The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

SY are not influenced by money and status?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: SY are not influenced by money and status?

Post by Miraflores on 23.12.13 19:07

Almost everyone over 60 (and some much younger) in this country, pick up carrier bags full of prescription drugs every month,

Er, not me or my husband!

Miraflores

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 on 23.12.13 19:11

Good posts that have opened many debates.

I feel my point was missed some what.  Saatchi was obviously very angry and in my mind wanted to slander Nigella in a way she could not come back with in a libel case.  He did then his case collapsed.

I personally believe the case was complete rubbish from the beginning, sour grapes at best.  His Italian PA's sung like birds to confirm the drug use then were acquitted.

We have then the SY statement that she would would not be investigated for Cocaine. Her career should be ruined but it doesn't happen. 

After the case collapses and she keeps her jobs on TV then suddenly SY want to investigate her.

I have taken Cocaine in my youth, SY feel free to investigate me.  I regret my past but will fully admit it to anyone.

Pershing36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.12.13 19:12

@Miraflores wrote:
Almost everyone over 60 (and some much younger) in this country, pick up carrier bags full of prescription drugs every month,

I have, here in France. And I've been giving them back to the "pharmacie" ...  big grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 23.12.13 19:14

@Pershing36 wrote:Good posts that have opened many debates.

I feel my point was missed some what.  Saatchi was obviously very angry and in my mind wanted to slander Nigella in a way she could not come back with in a libel case.  He did then his case collapsed.

I personally believe the case was complete rubbish from the beginning, sour grapes at best.  His Italian PA's sung like birds to confirm the drug use then were acquitted.

We have then the SY statement that she would would not be investigated for Cocaine. Her career should be ruined but it doesn't happen. 

After the case collapses and she keeps her jobs on TV then suddenly SY want to investigate her.

I have taken Cocaine in my youth, SY feel free to investigate me.  I regret my past but will fully admit it to anyone.
Sadly I think you are right, her husband is behaving like a man scorned.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 23.12.13 19:20

@Miraflores wrote:

I'm delighted to hear it Miraflores  smilie Perhaps I should say too many over 60's are taking enormous amounts of prescription medication. Unfortunately doctors simply do not have the time to explain the patient's condition or healthy ways in which to deal with it, it is easier to write out a prescription, and a patient does not feel 'satisfied' unless they go away with a bag of pills.  This is not restricted to over 60's by the way.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 24.12.13 0:05

yes let's give free drugs to anybody who wants to get off their face and neglect their kids and possibly abuse them.   Many people become violent with drugs in their system so what a good idea to encourage this by giving free drugs to them.   No crime committed if drugs given for free, tell that to the women/men whose partners beat them up while off their heads.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow on 24.12.13 0:15

@plebgate wrote:yes let's give free drugs to anybody who wants to get off their face and neglect their kids and possibly abuse them.   Many people become violent with drugs in their system so what a good idea to encourage this by giving free drugs to them.   No crime committed if drugs given for free, tell that to the women/men whose partners beat them up while off their heads.
Crime would tumble overnight if drugs were prescribed to ADDICTS.
People will take drugs whether they are legal or illegal.

notlongnow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 24.12.13 0:17

@notlongnow wrote:
@plebgate wrote:yes let's give free drugs to anybody who wants to get off their face and neglect their kids and possibly abuse them.   Many people become violent with drugs in their system so what a good idea to encourage this by giving free drugs to them.   No crime committed if drugs given for free, tell that to the women/men whose partners beat them up while off their heads.
People on prescription drugs can also be violent and it has been known for addicts to leave their prescribed drugs (Methadone) around the house and children have taken it and died.

Why should the tax payer foot the bill for their habit?

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow on 24.12.13 0:22

@plebgate wrote:
@notlongnow wrote:
People on prescription drugs can also be violent and it has been known for addicts to leave their prescribed drugs (Methadone) around the house and children have taken it and died.

Why should the tax payer foot the bill for their habit?
How much do you think the cost of an addict are at present?
Drs,probation,police,prison officers,theft is a lot more than giving addicts drugs.

A lot of woman/children and men are battered ,killed, driven over each year but everyone is fine with alcohol.

notlongnow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 24.12.13 0:27

Right people are abused, beaten etc. because of alcohol and drugs.  So instead of giving it to people for free, why not punish them because they have broken the law.    Give out a really strong message that it is unacceptable behaviour, but oh no, we have to give the people drugs for free because they have a habit.  Oh dear let the working fools get up at 7 o'clock to go to work for 8 hours a day and more so that addicts can stay in their drug induced stupours because the liberal minded think they should be able to do as they like with no consequences.

That's the end of my contribution to the drug related threads.    If people want to mess up their lives and the lives of their "nearest and dearest" let them, but the tax payer should not foot the bill for it.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24.12.13 0:30

You don't seem to see that it's cost-effective.
Well ...
Good night all :-)
sleep well.

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow on 24.12.13 0:33

@plebgate wrote:Right people are abused, beaten etc. because of alcohol and drugs.  So instead of giving it to people for free, why not punish them because they have broken the law.    Give out a really strong message that it is unacceptable behaviour, but oh no, we have to give the people drugs for free because they have a habit.  Oh dear let the working fools get up at 7 o'clock to go to work for 8 hours a day and more so that addicts can stay in their drug induced stupours because the liberal minded think they should be able to do as they like with no consequences.

That's the end of my contribution to the drug related threads.    If people want to mess up their lives and the lives of their "nearest and dearest" let them, but the tax payer should not foot the bill for it.
If prison worked for addicts i'd agree..But it doesn't.
Stiff sentances were handed out in the 80s and it made no difference.
Giving addicts free drugs has a far better chance of working and financially will be massively cheaper let alone some piece of mind for people who are victums of drug related crimes.

Until someone can show me a better option.

notlongnow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 24.12.13 0:46

The biggest drug dealers in society are the pharmaceutical companies in my experience.

I'm supposed to take several drugs a day, including statins (no way!) but I refuse and use my own herbal medication, it suits me much better than the synthetic stuff prescribed.   yes So far so good.

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 24.12.13 8:46

Châtelaine wrote:You don't seem to see that it's cost-effective.
Well ...
sleep well.
Who says that there is any cost effectiveness involved.

IF any savings were to be made and the cost of setting up clinics, staffing them and paying high prices to pharmaceutical firms to produce the free drugs (which would be the case) the figures would have to include those who would make themselves addicts to get the free drugs.

While we are thinking about it why not take into account the drug addicts from the rest of EU who would come to Britain for free drugs and we would not be able to stop them.    They would bring their families and then social housing would have to be provided, income benefits, family allowance for the children they already have and more to follow possibly, school places having to be found, drain on water and our other resources,  who exactly thinks this barmy idea (imo) would be cost effective?

While we are at it why not provide free alcohol to alcoholics so they do not commit crimes to feed their habit.

What about gamblers, why not give them free money so they do not commit crimes to feed their habit.

Can't treat one group differently, the EU rules have made sure of that.   Bring all addicts to Britain and let the working fools pay for the lot of them.  What a great idea.   NOT imo of course.

Under human rights laws we would not be able to turn away EU members who are addicts, how can that be called cost effective?   There is no guarantee that the crime rate would drop either, so a bad idea  all around i believe.

ETA that deffo is my last  post on the matter.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow on 24.12.13 11:33

@plebgate wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:You don't seem to see that it's cost-effective.
Well ...
sleep well.
Who says that there is any cost effectiveness involved.

IF any savings were to be made and the cost of setting up clinics, staffing them and paying high prices to pharmaceutical firms to produce the free drugs (which would be the case) the figures would have to include those who would make themselves addicts to get the free drugs.

While we are at it why not provide free alcohol to alcoholics so they do not commit crimes to feed their habit.

ETA that deffo is my last  post on the matter.
Do you realise how many thousands a year it costs to keep someone in prison?
Also heroin/crack are not cheap.Lots of crime to pay for them.
Lots of money on probation,prison officers,police etc...

Chemist drugs cost pennies.

----------------------------
Most alcoholics crimes do not involve mugging,shoplifting etc it is usuallly the behaviour from the drink that causes problems.

As to no guarantee that crime would come down that is a ridiculous statement,
Do you think addicts are committing crime for fun or desperation?

You could shut a lot of prisons down overnight if this was brought in.

Please remember i'm suggesting this for ADDICTS and not so mrs smith at No. 48 can pop into boots to try some crack.

notlongnow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum