The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

More good ones on l-azzeri-lies-in-the-sun - Page 2 Mm11

More good ones on l-azzeri-lies-in-the-sun - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

More good ones on l-azzeri-lies-in-the-sun - Page 2 Mm11

More good ones on l-azzeri-lies-in-the-sun - Page 2 Regist10

More good ones on l-azzeri-lies-in-the-sun

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

More good ones on l-azzeri-lies-in-the-sun - Page 2 Empty Re: More good ones on l-azzeri-lies-in-the-sun

Post by sammyc 19.12.13 14:01

aiyoyo wrote:@ Hobs,

Are you saying Lazzeri Antonella that you crossed sword with is actually the author of Lazzeri in the Sun?

How strange her pieces are in total contrast to her reply to you.
It would appear either she has a spilt personality or she's from team mccanns.

Aiyoyo,  The Antonella friend of the McCanns wrote articles for the Sun newspaper in which she was fully behind the McCanns version of events without ever doubting them or reading the Official files.  Lazzeri-lies-in-the-sun is a play on words - a pun - which implies Antonella (Lazzeri) tells lies (fibs, untruths etc) in the Sun (newspaper) but  cleverly also implies that the writer of this blog (lazzeri) is lying in the sun i,e sunbathing.  No Carter Rucking there then.
So I would be sure I'm correct in saying it is not the Lazzeri with who Hobs needled.
sammyc
sammyc

Activity : 383

Back to top Go down

More good ones on l-azzeri-lies-in-the-sun - Page 2 Empty Re: More good ones on l-azzeri-lies-in-the-sun

Post by aiyoyo 19.12.13 14:17

sammyc wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:@ Hobs,

Are you saying Lazzeri Antonella that you crossed sword with is actually the author of Lazzeri in the Sun?

How strange her pieces are in total contrast to her reply to you.
It would appear either she has a spilt personality or she's from team mccanns.

Aiyoyo,  The Antonella friend of the McCanns wrote articles for the Sun newspaper in which she was fully behind the McCanns version of events without ever doubting them or reading the Official files.  Lazzeri-lies-in-the-sun is a play on words - a pun - which implies Antonella (Lazzeri) tells lies (fibs, untruths etc) in the Sun (newspaper) but  cleverly also implies that the writer of this blog (lazzeri) is lying in the sun i,e sunbathing.  No Carter Rucking there then.
So I would be sure I'm correct in saying it is not the Lazzeri with who Hobs needled.

This bold-bit I get.  I'd thought Antonella is also author of the blog "Lazzeri-lies-in-the-Sun".  Relief to hear she's not.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 19.12.13 14:21

Surely l-azzeri-lies-in-the-sun is a joke name with a double meaning. 'Lies in the sun' can refer to people lying on holiday in Portugal, and also to Lazerri lying in the Sun newspaper. I'm not saying that last bit is fact (but we can all make our minds up in private!), just that this is how I interpret the blogger's name. Very unlikely to be Ms Lazerri.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Activity : 1327

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 19.12.13 20:22

Whether Lazzeri sunbathed or Lazzeri lied to the SUN is of little importance.
What counts is the author of the BLOG is brilliant and I like her blog.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Briohazard 19.12.13 21:38

tigger wrote:
PeterMac wrote:http://l-azzeri-lies-in-the-sun.com/Redwood_And_Amaral.html
http://l-azzeri-lies-in-the-sun.com/The_Oldfield_s___Others.html
http://l-azzeri-lies-in-the-sun.com/Maddie_s_Fund.html
http://l-azzeri-lies-in-the-sun.com/Maddie_Abandoned.html

Anyone know who writes it ?

Thank you, the top one - Redwood and Amaral is giving me a glimmer of hope.... Although I still think AR is under instrucions to put the whole thing to bed and it leaves him the opportunity to have Smithman  as unknown abductor.

Lazzeri is brilliant - man woman journalist?  Why the name Lazzeri...
Those links won't work for me, perhaps because I'm on my mobile phone? Can anyone copy and paste the content please? Thank you :)
Briohazard
Briohazard

Activity : 114

Back to top Go down

Post by suep 19.12.13 22:06

PeterMac wrote:
bobbin wrote:
Since Gerry and all of his little-helper-visiting-tapas-friends claim that Maddie was alive and well at 9 p.m. / 9.15 p.m. (Gerry, the proud father moment) and then at 9.30 p.m. (Matthew Oldfield)

Can we just pick up on that one.

ONLY Gerry and Kate say that Madeleine was alive on 3rd May
Oldfield specifically got himself out of the hole he was being dropped into by the McCanns ( = Being the Last person to see her alive) and is very careful to say he did NOT see her.  And then to explain why, even though his explanation is clearly nonsense, he is twisting and turning like a "twisty-turny thing'"
The Payne visit is not worth considering. There are at least three different versions.   None may be anywhere near the truth.
The entire rest of the crew go down to the Paraiso - for the first and the last time - totally out of synch with anything they have done before, and are therefore suddenly unable to give any confirmation that Madeleine was at tea  - or was NOT at tea.
The Last Photo is extremely suspect, and has been used so deliberately, and in such a contrived Mitchell fashion as "evidence", that one must question almost every aspect of it.
Kate explains Madeleine's lack of visibility by saying she was exhausted, shattered and had to be carried back to the apartment - this after two hours of light afternoon finger-painting.  
There was no sailing, scuba, wind-surfing, weightlifting, downhill ski racing, show jumping, or heptathlon. . . for her that afternoon.

The ONLY people who say she was alive on 3rd are the McCanns.

Forgive me if I've got this wrong, Petermac, but I seem to remember that Kate also picked up the twins on the 3rd May who were said to be equally tired. So if she was carrying Madeleine did someone else carry the tired younger twins or did she make them walk?
suep

Activity : 164

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 19.12.13 22:31

suep wrote:
Forgive me if I've got this wrong, Petermac, but I seem to remember that Kate also picked up the twins on the 3rd May who were said to be equally tired. So if she was carrying Madeleine did someone else carry the tired younger twins or did she make them walk?

You may be right. But since she joined Gerry and all the children at high tea (book) AND signed M out of the creche at exactly the same time (creche sheets)
she may well have been able to pick up all three children herself, and then levitate them across a small back garden, up some stairs, and then through an open window and a whooshed curtain.
Peter Pan managed it with Wendy and the other boys, so why not !
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 19.12.13 22:35

PeterMac wrote:
You may be right. But since she joined Gerry and all the children at high tea (book)  AND signed M out of the creche at exactly the same time (creche sheets)
she may well have been able to pick up all three children herself, and then levitate them across a small back garden, up some stairs, and then through an open window and a whooshed curtain.

I thought this suspicious at first, but then somebody pointed out to me that they brought the creche sheets to high tea, as the children would get picked up from there.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Activity : 1327

Back to top Go down

Post by suep 19.12.13 22:51

PeterMac wrote:
suep wrote:

You may be right. But since she joined Gerry and all the children at high tea (book)  AND signed M out of the creche at exactly the same time (creche sheets)

HaHa! Then later Mary Poppins flew in and out of that window with her big black bag and whooshed a deeply sleeping Madeleine away to the Swiss Alps ...!!
suep

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 19.12.13 22:57

cue music:  Julie Andrews sings:  The hill around Luz are alive with the sound of paedophile lairs...
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by suep 19.12.13 23:18

ultimaThule wrote:cue music:  Julie Andrews sings:  The hill around Luz are alive with the sound of paedophile lairs...

Or liars in their lairs...
suep

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.12.13 23:40

suep wrote:
ultimaThule wrote:cue music:  Julie Andrews sings:  The hill around Luz are alive with the sound of paedophile lairs...

Or liars in their lairs...
I feel another song coming ...  big grin 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 19.12.13 23:59

PeterMac wrote:
suep wrote:

You missed out another interesting part of the story.
Kate was out jogging at the beach at 5.30pm, and signed M out also at 5.30 pm.
Dont tell me  she's a wonder woman with her flying cap!
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by suep 20.12.13 8:00

aiyoyo wrote:
PeterMac wrote:
suep wrote:

You missed out another interesting part of the story.
Kate was out jogging at the beach at 5.30pm, and signed M out also at 5.30 pm.
Dont tell me  she's a wonder woman with her flying cap!

I'd forgotten that bit, aiyoyo, so that can mean only one thing...she cloned herself!
suep

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.12.13 9:36

suep wrote:
I'd forgotten that bit, aiyoyo, so that can mean only one thing...she cloned herself!

There are multiples of everybody in this story aren't there? Although they got the same bloke in to do Symington, Murat and Naylor.

Pardon my ignorance. I suspect it's some kind of middle class thing, and I am most certainly NOT middle class, but what the hell is "high tea"? Where I come from we just call it "tea".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.12.13 9:54

http://britishfood.about.com/od/faq/f/highteavafttea.htm

Here you are, Clay - all you need to know about high tea!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 20.12.13 9:59

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
suep wrote:

There are multiples of everybody in this story aren't there? Although they got the same bloke in to do Symington, Murat and Naylor.

Pardon my ignorance. I suspect it's some kind of middle class thing, and I am most certainly NOT middle class, but what the hell is "high tea"? Where I come from we just call it "tea".

High Tea is used by white collar professionals.  Maybe their tea is another form of liquid they can get high on.

Working class just have tea and grubs, while middle class doctors have high tea and haute cuisine - cod fish and what not.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by suep 21.12.13 7:04

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
suep wrote:

I have no idea what 'high tea' is either, Clay. Like you I'm used to having plain old 'tea' and 'dinner' is what you eat in the middle of the day.Perhaps the middle classes think of our working class 'tea' as 'low tea', or maybe they eat their 'high tea' at a high table so they can throw down a few crumbs to us lesser mortals.
suep

Back to top Go down

More good ones on l-azzeri-lies-in-the-sun - Page 2 Empty -more-good-ones-on-l-azzeri-lies-in-the-sun#211255

Post by Janetta 21.12.13 7:49

I think you are right there!  I was brought up in a working class family and my father came home in the middle of the day for his main meal, and we had something like beans on toast later in the day - so locally, we all had breakfast, dinner and tea.  When I went to work for a professional company and said I was going home midday for dinner, I was informed with disdainful amusement that the order of meals should be breakfast, lunch and dinner i.e. No such thing as "tea".  I can therefore only think that "high tea" (probably sandwiches and/or cakes) is something they slotted in between lunch and dinner, and was possibly the last meal for the children whose parents went out to eat later without them.
Janetta

Activity : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 21.12.13 8:00

In my Grandmother's house there were four meals per day, breakfast (a light breakfast), lunch, tea and supper. Lunch was the main meal, tea was 'high tea' (tea, a little sandwich, cake etc) and supper (another light meal to stave off hunger before breakfast). So three light meals per day and a main hearty meal.

In my parents' house it was breakfast (big cooked breakfast), lunch (sandwiches/something on toast) and tea (main meal, hot and wholesome).

In my house it's breakfast (anything you want depending on how hungry you are), lunch (a sandwich/salad) and dinner (usually around 7pm - 8pm - main meal).

We are working class and yet all different.  big grin

ETA: The children on holiday in PDL had breakfast in the apartment, lunch in the apartment and high tea. I would imagine they ate a lot of sandwiches.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 21.12.13 8:25

They would have got finger food like pizza or nuggets or maybe even tapas during High Tea at the Tapas Bar.
If lucky they might get pasta for main and maybe a sweet.
Wont be a third-four course Dinner that is for sure.

Why the Brits and Australians termed Dinner as Tea is beyond me.
Why add a superlative "High" to it is mind boggling stuff.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.12.13 8:35

aquila wrote:

We are working class and yet all different.  big grin

ETA: The children on holiday in PDL had breakfast in the apartment, lunch in the apartment and high tea. I would imagine they ate a lot of sandwiches.

Thanks for all the comments. It would seem I am neither a doctor, nor a suitable candidate for a Mark Warner holiday.

Sea bass sandwiches? No thanks. The first thing I learned to say in Portuguese was "Eu não gosto de peixe". When dining on the Algarve it's as vital as carrying a medicalert tag listing your allergies....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 21.12.13 8:44

aiyoyo wrote:They would have got finger food like pizza or nuggets or maybe even tapas during High Tea at the Tapas Bar.
If lucky they might get pasta for main and maybe a sweet.
Wont be a third-four course Dinner that is for sure.

Why the Brits and Australians termed Dinner as Tea is beyond me.
Why add a superlative "High" to it is mind boggling stuff.
Hi Aiyoyo,

The Australians have 'morning tea' and 'afternoon tea' ha ha ha. There's a set time for a cuppa and a biscuit/piece of cake (I think this is a lovely ritual) that doesn't really exist in UK anymore. It seems 'tea' is a complicated thing to translate and means many things to many people as lifestyles have evolved.  titter

MW serving 'high tea' is a bit of an anomaly as it probably wasn't anything like the definitive 'high tea' (tea, fancy little cakes/pastries and small, delicate, thinly cut, crust-less sandwiches). I think the term was used as this early meal around 5pm couldn't be described as dinner/supper and was closer to the time 'high tea' is usually served. Of course it's also a very nice, upper class English term to use which would suit their middle class guests.

You're probably right about finger food etc. but I seem to recall one of the T9 saying in a statement that they liked the kids to have something hot to eat at lunchtime. IIRC it was to do with eating lunch in the Payne's apartment.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores 21.12.13 10:29

In our household the meals went: breakfast, dinner, tea. If you had 'supper' it was a biscuit with a mug of cocoa just before bedtime.
Miraflores
Miraflores

Activity : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 21.12.13 10:40

It is a fascinating piece of social history.
The upper clases had "Dinner" at 8pm
The lower classes had "Tea" immediately after finishing work.

Why ?

Answers on a postcard. There is an incredibly simple answer.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top