The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Scotland Yard want joint investigation...just announced

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Scotland Yard want joint investigation...just announced

Post by suzyjohnson on 27.11.13 21:41

If I were the PJ I'd ask for a printed apology in every Uk newspaper before I'd agree to cooperate

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 27.11.13 21:51

@noddy100 wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:And, what did they list may I ask?

Is Pinky on their expenditure list in addition to lawyers and Image Consultants fees (of course) ?

Thank you very much for your email, and apologise for the late reply. We have been very busy on the last weeks, since the last appeal.

The enquiries/investigation are now being funded by the Police indeed. But it is through the generous donations paid to the Fund by the general public and libel damages paid to ourselves that we keep carrying the following:

- A Portuguese assistant/translator

- A 24 hour telephone line with translators to receive information from the public

- Media liaison in Portugal and the UK

- Awareness campaigns in Portugal, Spain and further afield

- Website hosting and development and social network site campaigns to raise awareness through the internet

This ^

Ty Noddy.

Interesting that they consider it no longer necessary to retain their PIs yet they deem it necessary to continue to pay for media liaison (meaning control) and awareness campaigns even though the same reason should apply now that Police are working on their case.
They are so deluded that the Public are buying their tales.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.11.13 21:52

@suzyjohnson wrote:If I were the PJ I'd ask for a printed apology in every Uk newspaper before I'd agree to cooperate
And some!  The UK were not exactly cooperative when the Portuguese requested information about the McCann family relative to the investigation, were they?  International protocol and cooperation seem to be a joke, even non existent in this case.

All the time there is shilly-shallying to and thro time is passing and the case is gradually being diluted to such an extent that the world will forget what it's really about,  the fate of Madeleine McCann.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.11.13 21:53

Ultima thule,
Do you not think it strange that the investigation line is not in service also?
I see noddy100 saying they received a mail on 14th november stating that part of the fund was to pay for this line..

I am only new here but personally find this odd.

Also on the updates page,why is each anniversary noted as being 2nd may,i am sure this has been spotted before.

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 27.11.13 21:59

Gollum wrote:
@suzyjohnson wrote:If I were the PJ I'd ask for a printed apology in every Uk newspaper before I'd agree to cooperate
And some!  The UK were not exactly cooperative when the Portuguese requested information about the McCann family relative to the investigation, were they?  International protocol and cooperation seem to be a joke, even non existent in this case.

All the time there is shilly-shallying to and thro time is passing and the case is gradually being diluted to such an extent that the world will forget what it's really about,  the fate of Madeleine McCann.
Absolutely! and just to add it's SY whose faces are on the telly and in the newspapers. Why do they need to do this is the question to ask. Why the need for announcements? why the need for a Crimewatch programme and update (during a libel trial)? Why the need for SY to be talking to anyone or announcing anything?

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 27.11.13 21:59

If the Fund and it's directors had any integrity they would forward all monies held to Scotland Yard, they would make a contribution to the investigation rather than expect the taxpayer to keep footing all the bills. A gesture like that would do more for their reputation than breakfast TV interviews.

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 27.11.13 22:03

Bellisa wrote:Ultima thule,
I see noddy100 saying they received a mail on 14th november stating that part of the fund was to pay for this line..

Also on the updates page,why is each  anniversary noted as being 2nd may,i am sure this has been spotted before.
No disrespect to noddy but as far as I'm aware these e-mails haven't been verified yet.

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.11.13 22:06

Thanks daisy, I didnt realise that, I do remember him/her saying they sent them to someone on here privately but maybe they havnt yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 27.11.13 22:11

Bellisa wrote:Thanks daisy, I didnt realise that, I do remember him/her saying they sent them to someone on here privately but maybe they havnt yet.
Yes, maybe they've sent them to admin, I don't know. I only know they've not been published on the forum.

Btw   welcome

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.11.13 22:13

@Tony Bennett wrote: [...]

Britain has one Parliament. Europe has 2. About 400 miles apart from each other. 
No, Europe has ONE parliament, with - unfortunately - TWO locations thanks to the French, who refuse to give up Strasbourg as one of those ...

Our MPs can make laws.  In Europe they can't - the European Parliament is a talking-shop that can make no new laws.
Yes, the European Parliament cannot make laws, BUT they can stop any of the ones proposed, if they disapprove of it.

We elect our MPs to represent a local constituency. In Europe, they don't.
They don't and never did  in the Netherlands or France [the only ones, I have genuine knowledge of]

In the British Parliament, new laws are voted in after proper debate. In the European Parliament, they vote on up to 500 issues in a 3-hour session, frenetically pressing buttons every few seconds.
I cannot counter that one, but I haven't seen proof of it either.

In Britain we have an extensive use of jury trial. In Europe, generally they don't.
I may be mistaken or misinformed, but I think that it's by now only the U.K. and the U.S.of A. that use the jury system: people being judges by their peers, instead of learned and experienced judges ...

In Britain, detention without charge is only allowed for 1 day, 4 days in more serious cases, longer in serious terrorist cases. Europe generally has much longer periods of detention; the EU wants the right to detain for 90 days, renewable every 6 months ('Corpus Juris')   
I would have to look that one up in detail. So no comment for now. 

We believe in one nation, one currency; Europe does not - look at the results in the eurozone...
If the U.K. would have been "wise", they would have joined the Euro straight from the beginning. Their buying power on the continent would have remained the same and not have been weakened, as it has now ... FYI exchange rate 1.65 in 2000 and 1.20 now in 2013.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.11.13 22:18

Thanks daisy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.11.13 22:32

@aquila wrote:
Gollum wrote:

Absolutely! and just to add it's SY whose faces are on the telly and in the newspapers. Why do they need to do this is the question to ask. Why the need for announcements? why the need for a Crimewatch programme and update (during a libel trial)? Why the need for SY to be talking to anyone or announcing anything?
May 2011, Operation Grange remit: 
The Portuguese authorities retain the lead.
While the MPS will not provide a running commentary on its involvement, known as Operation Grange, it is felt appropriate to make the remit available to the public and it is available in the related publications.

It seems to me they are only too willing to provide a running commentary, even if it is thinly veiled, when it suits their purpose which always seems to be in the Mccann's favour.  The Crimewatch programme was a disgrace, totally lacking anything that even remotely resembles reality.  Unless someone can point me in a different direction, as far as I could ascertain the programme was nothing but another opportunity to publicise McCann propaganda.  The reconstruction (choke) was only a portrayal of the events according to the Mcanns and their friends, based vaguely on their statements.

This is tax payers money being wasted year after year on a futile exercise that will lead to nothing but a prolongation of an already exhausted inquiry that has long since passed it's sell by date, like the bloke that's heading the team.

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 on 27.11.13 22:36

I did send them but didn't hear anything back
I emailed them originally several weeks earlier but the reply was on the 14th

noddy100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sofieellis on 27.11.13 22:37

Bellisa wrote:Ultima thule,

Also on the updates page,why is each  anniversary noted as being 2nd may,i am sure this has been spotted before.
The investigation line is still being promoted. Is it not working?

sofieellis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 on 27.11.13 22:38

@noddy100 wrote:I did send them but didn't hear anything back
Sorry to be clear I did send the emails I received to a forum member
Not sure if he is admin though not been here long enough to know who is who
Thanks

noddy100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 27.11.13 22:50

Châtelaine wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote: [...]

Britain has one Parliament. Europe has 2. About 400 miles apart from each other. 
No, Europe has ONE parliament, with - unfortunately - TWO locations thanks to the French, who refuse to give up Strasbourg as one of those ...

Our MPs can make laws.  In Europe they can't - the European Parliament is a talking-shop that can make no new laws.
Yes, the European Parliament cannot make laws, BUT they can stop any of the ones proposed, if they disapprove of it.

We elect our MPs to represent a local constituency. In Europe, they don't.
They don't and never did  in the Netherlands or France [the only ones, I have genuine knowledge of]

In the British Parliament, new laws are voted in after proper debate. In the European Parliament, they vote on up to 500 issues in a 3-hour session, frenetically pressing buttons every few seconds.
I cannot counter that one, but I haven't seen proof of it either.

In Britain we have an extensive use of jury trial. In Europe, generally they don't.
I may be mistaken or misinformed, but I think that it's by now only the U.K. and the U.S.of A. that use the jury system: people being judges by their peers, instead of learned and experienced judges ...

In Britain, detention without charge is only allowed for 1 day, 4 days in more serious cases, longer in serious terrorist cases. Europe generally has much longer periods of detention; the EU wants the right to detain for 90 days, renewable every 6 months ('Corpus Juris')   
I would have to look that one up in detail. So no comment for now. 

We believe in one nation, one currency; Europe does not - look at the results in the eurozone...
If the U.K. would have been "wise", they would have joined the Euro straight from the beginning. Their buying power on the continent would have remained the same and not have been weakened, as it has now ... FYI exchange rate 1.65 in 2000 and 1.20 now in 2013.
I'm glad UK didn't join the Euro. I've been on both ends of the exchange rate btw.

I see no benefit to UK for being part of the EU.

I see diluted cultures. I want France to be French. I want the Netherlands to be Dutch. I want the essence of a nation to be maintained. I don't want us to become generic little Euro ants just so we can do business. We were already doing business. It's a complete bloody myth that countries couldn't attract professionals. It's always been relatively easy to get a work permit to secure employment in a country where your skills are needed.

France, Germany and the Netherlands have suffered enormously from immigrants who use the social system. UK is bursting at the seems too. EU directives tell us we can and can't do things in our own country under our own laws and judicial systems.

I think I'll have to disagree here.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.11.13 22:51

@noddy100 wrote:
Thanks
No males in admin noddy. Girls only big grin  Perhaps this member can verify that they have seen them and are ok, or at least pm admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 on 27.11.13 22:54

candyfloss wrote:
@noddy100 wrote:
Thanks
No males in admin noddy.  Girls only big grin   Perhaps this member can verify that they have seen them and are ok, or at least pm admin.
Yes I hope he does!
Or will send to someone else tomorrow

noddy100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 27.11.13 22:54

@noddy100 wrote:
Thanks
did you send them to Admin? that might help with verification.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.11.13 22:58

Acquilla, a couple of things: France is still France [and unfortunately, the worst organised country I know of], but the language is still [exclusively] French, the anniversaries and holidays ditto and their cuisine French too [though, don't tell them it originates from Italy ...]. The Netherlands ditto, though, in line with their history more open to foreign influences.

So I take it, your argument is mainly against the EURO. Fine. As long as you keep spending GBPs in the UK, no problem. The moment you leave the island, you have less to spend.

BTW I completely agree with you, and have been advocating this since at least 20 years, that the U.K. should leave the European Union and be the reading-mark between the Continent and the USA ...

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 27.11.13 22:59

candyfloss wrote:No males in admin noddy.  Girls only big grin   Perhaps this member can verify that they have seen them and are ok, or at least pm admin.
lol! cheerleader I like it! Mrs

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 on 27.11.13 22:59

@aquila wrote:
@noddy100 wrote:
Thanks
did you send them to Admin? that might help with verification.
No someone pm me and suggested someone and I sent them to him

noddy100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.11.13 23:01

Don't speak in riddles. Tell Candyfloss to whom you've sent it.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthWillOut on 27.11.13 23:04

Noddy, did you send them via PM? I think they may not realise they have a PM if you didn't say on the other thread who you were sending them to!

TheTruthWillOut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.11.13 23:07

Noddy, I had your pm saying you had sent it to a respected member. Perhaps you could send it to me.

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum