The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Being in two places at once

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Being in two places at once

Post by Romario on 22.11.13 19:43

@ultimaThule wrote:If you're referring to Nicole Kidman's truly awful posing and posturing in The Hours, I'm willing to accept this as the exception that proves the rule, Romario.  

Happily, the McCanns will have no need for prosthetic noses when they give their long awaited final public performance big grin
:biggrin:lol, yes your reference to the Hours reminds me there are even more tragic things in this world than the case of Madeleine Mccann

Romario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 22.11.13 19:56

After a long week, it's FRIDAY night  Mrs  and I reckon we deserve a bitchfest... shall we start on Kate next? big grin

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.11.13 20:08

@ultimaThule wrote:After a long week, it's FRIDAY night :Mrs:and I reckon we deserve a bitchfest... shall we start on Kate next? big grin
No - please there is no need to lower the tone with this sort of posting.

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 22.11.13 20:20

candyfloss wrote:
@ultimaThule wrote:After a long week, it's FRIDAY night :Mrs:and I reckon we deserve a bitchfest... shall we start on Kate next? big grin
'Twas but a joke, candyfloss, but IMO mere mention of the McCanns and their heinous acts lowers the tone of any gathering and makes light relief essential.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 22.11.13 20:30

Frivolity aside, where were we?

On considering this extract from Genbug's post on the previous page

Madeleine witnesses ‘may have mistaken this friend of the McCanns for Murat’ on night she disappeared
Daily Mail
“Doubt was cast on the evidence of several key witnesses in the Madeleine McCann disappearance last night. Those who said they saw suspect Robert Murat outside the family's holiday apartment on the night she vanished may have named the wrong man, it was revealed.
“Detectives believe the witnesses who said they saw the British expat could have confused him with a friend of Kate and Gerry McCann, David Payne, who was out searching for the missing three-year-old…

I can easily imagine David Payne and Robert Murat being taken (no pun intended) for each other at night or, indeed, from a distance.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 22.11.13 21:31

@ultimaThule wrote:
@Pennypennypenny wrote:Worriedmum I don't think she ever did utter those words. Reading her supposed words and actions when she found her daughter was no longer in the apartment set more alarm bells off for me. It was like reading about a very bad actress in a very bad B movie.
My thoughts too, Penny. 

From the first cringemaking televised 'appeal' through to their filmed and live appearances on Crimewatch last month, it's apparent that neither of the McCanns are capable of Oscar winning performances but, having said that, should they be required to testify on oath in their own defence we may see acting of the type which produces genuine tears of self-pity.
One the bizarre aspects of this case is the way in which we all perceive the McCanns.  For a while at the beginning, I felt exactly as I had as child having catholicism battered into me, why couldn't I see what everyone else could, although nothing beats 'The Emperors New Clothes' as an analogy. Fortunately, we have the internet, and I soon discovered I was far from alone.

It was a poorly written script, that left lots of storylines hanging with nowhere to go. Kate's eagerness to establish an abduction may have led her to say 'they've taken her' rather than scream her daughter's name over and over, as most of us would have done in the circumstances.  

Loathe as I am venture into areas of bad taste, there is a chilling documentary on Youtube about a US mother who shot her three kids, made a surface gunshot wound to her own arm, and rushed into Emergency screaming that a man had hijacked her on a country road, shot them all and ran away.  In the weeks prior to her being charged she gave several interviews where she was carefree and enjoying the limelight.  On being asked about the condition of her surviving children, she made trivial jokes about her bandaged arm, bringing the attention back to herself.  There was much banter and laughter in her interview, and a joke made about her inability to tie her shoelaces.  It reminded me a little of the 'Expresso' interview when the McCanns were back on home turf and at their most arrogant.  

The nation were so robustly behind these articulate victims, that criticism of them became taboo as the MSM joined in with the hater dialogue against anyone stupid enough to wreck their careers by speaking out.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.11.13 21:38

@ultimaThule wrote:Frivolity aside, where were we?

[...] I can easily imagine David Payne and Robert Murat being taken (no pun intended) for each other at night or, indeed, from a distance. [/left]
Even by his own wife, "our" Fiona ... ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.11.13 22:33

candyfloss wrote:
friends

Back to top Go down

Post by Genbug on 22.11.13 23:12

Châtelaine wrote:
@ultimaThule wrote:Frivolity aside, where were we?

[...] I can easily imagine David Payne and Robert Murat being taken (no pun intended) for each other at night or, indeed, from a distance. [/left]
Even by his own wife, "our" Fiona ... ?
Exactly Chatelaine, it's too ridiculous for words. 

Tony wrote "All these three later changed their story and said it wasn't him and that they might have mistaken him for David Payne or Angus Symington."

Agreed that Murat could look like Payne or Symington to a stranger, but surely not to his wife and close friends? As this story came from The Mail, I don't think we can take it as fact. And I saw no mention of Symington in the article, just that "it might have been Payne". Even the reporter points out how ridiculous it is!

Genbug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 22.11.13 23:30

Perhaps Fiona Payne also wears glasses, but is too vain to wear them when she's being photographed.  

While on the subject of 'oddities', I like to know how many of the Tapas 9 are left handed but I doubt this information is available or will be readily forthcoming.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 22.11.13 23:41

@ultimaThule wrote:Perhaps Fiona Payne also wears glasses, but is too vain to wear them when she's being photographed.  

While on the subject of 'oddities', I like to know how many of the Tapas 9 are left handed but I doubt this information is available or will be readily forthcoming.
Do tell what difference it makes about the left-handedness. It's interesting.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 23.11.13 1:25

@aquila wrote:
@ultimaThule wrote:Perhaps Fiona Payne also wears glasses, but is too vain to wear them when she's being photographed.  

It had to do with the various posts about Tannerman allegedly carrying a child with its head over his left arm and its legs over his right arm.

Had Tannerman abducted Madeleine from her bed in a manner designed not to wake her, given the photo of said bed which was pushed up against a wall with the pillow end away from the door and almost unruffled, he could only have done so by placing his right arm under her head, his left arm under her lower torso, and gently sliding her out of the bed. 

However, if Madeleine had been placed in the arms of someone standing opposite to a right handed person who'd picked her up in their customary manner, she would have her head over that person's left arm, etc etc. 

As per usual in this case, it's most probably of no consequence but if her body was removed from 5A on the night of 3 May 2007, IMO, she would have been handed to a person unknown who was waiting by the front door to take her body to the rear of the apartment pending an onward journey, to the beach or wherever, in the arms of someone else as removing her through the patio doors would be far too risky given that other diners or MW staff in the Tapas Bar may have looked up and across to the apartment balcony at any time.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 23.11.13 1:29

As a further observation apropos the above, a right handed person would tend to, initially at least, carry a sleeping toddler with the child's head against or towards their left shoulder and vice versa for a left handed person.

It also occurs to me that if the child seen by the Smith family was dead rather than sleeping, it would have required someone to 'arrange' the child's head on the carrier's shoulder in such a way that it did not loll sideways or backwards.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 25.11.13 17:27

@ultimaThule wrote:
@aquila wrote:

It had to do with the various posts about Tannerman allegedly carrying a child with its head over his left arm and its legs over his right arm.

Had Tannerman abducted Madeleine from her bed in a manner designed not to wake her, given the photo of said bed which was pushed up against a wall with the pillow end away from the door and almost unruffled, he could only have done so by placing his right arm under her head, his left arm under her lower torso, and gently sliding her out of the bed. 

However, if Madeleine had been placed in the arms of someone standing opposite to a right handed person who'd picked her up in their customary manner, she would have her head over that person's left arm, etc etc. 

As per usual in this case, it's most probably of no consequence but if her body was removed from 5A on the night of 3 May 2007, IMO, she would have been handed to a person unknown who was waiting by the front door to take her body to the rear of the apartment pending an onward journey, to the beach or wherever, in the arms of someone else as removing her through the patio doors would be far too risky given that other diners or MW staff in the Tapas Bar may have looked up and across to the apartment balcony at any time.
The subject of why certain people carry small children on the left or right shoulder has actually been the subject of a research project.

The research project was carried out in Drogheda...

...Ireland...

...by...

...Aoife Smith...

...daughter of Martin and Mary Smith...

++++++++++++++++++++++

Aoife Smith, Ruth McGuinness and Lisa Barry, in a project entitled 'Is There A Science Behind Baby-Holding?' explain their reasons for choosing this topic: 'We want to find out why some people hold babies and young children on the left side of their bodies and others hold the child on the right.'
Greenhills students Aoife Smith, Ruth McGuinness and Lisa Barry took second place in the Junior Group Social and Behavioural Sciences Section for their project, 'Is There a Science Behind Baby-holding?'

Aoife Smith, who was part of the winning team behind the baby holding project, said the group came up with the idea after reading an article entitled ' The Art and Science of Baby Holding'.
During the course of their investigations, which were carried out of a five month period, the girls interviewed and tested 672 people.

They carried out four experiments which investigated brain dominance, arm strength, whether people are left or right handed and whether the way people fold their arms determines which side they hold a baby on.
'It was very interesting and we found that most people's strongest arm was their left and the majority held babies in their left arm,' explained Aoife.

' We also discovered that when women fold their arms the arm that was on top was the one the used to hold the baby but with men the arm on the bottom was the one that they used.'
http://www.independent.ie/regionals/droghedaindependent/news/experimenting-with-success-27130264.html

I wonder what the inspiration for her project was?

It seems this subject may have been playing on her mind for some reason...

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Romario on 25.11.13 18:58

You couldn't make it up!

Romario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25.11.13 19:49

Aoife is a very common name in Ireland, not to mention Smith of course. Is it certain this is the same girl?

What a fascinating subject to research - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 25.11.13 19:57

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Aoife is a very common name in Ireland, not to mention Smith of course. Is it certain this is the same girl?
1. Aoife Smith

2. Exactly the right age

3. Drogehda

4. The way young children are carried (cf. father Martin Smith's statement to the PJ.

NFWTD, it's as certain as the above four points indicate

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25.11.13 20:10

I agree that it is very likely. Another way of looking at it is that she used the experience of this real event as the basis of her research project. 

I jumped to a false conclusion recently. I found a Martin Smith on Facebook, right age and town - with a "like" link to the Official Find Madeleine page!!! You can imagine what I was thinking.

However, having now seen a photo of our Mr Smith, it definitely isn't the same man.

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 25.11.13 22:35

what 

It's all connected .................................

smug 

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 26.11.13 1:34

It's like a puzzle page where you have to join the dots to see the picture, lj, but in this case the pages extend into several volumes and the dots continue to appear faster than they can be joined up.

However, IMO, more than sufficient of the picture has been completed to support a prima facie case against the likely perpetrators and I suspect arrests will be made in the near future.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26.11.13 8:18

@ultimaThule wrote:It's like a puzzle page where you have to join the dots to see the picture, lj, but in this case the pages extend into several volumes and the dots continue to appear faster than they can be joined up.

That sounds like one of my nightmares. Speaking of which.... does anybody else have dreams about this case? I find it is happening to me quite frequently. Time to give it a rest for a while?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 26.11.13 10:20

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
@ultimaThule wrote:It's like a puzzle page where you have to join the dots to see the picture, lj, but in this case the pages extend into several volumes and the dots continue to appear faster than they can be joined up.

That sounds like one of my nightmares. Speaking of which.... does anybody else have dreams about this case? I find it is happening to me quite frequently. Time to give it a rest for a while?
Yes Clay. I have been dreaming of it and am having a rest. I am reading, of course, and will put in my tuppenceworth here and there.

I think the case is draining on many levels. I am infuriated by the failure to investigate this case. The realisation of the true nature of this country I am living in has come as a visceral shock.

Whichever way you look at it horrible people are in control and it behoves others looking in here to step up to the plate and give the front line some support.

It is their country too and they need to fight for their children's and grandchildren's future instead of indulging in useless handwringing.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum