The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

CRIMEWATCH: Redwood TRANSCRIPT and the two 'Smithman' efits - Has Redwood been guilty of perverting the course of justice? - Page 5 Mm11

CRIMEWATCH: Redwood TRANSCRIPT and the two 'Smithman' efits - Has Redwood been guilty of perverting the course of justice? - Page 5 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

CRIMEWATCH: Redwood TRANSCRIPT and the two 'Smithman' efits - Has Redwood been guilty of perverting the course of justice? - Page 5 Mm11

CRIMEWATCH: Redwood TRANSCRIPT and the two 'Smithman' efits - Has Redwood been guilty of perverting the course of justice? - Page 5 Regist10

CRIMEWATCH: Redwood TRANSCRIPT and the two 'Smithman' efits - Has Redwood been guilty of perverting the course of justice?

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is DCI Andy Redwood sincere in believing the Smiths were capable of providing two efits of the man they said they saw?

CRIMEWATCH: Redwood TRANSCRIPT and the two 'Smithman' efits - Has Redwood been guilty of perverting the course of justice? - Page 5 Vote_lcap21%CRIMEWATCH: Redwood TRANSCRIPT and the two 'Smithman' efits - Has Redwood been guilty of perverting the course of justice? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 22 ]
CRIMEWATCH: Redwood TRANSCRIPT and the two 'Smithman' efits - Has Redwood been guilty of perverting the course of justice? - Page 5 Vote_lcap15%CRIMEWATCH: Redwood TRANSCRIPT and the two 'Smithman' efits - Has Redwood been guilty of perverting the course of justice? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 16 ]
CRIMEWATCH: Redwood TRANSCRIPT and the two 'Smithman' efits - Has Redwood been guilty of perverting the course of justice? - Page 5 Vote_lcap21%CRIMEWATCH: Redwood TRANSCRIPT and the two 'Smithman' efits - Has Redwood been guilty of perverting the course of justice? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 22 ]
CRIMEWATCH: Redwood TRANSCRIPT and the two 'Smithman' efits - Has Redwood been guilty of perverting the course of justice? - Page 5 Vote_lcap43%CRIMEWATCH: Redwood TRANSCRIPT and the two 'Smithman' efits - Has Redwood been guilty of perverting the course of justice? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 47 ]

Total Votes : 107

CRIMEWATCH: Redwood TRANSCRIPT and the two 'Smithman' efits - Has Redwood been guilty of perverting the course of justice? - Page 5 Empty Re: CRIMEWATCH: Redwood TRANSCRIPT and the two 'Smithman' efits - Has Redwood been guilty of perverting the course of justice?

Post by ProfessorPPlum 18.11.13 11:05

plebgate wrote:How can anybody who is only 60-80% sure and didn't have their glasses on ever be a witness in any trial?
I can just see the jury room now. Henry Fonda asks "Did you see those little marks on either side of his nose?" "Why yes. What of them?" "Aren't they the marks made by eye glasses?" "Why yes, you're right they are!" 

I rest my case. Bang. Not guilty.

Activity : 425

Back to top Go down

CRIMEWATCH: Redwood TRANSCRIPT and the two 'Smithman' efits - Has Redwood been guilty of perverting the course of justice? - Page 5 Empty Re: CRIMEWATCH: Redwood TRANSCRIPT and the two 'Smithman' efits - Has Redwood been guilty of perverting the course of justice?

Post by Guest 18.11.13 11:07

ProfessorPPlum wrote:
plebgate wrote:How can anybody who is only 60-80% sure and didn't have their glasses on ever be a witness in any trial?
I can just see the jury room now. Henry Fonda asks "Did you see those little marks on either side of his nose?" "Why yes. What of them?" "Aren't they the marks made by eye glasses?" "Why yes, you're right they are!" 

I rest my case. Bang. Not guilty.
You're obviously a nicer person than me. I was thinking of Donald Pleasance in The Great Escape.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 18.11.13 11:09

Well, I can understand why Tony is querying why a statement was made?
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 18.11.13 11:18

Lance De Boils wrote:I think TB is referring to the part in Smith's statement where he says he'd met Murat previously, but he didn't wear his glasses then. [My paraphrasing.]

My reading is that he meant Murat didn't used to wear glasses.

TB reads it that Smith wasn't wearing his glasses. Forgive me if I've got that wrong, Tony.
That's also what I believe Smith meant.
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 18.11.13 11:35

So Murat was the one not wearing his glasses, but being only 60-80% sure,  would still not make a good witness, especially as it was dark and the man had his head down.  So imo Tony is right to question.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.11.13 11:51

Did the Smiths give e-fits to Henri Exton, Oakley International, and then they were persuaded to say they had never given e-fits to anyone?

snipped:

The second sighting was by Martin Smith and his family from Ireland, who saw a man carrying a child near the apartment just before 10pm.

The earlier Tanner sighting had always been treated as the most significant, but the Oakley team controversially poured cold water on her account.

Instead, they focused on the Smith sighting, travelling to Ireland to interview the family and produce E-Fits of the man they saw. Their report said the Smiths were “helpful and sincere” and concluded: “The Smith sighting is credible evidence of a sighting of Maddie and more credible than Jane Tanner’s sighting”. The evidence had been “neglected for too long” and an “overemphasis placed on Tanner”. 

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t8395-wow-a-must-read-madeleine-clues-hidden-for-five-years-sunday-times-full-article-now-on-page-1
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 18.11.13 12:15

I am more inclined to believe the Smith family testimony than not. They are a large family, several generations getting on well together, appreciative of a friendly village in a lovely country. They have not sought publicity, the opposite in fact.
They have been honest in what they did or didn't think they saw in terms of the variation in observation. One noticed the gait of the walker, the head turned out of sight, another the buttons on the trousers and their colour.
In terms of 'wearing glasses' and vision, this is a broader subject than just simple.
I need glasses to read and capture sharp detail. I am nevertheless very aware with my peripheral sight, which is especially more useful in darker rather than light situations.
Seeing is not just about 'acute detailed' vision, it is about interpreting one's surroundings.
The way a person walks, the bulk or form of his body, the way he carries a child, the arms of the child dangling, the colour of skin being unusually pale, the tonus of the child being limp, all this may be taken in on a 'subliminal' level, but can still render a valid 'perceived' sense, observation or memory.
Last night I saw a programme where police in USA had confronted a woman (suspected of killing her husband) with news that he was dead, to assess her reaction.
Her screams and tears were immediate, within a split second. The norm would be to be shocked, speechless, denying it as untrue, not possible, spluttering, wanting the message to be repeated in case it had wrongly been heard etc. In total, bad news takes a while to sink in.
Re the Smiths. Why would they immediately think that a man with a child in a holiday resort, used to family/ carrying children around in the evening time, would be the abductor.
One would immediately think an abduction would involve a car and a big distance within a short time-span, not a man parading around the streets with the abducted child on full view to a large family.
The Smiths were preoccupied with their own lives, their offspring going back to the UK next morning, their last night together, their own return to their own homes, the post, their busy daily lives.
If they were on the phone to each other a fortnight later and realised there may have been a connection, they made their statements to the police in Ireland straight away.
The Smiths will have been aware of the encounter from the point of view of what was 'visibly seen' and what was 'perceived' in terms of image, impression given and feelings/concerns.
As we all say. If it were an innocent man fetching or carrying his own child, why, with all of the publicity over the nigh on 7 years has this person not been found or come forward.
On the other hand, what was the nefarious Gerry doing at 10 p.m. We've seen enough lies, myths, innuendos etc. 'purported' from him.
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 18.11.13 17:22

Tony Bennett wrote:
russiandoll wrote:Tony I never thought I would say this about you of all people....you are beginning to sound like Textusa!
russiandoll, I have to hand it to you!

Your timing is impeccable!

The very next post on the thread, after the above, was Gillyspot reproducing a brilliant piece of analysis, complete with aerial photo, by...

Textusa
Apologies Tony.

I wanted the pic so that was all I used from Textusa big grin

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 18.11.13 18:54

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZS0wXpIIAAFIw8.jpg:large is this from crimewatch?
noddy100

Activity : 760

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 18.11.13 18:55

That pic is on twitter
Taken at ocean club same clothes but not MM
noddy100

Activity : 760

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.11.13 19:00

There's a topic about this photo called OC Picture Madeleine or not?

Not is the answer!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ProfessorPPlum 18.11.13 21:08

At risk of going off topic..ref. the whole business of the age difference between THIS MM and the one in the  'pool photo' - was it ever established whether the McCanns had holidayed at OC previously?

Activity : 425

Back to top Go down

Post by columbostogeys 19.11.13 7:17

bobbin wrote:I am more inclined to believe the Smith family testimony than not. They are a large family, several generations getting on well together, appreciative of a friendly village in a lovely country. They have not sought publicity, the opposite in fact.
They have been honest in what they did or didn't think they saw in terms of the variation in observation. One noticed the gait of the walker, the head turned out of sight, another the buttons on the trousers and their colour.
In terms of 'wearing glasses' and vision, this is a broader subject than just simple.
I need glasses to read and capture sharp detail. I am nevertheless very aware with my peripheral sight, which is especially more useful in darker rather than light situations.
Seeing is not just about 'acute detailed' vision, it is about interpreting one's surroundings.
The way a person walks, the bulk or form of his body, the way he carries a child, the arms of the child dangling, the colour of skin being unusually pale, the tonus of the child being limp, all this may be taken in on a 'subliminal' level, but can still render a valid 'perceived' sense, observation or memory.
Last night I saw a programme where police in USA had confronted a woman (suspected of killing her husband) with news that he was dead, to assess her reaction.
Her screams and tears were immediate, within a split second. The norm would be to be shocked, speechless, denying it as untrue, not possible, spluttering, wanting the message to be repeated in case it had wrongly been heard etc. In total, bad news takes a while to sink in.
Re the Smiths. Why would they immediately think that a man with a child in a holiday resort, used to family/ carrying children around in the evening time, would be the abductor.
One would immediately think an abduction would involve a car and a big distance within a short time-span, not a man parading around the streets with the abducted child on full view to a large family.
The Smiths were preoccupied with their own lives, their offspring going back to the UK next morning, their last night together, their own return to their own homes, the post, their busy daily lives.
If they were on the phone to each other a fortnight later and realised there may have been a connection, they made their statements to the police in Ireland straight away.
The Smiths will have been aware of the encounter from the point of view of what was 'visibly seen' and what was 'perceived' in terms of image, impression given and feelings/concerns.
As we all say. If it were an innocent man fetching or carrying his own child, why, with all of the publicity over the nigh on 7 years has this person not been found or come forward.
On the other hand, what was the nefarious Gerry doing at 10 p.m. We've seen enough lies, myths, innuendos etc. 'purported' from him.
Thats an AMAZINGLY great post. Thank you, totally agree with ALL OF IT.

Oh i wear glasses for reading and long distance. When I am out and about I never wear any of them........so I am seen with them on, and without them on, like a lot of people.

columbostogeys

Activity : 177

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe 22.11.13 19:44

Tony Bennett wrote:

Have a look at the following list of people that Redwood, after 6.5 years had elapsed, said he wanted to trace amd identify (post below the OP):

1. Smithman

2. A number of blond-haired men:

(a) Fair-haired man seen twice near the McCanns’ apartment

(b) Two man seen on the balcony of Apartment G5C

(c) A man seen near the stairwell of the McCanns’ apartment block at 6pm

3. Two men seen speaking ‘in raised voices’ an hour after Madeleine was reported missing

4. Unidentified burglars

5. Men seen lurking near the apartment the day Madeleine disappeared

6. Men seen lurking near the apartment during the days before Madeleine disappeared

7. Two men, possibly charity collectors, who went to apartments near G5A the day Madeleine went missing, one of them was ‘a man with black hair’

8. Another bloke with black hair seen approaching people on the balcony of G5A the week before Madeleine disappeared.

How likely is it that this is a genuine request for information from the British public, 99.9999% of whom have never been to Praia da Luz? 
Precisely and by the same hypothesis how genuine is a programme that cost circa £750,000 over a period of months to produce, only to be screened in the UK, Germany and the Netherlands, particularly in the vein that the former is the only english speaking nation.

So, we have to presume that the UK was the main target for this alleged 'cry for help.' How many UK residents were likely to have been in the Praia da Luz vicinity  at the beginning of May 2007. Lets be generous and suppose there were 100 and of that 100, how many would not have already materialised bringing forth their pearls of wisdom. I won't be quite so generous here and state none. In fact the only person who hasn't thus far attempted to cash in on the notoriety of the McCanns is this spurious 'British  holiday maker' conjured up by Inspector Clouseau to give credence to Jane Tanner's 'vision,'  perhaps more affectionately known as Tannerman.

If it weren't for the cost, this charade would have the British taxpayers laughing in the aisles, I bet the Taxpayer's Alliance won't be adopting this particular edition of Crimewatch as their Yultide logo. I live in Woodford, Essex, does anyone seriously believe that the police would be saturating Winston Churchill's former constituency with a high cost campaign to drum up witnesses to a bank robbery which occured in Glasgow.

Lest we forget, Inspector Clouseau's immortal words , ''and then re-analyse and re-assess everything – accepting nothing.''  closely followed by ''The careful and critical analysis of the timeline has been absolutely key. Primarily, we’re focused on the area between 8.30 and 10. We know that at 8.30, that was the time that Mr and Mrs McCann went down to the Tapas area for their dinner and we know that at around 10pm that night was when Mrs McCann found that Madeleine was missing.''

If our 'elite' team of Scotland Yard detectives  really were re-analysing, re-assessing everything and accepting nothing, then surely the timeline should be between 5.30 pm when Maddie was last independently seen alive and 10.pm when she was first proclaimed missing, as opposed to 8.30pm and 10.pm, which is entirely reliant on the McCann's account of their daughter's last sighting alive. Even f the McCanns evidence could be relied upon, the timeline should be between 9. 05 pm. when Gerry states he last saw his daughter alive and 10 pm, not 8.30 pm and 10.pm, because clearly nothing untoward had transpired between 8.30pm and 9.05 pm if the aforementioned is to be believed.

This really is prime time dumbed down extravaganza for the Sun readers. 
diatribe

Activity : 608

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 22.11.13 20:31

I wonder if Kate and Gerry were told something that might have been a bit upsetting to them just before the Crimewatch program went out live? Most of the interviews with them were pre-recorded, except at the end. But just at the beginning of the show, we got a brief glimpse of them sitting "live" in the studio, and the look on Kate's face is nothing short of dread. She may have been trying to look like a grieving mother, but all I see is dread and fear in her face, and stoic "I don't believe what I just heard" on Gerry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ8jmdWlB8Y
Around the 1:44 mark.
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Post by Romario 22.11.13 20:51

Mirage wrote:Not to mention Jane Tanner letting everyone run off in the opposite direction of the "abductor". But here is where AR stepped in and gently coaxed her to tell her story from the beginning, exactly as it happened. Point zero.

Just imagine the fight that woman must have put up against the disinhibiting effects of alcohol. She must have been repeating to herself "I must not let Kate know I've seen the abductor" until her head hurt. At all costs she had to protect Kate's feelings. Madeleine's can wait, she thought. She's quite capable of looking after herself.

Come on Janie girl, think about it, she's been looking after herself all week... and those two tiny tots as well. Besides, she'll wake up in a minute and give this man her tuppence worth.

Look at Kate. She's a wreck. I don't think it would be a good idea for us all to give the impression we know anything at this stage. The group know I've seen something. Thank God I didn't drop myself in it and tell them which way he actually went. At least we can all act natural and run about like headless chickens for a while, give the impression we're doing something constructive. That way no one will be any the wiser. I think if we run away from the beach area that would be a crumb of comfort. Actually catching the abductor could finish her off, the way she is at the moment, especially if he's got her anywhere near the water.

Tomorrow, when she's calmed down and maybe grabbed some rest, I can broach the subject ever so gently. Once I've explained I was only acting in her best interests I know she won't blame me. Forever friends - I just know that's what she'll say.

Now where was I? Err, hmm, you know I don't really,, I mean, I know at the moment. I suppose you're thinking I'm a fantasist but, you know, err, well, it's like I've just lost my train of thought sort of, you know.

........   And, this is what must have befallen AR. He returned to point zero with Jane Tanner and was never the same again.
lol:biggrin:
Romario
Romario

Activity : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe 22.11.13 20:52

canada12 wrote:I wonder if Kate and Gerry were told something that might have been a bit upsetting to them just before the Crimewatch program went out live? Most of the interviews with them were pre-recorded, except at the end. But just at the beginning of the show, we got a brief glimpse of them sitting "live" in the studio, and the look on Kate's face is nothing short of dread. She may have been trying to look like a grieving mother, but all I see is dread and fear in her face, and stoic "I don't believe what I just heard" on Gerry.

Famous last words----

Kate Mcann

''and ultimately, its not us who have committed this crime.''
diatribe

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 22.11.13 20:58

diatribe wrote:
canada12 wrote:I wonder if Kate and Gerry were told something that might have been a bit upsetting to them just before the Crimewatch program went out live? Most of the interviews with them were pre-recorded, except at the end. But just at the beginning of the show, we got a brief glimpse of them sitting "live" in the studio, and the look on Kate's face is nothing short of dread. She may have been trying to look like a grieving mother, but all I see is dread and fear in her face, and stoic "I don't believe what I just heard" on Gerry.

Famous last words----

Kate Mcann

''and ultimately, its not us who have committed this crime.''
Setting aside the 'ultimately' reference which is strange and open to interpretation/analysis. What really does matter is the definition of 'this crime'. No crime has actually been determined. Madeleine is missing. Her parents say she was abducted. The police however don't seem too keen to say that anymore.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by Romario 23.11.13 10:34

I just came across this thread and have been reading up on it. So if the Smith sighting was faked, why would Scotland Yard, who seem to be on the side of the Mccanns have anything to do with it, when in internet folklore the sighting is thought to be of Gerry and thereby points the finger squarely at him? Personally I never thought it looked like Gerry. But by releasing it, it seems SY have taken a photofit of a sighting that never was, which implicates Gerry (who's side we think they're on.) Anyone like to explain this?

The thing about Henri Exton and the Sunday Times article, was that it never rung true to me. It appears at first glance that Henri Exton was a good cop just trying to do his job and that lead him, inevitably, to question the Mccanns and to come up with the Smith sighting e-fits. But I mean come on, why would the Mccanns ever employ someone they thought would do a good job? Exton and Halligen would have had to have been 'onside' for them ever to be given the job. And moreover why did the Mccann's waste so much money on them? Were Exton and Halligen blackmailing them? And if they were and if they developed the efits as a statment to the Mccanns why not produce an e-fit that really looked like Gerry?

I presume I must be going over old ground here, so sorry if this has been discussed elsehwhere.
Romario
Romario

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 23.11.13 12:31

Thanks Romario. Perhaps I should have added that AR had to break the news very gently to JT that this man she'd described had come forward to reveal himself as crecheman.

Ever alert to positional and directional anomalies our Jane immediately raised an objection.

JT: No, that man could not have been coming from the crèche because he was going the wrong way. Err hmm, well you know, I suppose  I  err he could have been walking backwards with his arms stretched out like this and with err, hmm, you know, sort of lying across the body, err you know, sort of like this.

AR My dear Jane, by the time the viewing public have returned to point zero - equivalent to a journey spanning three times the earth's girdle - we will be entering the festive season. The CW update will be following a seasonal theme. This time the recon will show the tapas group taking turns to share Russell's fleece and sipping mulled wine. The BBC have tracked down a recording of "I'm walking backwards for Christmas" to be playing in the background.

We will then wish our audience the season's greetings and if they remember anything, no matter how significant, we will be urging them to keep it to themselves as a token of goodwill from the team.

...........   Just my take on it anyway. Cue: The Logical Song.  big grin
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs 23.11.13 12:56

"'and ultimately, its not us who have committed this crime.''

Oops

Innocent people distance themselves for the alegation of involvement in a crime.
They didn't do it so they naturally put distance between themselves and the event.

This is close, that is distancing

If there is a that there has to be a this

Here kate puts both herself and gerry close to the crime.

Which crime?
In the sample noted she doesn't say.

If she is referring to the disappearance of Maddie then she has droped herself and gerry right in the proverbial  ( rememebr OJ simpson in his book If I Did It?
In it he refers to MY GUILT

Innocent people will not and cannot take ownership of guilt for something they didn't do.
In coerced confessions where an innocent person admits responibilty there will be dropped pronouns, distancing lanaguage and reflected language, a good interrogator will see and hear this and know it's not a valid confession.

They cannot help but reveal the truth when they speak via their language, body language and behavior, the brain knows the truth and wants to relieve the stress so it tries to speak the truth.

As a result we see normally fluent speakers become verbally incompetent with lots of you know's, nonsense sounds, broken sentences and long pauses as they have to keep stopping to think before and during their talking to prevent incriminating evidence from leaking out.

Fortunately for us, they fail miserably.eyebrows 

Researcher/Analyst

Activity : 1825

http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Romario 23.11.13 13:25

Mirage wrote:Thanks Romario. Perhaps I should have added that AR had to break the news very gently to JT that this man she'd described had come forward to reveal himself as crecheman.

Ever alert to positional and directional anomalies our Jane immediately raised an objection.

JT: No, that man could not have been coming from the crèche because he was going the wrong way. Err hmm, well you know, I suppose  I  err he could have been walking backwards with his arms stretched out like this and with err, hmm, you know, sort of lying across the body, err you know, sort of like this.

AR My dear Jane, by the time the viewing public have returned to point zero - equivalent to a journey spanning three times the earth's girdle - we will be entering the festive season. The CW update will be following a seasonal theme. This time the recon will show the tapas group taking turns to share Russell's fleece and sipping mulled wine. The BBC have tracked down a recording of "I'm walking backwards for Christmas" to be playing in the background.

We will then wish our audience the season's greetings and if they remember anything, no matter how significant, we will be urging them to keep it to themselves as a token of goodwill from the team.

...........   Just my take on it anyway. Cue: The Logical Song.  big grin
clapping
Romario
Romario

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe 23.11.13 15:06

Romario wrote:I just came across this thread and have been reading up on it. So if the Smith sighting was faked, why would Scotland Yard, who seem to be on the side of the Mccanns have anything to do with it, when in internet folklore the sighting is thought to be of Gerry and thereby points the finger squarely at him? Personally I never thought it looked like Gerry. But by releasing it, it seems SY have taken a photofit of a sighting that never was, which implicates Gerry (who's side we think they're on.) Anyone like to explain this?

The thing about Henri Exton and the Sunday Times article, was that it never rung true to me. It appears at first glance that Henri Exton was a good cop just trying to do his job and that lead him, inevitably, to question the Mccanns and to come up with the Smith sighting e-fits. But I mean come on, why would the Mccanns ever employ someone they thought would do a good job? Exton and Halligen would have had to have been 'onside' for them ever to be given the job. And moreover why did the Mccann's waste so much money on them? Were Exton and Halligen blackmailing them? And if they were and if they developed the efits as a statment to the Mccanns why not produce an e-fit that really looked like Gerry?

I presume I must be going over old ground here, so sorry if this has been discussed elsehwhere.
It's my opinion and of course it is only an opinion, that many are perhaps understandably being distracted by these sightings and the behaviour of the McCann's friends post 10.pm. Undoubtably they were all lying, but not necessarily to cover the McCanns, they had their own reasons to do so. That's why their statements/explanations etc. don't coincide with the McCanns, sure they were obstructive, misleading and may have thought they were being helpful, but at the end of the day, they were after all friends and one simply doesn't intentionally implicate one's friends in a serious crime. 

However to assume that they deliberately conspired with the McCanns to simulate a crime scene and illegally dispose of a body is a quantum leap forward. I think it is also fanciful thinking to suppose that they have any intimate details of what actually transpired with Madeleine and knowledge of where her body is buried. My opinion is that whatever happened to Madeleine occurred between 5.30pm and circa 8.45 pm. Further that her body was disposed of prior to the McCann's departure for the Tapas bar and that anything after this time was purely enacted for theatrical purposes. Unless the McCanns had access to a vehicle, Madeleine's remains will still be interred within a 2 mile circumference of the apt. they were staying at. It is not correct to assume that the McCanns were not familiar with the local terrain, because Kate McCann had participated in 4 mile jogging exercise routines since their arrival in Priaia da Luz. I doubt whether there will have been any sightings of anyone carrying children in their arms, 3 yr. old children fit in large bags.

Much has been written about this case, many theories as to what actually transpired have been advanced, but at the end of the day, this really is a simple question of was there or was there not an abduction, if the latter, its a matter of where is the body buried and that's where the police investigation should be focussed, not on searching for mythical Sydney Cooke lookalikes, bogus charity collecters, petty off season burglars et al. Particularly the latter who are looking to steal cash, credit cards, ID, jewellery etc. not babies.

I don't subscribe to this being some kind of accident, if this were the case, the McCanns would not have gone to such extremes to cover it up, not even if they weren't present at the time. The only reason disposing of Madeleine's body makes any sense is if it were to avoid an autopsy which would have determined the cause of death.
diatribe

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe 23.11.13 15:14

Hobs wrote:

Innocent people will not and cannot take ownership of guilt for something they didn't do.
In coerced confessions where an innocent person admits responibilty there will be dropped pronouns, distancing lanaguage and reflected language, a good interrogator will see and hear this and know it's not a valid confession.

Not prior to the PACE 1984(Police and Criminal Evidence act) they wouldn't.  big grin
diatribe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23.11.13 16:06

diatribe wrote: [...] The only reason disposing of Madeleine's body makes any sense is if it were to avoid an autopsy which would have determined the cause of death.
I agree. May I add "time" of death to that?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top