The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Is this what it's all about?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Is this what it's all about?

Post by MrsC on 19.11.13 19:41

@secrets and lies wrote: I don't accept that the threat of litigation has stopped journalists in the British press dead in their tracks. To the extent that they can not even ask any hardhitting questions of these people.
secrets and lies, why do you believe no hardhitting questions have ever been asked?

The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out...

Thomas Babington Macaulay

MrsC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by secrets and lies on 19.11.13 21:40

On foot of the CW debacle, there was not a single journalist (that I'm aware of) who raised any questions with regard to the timeline audiences were asked to accept in blind faith. Nor were any of the catalogue of inconsistencies, the dogs etc, etc, even mentioned. We've been left to cling to the hope that SY are reeling in the McCanns. We have absolutely nothing else to look to.

Absolutely NOTHING.

secrets and lies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 19.11.13 22:11

@secrets and lies wrote:On foot of the CW debacle, there was not a single journalist (that I'm aware of) who raised any questions with regard to the timeline audiences were asked to accept in blind faith. Nor were any of the catalogue of inconsistencies, the dogs etc, etc, even mentioned. We've been left to cling to the hope that SY are reeling in the McCanns. We have absolutely nothing else to look to.

Absolutely NOTHING.
So true.

ps, who is that in your avatar pic S&L? I recognise the image.

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 19.11.13 22:34

@secrets and lies wrote:On foot of the CW debacle, there was not a single journalist (that I'm aware of) who raised any questions with regard to the timeline audiences were asked to accept in blind faith. Nor were any of the catalogue of inconsistencies, the dogs etc, etc, even mentioned. We've been left to cling to the hope that SY are reeling in the McCanns. We have absolutely nothing else to look to.

Absolutely NOTHING.
I agree. We don't have journalists, just place men ( women). Portugal is the only hope.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 20.11.13 6:05

Act one, as I call it, was very confusing because I did not realise for a long time that MW was complicit in changing statements, shipping off  a vital witness - Catriona  Baker - and getting the first set of PR and lawyers within 24 hours, generally working flat out to back up the official story. Retrospective curve fitting it's called? 

Lori Campbell, a tame journalist was in place on the fourth. Clarke, from the Olive Press, arrived at midday after a six hour drive from Spain.  Two tame journalists and soon to be joined by Nick from the Sun.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: is this what it's really about?

Post by kaldy on 20.11.13 8:10

See "first reactions" on mccannfiles - the parents were excellent at getting out their message asap.

kaldy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.11.13 8:21

@Mirage wrote:

Absolutely NOTHING.
I agree. We don't have journalists, just place men ( women). Portugal is the only hope.
In this example, we are the journalists. No wonder newspaper circulations are plummeting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 20.11.13 9:01

It makes a nice change for the Main Stream Media not to hold all the cards regards to information in the public domain. Now that agendas and propaganda are more visible, at least the public can try and fight it. If the MSM keep on foisting absolute garbage and lies on us, at least there is a chance we can investigate and come up with our own viewpoints.

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.11.13 9:24

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:It makes a nice change for the Main Stream Media not to hold all the cards regards to information in the public domain. Now that agendas and propaganda are more visible, at least the public can try and fight it. If the MSM keep on foisting absolute garbage and lies on us, at least there is a chance we can investigate and come up with our own viewpoints.
I wonder if this is a prototype and in future all criminal cases will be tried in this fashion?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 20.11.13 9:44

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
@Smokeandmirrors wrote:It makes a nice change for the Main Stream Media not to hold all the cards regards to information in the public domain. Now that agendas and propaganda are more visible, at least the public can try and fight it. If the MSM keep on foisting absolute garbage and lies on us, at least there is a chance we can investigate and come up with our own viewpoints.
I wonder if this is a prototype and in future all criminal cases will be tried in this fashion?
I think the natural port of call for investigating/disseminating facts and events is increasingly going to take place on fora as investigative journalism dies on its feet in the MSM. Are we, for example, seeing its death throes in the recent exposition by the ST that seems to have stopped in its tracks.

I see this migration to fora as the public response to over-centralisation of power. But there's a way to go in terms of refinement, particularly with regard to self-regulation. This forum is exceptionally well run , but there are others that are as bad as the gutter press. And, of course, the vogue is not lost on established newspapers who run their own online versions. But overall, it should constitute a healthier balance. 

I

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on 20.11.13 10:23

Unless the case is a simple open and shut that was politically siezed upon as a demonstration of the wickedness of uncontrolled press spreading scandal, and very quickly had to be engineered to run the opposite way and is about to become an example of how an unconstrained investigative press (down with Leveson, Royal Charter etc.) is the key to keeping the criminals, deceivers and exploiters of the nation under check. On the one hand I can't help but feel that a broad and deep range of agencies were either complicit in or waiting for such an opportunity arising, on the other hand I can't help but get a sense of the McCs bein used as happy idiots who can't believe their luck at being turned into what they were turned into, and are now looking around panic-stricken for the extended hands of their enablers and facilitators, who have mysteriously all turned their backs. The timing being so coincidhentally expedient to Newscorp justifying Hackgate as a kind of nuclear threat to politicos and uk agencies doing dirty deeds, and the inevitable spook-ish 'i told you so' of the gentle conditioning we've had that GCHQ are watching us - AND FOR GOOD REASON in this case. It makes me wonder if TPTB have just been monitoring the public mood and the wind change in order to decide in which direction to tilt the table upon which the McC spinning top is beginning to wobble.

Veritas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by secrets and lies on 20.11.13 18:21

Very good point about US being the journalists, Clay. And an excellent point made by you, Veritas.

I suppose I would feel "safer" if all our speculation and open dialogue about this case was in the mainstream media. Impossible as that would be. 

Safety in larger numbers. Perhaps that's what I mean. If more people know the facts then the chances of a public outcry and some kind of action being taken increases.

How it hurts my head to see the BBC produce a piece of dishonest and misleading crap like they did. If the case had merely fallen off the radar I would probably feel less angry. But each time it reappears we are deliberately misled, confused and treated like morons in what we're expected to accept as "news".

But I'm also becoming increasingly aware of how apathetic the general public seem to be with regards to Madeleine McCann and her parents. Is this because of the deeply purile nature of what has so far been reported. Are people just sick of the TYPE of coverage this case has attracted. Or do people simply not care.?

I don't know.

secrets and lies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.11.13 19:01

Secrets and Lies, IMO [still] CW is part of a "plan" ... I maintain faith in professionals looking for justice by choice of profession, both on UK and PT side. And I'm prepared to wait and see whether I was right or wrong on that feeling. Meanwhile the PT are going much stronger and directly to the "pain" points of the case. I think they're working in a tandem yes 

Back to top Go down

Post by secrets and lies on 20.11.13 21:28

I do hope so, Chatelaine.

secrets and lies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 20.11.13 21:33

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
The MSM is dead. Many people give up on it years ago, and nothing has demonstrated its uselessness more than the McCann case. The days of leading the great unwashed by the nose are well and truly behind us.

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on 20.11.13 23:18

Sally pelt wrote:
Clay Regazzoni wrote:
The MSM is dead. Many people give up on it years ago, and nothing has demonstrated its uselessness more than the McCann case. The days of leading the great unwashed by the nose are well and truly behind us.
Sadly, I disagree. I see no evidence of public gullibility waning, and while the media corporations may change shape, they are going nowhere. TPTB need them, and there is too much to lose. Expect to see the unholy trinity (Apple, Google, Microsoft)  consolidate the power of big media. Rest assured, the freedom of the net will vanish. We're all already in the web.

Veritas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.12.13 10:21

I've always thought that this case was going to boil down to issues of identity.

Although I tend to filter everything I see and hear these days through a "Maddie shaped hole" I did find this particularly chilling - especially with the timing of the McCann's unraveling and likely developments in the case in 2014.

http://aworldchaos.wordpress.com/2013/09/17/global-smart-id-for-all-uk-citizens/

(This post is dedicated to my friend Chillyheat, who I know loves this kind of stuff)

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum