The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.


Jill Havern
Forum owner

Unrealistic accounts of events

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Unrealistic accounts of events

Post by aquila on 11.11.13 19:00

@secrets and lies wrote:Such a cheerful, self satisfied sounding blog.

Writing like this was such a risk, IMO, at a time when they wanted to get the public on side to inflate the fund. Would any PR advisor in their right mind ok the writing of such smug and inappropriate  crap? At such a delicate time. Perhaps he intended to fill a book with these entries further down the line but Kate beat him to it.

It's as if GM had always wanted to write a blog and now he had a legitimate excuse. Suddenly he was interesting to the public. Perhaps he just HAD to write this blog, even against advise, because it was too good an opportunity, NOT to.

I think this writing, childish and mundane as it is, gives a valuable insight into the character of GM. His love of being in the media and his sense of being untouchable. Perhaps he thought that people would buy this as a the stream-of-consciousness of a man in a state of deep shock but that is not the message these extracts deliver to me.

To me, they say, "I'm Gerry McCann, and I am VERY important. How's YOUR day?".
the one entry that really got my hackles up (I can't be bothered to look it up) was along the lines of...some of you may have noticed the twins had a haircut....

What the hell was that about? Wasn't the world and his feckin wife looking for Madeleine?

I apologise for the use of foul language.

aquila

Posts : 7957
Reputation : 1182
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unrealistic accounts of events

Post by Mirage on 11.11.13 19:03

@aquila wrote:
@secrets and lies wrote:Such a cheerful, self satisfied sounding blog.

Writing like this was such a risk, IMO, at a time when they wanted to get the public on side to inflate the fund. Would any PR advisor in their right mind ok the writing of such smug and inappropriate  crap? At such a delicate time. Perhaps he intended to fill a book with these entries further down the line but Kate beat him to it.

It's as if GM had always wanted to write a blog and now he had a legitimate excuse. Suddenly he was interesting to the public. Perhaps he just HAD to write this blog, even against advise, because it was too good an opportunity, NOT to.

I think this writing, childish and mundane as it is, gives a valuable insight into the character of GM. His love of being in the media and his sense of being untouchable. Perhaps he thought that people would buy this as a the stream-of-consciousness of a man in a state of deep shock but that is not the message these extracts deliver to me.

To me, they say, "I'm Gerry McCann, and I am VERY important. How's YOUR day?".
the one entry that really got my hackles up (I can't be bothered to look it up) was along the lines of...some of you may have noticed the twins had a haircut....

What the hell was that about? Wasn't the world and his feckin wife looking for Madeleine?

I apologise for the use of foul language.
Granted. big grin

____________________
Kate McCann: "It's too 'ot. Give 'im a minute."

Mirage

Posts : 1667
Reputation : 382
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unrealistic accounts of events

Post by Daisy on 11.11.13 19:06

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Daisy: this page from the Find Madeleine website must surely be aimed at children.
 
http://www.findmadeleine.com/about_madeleine/index.html

Lives with her mummy and daddy........etc.

The last paragraph is a very odd way to talk about a little girl, particularly one who is supposedly with paedophiles.
So weird. It gives me the creeps reading that. Makes me wonder just who is their target audience? Scrap that question I think I already know the answer.

____________________
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”   

Unknown


“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

Posts : 1245
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Yorkshire, England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unrealistic accounts of events

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 11.11.13 19:17

@Daisy wrote:
No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Daisy: this page from the Find Madeleine website must surely be aimed at children.
 
http://www.findmadeleine.com/about_madeleine/index.html

Lives with her mummy and daddy........etc.

The last paragraph is a very odd way to talk about a little girl, particularly one who is supposedly with paedophiles.
So weird. It gives me the creeps reading that. Makes me wonder just who is their target audience? Scrap that question I think I already know the answer.
Weird…sounds like a description Battersea Dogs Home use to try and "sell" an inmate for rehoming. Creepy and inappropriate,

____________________
The truth will out.

Smokeandmirrors
Moderator

Posts : 2428
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2011-07-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unrealistic accounts of events

Post by aquila on 11.11.13 19:20

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:
@Daisy wrote:
No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Daisy: this page from the Find Madeleine website must surely be aimed at children.
 
http://www.findmadeleine.com/about_madeleine/index.html

Lives with her mummy and daddy........etc.

The last paragraph is a very odd way to talk about a little girl, particularly one who is supposedly with paedophiles.
So weird. It gives me the creeps reading that. Makes me wonder just who is their target audience? Scrap that question I think I already know the answer.
Weird…sounds like a description Battersea Dogs Home use to try and "sell" an inmate for rehoming. Creepy and inappropriate,
...and in six and a half years it hasn't been updated.

aquila

Posts : 7957
Reputation : 1182
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unrealistic accounts of events

Post by Guest on 11.11.13 19:28

In that case, Tanner Man will be there for a lot longer too!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Unrealistic accounts of events

Post by tigger on 11.11.13 19:30

@Mirage wrote:
@aquila wrote:
@secrets and lies wrote:Such a cheerful, self satisfied sounding blog.

Writing like this was such a risk, IMO, at a time when they wanted to get the public on side to inflate the fund. Would any PR advisor in their right mind ok the writing of such smug and inappropriate  crap? At such a delicate time. Perhaps he intended to fill a book with these entries further down the line but Kate beat him to it.

It's as if GM had always wanted to write a blog and now he had a legitimate excuse. Suddenly he was interesting to the public. Perhaps he just HAD to write this blog, even against advise, because it was too good an opportunity, NOT to.

I think this writing, childish and mundane as it is, gives a valuable insight into the character of GM. His love of being in the media and his sense of being untouchable. Perhaps he thought that people would buy this as a the stream-of-consciousness of a man in a state of deep shock but that is not the message these extracts deliver to me.

To me, they say, "I'm Gerry McCann, and I am VERY important. How's YOUR day?".
the one entry that really got my hackles up (I can't be bothered to look it up) was along the lines of...some of you may have noticed the twins had a haircut....

What the hell was that about? Wasn't the world and his feckin wife looking for Madeleine?

I apologise for the use of foul language.
Granted. big grin
Wow! Posted this and was busy all day, glad the dirty nappies got noticed as I did when I posted it. 

This particular fairy tale was the first day of the blog on 20/5/07. 

In her account of the truth -   Kate, as ever out of sync with hubby, wrote that one day they had to collect the twins from the creche themselves!

Quote: monday 7th May.....  When lunchtime came, Gerry and I .....when we discovered there was no-one around to collect Sean and Amelie. We had to interrupt proceedings and go to the Toddler Club ourselves....unquote.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 25
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unrealistic accounts of events

Post by Mirage on 11.11.13 19:37

You're spoilt for choice with GM.

Seventeen days after your daughter has been taken, supposedly by a paedophile gang ( Goncalo recently said it was an obsession with GM), and you give a blow by blow account of everyone getting up in the morning, showering, having breakfast etc

Incidentally, if we wrote tosh like that in our English essays in junior school we would get a rap with a ruler and a banshee scream of "piffle" ringing in our ears.

I digress. He can top this though.  First blog -20th May 2007 still - and up he comes with this for public edification:

Kate is a keen runner and in the last few days has tried to include a run in the daily routine. Yesterday (Sat) at 7am we ran to the monument at the top of the steep cliff overlooking Praia de Luz. We reached it in 19 minutes.

And wearing their watches, too! 

But we must remember, the first few days were the worst. After that you get strength from somewhere.

 Yeah, right! All those favours Uncle John said you were calling in must have built you up your strength up a bit like Popeye swallowing a can of spinach. A very pro-active family, he said. You can say that again.

S'truth! What planet are these people on?

____________________
Kate McCann: "It's too 'ot. Give 'im a minute."

Mirage

Posts : 1667
Reputation : 382
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unrealistic accounts of events

Post by ultimaThule on 11.11.13 21:34

Mirage quoted from Gerry's first blog: Kate is a keen runner and in the last few days has tried to include a run in the daily routine. Yesterday (Sat) at 7am we ran to the monument at the top of the steep cliff overlooking Praia de Luz. We reached it in 19 minutes.

Before breakfast? eh  Would that be with the twins in their dirty nappies strapped to their backs? confused 

ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unrealistic accounts of events

Post by Pennypennypenny on 11.11.13 21:50

The pair of them don't belong on this planet. They are completely out of sync with normal rational thinking people who feel, who love, who have empathy.

Pennypennypenny

Posts : 43
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unrealistic accounts of events

Post by Cristobell on 11.11.13 22:05

@Mirage wrote:You're spoilt for choice with GM.

Seventeen days after your daughter has been taken, supposedly by a paedophile gang ( Goncalo recently said it was an obsession with GM), and you give a blow by blow account of everyone getting up in the morning, showering, having breakfast etc

Incidentally, if we wrote tosh like that in our English essays in junior school we would get a rap with a ruler and a banshee scream of "piffle" ringing in our ears.

I digress. He can top this though.  First blog -20th May 2007 still - and up he comes with this for public edification:

Kate is a keen runner and in the last few days has tried to include a run in the daily routine. Yesterday (Sat) at 7am we ran to the monument at the top of the steep cliff overlooking Praia de Luz. We reached it in 19 minutes.

And wearing their watches, too! 

But we must remember, the first few days were the worst. After that you get strength from somewhere.

 Yeah, right! All those favours Uncle John said you were calling in must have built you up your strength up a bit like Popeye swallowing a can of spinach. A very pro-active family, he said. You can say that again.

S'truth! What planet are these people on?
The arrogance is breathtaking! He is making it the Gerry and Kate Show, directing the focus onto the minutiae of their heroic lives - I thought the matching jogging outfits were a nice touch, and maybe they had a HisandHers sportswear line in their wider agenda, oh what might have been. I know they got as far as producing a Maddie 'belt' badge, which Kate wore as she arrived at the police station. I kid you not, this picture exists. 

I think when Gerry realised no-one gave a rats arse about his achievements, he packed it in, he may have also realised that he was in fact digging a dirty great hole which a police force may one day in future, use against him. It was all about hits on the website and paypal button - he threw a wobby when newspapers were lifting his blogs and stopping donations.

The pro-active family have a gift for fundraising, its the reason Kate was made Ambassador for Missing People, except she hasn't got the enthusiasm when its not for herself.

Cristobell

Posts : 2436
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-10-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unrealistic accounts of events

Post by sami on 11.11.13 22:10

Cristobell, yes I remember the belt badge and cuddle cat peeping out the top of her bag.

Not so staged either of them, on the way back out following the arguido interviews.

There was a movie in the pipeline, I'm sure of it.  The spanner in the works was that too many questions continued to be asked, they had gambled on the dust settling and then the big block buster, money making movie.  Money all their own, no need for it to go into the fund.

sami

Posts : 962
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2012-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unrealistic accounts of events

Post by Cristobell on 11.11.13 22:13

@tigger wrote:
@Mirage wrote:
@aquila wrote:
@secrets and lies wrote:Such a cheerful, self satisfied sounding blog.

Writing like this was such a risk, IMO, at a time when they wanted to get the public on side to inflate the fund. Would any PR advisor in their right mind ok the writing of such smug and inappropriate  crap? At such a delicate time. Perhaps he intended to fill a book with these entries further down the line but Kate beat him to it.

It's as if GM had always wanted to write a blog and now he had a legitimate excuse. Suddenly he was interesting to the public. Perhaps he just HAD to write this blog, even against advise, because it was too good an opportunity, NOT to.

I think this writing, childish and mundane as it is, gives a valuable insight into the character of GM. His love of being in the media and his sense of being untouchable. Perhaps he thought that people would buy this as a the stream-of-consciousness of a man in a state of deep shock but that is not the message these extracts deliver to me.

To me, they say, "I'm Gerry McCann, and I am VERY important. How's YOUR day?".
the one entry that really got my hackles up (I can't be bothered to look it up) was along the lines of...some of you may have noticed the twins had a haircut....

What the hell was that about? Wasn't the world and his feckin wife looking for Madeleine?

I apologise for the use of foul language.
Granted. big grin
Wow! Posted this and was busy all day, glad the dirty nappies got noticed as I did when I posted it. 

This particular fairy tale was the first day of the blog on 20/5/07. 

In her account of the truth -   Kate, as ever out of sync with hubby, wrote that one day they had to collect the twins from the creche themselves!

Quote: monday 7th May.....  When lunchtime came, Gerry and I .....when we discovered there was no-one around to collect Sean and Amelie. We had to interrupt proceedings and go to the Toddler Club ourselves....unquote.
I'm sadly reading this thread backwards, but had to agree Tigger, that 'had to go to the Toddler Club' themselves conveys their sense of entitlement, but it does also beg the question what the feck were all the friends and relatives doing?  Other than enjoying a free holiday courtesy of Warners!  I even read somewhere (I wish I had kept it) that they would go along to the tapas for more bottles of (free) wine during the evenings. However the people from Warners etc, etc, etc, have kept quiet all these years I will never know.

Cristobell

Posts : 2436
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-10-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unrealistic accounts of events

Post by Sietah on 11.11.13 22:21

@Cristobell wrote:
The arrogance is breathtaking! He is making it the Gerry and Kate Show, directing the focus onto the minutiae of their heroic lives - I thought the matching jogging outfits were a nice touch, and maybe they had a HisandHers sportswear line in their wider agenda, oh what might have been. I know they got as far as producing a Maddie 'belt' badge, which Kate wore as she arrived at the police station. I kid you not, this picture exists. 

____________________
Mummy, why didn't you come when we were crying last night?

Sietah

Posts : 112
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unrealistic accounts of events

Post by Mirage on 11.11.13 22:24

Gallows humour alive and well on this thread.

This pair are unbelievable. I've known some serious narcissists in my time but never in my life have I witnessed aberrant behaviour on such a scale.

When you read the puerile drivel in that blog it makes you wonder how this man became a consultant cardiologist. It's enough to give you a tachycardia just thinking about it.

____________________
Kate McCann: "It's too 'ot. Give 'im a minute."

Mirage

Posts : 1667
Reputation : 382
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unrealistic accounts of events

Post by Guest on 11.11.13 22:26

@Sietah wrote:
That really is the most ridiculous photo. What the hell was she thinking with that cuddlecat sticking out of her bag?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Unrealistic accounts of events

Post by Pennypennypenny on 11.11.13 22:26

Omg that belt! How crass.

Pennypennypenny

Posts : 43
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unrealistic accounts of events

Post by Guest on 11.11.13 22:28

I'm surprised that those badges have never been amongst the old tat available on the Find Madeleine website.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Unrealistic accounts of events

Post by Cristobell on 11.11.13 22:28

@sami wrote:Cristobell, yes I remember the belt badge and cuddle cat peeping out the top of her bag.

Not so staged either of them, on the way back out following the arguido interviews.

There was a movie in the pipeline, I'm sure of it.  The spanner in the works was that too many questions continued to be asked, they had gambled on the dust settling and then the big block buster, money making movie.  Money all their own, no need for it to go into the fund.
I thought the badge was especially tacky - but there was much to choose between.

Agreed.  I think there was a movie in the pipeline - but the public backlash was pretty fierce.  Naturally the McCanns blamed it on a few internet nutters, but it was distasteful in the extreme.  The interview with Vanity Fair was amazing (available on McCann Files) - give a real insight into the minds of the McCanns when they were 'hot' news.  The first words that sprung to my mind were megalomanic, narcissist and sociopath!  Gerry I think, truly believed that pop stars, sports champions and the literati would come together with events all of the world to raise money for Madeleine!  An annual event possibly topped off with the canonisation of himself and Kate as saints by Pope Francis himself - Rome could once again prepare itself for them. 

I sometimes feel as though I am watching a pantomime!

Cristobell

Posts : 2436
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-10-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unrealistic accounts of events

Post by Cristobell on 11.11.13 22:38

@admin wrote:
@Sietah wrote:
That really is the most ridiculous photo. What the hell was she thinking with that cuddlecat sticking out of her bag?
I think there may have been plans to sell 'Cuddlecats' - the start of a merchandising campaign? Get your toddler a cuddlycat like Missing Maddie's for Christmas!  Yes, the strategically placed Cuddlecat fooled no-one (except Karen Matthews and sofa Queens) and was probably suggested by someone with a D in GCSE media studies.  Ditto the grotesque badge with the out of date picture of her missing child.

Cristobell

Posts : 2436
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-10-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unrealistic accounts of events

Post by Hobs on 11.11.13 23:03

In statement analysis everything the subject says is important  whether it be vague, i got up went to work  went home etc or if it goes into minutea, I got up i went to the bathroom, i washed my hands etc.

When we talk or write we self edit, erasing the poitless trivia we do each day and talking about what is actually relevant to what is being discussed.

When we analyse we look for the important things in relation to the subject not ourselves.

We look for pronouns, where the subject takes ownership of what is being sais (I) we look for where they go missing or change and if the change is warranted.

We look for ommisions in time (temporal lacuna) where they occur and if the gap is relevant or not ( gap in time during a crime or event is important, gap in time going to sleep and waking up is expected)

We look at the order of things, order is important, where does the subject start their statement ( this is important to the subject) what order does he place things ( family, friends, workmates etc, the order tells us what is important to the subject, if he says family, friends, wife then it is probable things aren't great with the marriage) we look for chronological order, an event will follow a certain path, beginning, middle, end, if the subject jumps around say middle begiinning end or things are out of chroological order (i gave him cpr, the shock hit him and he collapsed, he wasn't breathing i couldn't feel a pulse. You get the drift) We look for the expected  thus the unexpected will stand out.
We assume the subject is telling the truth thus anything  unusual or unexpected will stand out. We know failry well what we wouuld do in a certain scenario ( in my case i see a spider, i watch it closely whilst i grab the nearest spider eating cats if it is within reach or they are around, if they aren't depending on location is is the slipper, if it is big and high it is the dyson of doom, the fastest and scariest ride the spider will have.) We know to a great extent how things will go in order of priority, family, friends etc. With children we usually go in order of age, this can change depending on topic to boys/girls, girls/boys, trouble/not in trouble, talent/no talent. We know thus anything out of order will catch our attention, it may be something innocuos and relevant only to the subject and wil make sense in context, it may be something  incriminating say a man with a missing wife will put a close female friend before family, friends etc. it gets our attention because it is unexpected, we would put family as more im portant than friends or an individual. She isn't a family member , is a friend yet warrants priority over both, she is important to him , enough that he gives her priority. Later we see he killed his wife and was having an affair with the woman.

What is intersting in gerry's blogs are the prioritys.

On first publishing, on the page that was supposed to be all about Maddie, we would expect to hear about her character, her likes and dislikes, a description, things that were important to us to help find her, a description to humanise her, describe her as a little girl needing to be back with her family rather than a body.

She warranted a whole 7 words which was enitrely unexpected and a huge red flag to me.

The rest of it was about the twins, gerry and kate.

It was as if she was nothing to the family, a pet, an object rather than a living breathing, loving little girl.

Obviously gerry was paying attention to blogs as i and many others commented on this glaring red flag and subsequently amended it.

Gerry is very aware of what is said about him and will change things where possible to paint him in a good light, where he can't enable a change, he will minimise, redirect attention to someone else or sue or threaten to sue to have the comments removed.
Classic narcissitic behavior.
I suspect at home as the baby he was spolied and as he grew up blamed everyone else and their dog when he was naughty or something didn't get done.

What i note in the blogs is how little is about maddie and how much is about him, the twins and kate. How he goes into minute detail about irrelevant stuff, how anyone helping out is minimised or downplayed whilst he does the great i am. I did all these meetings, spoke to all the se people, oh and family members cooked dinner after a really long day.

I wonder if he even wanted kids, kids are selfish little buggers, gerry is a big selfish bugger, it would have been chaos in the house with 3 small toddlers and a big one all making demands, it is no wonder kate obssessed about sleep.
Kids would be competion for  kate's attention, and competition against gerry.
I wonder if kate wanted children and gerry didn't. When they found out they couldn't conceive naturally was gerry relieved i ask?

Who pushed for IVF?

I wonder who was at fault for the infertility  kate would feel guilt ( not a perfect woman, catholic doctrine even if not a devout one it would be in her psyche) if gerry then would feel anger rather than guilt ( huge blow to ego that he wasn't a man's man, he wasn't perfect, he who demanded perfection from everyone and everthing, who always got his own way couldn't father children naturally)

IVF is hard on the woman physically and emotionally, hugely expensive especially with multiple cycles, stressful waitng for a positive on the test.
How many cycles did she go through before each success, what type of IVF did they have, were donor eggs or sperm used, are the parents of the twins the same parents of Maddie?

There are various combinations of egg and sperm from kate and gerry and donors, I would be interested to know what type of IVF were used and who provided what since it could provide a motive for one and explain the distance between kate and gerry and the twins.

Even if both were the parents, the fact that IVF was used could be a motive, there was no 'bond' so to speak, and, given that she was born almost perfect, we have motive for her death and also an explanation for their distancing from her.

She wasn't perfect, she was conceived in a test tube so not 'really ours' she had health issues (the eye) behavioral issues ( temper, demanding attention, screaming possibly autism spectrum perhaps?)  imperfect was not acceptable especially to gerry.  Maddie demanded and got attention whilst gerry didn't. Over time this can build up resentment, anger and ...

The sedation was perhaps kate's only way to maintain her samity, a sleeping child is a safe child, she can concentrate on gerry and a happy gerry means a safe kate, a safe kate is a happy kate.

We know he chased her all the way to NZ to woo her, i wonder if perhaps she went to the other side of the world to escape him?

These are all suppositions of mine, my own opinion on the family dynamics.

What is clear is that this is a family in a toxic relationship, kate has warned her of her possible intentions.  it could be said she meant nothing by them, this is wrong. She meant what she said otherwise she would not have said it.

The Freudian slips where they talk about murder and death, these are what is at the front of their minds when they are talking, the mind thinks the words a microsecond before before spoken or written, it is what they are thinking of when they speak. it is the brain speaking the truth despite them trying to prevent it doing so and self editing.

Lying is stressful and the body doesn't like it thus the brain will do it's best to relieve the stress by telling the truth.

Frequently when a suspect in a crime finally admits the truth, they speak of the immense relief, the load has been lifted from their shoulders, they feel so much better.

Listen to what they say, read the words they write, don't assunme they meant something else or it was a misspeak, it isn't and wasn't, it is the truth leaking out.

____________________
The little unremembered acts of kindness and love are the best parts of a person's life.

Hobs

Posts : 722
Reputation : 294
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 52
Location : uk

View user profile http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Unrealistic accounts of events

Post by Cristobell on 11.11.13 23:08

@suzyjohnson wrote:One of the suspicious things IMO, about this case is some of the unrealistic remarks made by the McCanns and Payne regarding 3rd May. It's as though they want to paint a picture of a perfect family on a perfect holiday, and it just doesn't ring true at all, as in the following,

1) Payne, saying he went to visit Kate at the apartment, and all three children were there, all dressed in white like angels
2) Gerry's proud father moment just minutes before MM disappeared
3) Kate saying that MM said she had had the best day of her life.

It would seem quite so odd if it were just the one comment but taking them all into account.

I know children do have milk and cookies and stories at bedtime. Sometimes. Children of nearly four and nearly two wouldn't sit there looking at books while their mother was having a shower though IMO, they would be running around the apartment, getting into trouble. spilling drinks, fighting or falling off the furniture. Yet when DP arrived, KM was in a towel, as she had just got out of the shower, and the children were all standing there, like angels.

In contrast to this scene, the accounts of McCann outings during the holiday were not so perfect. On the first evening they went to the Millenium restaurant for tea, it was too far to walk and they decided they weren't going to do that again. Another day they took the children to the beach, it was cold and miserable and MM asked to go back to the creche. And wasn't there another unhappy trip into town one day, to buy some shoes iirc?
Its nonsense isn't it.  Relationships barely survive one fractious toddler, let alone three!  And impossible to believe they were such little angels, all three were well within the 'terrible twos' age range and would drive a saint to distraction.  I would bet money that macho Gerry left it all to Kate, and I bet she seethed watching him go off to his third tennis match of the day!  

This perfect family image they ram down our throats always irks me.  Its as if they are saying, you too could be just like us, well apart from losing the child, which could happen to anyone. But aside from that, Kate could write books on childcare and Gerry could give good sound advice on BBCQT on parenting and world issues.  

Don't believe a bleddy word of it.  When my two were tots - at different times, there was an 8 year gap, I remember a huge phew when the little sods finally did drop off, and I could open the vino!  And believe me at times I tried everything, begging, bribery, sitting in dark on landing (whilst swigging from said vino bottle), tears (mine) and watching the tv with subtitles.  I am not proud of it. And I know darn well, I am not the only one.  

On a serious note, kids do not bring a couple closer together - they drive them apart.  Toddlers, nah, scrap that, kids demand a selflessness from parents that some people cannot give freely, perhaps because they are narcissistic and cannot accept that they must put the needs of their young in front of their own.  They become resentful towards the screaming, demanding little creature who is stopping them from having fun.  I watched a Casey Anthony video last night, and she illustrates this perfectly. During the 3 week period her child was missing (and she didn't report it), she partied as though it were 1999 and posted pictures of herself having a ball.  I personally find the happy couple pics of Kate and Gerry walking along the beach, promoting t-shirts, taking twins to zoo, the Pope, the White House etc, right up there with Casey's.   Most peculiar.

Cristobell

Posts : 2436
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-10-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unrealistic accounts of events

Post by Mirage on 11.11.13 23:11

I watched the fab Sandra Felgueiras Lisbon interview earlier.

 GM rescued KM from some penetrating questions from our Sanj about leaving the twins in danger to run back to the tapas. Finally in he waded, with more than a hint of Sir Galahad.

 "Sandra" he said with impressive gravitas, "One of the things you get taught in an emergency situation ............... wait for it, wait for it, ...'is to call for help.'

HELLO!

Like this I suppose: 'Help help, is there a doctor in the house. Err, we ARE the doctors!!  ....... Help! HeeeeeeeeeeeeLP!'

Must have been pure bedlam on the plane when that guy had a heart attack. I wonder if Gerry went running into the cockpit screaming at the pilot:  'Emergency, emergency. HeeeeeeLP!

what

____________________
Kate McCann: "It's too 'ot. Give 'im a minute."

Mirage

Posts : 1667
Reputation : 382
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unrealistic accounts of events

Post by Hobs on 11.11.13 23:21

@Mirage wrote:I watched the fab Sandra Felgueiras Lisbon interview earlier.

 GM rescued KM from some penetrating questions from our Sanj about leaving the twins in danger to run back to the tapas. Finally in he waded, with more than a hint of Sir Galahad.

 "Sandra" he said with impressive gravitas, "One of the things you get taught in an emergency situation ............... wait for it, wait for it, ...'is to call for help.'

HELLO!

Like this I suppose: 'Help help, is there a doctor in the house. Err, we ARE the doctors!!  ....... Help! HeeeeeeeeeeeeLP!'

Must have been pure bedlam on the plane when that guy had a heart attack. I wonder if Gerry went running into the cockpit screaming at the pilot:  'Emergency, emergency. HeeeeeeLP!

what
big grin lol!

____________________
The little unremembered acts of kindness and love are the best parts of a person's life.

Hobs

Posts : 722
Reputation : 294
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 52
Location : uk

View user profile http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Unrealistic accounts of events

Post by Cristobell on 11.11.13 23:45

@Mirage wrote:I watched the fab Sandra Felgueiras Lisbon interview earlier.

 GM rescued KM from some penetrating questions from our Sanj about leaving the twins in danger to run back to the tapas. Finally in he waded, with more than a hint of Sir Galahad.

 "Sandra" he said with impressive gravitas, "One of the things you get taught in an emergency situation ............... wait for it, wait for it, ...'is to call for help.'

HELLO!

Like this I suppose: 'Help help, is there a doctor in the house. Err, we ARE the doctors!!  ....... Help! HeeeeeeeeeeeeLP!'

Must have been pure bedlam on the plane when that guy had a heart attack. I wonder if Gerry went running into the cockpit screaming at the pilot:  'Emergency, emergency. HeeeeeeLP!

what
Lol.  

There is a bizarre anecdote in Kate's book about a friend (or relative) having a heart attack at their home.  Gerry (the cardiologist) ran off to phone an ambulance while the 8 month pregnant Kate was left to give resuscitation.  Madeleine stepped forward with her Early Learning Centre doctor's trolly and got out her stethoscope.  That story is wrong on so many levels.

Cristobell

Posts : 2436
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-10-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum