The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Yay! "We've been had Red Nose Day!"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Yay! "We've been had Red Nose Day!"

Post by Angelique on 30.11.13 12:35

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/bbc/10485115/Postponed-BBC-Panorama-probe-into-Comic-Relief-to-be-aired.html

Postponed BBC Panorama probe into Comic Relief to be aired

The BBC's director general has confirmed that a controversial Panorama investigation into Comic Relief which was pulled from the airwaves in October will now be shown in December

By Miranda Prynne, News Reporter
6:45PM GMT 29 Nov 2013
3 Comments

A BBC Panorama investigation into Comic Relief which was shelved before its original broadcast date will now be aired in December amid claims the corporation has doctored certain parts of the original programme.
BBC director general Tony Hall intervened to ensure the documentary, which is understood to look at how the charity allegedly invested £150million of its funds for up to eight years before passing the money on to the causes for which it had been donated, was rescheduled for Tuesday, December 10.
Hall and his director of news James Harding were forced to step in after a string of top executives at the broadcaster reportedly ruled themselves out of making a decision about the programme due to the BBC’s close ties to Comic Relief.
The investigation, which was originally due to air in October, would have caused major embarrassment in the run up to Children in Need on November 15 and damaged its fundraising potential.
It looks at how some of the money raised for Comic Relief was allegedly invested in tobacco and arms companies, with the charity accused of sitting on a massive £261million in shares, bonds and cash by the end of last year.

The BBC claims the Panorama show was never just about Comic Relief but looked at number of charities, understood to include Save the Children, and how they invest funds.

A number of new executives are reported to have looked at the programme since it was postponed, including Mr Harding.

It is understood he asked the producers to produce more solid evidence from their investigations.

Hall revealed the Panorama investigation would go ahead at the Voice of the Listener & Viewer autumn conference on Wednesday.

When asked if the programme had been altered since it was kept off the airwaves in October, he told MediaGuardian: “It's James's programme. He wants to get it right.

“It’s quite right the director of news has views about programmes, it'll broadcast.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well I have to say I am right again! I have never donated to this organisation.

ETA They used the "red nose" in exactly the same way as another fund raiser used a certain picture - as a lure and people buy into it. To be part of it - its a sort of herding instinct that big business/organisations use. 

This article was on page 7 in the paper edition of the Telegraph. It should have been front page.

Angelique

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Yay! "We've been had Red Nose Day!"

Post by tigger on 30.11.13 14:26

I've always thought that red nose day particularly was a disgusting ploy to promote 'Conspicuous giving' - never mind the pollution and cost of tons of red plastic, even ones to put on your car. 'Look! I'm good AND I have a sense of hunour'. 

Also, the obligatory shots of real comics in amongst the poor black people of charityland. It's so predictable that I'd not be surprised if it was shot in a studio with the main characters supplied by central casting. 

I expect BBC didn't look into MP?

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on 30.11.13 15:00

tigger

I agree. All that plastic - just another business opportunity for someone, one of their own. Whoever.

Just realised the link to MediaGuardian in the report doesn't work. I even tried it through the webpage as well.

I doubt very much if anyone wanted to enquire about this - it was too much of a good thing!

It looks like they were "hands off" at the Beeb.

Angelique

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 30.11.13 22:11

At long last!  Let's hope someone now takes a forensic look at the accounts of Children in Need and the NSPCC - and they should have a sniff around Gt Ormond St's books while they're at it.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 01.12.13 0:59

I find the new trend of encouraging school kids to turn up for school in their PJ's for 'Children in Need' a bit creepy. Not to mention they're also expected to pay for this privilege. (50p round these parts).

I was so proud of my 9 year old grandson who refused to participate in the wearing of the daft onzies or night clothes that the rest of his classmates were sporting that day. But sadly for him he was the odd one out, the only kid in the class in regular clothes and therefore singled out as being uncooperative and antisocial.

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 01.12.13 2:44

@ultimaThule wrote:At long last!  Let's hope someone now takes a forensic look at the accounts of Children in Need and the NSPCC - and they should have a sniff around Gt Ormond St's books while they're at it.
AND I hope some journalist has the cajones to ask every single Children's Charidee if each and every person in their organisation regardless of their position is CRB checked. Whilst it might not be a legal requirement it would be testament to a charity to say that in the interests of children only those with clean records are allowed to work in that arena. That would be a reassuring thing.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 01.12.13 4:07

Imagine you are a child in need in UK.

Imagine you lead a desperate life. I call it 'the quiet life' because it has no voice.

Imagine there are charities and phone lines for you to call to ask for help. They are in the newspapers, on the television, you will have a voice, be heard. THEY will listen to you and THEY will HELP you. They've said they will.

Imagine you call them and say that you were/are in care and you were/are being abused and nothing happens.

Imagine the person taking your call passes it onto a higher person in that charitable organisation.

Imagine the higher person in that charitable organisation rubbing shoulders with people in the institution you are speaking of and relying upon funding from other sources (hard to imagine when you're a desperate child in need).

Imagine the higher person in that charitable organisation weighing up the pros and cons of working for 'the greater good' or exposing YOUR truth.

Imagine the higher person in that charitable organisation which is endorsed by the UK government and the UK police doing nothing to protect you.

Imagine that BETRAYAL.

Imagine that all the time the UK government, the UK police, the BBC et al know about these things and do nothing.

Imagine the UK media also do nothing.

Imagine that you give your information to people who are not CRB checked within a charitable organisation.

Imagine that you give personal details of your whereabouts to a 'volunteer'.

KEEP SENDING THE DONATIONS

KEEP SENDING THEM TO CHARITIES WITH WEBSITES THAT TELL YOU HOW MARVELOUS THEY ARE.

KEEP SENDING THE MONEY

Just my opinion of course but in the light of Savile, Cyril Smith, Paul Flowers, the BBC (moving to Manchester) I think I have a fair take on what's happened and what continues to happen.

I'm editing to add.

Esther has opened a new thing for lonely people.

Well here's a challenge Esther. Stand up, be a journalist, take on the evil that is inside the BBC, stand up for kids, take on the charities, talk to the media. Do it. There was mention of you wishing to become an MP. DON'T. Stand up for the things that made you a lot of money.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum