The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Government 'gave money to Paedophile Information Exchange'

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Government 'gave money to Paedophile Information Exchange'

Post by tasprin on 08.12.13 11:57

Mail on Sunday

Government 'gave money to child sex ring in 70s': Home Office has ordered an investigation into shocking allegations

Government allegedly gave tens of thousands of pounds to Paedophile Information Exchange, which openly campaigned to legalise child sex
Extraordinary move triggered by Permanent Secretary Mark Sedwill
Labour MP Tom Watson says retired Home Office employee told him he had raised concerns in 70s about funding, but was warned to drop matter

By Martin Beckford

8 December 2013

The head of the Home Office has ordered an investigation into shocking allegations that the Government gave tens of thousands of pounds to a notorious paedophile group.
Civil servants are trawling through decades’ worth of files to look for any evidence that the Home Office once funded the Paedophile Information Exchange (PIE), which openly campaigned to legalise child sex.
The extraordinary move has been triggered by Permanent Secretary Mark Sedwill following claims by an ‘insider’ that the Voluntary Services Unit (VSU), which gave annual grants totalling thousands of pounds to charities, had provided financial assistance to the network of abusers.
Labour MP Tom Watson says a retired Home Office employee told him he had raised concerns in the 1970s about the funding, but was warned to drop the matter.
Mr Watson told The Mail on Sunday last night: ‘We are lifting the lid on a murky period in political history. It feels as if we are getting closer to getting the answers that many people have been looking for for a long time.

‘People will be astounded if we discover that a Government of any political hue was funding the PIE.'

A spokesman for the Home Office confirmed: ‘We are aware of the allegations and the Permanent Secretary has commissioned a thorough, independent investigation into what funding the VSU previously provided.’

It is hoped the inquiry will finally uncover the truth about the links between paedophiles and the State following almost 40 years of claims of an establishment cover-up.

Civil servants are trawling through decades' worth of files to look for any evidence that the Home Office once funded the Paedophile Information Exchange
PIE was formed in the early 1970s and openly called for the age of consent to be lowered to four, despite public outrage. In 1976 morality campaigner Mary Whitehouse accused a gay charity that did receive Government grants, the Albany Trust, of helping fund PIE, but this was denied at the time.
A one time chairman of PIE, Steven Smith, worked as a heating and lighting engineer at the Home Office’s headquarters in Whitehall until he was exposed by a Sunday newspaper in 1982. He went on the run but was jailed for possessing 3,000 drawings of child abuse two years ago. Tom Watson says a retired Home Office employee told him he had raised concerns in the 1970s about the funding, but was warned to drop the matter
After a PIE leader Tom O’Carroll was jailed in 1981 it emerged that a retired diplomat, Sir Peter Hayman, had been a supporter of the network and police had discovered his collection of obscene diaries but decided not to prosecute him. The MP who exposed him, Geoffrey Dickens, also handed three dossiers on PIE and alleged child abusers to the Home Office and the Director of Public Prosecutions but it is claimed they were ignored.
Following calls by child protection campaigners, an independent review was held in February this year of all Home Office files from 1979 to 1999 to ‘identify any information received about organised child abuse’. Led by an HMRC investigator, it examined 746,000 files and identified ‘13 items of information about alleged child abuse, including four cases involving Home Office staff’.
These four workers were all dismissed between 1996 and 1998, recent Freedom of Information documents state, but no evidence was found of links between them or use of ‘Home Office equipment or facilities’.
The review concluded that the Home Office ‘did pass on to the appropriate authorities’ all the information it received about child abuse, as well as taking action against suspected staff.
Whitehall sources said the new review was at an early stage.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2520083/Probe-claims-government-gave-money-child-sex-ring-70s.html#ixzz2mso95xoN

tasprin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Government 'gave money to Paedophile Information Exchange'

Post by Mirage on 08.12.13 11:59

I can only skim read the above at the moment, tasprin. It is making me ill.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 08.12.13 12:06

Just look who was running the country in the early 70s. Say no more!

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin on 08.12.13 12:13

And this from Exaro News (thanks to Needleblog) http://www.exaronews.com/articles/5152/met-s-paedophile-unit-seizes-video-of-ex-minister-at-sex-party

Needleblog  

December 7, 2013

Op Fairbank Seize Video Of Former Minister At ‘Sex Party’

Detectives have seized video that places a former Conservative cabinet minister at one of several parties where boys were sexually abused by men.

The Metropolitan Police Service’s paedophile unit seized the footage under ‘Operation Fairbank’ which is scoping historical claims against politicians of child sex abuse. It is investigating additional allegations against politicians and other prominent people under ‘Operation Fernbridge’.

The unit is focusing on a series of parties in London three decades ago at which boys were supplied for sexual gratification of men.
http://theneedleblog.wordpress.com/

tasprin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 08.12.13 12:14

@sallypelt wrote:Just look who was running the country in the early 70s. Say no more!
These deviants sit comfortable in every Government Sallyspelt. It doesn't matter what colour rosette they sport.

And people question why I don't vote.

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 08.12.13 12:19

Never forget the role played by Hewitt and Harman and Dromey in the PIE.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 08.12.13 12:22

@sallypelt wrote:Just look who was running the country in the early 70s. Say no more!
O yes! That lovely man who was told by MI5 to stop cottaging as it would stop him becoming party leader...
Petty, dirty man who luckily wasn't in power long enough to ruin it.
He lived in Salisbury Close and I believe they tried toturn his house into a museum dedicated to him, turned out he wasn't that popular.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 08.12.13 12:24

It is terrifying.

Yet these same perverts and paedophiles allow a situation to develop, by being part of the establishment and therefore endorsing public social policy, that allowed a secret court to force a caesarian on a pregnant woman and steal her child.

How many children "disappear" because of the secret courts? How do we know these stolen children are not being passed to these high level pedophile rings for whatever horrendous purposes?

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.12.13 12:27

Another politician was allegedly caught "cottaging" but that didn't stop him becoming a future prime minister......

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 08.12.13 12:31

@PeterMac wrote:Never forget the role played by Hewitt and Harman and Dromey in the PIE.
Can you tell me what PIE is? No idea being foreign and all - winkwink 

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 08.12.13 12:38

Thanks, I just wondered if it was a registered cc/charity if it has an official status or is a quango with paid members.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.12.13 13:49

@tigger wrote:
O yes! That lovely man who was told by MI5 to stop cottaging as it would stop him  becoming party leader...
He lived in Salisbury Close and I believe they tried toturn his house into a museum dedicated to him, turned out he wasn't that popular.
Wonder if they considered turning his yacht, Morning Cloud, into a museum?  I'd be very interested in any forensic findings an investigation into that vessel may yield.

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 08.12.13 17:37

Deleted, please do not name people

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.12.13 17:43

I was about to say that the person whose name has been deleted isn't a former Tory Cabinet minister!

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 08.12.13 18:10

I didn't insinuate he was. I was reminded of the name (now deleted) that I mentioned because of his connections to PIE and his championing of lowering the age of consent! The thread was about this subject yes?

Then I asked if he'd been of TPV yet (as advertised).

I don't understand why the post was deleted. An explanation would help please.

Unknown

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.12.13 18:14

Daisy, I think it was just an unfortunate connection with the story that I posted. It looked as if it was that to which you were referring. 

Admin, I'm happy for you to delete that link of mine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 08.12.13 18:19

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Daisy, I think it was just an unfortunate connection with the story that I posted. It looked as if it was that to which you were referring. 

Surely If I was making a connection to your post I would have quoted you? And you insult my intelligence by suggesting I'd think (name deleted) was a Tory! Tut tut, thought you knew me better. big grin

Never mind, I'm not one to fuss  roses

Unknown

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.12.13 18:20

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Daisy, I think it was just an unfortunate connection with the story that I posted. It looked as if it was that to which you were referring. 

Yes, that was the reason, it was directly after NFWTD post, and looked as if we were naming this person (that cannot be named), so better to play safe than sorry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.12.13 18:21

roses for you too Daisy - I certainly shouldn't have forgotten how politically minded you are!

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 08.12.13 18:26

Thanks guys. I understand the pressure you're under keeping the forum clean. Hats off to you.

Unknown

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi on 09.12.13 12:27

@tigger wrote:
O yes! That lovely man who was told by MI5 to stop cottaging as it would stop him  becoming party leader...

What is cottaging....sorry I've never heard of this !

jozi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum