The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Eight boys molest girl, 14, in street but not one faces charges

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Eight boys molest girl, 14, in street but not one faces charges

Post by ufercoffy on 14.04.10 9:22

By Fay Schlesinger
Last updated at 7:40 AM on 14th April 2010
Comments (91) Add to My Stories
A gang of boys who molested a girl of 14 have escaped prosecution because it is 'not in the public interest'. bigshock
The eight, aged from eight to 12, sexually assaulted the teenager as she walked to a friend's house during the day.
For five minutes they 'mauled her like animals', before she escaped.
A 14-year-old girl, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, and her mother have told of their outrage after the CPS decided not to pursue charges against her alleged attackers
Officers arrested the five boys aged over ten - the legal age of responsibility - and recommended charges.
But they are said to be furious after the Crown Prosecution Service refused to press charges, saying insufficient evidence meant it was not in the public interest.
It is thought it could prove hard to establish which of the boys, from Slovakian gipsy families, carried out different parts of the attack.
Last night the girl's 34-year-old mother condemned the authorities for failing to protect her daughter.
The mother, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, said: 'These dangerous little thugs are allowed to walk the streets.
'I shudder to think what will happen if they attack another girl. I'm deeply disappointed with the CPS.
'Something has to be done, if only to deter these yobs from ever doing anything so despicable again. But they're going to be smug as hell.'
The girl's ordeal took place as she walked in the Hillfields area of Coventry at midday on January 6.
The boys, from local Romany migrant families who settled in the city in the late 1990s, threw snowballs at her to attract her attention before surrounding her.

They then touched her 'all over', telling her she was pretty and saying they wanted her to be their girlfriend, she said.
West Midlands Police prepared a file for the CPS recommending charges be brought - but prosecutors refused.
CPS spokesman Patrick Noonan said: 'The age of the alleged attackers is not a difficulty.
'I have spoken to the prosecutor concerned and they have gone through the evidence in detail and decided it is not in the public interest to prosecute.'
Last night the girl described how she still suffers from nightmares and does not dare leave the house alone.
Her family have moved in with relatives at the other side of the city out of fear they will have to face the attackers again.
The 14-year-old, who wants to be a doctor when she is older, broke down as she said: 'I still have nightmares and can hear them laughing and mauling me like animals.'
The CPS decision not to prosecute left her feeling as if she had not been believed, she added.
'I did nothing wrong but still feel like I'm being treated like a liar,' she said. 'After what happened I get scared really easily.

'I can't even go out to meet my mates because I might bump into one of the people who attacked me.
'I'm not really sure how I can move on from this. I'm having to borrow my cousin's dog just to walk around because I don't feel safe.'
West Midlands Police sources said they were 'frustrated' by the decision after the girl 'was brave enough to come forward'.

A force spokesman said: 'We've done all we can to try to bring the case forward - there is nothing more we can do.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1265678/Fury-CPS-drops-prosecution-immigrant-boy-gang-molested-girl-14-public-interest.html#ixzz0l3pgnj94

ufercoffy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eight boys molest girl, 14, in street but not one faces charges

Post by littlepixie on 14.04.10 9:55

I can remember being chased across fields when I was a young girl by a gang of lads screaming "lets rape her" The gang was comprised of some boys who were about 12 and some who were a lot younger.
I was terrified, I didnt even know what rape was (and probably neither did they) but knew it was something terrible. My younger brother was with me at the time. A few minutes earlier we had all been playing happily together on a rope swing.
It only ended when I stumbled on a divot and broke my ankle and screamed blue murder and they backed off.
I dont know if they would have harmed me but it felt like they would at the time.
Its disgusting that these boys seem to have got away with what they did to that poor girl and she is the one who is scared to go out. There is sometimes a "pack mentality" that overcomes young boys and if they aren't taken in hand by someone, somewhere what does it lead to?
I have posted before about my Gr-Grandad being sent to Court and banished to the Navy for being allowed to "wander" in the late 1800's. He was 14. At the time there was large gangs of youths terrorising central Manchester. I am not advocating sending these boys to the Navy - but they can't be left to just run feral.

littlepixie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry on 15.04.10 18:50

I think it is disgusting the CPS wont prosecute, what kind of message does this send out!

Cherry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 15.04.10 21:03

@Cherry wrote:I think it is disgusting the CPS won't prosecute, what kind of message does this send out!
Um, haven't the CPS remembered the two words: 'joint enterprise'?

On the subject of not prosecuting, I was in Court 6 at the High Court in the Strand today watching the appeal of Ricky Percival in the Court of Appeal.

The 'Vinden' case came up. Vinden, an Essex gypsy, attacked two teenagers in an unprovoked attack (except they were on 'his' land which he'd acquired by brute force off another gypsy), wielding a machete in their faces. Both nearly died. Vinden was charged, I think with GBH, but when the case came to court last year, the police and CPS applied for the prosecution to be dropped by submitting to the judge a 'public interest immunity certificate'. This is done when 'state security' is at risk or, as in this case (so it was claimed), if the evidence is heard, 'an informer's welfare could be jeopardised'.

The real question is probably: 'What has Vinden got on corrupt Essex police officers?'

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

'Traveller tried to force me to sell my farm' - 3:00pm Monday 5th October 2009

A MAN claimed a traveller tried to force him to sell his farm after extorting land from his brother.

Gary Turner, of Canewdon Road, Rochford, said Sam Vinden, 36, and Christopher Line, 26, both formerly of Oak Lane, Crays Hill, attempted to make him sell.

Mr Vinden and Mr Line have brought civil action against Mr Turner and brother Mark, claiming £150,000 was paid for a field, before Mr Line’s signature was forged to transfer ownership back to the Turners.

Central London County Court heard the Turners claim Mark registered it to Mr Line in October 2006, under duress, after being kidnapped and threatened by the pair, who he gave £20,000.

Mark Turner initially did not tell his brother about the transfer to prevent him becoming involved, the court heard.

Gary Turner said: “Mr Vinden introduced himself as the new owner. I said I was surprised Mark sold it. He just laughed.”

He claimed Mr Vinden then kept asking him to sell.

Mr Turner said: “He said I would sell, that it was in my interest. He said ask your brother, we cut his hair off.”

Mr Turner said attacks on his property followed, including smashed windows on his bungalow and vehicles. His home was photographed and a shotgun cartridge left in a phone box outside his home after a bang, he said.

Police gave the Turner brothers a special 999 link and Gary Turner was warned his life was in danger, the court heard.

Late in 2007, the Turners claim they were contacted by an unnamed Romany promising to get the land back, because of the gipsy community’s disgust at Vinden and Line, the court heard.

Gary Turner claimed to meet the man in a layby, exchanging documents to put the land in his name.

He said six days later, a firebomb was thrown through his brother’s window and there was a firebomb attempt at his bungalow.

Some days after that he took a truck to be repaired at a garage in Rochford, but it was found by police the next day burnt out, he said.

Mark Turner’s wife, Tracey, suffered a panic attack in court, and was excused from giving evidence on Friday. Jemal Demachkie, for Mr Vinden and Line, said: “None of this happened. It is not true Mr Vinden asked to buy your land. He did not threaten or cajole you, did he?”

The court heard Gary Turner was arrested in connection with the land transfer before Mr Line and Vinden brought the civil case.

COMMENTS

3:34pm Mon 5 Oct 09

Would this be the same Sam Vinden (variously described as being 36, 38 etc ) who is so frightened of being attacked (due to his 'job' as a police informer) that he routinely carries a machete? Accused of awful torture but mysteriously the police drop the case. Draw your own conclusions.
The same Sam Vinden who is a dole monkey? So what did he do to get £150K in cash then? Save up his sweetie money as a nipper?
He's honestly and morally challenged and a complete thug. Yet our police keep him on the street. For shame!

teddy girl, rochford says...
3:54pm Mon 5 Oct 09

i agree with ethan the cps and police seem to have forgotten that they are here to protect the innocent hard working public but they seem to protect the scum in this country. sam vinden has been in the papers more times for hurting people and still gets away with it . his accomplice line has now admitted to cutting the teenager boys that they got off with now is the cps going to reopen the case or are they going to hide the truth again? .how many people have these men got to hurt or kill before they are behind bars where scum belong.

It is a disease in this country that none of the political parties have the will to fix. Perhaps people power will come back soon?

BMNO6, neverland says...
5:51pm Mon 5 Oct 09

Essex police, again, Google Lee Balkwell I think you will be surprised, worth a look.

Vernon Carter, Basildon says...
6:36pm Mon 5 Oct 09

It's worth knowing that Mr Vinden is a Freemason. Expect this case to fizzle out!!

bumper, sorry its not my town or village says...
10:06pm Mon 5 Oct 09

just one word SCUM

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Laffin Assasin on 16.04.10 0:05

Joint Enterprise, I recall it, I recall copying you into an email I sent.

On reflection, how does that reflect to GERRY + KATE McCann ?

It's an old law that was set up to combat "DUELING" IIRC.

recently initiated to "combat" gang crime, IIRC.

Laffin Assasin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Laffin Assasin on 16.04.10 0:11

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Cherry wrote:I think it is disgusting the CPS won't prosecute, what kind of message does this send out!
Um, haven't the CPS remembered the two words: 'joint enterprise'?

On the subject of not prosecuting, I was in Court 6 at the High Court in the Strand today watching the appeal of Ricky Percival in the Court of Appeal.

The 'Vinden' case came up. Vinden, an Essex gypsy, attacked two teenagers in an unprovoked attack (except they were on 'his' land which he'd acquired by brute force off another gypsy), wielding a machete in their faces. Both nearly died. Vinden was charged, I think with GBH, but when the case came to court last year, the police and CPS applied for the prosecution to be dropped by submitting to the judge a 'public interest immunity certificate'. This is done when 'state security' is at risk or, as in this case (so it was claimed), if the evidence is heard, 'an informer's welfare could be jeopardised'.

The real question is probably: 'What has Vinden got on corrupt Essex police officers?'

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

'Traveller tried to force me to sell my farm' - 3:00pm Monday 5th October 2009

A MAN claimed a traveller tried to force him to sell his farm after extorting land from his brother.

Gary Turner, of Canewdon Road, Rochford, said Sam Vinden, 36, and Christopher Line, 26, both formerly of Oak Lane, Crays Hill, attempted to make him sell.

Mr Vinden and Mr Line have brought civil action against Mr Turner and brother Mark, claiming £150,000 was paid for a field, before Mr Line’s signature was forged to transfer ownership back to the Turners.

Central London County Court heard the Turners claim Mark registered it to Mr Line in October 2006, under duress, after being kidnapped and threatened by the pair, who he gave £20,000.

Mark Turner initially did not tell his brother about the transfer to prevent him becoming involved, the court heard.

Gary Turner said: “Mr Vinden introduced himself as the new owner. I said I was surprised Mark sold it. He just laughed.”

He claimed Mr Vinden then kept asking him to sell.

Mr Turner said: “He said I would sell, that it was in my interest. He said ask your brother, we cut his hair off.”

Mr Turner said attacks on his property followed, including smashed windows on his bungalow and vehicles. His home was photographed and a shotgun cartridge left in a phone box outside his home after a bang, he said.

Police gave the Turner brothers a special 999 link and Gary Turner was warned his life was in danger, the court heard.

Late in 2007, the Turners claim they were contacted by an unnamed Romany promising to get the land back, because of the gipsy community’s disgust at Vinden and Line, the court heard.

Gary Turner claimed to meet the man in a layby, exchanging documents to put the land in his name.

He said six days later, a firebomb was thrown through his brother’s window and there was a firebomb attempt at his bungalow.

Some days after that he took a truck to be repaired at a garage in Rochford, but it was found by police the next day burnt out, he said.

Mark Turner’s wife, Tracey, suffered a panic attack in court, and was excused from giving evidence on Friday. Jemal Demachkie, for Mr Vinden and Line, said: “None of this happened. It is not true Mr Vinden asked to buy your land. He did not threaten or cajole you, did he?”

The court heard Gary Turner was arrested in connection with the land transfer before Mr Line and Vinden brought the civil case.

COMMENTS

3:34pm Mon 5 Oct 09

Would this be the same Sam Vinden (variously described as being 36, 38 etc ) who is so frightened of being attacked (due to his 'job' as a police informer) that he routinely carries a machete? Accused of awful torture but mysteriously the police drop the case. Draw your own conclusions.
The same Sam Vinden who is a dole monkey? So what did he do to get £150K in cash then? Save up his sweetie money as a nipper?
He's honestly and morally challenged and a complete thug. Yet our police keep him on the street. For shame!

teddy girl, rochford says...
3:54pm Mon 5 Oct 09

i agree with ethan the cps and police seem to have forgotten that they are here to protect the innocent hard working public but they seem to protect the scum in this country. sam vinden has been in the papers more times for hurting people and still gets away with it . his accomplice line has now admitted to cutting the teenager boys that they got off with now is the cps going to reopen the case or are they going to hide the truth again? .how many people have these men got to hurt or kill before they are behind bars where scum belong.

It is a disease in this country that none of the political parties have the will to fix. Perhaps people power will come back soon?

BMNO6, neverland says...
5:51pm Mon 5 Oct 09

Essex police, again, Google Lee Balkwell I think you will be surprised, worth a look.

Vernon Carter, Basildon says...
6:36pm Mon 5 Oct 09

It's worth knowing that Mr Vinden is a Freemason. Expect this case to fizzle out!!

bumper, sorry its not my town or village says...
10:06pm Mon 5 Oct 09

just one word SCUM

http://twitter.com/mikegunnill

Off to Scunthorpe & LA
about 9 hours ago via TweetDeck

What does Mr Gunnill think he's upto ?

Laffin Assasin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kary on 16.04.10 1:00

Did he want to buy you a drink???