The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Investigators searching phone records Mm11

Investigators searching phone records Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Investigators searching phone records Mm11

Investigators searching phone records Regist10

Investigators searching phone records

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Investigators searching phone records Empty Investigators searching phone records

Post by chillyheat 06.12.13 23:06

Found this youtube video uploaded today from ABC News
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a1pkqJLR54

Investigators looking at phone records. Not sure if this has been known to the forum
chillyheat

Activity : 884

Back to top Go down

Investigators searching phone records Empty Re: Investigators searching phone records

Post by Guest 06.12.13 23:10

You and I must be the 2 people, who watched this video.
Was it really of today, though?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Investigators searching phone records Empty Re: Investigators searching phone records

Post by chillyheat 06.12.13 23:12

Châtelaine wrote:You and I must have the 2 people, who watched this video.
Was it really of today, though?
Not sure....Just searched for recent videos and came across this one. Not sure when the actual report was broadcasted
chillyheat

Back to top Go down

Post by chillyheat 06.12.13 23:16

Have SY actually said they are looking at phone records on UK television or reports ? Am not sure.
chillyheat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.12.13 23:18

AFAIK NSY are actually not saying much really. And that is good, IMO.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.12.13 23:18

Presumably it was the search of phone records that brought poor old Tractor Man into the headlines so I think this report is several weeks old.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.12.13 23:20

Found this from 4th October.....

[snipped]

4 October 2013

Madeleine McCann: Phone records may hold key, UK police say
By Danny Shaw

Home affairs correspondent, BBC News

Mobile phone records may hold the key to solving the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, detectives believe.

Madeleine, of Rothley, Leicestershire, was three when she vanished on holiday in Praia da Luz, Algarve, in 2007.

Scotland Yard officers are analysing data from phones belonging to people in the village at the time - 41 people of interest have been ident

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24386130
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by chillyheat 06.12.13 23:22

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Presumably it was the search of phone records that brought poor old Tractor Man into the headlines so I think this report is several weeks old.
Quite possible.....I tend to search for new videos by week or day uploads. Its not clear when the report came out. It was just that I dont recall if SY confirmed they were searching phone records.
chillyheat

Back to top Go down

Post by chillyheat 06.12.13 23:23

candyfloss wrote:Found this from 4th October.....

[snipped]

4 October 2013

Madeleine McCann: Phone records may hold key, UK police say
By Danny Shaw

Home affairs correspondent, BBC News

Mobile phone records may hold the key to solving the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, detectives believe.

Madeleine, of Rothley, Leicestershire, was three when she vanished on holiday in Praia da Luz, Algarve, in 2007.

Scotland Yard officers are analysing data from phones belonging to people in the village at the time - 41 people of interest have been ident

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24386130
Ty CF....Thats already known then....Apologies
chillyheat

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi 07.12.13 2:26

My theory is that it  is very well possible that the PJ asked the British police to follow phone records of people who could possibly be involved in Madeleine's case. Maybe they have being followed since 2007.
The Leicestershire police still did not have an evidence that the McCanns were not involved in the disappearance, according to Kate's book.
Those "pay and go" are difficult to be traced but the person that gets a phone call coming from such a phone can be registered , I think, unless that person also has a pay and go.
It is also my theory that those suspect people have being physically followed and if they bought a pay and go phone somewhere, they have been seen.
After some time, eventual suspects give up their paranoia and they start to using their regular phones.

I love theories and I hope I am right.
marconi

Activity : 1104

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi 07.12.13 2:37

David Payne may hold the key to the mystery, phone records may hold the key to the disappearance,
the Pope may hold the key to the Catholic Church...
marconi

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 07.12.13 12:17

IF one was planning a 'pre meditated' 'abduction' one would surely maintain 'radio/phone silence' until well 'after' the event.

The only 'phone' traffic PJ/SY need to look at is the T9's, between 4:30pm/6:00am, 3rd/4th May 2007, imo.

jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Woburn_exile 07.12.13 12:28

jeanmonroe wrote:IF one was planning a 'pre meditated' 'abduction' one would surely maintain 'radio/phone silence' until well 'after' the event.

The only 'phone' traffic PJ/SY need to look at is the T9's, between 4:30pm/6:00am, 3rd/4th May 2007, imo.

Totally agree.
youaretheman
Woburn_exile
Woburn_exile

Activity : 251

Back to top Go down

Investigators searching phone records Empty Pj can't but sy can?

Post by Trainer 07.12.13 13:11

If I remember rightly the PJ can't use mobile phone records as evidence and as such we're blocked form looking or asking for the phone details in the early days of the investigation ............But there are no such restrictions on SY so this now joint investigation will be able to access the phone details.
Trainer
Trainer

Activity : 56

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 07.12.13 13:22

Trainer wrote:If I remember rightly the PJ can't use mobile phone records as evidence and as such we're blocked form looking or asking for the phone details in the early days of the investigation ............But there are no such restrictions on SY so this now joint investigation will be able to access the phone details.
So only the T9's 'calls' were 'blocked' and asked not to be looked into?

Didn't stop 'somebody' using mobile phone records to locate Tractorman's phone 'in the area' did it?

Academic anyway, the PJ 'know' who phoned who within the T9 'group' but were told they can't use it as 'evidence' ..............YET!
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by chillyheat 07.12.13 19:43

So.....We have phone records being looked at / check
Holmes II system in operation / check

But we are still in the dark.....
chillyheat

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 07.12.13 19:50

jeanmonroe wrote:
Trainer wrote:If I remember rightly the PJ can't use mobile phone records as evidence and as such we're blocked form looking or asking for the phone details in the early days of the investigation ............But there are no such restrictions on SY so this now joint investigation will be able to access the phone details.
So only the T9's 'calls' were 'blocked' and asked not to be looked into?

Didn't stop 'somebody' using mobile phone records to locate Tractorman's phone 'in the area' did it?

Academic anyway, the PJ 'know' who phoned who within the T9 'group' but were told they can't use it as 'evidence' ..............YET!
The PJ applied to the courts to get hold of the content of the deleted text messages off the Mc's phones IIRC, and although all the traffic data was made available, the actual content of the texts was denied by the courts. I don't understand WHY they blocked that information since it was an active investigation into a missing child. 

IMO this was a very bad move by the portugese courts, and could have sorted this case out years ago, possibly, had the content of the texts been given to the PJ. At the time I was left wondering why the courts hindered the police in this way.

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia 10.12.13 14:35

Maybe I'm completely wrong here but from my personal experience working with that kind of data in a mobile operator, I don't think it's possible to retrieve previous texts ( from before a mobile is "officially " under monitoring ).
Anyway there's always the chance that being British mobiles, even operating under Portuguese networks, they could.
The thing is, the judge didn't allowed for any mobiles to be monitored other than Murat /Michaela / Malinka.
But mobile traffic is IMO very important even without the contents of it being known.
There's the Swansea number (wrong, Kate says ) but that number later was called from someone placed at Ribeira do Vascao that also called the British embassy in Lisbon...
And we know that the mobile activity is /was being investigated by the PJ before the reopening of the case. So I'm hoping for some good outcome from this because the PJ reopened the case and after that, officially from them (PJ ) we know NOTHING! Because that's how they act, they say nothing until something official happens so what are they doing, what venues are they investigating? Only they know!
But one thing is certain, the case was reopened based on evidence that must be explored. WHY /WHAT /WHO?  Only the PJ knows for now...
All IMHO of course.

"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident
Ayniia
Ayniia

Activity : 586

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 10.12.13 14:57

jeanmonroe wrote:IF one was planning a 'pre meditated' 'abduction' one would surely maintain 'radio/phone silence' until well 'after' the event.

It would be completely stupid of any investigators to only consider one possibility, i.e. the 'pre-meditated' abduction.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Activity : 1327

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 10.12.13 15:00

Ayniia wrote:
And we know that the mobile activity is /was being investigated by the PJ before the reopening of the case. So I'm hoping for some good outcome from this because the PJ reopened the case and after that, officially from them (PJ ) we know NOTHING! Because that's how they act, they say nothing until something official happens so what are they doing, what venues are they investigating? Only they know!
But one thing is certain, the case was reopened based on evidence that must be explored. WHY /WHAT /WHO?  Only the PJ knows for now...
All IMHO of course.
  ---------------------------------

Would this explain Hogan-Howe's recent statement I wonder.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by Copodenieve 12.12.13 0:19

Ayniia wrote:
Anyway there's always the chance that being British mobiles, even operating under Portuguese networks, they could.

Hello Ayniia, I don´t usually post on here as I´m really just an ordinary concerned mum and don´t have much to offer the forum, but I would just like to say that I am sure I read that Kate said they bought their mobiles in Portugal because they had left their chargers for their own phones at home and this was her reason for using "pay as you go" instead of their own mobiles.
Copodenieve
Copodenieve

Activity : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi 12.12.13 9:02

I think that on May the 3rd the McCanns still did not have a pay-and-go and I wonder if Gerry warned Kate that he had being seen by the Smiths, when he was going down the street.
If he did, the police could have the proof that he called her.
marconi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia 12.12.13 11:49

Thank you Copodenieve!
But when I said mobiles I meant "numbers /sim cards" ..Even if the mobiles were not the "original " ones, the numbers they were using were their regular British ones. Or it would've been very easy to dismiss the Swansea wrong number, and they wouldn't have all the contacts of the people they had like Kate's friend to whom she texted following the " Najoua Chekaya incident ".
And I don't think that's possible marconi because the PJ checked not only the Tapas mobiles but all the mobile activity in the area, that's supposedly how tractorman was found so if any other mobiles have been used, they'd know. All IMO.

"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident
Ayniia
Ayniia

Activity : 586

Back to top Go down

Post by Copodenieve 12.12.13 13:29

Ayniia wrote:Thank you Copodenieve!
But when I said mobiles I meant "numbers /sim cards" ..Even if the mobiles were not the "original " ones, the numbers they were using were their regular British ones. Or it would've been very easy to dismiss the Swansea wrong number, and they wouldn't have all the contacts of the people they had like Kate's friend to whom she texted following the " Najoua Chekaya incident ".
And I don't think that's possible marconi because the PJ checked not only the Tapas mobiles but all the mobile activity in the area, that's supposedly how tractorman was found so if any other mobiles have been used, they'd know. All IMO.

from Copodenieve
Thanks for the explanation Ayniia, I had assumed by the term "pay as you go mobile"  that they had received local "pay as you go" sim cards with the new phones and would have used those (at least for phoning each other). If they had used their own sim cards in the new phones, I wouldn´t have thought it would have been a "pay as you go" system. I hope I´m making sense. 

I was also wondering whether  "Tractorman" might have sold his phone to the McCann´s and that´s why his number is registered in use in that area at the time. This might sound far fetched but, IMO, they did seem to need untraceable phones and "Tractorman´s" widow did say that he sold his phones sometimes when he needed money.
Copodenieve
Copodenieve

Activity : 222

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top