The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Nigella aides NOT GUILTY

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nigella aides NOT GUILTY

Post by ultimaThule on 20.12.13 15:16

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2526342/BREAKING-NEWS-Nigella-aides-NOT-GUILTY-defrauding-couple-685-000-four-year-designer-spending-spree.html

IMO the verdict was a foregone conclusion and my only surprise is that, although no doubt aware of the disordered manner in which the Saatchis accounted for their household and personal expenditure, the CPS saw fit to prosecute the Grillo sisters.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nigella aides NOT GUILTY

Post by PeterMac on 20.12.13 15:30

Strange that they went ahead, knowing what would come out.
Be careful for what you wish!

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 20.12.13 17:04

No winner in that!

Nigella Lawson's image is no longer squeaky clean.
Saatchi's reputation is more than slightly dent.
The Grillo's sisters not so employable anymore despite the "Not Guilty" verdict as they're greedy, abuse their position and took advantage of the situation.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lioned on 20.12.13 17:19

I think Saatchi got what he wanted.

Lioned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterion on 20.12.13 17:33

I think that Nigella will be a winner. MSM loves celebrities with "edge". She will be on all the sofas soon enough. New book maybe.

mysterion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 20.12.13 17:35

He must be pleased with himself then.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.12.13 19:41

@mysterion wrote:I think that Nigella will be a winner. MSM loves celebrities with "edge". She will be on all the sofas soon enough. New book maybe.

This is a very shallow opinion, but I thought she looked better during her court appearances than she does on her TV shows.

As for the "shocking" revelation about the cocaine, do me a favour. Nobody gets that jolly hockey sticks over a batch of uninspiring nibbles without some chemical assistance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.12.13 19:45

This site is sooo inspiring for me to learn new words and expressions ....  big grin 

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 20.12.13 19:53

Nigella's PR agents have assured she won't be a loser. I reckon her popularity will shoot forward. She may have lost some of her older followers, but by heck.. she sure looks trendy to a whole lot younger generation of consumers.

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 21.12.13 7:41

Saturation coverage of Nigella today and no doubt more tomorrow.  

Trinny can't say she wasn't warned... but think of all those cashmere jumpers that can be accumulated before it all goes tits up, or gets up her nose as the case may be.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 21.12.13 7:51

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
@mysterion wrote:I think that Nigella will be a winner. MSM loves celebrities with "edge". She will be on all the sofas soon enough. New book maybe.

This is a very shallow opinion, but I thought she looked better during her court appearances than she does on her TV shows.

As for the "shocking" revelation about the cocaine, do me a favour. Nobody gets that jolly hockey sticks over a batch of uninspiring nibbles without some chemical assistance.

Buy the dream from Nigella and the ready meals from M & S. - that' s my MO anyway..... laughat 

i'd need some assistance to get excited about cooking. - always fraught with uncertainties in my case.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 21.12.13 8:19

@tigger wrote:
Clay Regazzoni wrote:

Buy the dream from Nigella and the ready meals from M & S. -  that' s my MO anyway..... laughat 

i'd need some assistance to get excited about cooking. -  always fraught with uncertainties in my case.
slightly off topic, I watched an old Nigella Christmas programme a couple of nights ago. She made a 'special cake' a 'salami cake'. It looks like salami. Why do you want to spend hours and a small fortune making a cake to look like salami? Still, it gave the camera crew time to concentrate on her cleavage, lipgloss and a host of sparkling guests at her dinner party where she wafts effortlessly between serving cocktails and canapes to cooking and dishing up delicious meals.

I always chuckle at these programmes. I wonder how many plates of food end up in the bin because they didn't quite work out.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 21.12.13 8:46

Clay Regazzoni wrote:  ..... but I thought she looked better during her court appearances than she does on her TV shows.

That's the result of expensive PR advice!
That is : Cover up cleavage but go looking like a Million Dollar because press and camera pack out there waylaiding her en route focused on her "celebrity" status.
She sells paper, not Saatchi or the PA.

I have to say she comes across as a decent person, despite the cocaine.
Her bitter vindictive husband got his wish, but did he destroy her career?  Maybe NOT!

If I were a fan of her cooking (which I am not), cocaine admission wont affect me because she wasn't harming anyone.  It does not look as if she's self destroying either.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 21.12.13 11:37

@ultimaThule wrote:Saturation coverage of Nigella today and no doubt more tomorrow.  

Trinny can't say she wasn't warned... but think of all those cashmere jumpers that can be accumulated before it all goes tits up, or gets up her nose as the case may be.
I really don't have the time of day for these so called celebrities but that's a bit unfair imo.

Trinny Woodhall is a former drug addict/alcoholic but she's been in recovery for many years now. Say what you like about her but credit where it's due.

Here's an old article that gives a bit more insight.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/news/trinny-woodall-my-last-binge-with-three-friends-all-now-dead-1790442.html

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 21.12.13 13:04

As I don't make a habit (no pun intended) of keeping up with the zleb world, I was unaware Trinny W is a former drug addict/alcoholic until you drew my attention to it here, Daisy.

My use of the phrase 'gets up her nose' was intended as a lighthearted play on words as a man such as Charles Saatchi would rapidly get up mine and/or drive me to drive me to indulge in substances of a recreational nature.

However, under the circumstances, I'm happy to withdraw the phrase and give credit to Ms W's continued recovery.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 22.12.13 1:56

I was shocked when I saw the photos of Saatchi with his hands around Nigella's throat.  I am also shocked to hear how they led their daily lives, drugs (her) bullying, jealousy (him) apparently.   Allegedly she allowed the children to smoke cannabis in the home.  Who would have thought it.

I hope her career doesn't take off in America now.   She has admitted taking a Class A drug, the police imo need to take action against her for this.   About time some of these celebs were made to pay for their law breaking and maybe then others would stop and think about what they are doing.   I am disgusted and shocked to hear about all of this.   Goes to show how easy it is to fool the public for so long.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth on 22.12.13 7:36

@plebgate wrote:I was shocked when I saw the photos of Saatchi with his hands around Nigella's throat.  I am also shocked to hear how they led their daily lives, drugs (her) bullying, jealousy (him) apparently.   Allegedly she allowed the children to smoke cannabis in the home.  Who would have thought it.

I hope her career doesn't take off in America now.   She has admitted taking a Class A drug, the police imo need to take action against her for this.   About time some of these celebs were made to pay for their law breaking and maybe then others would stop and think about what they are doing.   I am disgusted and shocked to hear about all of this.   Goes to show how easy it is to fool the public for so long.
Children? Smoking weed, how old are they?

Seek truth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 22.12.13 12:58

From the Guardian, 22 Dec. 2013

"...Saatchi claimed in an email that Lawson's drug use meant she allowed their former assistants, Francesca and Elisabetta Grillo, to spend what they liked.

The message said: "Of course now the Grillos will get off on the basis that you [and] Mimi were so off your heads on drugs that you allowed the sisters to spend whatever they liked and, yes, I believe every word they have said." ..."
Before we go judging Nigella,
1. Look at what she was living with
2. We saw the photos at the restaurant
3. We see the vengeance of the 'ex husband' getting caught out and publicly exposed.

Do we see him taking 'any responsibility whatsoever' in the household, over which he must have had sight of his OWN bank accounts, and within which he was living.
Another screaming example of someone squealing 'It's not my fault, blame everyone else'.
Nigella could have remained silent, blackmailed by the fear of her own husband's vindictive betrayal of his wife.
She has spoken out. How many top politicians/judges etc. have taken cocaine?
As far as I understand it, it is a multimillion dollar business with all of the dark forces and corrupt involvements underpinning it because it is 'blackmail-able'.
I pity her, rather than condemn her, and admire her ability to say the truth and not try to pass the blame onto others.
She is standing up to shoulder what is coming at her, when she could have so easily started like others we know, on a long road of deceptions to cover her activity.
How did the 'use of a lot of money' by employees become an accusation of 'mismanagement of the household expenses' by Nigella Lawson, the wife in a marriage partnership sharing a bank account and a home.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 22.12.13 13:42

@aquila wrote:
@tigger wrote:
Clay Regazzoni wrote:

Buy the dream from Nigella and the ready meals from M & S. -  that' s my MO anyway..... laughat 

i'd need some assistance to get excited about cooking. -  always fraught with uncertainties in my case.
slightly off topic, I watched an old Nigella Christmas programme a couple of nights ago. She made a 'special cake' a 'salami cake'. It looks like salami. Why do you want to spend hours and a small fortune making a cake to look like salami? Still, it gave the camera crew time to concentrate on her cleavage, lipgloss and a host of sparkling guests at her dinner party where she wafts effortlessly between serving cocktails and canapes to cooking and dishing up delicious meals.

I always chuckle at these programmes. I wonder how many plates of food end up in the bin because they didn't quite work out.

Ha ha. I watched that too, Aquila. A repeat, I'm sure. Anyway, it was the day of the verdict, and there was the cheeky little moment of her taking a rolling pin to crush a bag of amaretti biscuits. "Time to get violent in the kitchen"  quoth she, as she proceeded to bash hell out of them.

I've met her twice now. I find her irritating on TV but she was quite sweet to talk to and had great natural allure. First time I met her she was more than curvy, last year she had shed a lot of weight.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.12.13 13:53

Seek Truth: Nigella's children are around 18 and 20 now.

I'm not advocating smoking of any description but maybe the idea was to let them try marijuana and hopefully they'd move on. Nothing is more likely to make teenagers want to do something if they know that their parents are against it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.12.13 13:54

I can't believe the CPS ever brought this case. Try telling the police that you've been a victim of "fraud" committed by somebody who you obviously gave your credit card and accompanying PIN number to and see how far you get.

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 22.12.13 14:12

I do blame Nigella, whether her husband was violent or not.   Allegedly she smoked cannabis and took cocaine with her first husband but it was reported that it was taken to ease his pain whilst suffering from cancer.    

I hate drugs.  IMO they should certainly not be in a home where children are living.    I do believe that a lot of children are being abused/not looked after properly because of the parent/s taking drugs or drinking heavily.  

If people have children then they should look after them properly and having drugs in the house and perhaps allowing your children to take drugs is disgusting and a shameful thing to do AFAIAC.

Reportedly Nigella's children were taken on holidays by her staff - what on earth is that about?   Can't take time to take your children on hols but can allegedly get off her head on drugs.    Very nice - NOT.

Accept responsibility and change their ways is what they should do IMO, but I seriously doubt that will happen.  I think revenge might be calling between this pair, but if I were them I would think about the children in the family and put it all behind me and LOOK AFTER MY KIDS.

Someone asked how old the children were when allowed to smoke cannabis.   I do not know, but I would NOT allow any of my children to take/smoke drugs in my home.   FULL STOP.

Too much money is, IMO, not a good thing.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 22.12.13 16:02

@plebgate wrote:I do blame Nigella, whether her husband was violent or not.   Allegedly she smoked cannabis and took cocaine with her first husband but it was reported that it was taken to ease his pain whilst suffering from cancer.    

I hate drugs.  IMO they should certainly not be in a home where children are living.    I do believe that a lot of children are being abused/not looked after properly because of the parent/s taking drugs or drinking heavily.  

If people have children then they should look after them properly and having drugs in the house and perhaps allowing your children to take drugs is disgusting and a shameful thing to do AFAIAC.

Reportedly Nigella's children were taken on holidays by her staff - what on earth is that about?   Can't take time to take your children on hols but can allegedly get off her head on drugs.    Very nice - NOT.

Accept responsibility and change their ways is what they should do IMO, but I seriously doubt that will happen.  I think revenge might be calling between this pair, but if I were them I would think about the children in the family and put it all behind me and LOOK AFTER MY KIDS.

Someone asked how old the children were when allowed to smoke cannabis.   I do not know, but I would NOT allow any of my children to take/smoke drugs in my home.   FULL STOP.

Too much money is, IMO, not a good thing.

I agree with all of that, Plebgate.

My mother let me have a cigarette when I was 13. I can hardly believe she did that now. I went on to smoke through my teens, so I think that knocks the theory of forbidden fruits into a cocked hat.  In fact I can well remember how grown up I felt, even though I only took little puffs and blew the smoke straight out. I recall her neighbour was there puffing away too and I thought I was the bees knees.

I also take all dirty linen laundering post-divorce with a massive pinch of salt. None of us knows what went on there in reality. Every one of these players has their own particular axe to grind and none of them have acquitted themselves with any honour. But as far as drugs go, I am very disturbed to hear of this substance abuse, especially if the children have been involved or aware.

IMO Nigella has minimised her drug use because she was painted into an impossible corner. I don't believe you sit down with a moribund patient on a number of occasions and take cocaine. I would have thought she would be more pre-occupied in keeping her wits about her in terms of nursing care. In any case, I would imagine the poor man was on morphine and other  prescribed drugs which would have rendered her useless in the administration of them.

Besides, the one glaring nonsense in her story is the idea that she can sporadically obtain this cocaine. Where on earth anyone who occasionally  felt under a bit of pressure and thought "I know, I'll snort a line tonight" would have the knowledge of where to obtain the stuff is beyond me. I know they sent out for their every need and whim -  but c'mon.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 22.12.13 16:46

I hear lots of people say they hate drugs. I say, I wish it was that black & white, that simple. Anyone that does protest against the use of drugs so vehemently should perhaps stand by their principles and chuck out all that music in their collections, all those books on the shelf, all that artwork hung on their walls (I could go on?). Because guess what? Yes, a devastatingly huge amount of our best loved 'works' of any genre, any era, came from folk that had their minds opened by taking mind altering substances! It's true. And my, how dull life would be without all these differing visions.  big grin 

I'm not up for an heavy debate on this issue, been there far too many times.  Just wanted to add a different perspective.

Unknown

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 22.12.13 18:17

@Daisy wrote:I hear lots of people say they hate drugs. I say, I wish it was that black & white, that simple. Anyone that does protest against the use of drugs so vehemently should perhaps stand by their principles and chuck out all that music in their collections, all those books on the shelf, all that artwork hung on their walls (I could go on?). Because guess what? Yes, a devastatingly huge amount of our best loved 'works' of any genre, any era, came from folk that had their minds opened by taking mind altering substances! It's true. And my, how dull life would be without all these differing visions.  big grin 

I'm not up for an heavy debate on this issue, been there far too many times.  Just wanted to add a different perspective.
I haven't the time or inclination for heavy debate either, Daisy. But you have been rather condemnatory and then closed the door on the debate on your terms. My perspective is a little wider than the arts and hoped-for enhancements to sensory stimuli. Doubtless your more liberal approach to drug use would not be too censorious -  so, how would the idea of your brain surgeon snorting a line of cocaine before literally opening up your mind, sit with you?

IMO, drug-taking for opening the conduits of the mind is the lazy person's route to creative fulfilment. It is also a false path because of the uniquely seductive yet inherent powers of self-destruction contained in drug usage. Doubtless these artists and writers you speak of produced their works at the expense of loved ones who suffered the fall-out. No rose-tinted glasses for me, I'm afraid: damage is damage, and there is no life-enhancing advantage or detachment afforded to the victims of their excesses, either in this century or in centuries gone by. It is hopelessly romantic to think otherwise. On the contrary, the innocent bystander may have witnessed terrifying psychotic episodes and zombie states which, had they the time to record them, might have proved the real grand-oeuvres of their day.

I don't intend to go through my well-loved music, literature collection and turf them out, as you suggest, in a pointless perestroika in order to "stand by my principles" as you so kindly put it. It serves no purpose. Better to keep them as a memento mori; a reminder of just how short and miserable some of their lives probably were in reality: and how limited the span of creative output for many of them before the inevitable spiralling into a downward trajectory. 

There are ways of elevating the mind that cause no damage to anyone. It's just a higher gift available within all humans, but something that exacts effort and striving before the reward is given.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum