/12/13

Post by SixMillionQuid on 28.12.13 15:58

@jeanmonroe wrote:
@SixMillionQuid wrote:
@Smokeandmirrors wrote:When did the McCanns release this Tannerman drawing? Was it AFTER the real Crecheman came forward, they maybe got wind of his description and THAT is why Jane's memory improved and they commissioned the sketch?

Leicester police were corresponding with Ricardo Paiva in October 2007 regarding Janes sighting and the FBI sketch. You can also see the McCann Powerpoint slides
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/POWERPOINT.htm

Crecheman isn't mentioned at all and when they were discussing Gail Coopers sighting a few months later he still isnt mentioned.
So Im curoius to know what alibi Mr Redwood was looking when he came to conclusion Jane's sighting was a case of mistaken identity because the above email exchange would not have taken place and he would have been eliminated from the process back in 2007.

Redwood can't find a suitable patsy, and he's tried!

Memo to Redwood: TRY GREGGS!

Oh i thought you said pasty!
 big grin

"It is my belief that Scotland Yard was set out on a mission, not one to find out what happened to Madeleine McCann but to rewrite the history of the case in such a way that the majority of the public simply forgets the past." - The Pat Brown Criminal Profiling Agency

SixMillionQuid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web on 28.12.13 16:00

@Mirage wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:
@Mirage wrote:
@Tangled Web wrote:
@Mirage wrote:
@Tangled Web wrote:Very interesting Mirage!
Thank you. I have been taking lessons from Hobs!!! I'm looking at what is actually being said, rather than what I think has been said. All that I have quoted bears close examination and I can imagine Hobs would have a field day with this and the rest of what AR amd Amroliwala are saying. Are they saying the same things even? 

It just takes ages to transcribe it all accurately and that is all I can manage for the time being..

I have had a look but are there any night crèche records???

An extremely interesting point, Tangled Web. I have never heard of one being mentioned. Neither have I heard it denied that one was kept. Maybe it constitutes part of the 20% of files kept back by the PJ?

On the basis that Redwood is able to tell us eight families had a total of eleven children in creche that night I can only assume there was a record of sorts somewhere. Given the daytime regime of signing children in, would it have been a similar system at night? In view of them dealing with sleepy children with no activities to contend with, it must have been a less fraught handover. One that should surely have been overseen more meticulously at night.

I can't see the need for showing the records of other institutions or organisations. If the T9 didn't use these facilities, then there is no legal reason for them to be put in the public domain. Where would it stop? With crèches within a three-mile radius of the Ocean Club?

You have certainly identified one reason why night records might have been held back. There may be other reasons too for all any of us know.That their existence has not been previously alluded to is a matter of interest within that context.

On your point of putting information in the public domain, I wouldn't have expected Redwood to furnish the public with anything other than the salient information on CW: that is to say, the information pertaining to the man specifically and exclusively involved in the Tanner sighting. But Redwood himself took it to the next level by gratuitously  informing the public, or maybe the McCanns in the TV studio, or maybe the tapas group viewing at home, that there were eight families and eleven children using the night creche on that particular night. And that after the passage of 6.5 years of silence on the subject.

I certainly find that a matter of interest and worthy of comment.

Me too. The numbers of families and children almost reflect that of the Tapas group. Coincidence? It's definitely relevant as the crèche was 'operating from the main Ocean Club reception' as per AR. Now, surely all of these parents will have been interviewed and how likely is it that none of them saw anything of interest that night? Eight families collecting children at, presumably various times throughout that evening very near the apartment...

Tangled Web

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 28.12.13 16:06

From the MIRROR 'exclusive"

His two-year-old’s pink pyjamas, which were described by Ms Tanner, were also brought to Scotland Yard to help prove his innocence.

CLEAREDMAN must have taken the wrong pyjamas to be photographed by SY!

Because the ones he took, to the Yard, were solid ORANGE top and BLUE bottoms!

NOT, as the super investgating team at the Mirror said, (and JT) "his two years old PINK pyjamas"!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 28.12.13 16:07

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:Andy Redwood ruled out Tannerman in October but the McCanns are STILL promoting it.

And a Question:

When did the McCanns release this Tannerman drawing? Was it AFTER the real Crecheman came forward, they maybe got wind of his description and THAT is why Jane's memory improved and they commissioned the sketch?
Your first point, I know it unfathomable! WHY is 'the suspect that never was' still on their site? Things get beyond bizarre with this case. 

To question your question. Surely they couldn't have got away with that without involving Crecheman himself? It could have all blown up spectacularly in their faces. Surely?  bomb

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 28.12.13 16:18

Daisy wrote:
"Surely they couldn't have got away with that without involving Crecheman himself? It could have all blown up spectacularly in their faces"

Surely would have!

No JT to 'see' the 'abductor' carrying Madeleine off, or describing Madeleine's 'pj's' in minute 'detail'.(which she didn't 'know' about,  winkwink  winkwink )

NO crecheman= NO 'abductor' = NO McCann 'thesis' = 'blown up alibi and 'evidence' proof that any 'abduction'' ever took place'.

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SixMillionQuid on 28.12.13 16:25

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:
@SixMillionQuid wrote:
@Smokeandmirrors wrote:When did the McCanns release this Tannerman drawing? Was it AFTER the real Crecheman came forward, they maybe got wind of his description and THAT is why Jane's memory improved and they commissioned the sketch?

Leicester police were corresponding with Ricardo Paiva in October 2007 regarding Janes sighting and the FBI sketch. You can also see the McCann Powerpoint slides
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/POWERPOINT.htm

Crecheman isn't mentioned at all and when they were discussing Gail Coopers sighting a few months later he still isnt mentioned.
So Im curoius to know what alibi Mr Redwood was looking when he came to conclusion Jane's sighting was a case of mistaken identity because the above email exchange would not have taken place and he would have been eliminated from the process back in 2007.

Thank you so much for posting that up. So we are looking at October 2007 for the sketch, and Crecheman said he came forward in 2007.

If he came forward BEFORE October, then that's interesting. CW had him pictured the way JT's REVISED statement had him, I wonder if HIS version of events had him walking that way, or not? And I wonder did he come forward to the PJ or to Brit police on his return?
I wish your questions could be answered but I suspect they wont be right now.

"It is my belief that Scotland Yard was set out on a mission, not one to find out what happened to Madeleine McCann but to rewrite the history of the case in such a way that the majority of the public simply forgets the past." - The Pat Brown Criminal Profiling Agency

SixMillionQuid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 28.12.13 16:32

@jeanmonroe wrote:Daisy wrote:
"Surely they couldn't have got away with that without involving Crecheman himself? It could have all blown up spectacularly in their faces"

Surely would have!

No JT to 'see' the 'abductor' or Madeleine's 'pj's' in minute 'detail'.

NO crecheman= NO 'abductor' = NO McCann 'thesis' = 'blown up alibi and 'evidence' proof that any 'abduction'' ever took place'.

Well this has got me wondering whether Jane DID see something, i.e. bundle man originally going the other way, and then she was pushed to say that whoever she saw was carrying a child (bundle man could have existed but carrying anything, let's not forget - the holiday accommodation in that area is mixed in with normal residential property, it's not a designated resort, and people can go about their own business without Tapas 7 interference).

The factors that need unravelling are:

When did Jane change the direction of Tannerman?
When did they first point to Murat?
Did someone tell the Tapas Mob that someone had come forward (Crecheman) and when EXACTLY did he come forward?
What had Murat said/heard that made them want to get him suspected?

I suspect in the very immediate aftermath of a week or two, John Hill, Embassy, Woolfall and all the rest were going between the Tapas Mob and the police. I'm guessing the Tapas got "useable" information through exploiting goodwill.

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 28.12.13 17:02

@Cristobell wrote:
@SixMillionQuid wrote:
@Cristobell wrote:
@SixMillionQuid wrote:
candyfloss wrote:Hmmm, and are we to believe this is a 2 year old?
Yep, wearing pyjama bottoms similar to Madeliene's.

They are nothing like the jammies worn by the child the 'genuine' father was carrying.  The PJs shown on CW had a solid pink turnups, which would have been far easier to see than the fine detail Jane described.
Two Articles I posted earlier.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2460669/Madeleine-McCann-kidnapping-innocent-British-father-mistaken-key-suspect.html

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id30.html

The McCannfiles one is from 2007 when the parents were showing to world the clothes Madeleine were said to be wearing. Both pyjama bottoms are pattern based. Were designs like these that popular in PdL in 2007? You either have to accept that either Jane Tanner & Co made up the sighting in which case SY Crecheman must be made up too or Jane actually saw this guy carrying this child in which case she got the description fairly accurately.

Thanks for the links.  Unfortunately the pic did not show the bottom of the PJs.  I remember seeing them on CW and the bottoms, the turnups, were a solid colour, pink I believe.  It confirmed to me that Jane was lying.  She gave specific details of Madeleine's pyjamas, that she had never seen before, thus confirming to Kate and Gerry the child must have been Madeleine.  The bottoms of the pyjamas worn by the 'genuine' child had a solid line, not a delicate flower pattern and would have been much easier to see in the dim light, ergo Jane was lying.
Sorry if this comes across as nitpicking but I'm a stickler for facts. Can you show me a picture of K&G on CW (or anywhere else for that matter) showing different PJ's to this:

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 28.12.13 17:04

@Hongkong Phooey wrote:
@Cristobell wrote:
@Hongkong Phooey wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:
@Hongkong Phooey wrote:To my mind this is just McSpin with the libel trial just around the corner..

But why would Mitchell or TM get the Mirror to re-release a Mail article from 13 October, knowing not only that it would be quickly identified as such, but that it would bring the entire story, not back into the forefront of discussion, but into total disrepute, and subject to ridicule and opprobrium.
It is that which I do not fully understand.

I can see why he would invent a story the first time, but to repeat it . . .?
The masses are fairly ignorant of this case,  the story is regurgitated to remind them that the cops sre a bunch of bungling oafs and even if they lose the libel case the cops are wrong. The believers will believe.

Hope not Mr Phooey, we must remember that the masses now have access to the internet and those who faithfully buy the Daily Mirror every day will become ever more disillusioned, especially with a 'popular' story like the McCanns, where they may feel they have been deliberately misled, especially those who have donated to the Fund.  
There are still a large number of people who refuse to believe the doctors could could conduct such a ghastly act as hiding a body etc. Most are willing to accept 'something' is not right but that's as far as it goes, it's all very well saying that they have access to the internet but there is still a considerable body of people who will not entertain anything other than the poor parents.

Sadly you are right, many still not prepared to believe doctors could be capable of such things.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 28.12.13 17:09

@Daisy wrote:
@Cristobell wrote:
@SixMillionQuid wrote:
@Cristobell wrote:
@SixMillionQuid wrote:

They are nothing like the jammies worn by the child the 'genuine' father was carrying.  The PJs shown on CW had a solid pink turnups, which would have been far easier to see than the fine detail Jane described.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2460669/Madeleine-McCann-kidnapping-innocent-British-father-mistaken-key-suspect.html

The McCannfiles one is from 2007 when the parents were showing to world the clothes Madeleine were said to be wearing. Both pyjama bottoms are pattern based. Were designs like these that popular in PdL in 2007? You either have to accept that either Jane Tanner & Co made up the sighting in which case SY Crecheman must be made up too or Jane actually saw this guy carrying this child in which case she got the description fairly accurately.

Thanks for the links.  Unfortunately the pic did not show the bottom of the PJs.  I remember seeing them on CW and the bottoms, the turnups, were a solid colour, pink I believe.  It confirmed to me that Jane was lying.  She gave specific details of Madeleine's pyjamas, that she had never seen before, thus confirming to Kate and Gerry the child must have been Madeleine.  The bottoms of the pyjamas worn by the 'genuine' child had a solid line, not a delicate flower pattern and would have been much easier to see in the dim light, ergo Jane was lying.
Sorry if this comes across as nitpicking but I'm a stickler for facts. Can you show me a picture of K&G on CW (or anywhere else for that matter) showing different PJ's to this:

I'm afraid not Daisy, I have very limited technical skills. I was hoping that someone else might have remembered seeing the pyjamas on CW, or that they may be able to provide a still.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 28.12.13 17:23

I always wondered WHY they then made such a big thing about the pyjamas. If she was abducted, she wouldn't have been wearing them anymore by that time. All the time people were searching in PdL, they would have been alerted to ANY young child in any clothing, whilst wondering around in the dark in the streets or in the roughlands, as well as to any [sadly] dead child to be found. The only thing I can imagine, is possibly to distract from white longsleeved pyjamas ...

Am reminded now again of DP statements, that he saw all three children, looking angelic in predominantly WHITE pyjamas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 28.12.13 17:30

@Cristobell wrote:
@Daisy wrote:
@Cristobell wrote:
@SixMillionQuid wrote:
@Cristobell wrote:
@SixMillionQuid wrote:

I'm afraid not Daisy, I have very limited technical skills.  I was hoping that someone else might have remembered seeing the pyjamas on CW, or that they may be able to provide a still.
That's a pity Cristobell, because that would prove a most definite lie. Like you say, hopefully someone will have CW recorded. Are you referring to the latest CW (Oct 2013) btw?

Unknown

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 28.12.13 17:33

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyJwns_MTok

This is the October Crimewatch programme.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthWillOut on 28.12.13 17:36

@Cristobell wrote:I'm afraid not Daisy, I have very limited technical skills. I was hoping that someone else might have remembered seeing the pyjamas on CW, or that they may be able to provide a still.

I have CW on my V+ box right now. The pyjamas shown to my eyes are a bluish colour (shown next to a white blanket) with a pink pattern, maybe teddy bears and solid pink elasticated 'cuffs' at the bottom of the legs.

HTH.

TheTruthWillOut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 28.12.13 17:37

I think there may be a little misunderstanding evolving here. CW showed the Crechefather's child's pyjamas, a photo of which is on http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2460669/Madeleine-McCann-kidnapping-innocent-British-father-mistaken-key-suspect.html

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterion on 28.12.13 17:47

If the innocent dad existed, then why has he not been named? Why is he not hot property for the MSM? "The man was mistakenly identified as Madeleine`s abductor" a possible headline?

mysterion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 28.12.13 17:47

@TheTruthWillOut wrote:
@Cristobell wrote:I'm afraid not Daisy, I have very limited technical skills. I was hoping that someone else might have remembered seeing the pyjamas on CW, or that they may be able to provide a still.

I have CW on my V+ box right now. The pyjamas shown to my eyes are a bluish colour (shown next to a white blanket) with a pink pattern, maybe teddy bears and solid pink elasticated 'cuffs' at the bottom of the legs.

HTH.

Thank you TTWO, thats what I remember seeing. They are nothing like the pyjamas Kate held up to the camera.

The McCanns have made a big deal of Jane recognising pyjamas that she had never seen before. The pyjamas she described did indeed match Madeleine's but they are not the ones worn by the 'genuine' child carried by the innocent tourist. In fact they are markedly different. It looks as though Jane's description of the pyjamas were retro-fitted to match the ones Madeleine was wearing.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan on 28.12.13 17:48

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:

Well this has got me wondering whether Jane DID see something, i.e. bundle man originally going the other way

I think I'd agree with this.  My suspicion is that she did see someone carrying a kid - but not at 9.15pm and not where she said she did.   After talking with Gerry, maybe she was persuaded to move her sighting to a different time / place. It was just too big a story to make up from nothing.  

If that is true - then that means that SY have located JT's TRUE sighting - AND that they now know that she moved him in time and place. It explains why crecheman was not instantly recognised as Tannerman (wrong time / place), and why Redwood was confident enough to remove Tannerman on CW.  

These developments, and this (repeated) article, is bad news for Team McCann because it further underlines that Tannerman was not the abductor; that she did not disappear at 9.15pm; and no-one has an alibi. And of course it reminds the public just how out of date the official website now is...  

(But of course it still doesn't rule out some kind of whitewash with Tractorman (or similar) being paraded as the abductor)

Bishop Brennan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthWillOut on 28.12.13 17:52

Forgive the poor phone camera picture. The blanket is defo white! *warning* BIG picture when enlarged!

TheTruthWillOut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 28.12.13 18:00

@TheTruthWillOut wrote:Forgive the poor phone camera picture. The blanket is defo white! *warning* BIG picture when enlarged!

Fantastic TTWO! Those are the pyjamas and they are completely different to those described by Jane Tanner. The pink cuffs on the bottom are quite distinctive and could in no way be described as a delicate pattern on a white background nor indeed are they anything like the pyjamas held up by Kate.

Again, we are told Jane Tanner had never seen the pyjamas owned by Madeleine prior to the 'abduction', is it a coincidence that she described them exactly rather than the ones worn by the 'genuine' child.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ProfessorPPlum on 28.12.13 18:04

@Mirage wrote: I did venture on to the Official FB page recently, Cristobell, and there is a message from the webmaster saying there have been questions regarding the online store being unavailable and people wondering when will it be available again. It goes on to say Google Checkout was retired on 21 November and because Google Checkout is no longer available, (????? anyone know what this means?)  they are redesigning the online store with another merchant system

I know that Google Checkout WAS retired just recently which would require that any online store using it would have to change to another payment gateway thingy (very technical, I know). Google Checkout was replaced / superceded by 'Google Wallet' which the McCann store would have to try to set up OR they may have then chosen to go with PayPal instead (which would have come with its own rigamarole).

I'm not very experienced in online commerce but I can tell you that, after about 20 minutes trying to research Google Wallet (assuming I wanted to use it instead of 'Checkout') I was completely lost.

PayPal (by comparison) seemed like it would be simpler to set up... but since I'm not setting up either, I can't be sure.

I guess what I'm saying is that a bedroom webmaster might really struggle to get their head round Google Wallet whereas you'd think it would be straightforward for any professional web developer. If it's all down to young(ish) Calum McC, then it *could* explain the delay.

ProfessorPPlum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan on 28.12.13 18:08

On the back of the article, the McCann's have two options I think:

1. Change the website immediately, agreeing that the police were 'bunglers' and so it wasn't their fault that the website is wrong

2. Leave the website unchanged.

The problem is that if they remove Tannerman, they remove everything... bedroom doors being moved / abductors hiding behind doors / Jane's story / matching pyjamas... The website then has to reflect Crimewatch - (Smithman / charity collectors / lurking men). No actual abductor - no time of abduction.

But if they leave the website, it looks ever more suspicious to the public. Many supporters are likely to wonder why they stick to the 9.15 tannerman story - it would seem very inappropriate given the "discoveries" from 2007 and now from SY.

So they are between a rock and a hard place... Eyes on the website to see which option they choose.

Bishop Brennan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 28.12.13 18:11

Their eagerness for OPM (Other peoples money) wouldn't allow 3 weeks of delay. It could be set up in minutes, or at the most, hours.

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthWillOut on 28.12.13 18:18

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:Their eagerness for OPM (Other peoples money) wouldn't allow 3 weeks of delay. It could be set up in minutes, or at the most, hours.

I was just thinking the same. The original website was up in days wasn't it? 5-6 weeks and counting to update the payment system sounds like an excuse.

A webmaster would also have known and/or been reminded about the 'retiring' of the payment system and plan a course of action in advance.

TheTruthWillOut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 28.12.13 18:22

@TheTruthWillOut wrote:
@Smokeandmirrors wrote:Their eagerness for OPM (Other peoples money) wouldn't allow 3 weeks of delay. It could be set up in minutes, or at the most, hours.

I was just thinking the same. The original website was up in days wasn't it? 5-6 weeks and counting to update the payment system sounds like an excuse.

A webmaster would also have known and/or been reminded about the 'retiring' of the payment system and plan a course of action in advance.

Exactly. Someone's told them with two police forces doing a proper investigation, that they can't collect money for supporting the family any more. No excuse for skanking off the public anymore.

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum