The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

SPOTTING THE MCCANNS' LIES

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: SPOTTING THE MCCANNS' LIES

Post by Guest on 23.12.13 16:30

IIRC it was a.o. ultimaThule who some advice, which IMO was rather sound. I don't know if s/he has a degree in law, but from what I've read so far, she's certainly not a novice ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 23.12.13 16:34

candyfloss wrote:Why would you be slapped for making a valid point Aquila, which I tend to agree with.  I don't think I have seen a 'legal expert' say such a thing, unless I missed it?  I will re-read this thread again, to see if I missed it.
With respect, may I suggest you read my post again.  It was a generic statement, I was referring to expertS, plural, the forum en masse, my implied message was 'we are a welcoming place, please feel free to ask questions'.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 23.12.13 16:35

Châtelaine wrote:IIRC it was a.o. ultimaThule who some advice, which IMO was rather sound. I don't know if s/he has a degree in law, but from what I've read so far, she's certainly not a novice ...
Yes, I too read UltimaThule's post in that way.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 23.12.13 16:36

@Cristobell wrote:Forgive me for not reposting everything in its entirety.  Your problem is with my reference to 'our wonderful experts' and you would like me to qualify this.

It is clear to most readers of this site that many of us have studied the case of Missing Madeleine McCann for many years - Longer than it would take to do a Degree or even a Masters.  We all come from different backgrounds, and have particular areas of expertise Petermac for example spent many years as a serving police officer and clearly gives a well informed and educated opinion when he posts.  I have no idea of his qualifications, but I respect him as an intellectual and academic. Petermac is one of many, we have linguists, we experts in body language, we have analysts, accountants, lawyers, experts in most if not all fields. It is not necessary to wave a Certificate in the air to declare oneself an expert, simply by studying a subject in depth, one becomes an expert.
Come on Cristobell, answer a simple question. Please don't deflect from the original question and quote others on the forum.

Please qualify what you said and remember that your post was in reply to jcloth who was worried about the legality of his video and had a reply from ultimaThule who has never qualified himself/herself as a legal expert - in fact ultimaThule has denied to reveal any legal background.

I hope our wonderful experts here have been able to put your mind at rest on the legal side.

Please qualify this statement you made. I'm also miffed at the declaration of 'our' wonderful experts.

You see Cristobell, I don't find these 'corporate' comments in anyway helpful to finding truth and justice for Madeleine. I do hope you understand why I'm asking for qualification of such a remark.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 23.12.13 16:37

I'm no legal 'expert' but if i want to purport a 'theory' of mine and prefix it with the words 'my explanation for A,B, or C is that.....'

Rather Fcuked can't touch me because, their client, Mr Gerald McCann asked ,in public, ' Where is the child? What other explanation can explain how she's not here'?

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Cristobell on the peoples voice

Post by Oh come on on 23.12.13 16:39

I noticed posters mentioning that Cristobell's interview with the peoples voice had not been posted yet. This is not the case. It was posted about a week ago and can be seen here after 1hr 32minutes.

Oh come on

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 23.12.13 16:41

@aquila wrote:
@Cristobell wrote:
@jcloth wrote:
@Hongkong Phooey wrote:
@Cristobell wrote:This is an amazing video, possibly the most damning I have seen.  If Scotland Yard are struggling for evidence, I think they have it here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDuWXZgj16w&feature=youtu.be
Great find Cristobell, certainly makes them look like liars

Hi - I'm the maker of the vid. Thanks for the comments. As it is accumulating views quite rapidly, I am starting to feel worried about legal implications. Can anyone advise me whether I am on safe ground with this video?
Delighted to meet you jcloth, and I have just tweeted your video again  smilie As another poster said, it is indeed Oscar worthy, and using Essex parlance, I'm not even joking!

I hope our wonderful experts here have been able to put your mind at rest on the legal side.  There are hundreds of videos on Youtube of the McCanns and their odd behaviour.  Some have been whooshed, but I don't understand the technicalities of that. To be honest though, the whole thing would be a legal nightmare, even for Carter Ruck, and I doubt the McCanns have the funds or the appetite for another libel action, especially as they are presently facing the repercussions of their action in Lisbon in the first week of January.  Their support has reached rock bottom.  No millionaires are offering to foot their bills, and the online shop is closed.  I honestly do not think you have any worries, I don't think anyone has now, even Tony.  It would be interesting to know if Team McCann have reacted to Tony's recent postings on twitter - I have no idea if it was legal for him to do that or not, just curious as to how they will deal with it, if at all.

But back to your video - amazing!  There is a video that has been bugging me for ages.  As it is one of those long camera flashing McCann press conferences, some may not have stayed until the very end.  And it is just before the end that Gerry seems to be convulsing in maniacal laughter, and struggling to contain it.  One of the oddest things I have ever seen, and I think Kate is on the joke, but managing to mask it.  I would love to hear your views on it.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=divprR1XZKM

Ps.  If you are a student of Pamela Meyer, I am sure she would be very proud of you!
I wasn't aware that the forum had legal experts. Please confirm this as it would be absolutely wonderful to know.

I'm highlighting the piece in your post in response to jcloth

"I hope our wonderful experts here have been able to put your mind at rest on the legal side."

Please qualify it. As I recall Cristobell you were worried about the TPV interview as you were aware that Carter Ruck might be looking in. Your interview is still not available btw.

Now before I get the expected slap for this comment, I just want to say that the comment highlighted in red is a dangerous comment to make imo and isn't based on fact. I haven't seen this forum say 'our wonderful experts here have been able to put your mind at rest on the legal side' about anything.

REPLY TO HIGHLIGHTED SENTENCE:   Tony Bennett is/was a solicitor.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 23.12.13 16:45

candyfloss wrote:Why would you be slapped for making a valid point Aquila, which I tend to agree with.  I don't think I have seen a 'legal expert' say such a thing, unless I missed it?  I will re-read this thread again, to see if I missed it.
ultimaThule makes legal comments and has been questioned openly on the forum whether he/she is a legal (not by me) and took umbrage at why he/she had to give his/her profession but continues to give out legal stuff (which he/she did to jcloth).

Cristobell is now professing 'our experts' about the forum.

I hope you get the point here Candyfloss. I'm not making an undue fuss.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 23.12.13 16:48

@Cristobell wrote:
@aquila wrote:
@Cristobell wrote:
@jcloth wrote:
@Hongkong Phooey wrote:
@Cristobell wrote:This is an amazing video, possibly the most damning I have seen.  If Scotland Yard are struggling for evidence, I think they have it here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDuWXZgj16w&feature=youtu.be
Great find Cristobell, certainly makes them look like liars

Hi - I'm the maker of the vid. Thanks for the comments. As it is accumulating views quite rapidly, I am starting to feel worried about legal implications. Can anyone advise me whether I am on safe ground with this video?
Delighted to meet you jcloth, and I have just tweeted your video again  smilie As another poster said, it is indeed Oscar worthy, and using Essex parlance, I'm not even joking!

I hope our wonderful experts here have been able to put your mind at rest on the legal side.  There are hundreds of videos on Youtube of the McCanns and their odd behaviour.  Some have been whooshed, but I don't understand the technicalities of that. To be honest though, the whole thing would be a legal nightmare, even for Carter Ruck, and I doubt the McCanns have the funds or the appetite for another libel action, especially as they are presently facing the repercussions of their action in Lisbon in the first week of January.  Their support has reached rock bottom.  No millionaires are offering to foot their bills, and the online shop is closed.  I honestly do not think you have any worries, I don't think anyone has now, even Tony.  It would be interesting to know if Team McCann have reacted to Tony's recent postings on twitter - I have no idea if it was legal for him to do that or not, just curious as to how they will deal with it, if at all.

But back to your video - amazing!  There is a video that has been bugging me for ages.  As it is one of those long camera flashing McCann press conferences, some may not have stayed until the very end.  And it is just before the end that Gerry seems to be convulsing in maniacal laughter, and struggling to contain it.  One of the oddest things I have ever seen, and I think Kate is on the joke, but managing to mask it.  I would love to hear your views on it.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=divprR1XZKM

Ps.  If you are a student of Pamela Meyer, I am sure she would be very proud of you!
I wasn't aware that the forum had legal experts. Please confirm this as it would be absolutely wonderful to know.

I'm highlighting the piece in your post in response to jcloth

"I hope our wonderful experts here have been able to put your mind at rest on the legal side."

Please qualify it. As I recall Cristobell you were worried about the TPV interview as you were aware that Carter Ruck might be looking in. Your interview is still not available btw.

Now before I get the expected slap for this comment, I just want to say that the comment highlighted in red is a dangerous comment to make imo and isn't based on fact. I haven't seen this forum say 'our wonderful experts here have been able to put your mind at rest on the legal side' about anything.

REPLY TO HIGHLIGHTED SENTENCE:   Tony Bennett is/was a solicitor.
Now you know as well as I do that this is nonsense Cristobell. You have avoided answering the question and after deflecting things on PeterMac you have now chosen Tony Bennett.

Just answer the question please.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 23.12.13 17:01

I'm sorry you think I have dodged your question, my reply I felt was quite clear.  We do indeed have wonderful experts on this forum which is apparent from their erudite posts.  Whether you personally acknowledge them as experts, is entirely up to you. Just as it is entirely up to our new member whether she takes comfort from the advice given to her in the previous posts or not.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.12.13 17:05

Cristobell I understood what you meant,can see how some would view it differently though.
It seems your posts in particular warrant strict analysing by some members who seem intent on catching you out at every turn. I don't envy you.

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 23.12.13 17:12

@Cristobell wrote:I'm sorry you think I have dodged your question, my reply I felt was quite clear.  We do indeed have wonderful experts on this forum which is apparent from their erudite posts.  Whether you personally acknowledge them as experts, is entirely up to you. Just as it is entirely up to our new member whether she takes comfort from the advice given to her in the previous posts or not.
Did you mean Tony Bennett and PeterMac gave expert advice to jcloth when you answered his post?

Did you mean Tony Bennett and PeterMac are 'our experts' on the forum?

Come on Cristobell, answer the original question.

This is what you said to jcloth who was worried about the legality of his video

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.12.13 17:18

I think it is time to leave this now Aquila, Cristobell has explained, that should now be the end of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 23.12.13 17:21

candyfloss wrote:I think it is time to leave this now Aquila, Cristobell has explained, that should now be the end of it.
Okey dokey.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 23.12.13 17:31

candyfloss wrote:I think it is time to leave this now Aquila, Cristobell has explained, that should now be the end of it.
I don't think this picking away at my words reflects well on this forum.  I had hoped jcloth would feel welcome and become an active member here - she certainly has much to contribute.  

It is unfortunate that Aquila chose my welcoming post to this new member, to illustrate pedantry at its finest.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 23.12.13 18:36

@Oh come on wrote:I noticed posters mentioning that Cristobell's interview with the peoples voice had not been posted yet. This is not the case. It was posted about a week ago and can be seen here after 1hr 32minutes.

Well, this is great news. thank you. Christbell will be pleased too. I've read the transcript with interest  but  was somewhat surprised to find Sonia Poulton did most of the talking. Some 53%.

Re the discussion above: hubris isn't limited to the McCanns.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 23.12.13 19:07

@tigger wrote:
@Oh come on wrote:I noticed posters mentioning that Cristobell's interview with the peoples voice had not been posted yet. This is not the case. It was posted about a week ago and can be seen here after 1hr 32minutes.

Well, this is great news. thank you. Christbell will be pleased too. I've read the transcript with interest  but  was somewhat surprised to find Sonia Poulton did most of the talking. Some 53%.

Thank you Tigger.  I am having problems getting it to play, don't know if it is the video or my currently bad connection.  Will keep trying, not seen it yet!

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.12.13 19:10

I've been able to see it. Well done.

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 23.12.13 19:25

@Cristobell wrote:
@tigger wrote:

Thank you Tigger.  I am having problems getting it to play, don't know if it is the video or my currently bad connection.  Will keep trying, not seen it yet!

You've got o come on to thank for posting it, not me - I don't like to take credt where it's not due, reading the transcript  was enough for me.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 23.12.13 20:39

@tigger wrote:

Yeah, tigger, I am surprised too that SP did most of the talking (70-80% in fact) and she covered some very good and pertinent points too. Good to know she approached Pinkie twice although to no avail.

SP 1 - Cristobell 0.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.12.13 21:16

Wouldn't that be SP 1 - Pinky O ... ?

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 23.12.13 21:19

But score is for interviewer and interviewee.

Pinkie proves a coward who daren't take up the challenge.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.12.13 21:32

I feel I have to speak in favour of Cristobel. Such based on my extensive experience of giving interviews. If things don't go your way, you have to interrupt. That takes experience. I have done and stopped to do telephone interviews. Only face to face. And that's not exactly what a "skype" interview is. I would be wary to do that today ... She got some good points over. Sonia was quite explicitly in her disbelieve of the McCanns. What else does one want of a 12 minute interview?

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 23.12.13 21:43

When you were opining on the libel trial, mention of the title of Dr Amaral's book and the fact that it's available in English wouldn't have gone amiss, Cristobell.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 23.12.13 21:58

Of course, thanks to whoever.

I have now seen it.  What a shame they do not have a blushing smiley!  It is quite excruciating watching oneself and I wish I had had an opportunity to say more - it took a few moments to adjust to the set up - I could not see Sonia and was effectively talking to a blank screen.  Now that I know what to expect, I hope I am given another opportunity, there is much I still want to say.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum