The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Mad psychic Derek Acorah, who said Madeleine was dead and would be 'reincarnated', arrested for drink driving in crash which injured two

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mad psychic Derek Acorah, who said Madeleine was dead and would be 'reincarnated', arrested for drink driving in crash which injured two

Post by Tony Bennett on Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:20 am

Today's report on the BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-25291231

One of a number of previous reports about this mad psychic's imaginings about what happened to Madeleine McCann

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-is-dead-derek-acorah-833385

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mad psychic Derek Acorah, who said Madeleine was dead and would be 'reincarnated', arrested for drink driving in crash which injured two

Post by jeanmonroe on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:20 am

@Tony Bennett wrote:Today's report on the BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-25291231

One of a number of previous reports about this mad psychic's imaginings about what happened to Madeleine McCann

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-is-dead-derek-acorah-833385

So he didn't see the crash coming?

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mad psychic Derek Acorah, who said Madeleine was dead and would be 'reincarnated', arrested for drink driving in crash which injured two

Post by Mirage on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:37 am

jeanmonroe:  So he didn't see the crash coming?

------------------

Nah. It was the wrong sort of trance.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:39 am

I'm reminded of a long gone psychic called Romark who went for a drive blindfolded.

http://anecdotage.com/articles/5538/

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:15 pm

It seems he was channelling the wrong kind of spirits...

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:44 pm

@ultimaThule wrote:It seems he was channelling the wrong kind of spirits...

Very good! Yes, it seems so.

I have now read this:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/most-haunted-exposed-fake-star-833433

In this report, one of the stars of 'Most Haunted' says that:

Derek Acorah is...

* 'a fake'

* 'all showmanship' and

* dramatics'.

It's simply not right that people guilty of fakery, showmanship and dramatics should have anything to say on the reported disappearance of a 3-year-old girl 

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MRNOODLES on Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:18 pm

I think it was why he got booted from Most Haunted.  Ironic really as Most haunted was a scam anyway

MRNOODLES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:25 pm

I remember a late French friend of mine, who did exactly that [driving with their eyes closed] with either [ but cannot remember after all this time] Alain Delon or Jean-Paul Belmondo on a kind of death-wish trip through a Paris night ... They luckily opened their eyes again just before hitting a solid wall  smilie

Back to top Go down

Post by gbwales on Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:47 pm

laughat

Mr Universe to Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

gbwales

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by loopzdaloop on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:21 pm

1. She is dead. I believe the dogs.
2. Calling someone 'mad' for their beliefs is offensive to people with mental health issues and people of religion.
There is a spectrum of beliefs here is there not?
3. I expected more of members here than making light of someone having a car crash.

I have to say I'm surprised at people here.

loopzdaloop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

mad-psychic-derek-acorah-who-said-madeleine-was-dead-and-would-be-reincarnated-arrested-for-drink-driving-in-crash-which-injured-two#208750

Post by Janetta on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:35 pm

I agree. Please don't measure all psychics by Derek Acorah and please don't mock. Psychics are not necessarily religious. There are some very good psychics who assist the police, but many people do not seem to be aware of this.

Janetta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfly on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:58 pm

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@ultimaThule wrote:It seems he was channelling the wrong kind of spirits...

Very good! Yes, it seems so.

I have now read this:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/most-haunted-exposed-fake-star-833433

In this report, one of the stars of 'Most Haunted' says that:

Derek Acorah is...

* 'a fake'

* 'all showmanship' and

* dramatics'.

It's simply not right that people guilty of fakery, showmanship and dramatics should have anything to say on the reported disappearance of a 3-year-old girl 

I Think the problem was that Yvette was meant to be the star of the show and Derek 'became bigger than the show' it became the Derek show' Derek is deluded as they come, but Derek was fed false info within the most haunted camp they wanted him out , Yvette was not happy, and Yvette was caught pushing  a glass and when banging was heard , I think it was a live show , A wrong camera was shown her kicking the door, Yvette was as fake as they come but bear in mind they needed viewers and remember who was the producer and director of the show and production company.... Yvettes husband '
the only living samurai outside of Japan' Karl  Beatie 

dragonfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfly on Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:00 pm

@Janetta wrote:I agree.  Please don't measure all psychics by Derek Acorah and please don't mock. Psychics are not necessarily religious.  There are some very good psychics who assist the police, but many people do not seem to be aware of this.
##################################
proof of your claims please -dragonfly

dragonfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout on Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:42 pm

I did a photo shoot with him earlier this year for a national , his PA said  "  This is Derek he is a Medium " .

I said  " your kidding he looks  Extra large to Me !!!! "  big grin

stillsloppingout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ad psychic Derek Acorah, who said Madeleine was dead and would be 'reincarnated', arrested for drink driving in crash which injured two

Post by Janetta on Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:49 pm

Proof? I cannot prove to you that a psychic I know assists the police with certain cases, but I know that he does and that is good enough for me. He is most certainly neither mad, nor deluded and I agree it is insulting that someone in his line of work, who gives his assistance willingly and free of charge should be described as such. There are people with genuine psychic ability and if anyone wants proof of this, may I suggest they visit a local Spiritualist church and watch a demonstration before making judgments.

Janetta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:51 pm

@Janetta wrote:I agree.  Please don't measure all psychics by Derek Acorah and please don't mock.

Mockery of Derek Acorah may or may not be justified, but let's look at just one quote from the article I referred to in the OP:  "The medium...allegedly added that the child would soon be reincarnated after joining the 'spirit world'. The 62-year-old is reported to have said to The Sun: “I know her parents are convinced Maddie is alive...but the little one has been over in the spirit world for some time. I don’t think it’ll be long before she reincarnates. When children pass over who haven’t had full lives I believe they choose the time to come back in the same form again – as another little girl".

This is a belief without a shred of evidence to support it, and at the risk of offending some, I don't hestitate, for that very reason, to call it a 'bonkers' belief. Incidentally, not for the first time, loopzdaloop has been a little too precious...I don't think that every time people use the word 'mad', they mean someone who is mentally ill. Or do you think they do, loopz? 

The reason why the issue of psychics is relevant to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann is because thousands of them, if not tens of thousands, have wasted police time in many countries over their vain, overheated imaginations in the Madeleine mystery alone, never mind all the other cases they try to interfere with.

They actually occupy five whole pages in Dr Kate McCann's book, 'madeleine', and even deserve their own entry in her index - 'Psychics'.

And I am going to quote Dr Kate McCann in support of my case as she makes several pertinent observations about them (pp. 149-151):

"There were a couple of 'visionary' experiences I took very seriously. One of them had come through prayer...I begged the police to look into these. They were very sceptical...By now, any police officer reading this will no doubt be smiling ruefully or shaking his or her head. Whatever many psychics, mediums, dowsers, diviners, visionaries and dreamers tell you about helping the police with investigations, most officers won't have anything to do with them. For several months we invested some time and even resources in following up some of the thousands of psychics who have contacted us...much of the information we received...is extremely vague...describing 'a white house near a dirt track' is not helpful. There are milions of white houses in the world and millions of dirt tracks...they can't all be right, can they? Madeleine can't be in a thousand different locations...some of them do this in order to feel important or involved and others are simply looking for publicity...their 'information' creates emotional pressure on the recipient of these [stories]...it saps [your] time and energy, leaving you feeling wretched...

UNQUOTE 

Psychics are not necessarily religious.  

In my experience almost none of them are religious and many of them are deeply anti-Christian

There are some very good psychics who assist the police, but many people do not seem to be aware of this.

I'm right with 'dragonfly' on this. You've read what Kate McCann wrote - and IMO she is right. They are utter time-wasters who ought to be prosecuted for wasting police time. If you have any evidence at all that any so-called 'psychic' has ever helped to secure a conviction in the courts of the United Kingdom, please give examples here.

On the subject of psychics (like Derek Acorah in fact) who claim to be able to 'channel' spirits from the unseen spirit world, that is IMO both a deep and a dangerous subject, but I would be happy to discuss it over in the Members' Lounge. 

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie on Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:52 pm

I don't believe in religion I believe in the bible and time and time again it states how God hates those who practice what Derek Akorah did. It says it comes from Satan.

littlepixie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:55 pm

@Janetta wrote:Proof?  I cannot prove to you that a psychic I know assists the police with certain cases, but I know that he does and that is good enough for me.  He is most certainly neither mad, nor deluded and I agree it is insulting that someone in his line of work, who gives his assistance willingly and free of charge should be described as such.  There are people with genuine psychic ability and if anyone wants proof of this, may I suggest they visit a local Spiritualist church and watch a demonstration before making judgments.

REPLY: I advise strongly against as there is a risk that it will take you into the dangerous world of the occult. After all, look what happened to poor old King Saul when he went to the local spiritualist and asked her to call up the spirits to help him. A warning to all! 

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:58 pm

Can someone explain to me what the "Members' Lounge" is?  I only post on Portal.

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:58 pm

@littlepixie wrote:I don't believe in religion, I believe in the Bible - and time and time again it states how God hates those who practice what Derek Akorah did. It says it comes from Satan.

Whether you believe the Bible or not, littlepixie is 100% right, the Bible warns strenuously in many places, Old and New Testament alike, that to attempt to contact the unseen spirit world (which the Bible speaks of as a fact) is both wrong and dangerous    

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie on Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:58 pm

Can I just say that I have visited a spiritualist church before I studied the bible, where they charge the bereaved £20. I do believe these people think they are talking to the dead but sadly they are not. What they hear isn't coming from dead people.

littlepixie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:00 pm

@sallypelt wrote:Can someone explain to me what the "Members' Lounge" is?  I only post on Portal.

Can you see this thread? -  http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/f5-members-lounge

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:00 pm

@sallypelt wrote:Can someone explain to me what the "Members' Lounge" is?  I only post on Portal.

If you go to the home page, and scroll down the threads you will see 'Members Lounge' thread near the bottom. It is always better to stay on the home page, when somebody posts on any thread the little box on the end of their name turns red, that way you see all the posts in all the threads.

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:01 pm

candyfloss wrote:

If you go to the home page, and scroll down the threads you will see 'Members Lounge' thread near the bottom.  It is always better to stay on the home page, when somebody posts on any thread the little box on the end of their name turns red, that way you see all the posts in all the threads.

Thank you tony, Candyfloss., I will do that,

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum