The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Why the McCanns and the Tapas 7 were Relaxed at Dinner on 3rd May

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Why the McCanns and the Tapas 7 were Relaxed at Dinner on 3rd May

Post by Guest on 09.11.13 14:30

Hi Pennylane 
agree  
there are lots of things they didn't get right.
But I like to think that aside from their sloppiness it has a lot to do with their absolute arrogance.
They don't believe that anyone has the same level of intelligence as they do. And they believe the picture they want you to see is the one you will see. 
You can see they do not like to have their behaviour questioned at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 09.11.13 14:31

dantezebu wrote:Hi Pennylane 
agree  
there are lots of things they didn't get right.
But I like to think that aside from their sloppiness it has a lot to do with their absolute arrogance.
They don't believe that anyone has the same level of intelligence as they do. And they believe the picture they want you to see is the one you will see. 
You can see they do not like to have their behaviour questioned at all.
You are spot on there.  Their arrogance knows no bounds! thumbup

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Why the McCanns and the Tapas 7 were Relaxed at Dinner on 3rd May

Post by RIPM on 09.11.13 14:42

@ultimaThule wrote:Your theory, along with others on the same well-worn theme, does not work for me as it disregards the fact that neither of the McCanns are prone to panic, RIPM. 

GM is undoubtedly an opportunist, but he's not reckless and it's my belief the pre-staged pantomime in the Tapas bar was acted out some considerable time after Madeleine's 'disappearence' from this earth. 

Until such time as a plausible theory is presented which takes into account the numerous indications of this crime having been premeditated,I find this http://unterdenteppichgekehrt.blogspot.com.au/p/theory-english.html scenario, which has been formulated by someone who has taken the time to read the files and has paid some attention to the psychology of the McCanns and their friends, to be more credible than most.
This a theory open to scrutiny about what happened to Madeleine, but we will never move forward while people continue to distract with total rubbish. 

"Neither of the McCanns are prone to panic RIPM"

You obviously have your own agenda of distraction so could I politely ask you to read the police statements of the Tapas group and the reactions of the early family phone calls but mostly I urge you to read KM's own words and absorb what is written in a book she wrote called "madeleine".

On the discovery of another empty bed the first wave of panic hit me P.72

Nausea, terror, disbelief, fear, icy fear, P.72

I was hysterical P.72

All the screaming and shouting alerted other guests P.73

Gerry was in a state too harrowing to bear P.73

Our friends tried to exert a modicum of control over the chaos P.74

Gerry was running from pillar to post P.74

Gerry was a mess, roaring like a bull, sobbing P.77

My husband was unravelling (mental state) P.77

And on and on and on

Please engage in sensible debate if you can, but nobody can alter what has already been written, even if they would like to.  How would anyone react on finding their daughter dead, does any of us know for sure?

RIPM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 09.11.13 14:52

@pennylane wrote:
@ultimaThule wrote:
@pennylane wrote:I can't get my head around such a sloppily put together, 'premeditated' crime though.
As the McCanns have proved, it's a fallacy that more than average intelligence is required to become a doctor of medicine.

The fact is they both got into third tier med schools on the working class ticket, with GM electing to remain as close to his home as possible while KM got as far away from hers as she could.
Now that I agree with entirely! yes
friends @pennylane

Why are so many impressed by those who have a science degree?  As with study of the arts, all that's required is natural aptitude or application and good tutors. 

Medicine is not rocket science - and aerospace engineering is also a subject which can be mastered by those who diligently apply themselves to it.

Generations to come will look back and see that 'doctors' of the 21st century have not advanced much beyond the barbers and herbalists they were a couple of hundred years ago.  Only the advent of technology and advances in engineering coupled with the stranglehold of the GMC and its mouthpiece, the BMA, have enabled physicians to hold an exalted position in our current society.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.11.13 15:01

@ultimaThule wrote: [...]

Generations to come will look back and see that  French 'doctors' of the 21st century have not advanced much beyond the barbers and herbalists they were a couple of hundred years ago.  [...]
I added "French" and now completely agree with you big grin

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 09.11.13 15:12

@pennylane wrote:
@ultimaThule wrote:
@pennylane wrote:I can't get my head around such a sloppily put together, 'premeditated' crime though.
As the McCanns have proved, it's a fallacy that more than average intelligence is required to become a doctor of medicine.

The fact is they both got into third tier med schools on the working class ticket, with GM electing to remain as close to his home as possible while KM got as far away from hers as she could.
Where I live, it takes a higher degree of academic ability to proceed to study veterinary science than is required to be accepted to study medical science.

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.11.13 15:16

Châtelaine wrote:
@ultimaThule wrote: [...]

Generations to come will look back and see that  French 'doctors' of the 21st century have not advanced much beyond the barbers and herbalists they were a couple of hundred years ago.  [...]
I added "French" and now completely agree with you big grin
I would like to add Italian also. Now I have discovered they can, and often do give two prescriptions to patients. 
One for conventional approved medicine. And another for homeopathic untested preparations. leaving the patient to decide to whether to take one or the other or both ???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.11.13 15:26

But going back to topic.
Having replayed the suggested scenario of finding Maddie that night to myself, dead after a fatal fall, caused in part by sedatives.
(Note that the incidence of fatal injury from a low height fall is estimated to be between 0.4-0.6 per million children per year. 
And in independantly observed falls such as in a hospital setting, the fatality is zero).
And the need to hide the body for fear of PM findings. 
Why the rush to run out with her there and then? 
No one else would have known at that stage.

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 09.11.13 15:30

@ultimaThule wrote:
@pennylane wrote:
@ultimaThule wrote:

friends @pennylane

Why are so many impressed by those who have a science degree?  As with study of the arts, all that's required is natural aptitude or application and good tutors. 

Medicine is not rocket science - and aerospace engineering is also a subject which can be mastered by those who diligently apply themselves to it.

Generations to come will look back and see that 'doctors' of the 21st century have not advanced much beyond the barbers and herbalists they were a couple of hundred years ago.  Only the advent of technology and advances in engineering coupled with the stranglehold of the GMC and its mouthpiece, the BMA, have enabled physicians to hold an exalted position in our current society.
I share your views entirely regarding those who obtain degrees!   hello

I am very unimpressed with doctors, and think for the most part they are bad for your health!

I think antibiotics were miraculous upon their introduction, and put doctors on an enormous pedestal for years.  A person could be so ill with an infection or disease, and get prescribed a course of antibiotics, and be feeling better within 24 hours and cured within days.  I don't believe any medication before or since has had such a curative effect.  This made doctors seem all powerful when I was a child.

Certainly in the UK, doctors have far too much unwarranted power, and it hasn't gone unnoticed either, that the vast majority of doctors that are struck off by the almighty GMC, are not white.

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 09.11.13 15:45

dantezebu wrote:But going back to topic.
Having replayed the suggested scenario of finding Maddie that night to myself, dead after a fatal fall, caused in part by sedatives.
(Note that the incidence of fatal injury from a low height fall is estimated to be between 0.4-0.6 per million children per year. 
And in independantly observed falls such as in a hospital setting, the fatality is zero).
And the need to hide the body for fear of PM findings. 
Why the rush to run out with her there and then? 
No one else would have known at that stage.
My apologies for having taken the thread off topic, dantezebu.  

I also see no reason why the McCanns would have rushed to dispose of a body.  If the child had met with a fatal injury while her parents were otherwise engaged at the Tapas or elsewhere, reason could easily be found to delay alerting the authorities until actual time of death could not be determined with any degree of certainty. 

I now give an apology in advance for my next post being, through no choice of my own, a long one.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Swannie on 09.11.13 15:54

@Julchen wrote:
If they all had their kids sedated and they all knew, why would they take the inconvenience on checking every 20 minutes in the first place unless something had obviously gone wrong already (i.e. that afternoon or in the process of sedating the kids)?
What if Jane Tanner's daughter was suffering from sickness because of a dodgy sedative being used.....? The same one used on Madeleine and the twins - hence K's later constant checking of the twins' breathing after the alarm had been raised??

Swannie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 09.11.13 15:55

@RIPM wrote:
@ultimaThule wrote:Your theory, along with others on the same well-worn theme, does not work for me as it disregards the fact that neither of the McCanns are prone to panic, RIPM. 

GM is undoubtedly an opportunist, but he's not reckless and it's my belief the pre-staged pantomime in the Tapas bar was acted out some considerable time after Madeleine's 'disappearence' from this earth. 

Until such time as a plausible theory is presented which takes into account the numerous indications of this crime having been premeditated,I find this http://unterdenteppichgekehrt.blogspot.com.au/p/theory-english.html scenario, which has been formulated by someone who has taken the time to read the files and has paid some attention to the psychology of the McCanns and their friends, to be more credible than most.
This a theory open to scrutiny about what happened to Madeleine, but we will never move forward while people continue to distract with total rubbish. 

"Neither of the McCanns are prone to panic RIPM"

You obviously have your own agenda of distraction so could I politely ask you to read the police statements of the Tapas group and the reactions of the early family phone calls but mostly I urge you to read KM's own words and absorb what is written in a book she wrote called "madeleine".

On the discovery of another empty bed the first wave of panic hit me P.72

Nausea, terror, disbelief, fear, icy fear, P.72

I was hysterical P.72

All the screaming and shouting alerted other guests P.73

Gerry was in a state too harrowing to bear P.73

Our friends tried to exert a modicum of control over the chaos P.74

Gerry was running from pillar to post P.74

Gerry was a mess, roaring like a bull, sobbing P.77

My husband was unravelling (mental state) P.77

And on and on and on

Please engage in sensible debate if you can, but nobody can alter what has already been written, even if they would like to.  How would anyone react on finding their daughter dead, does any of us know for sure?
Without wishing to cause the type of offence which you appear not to balk at, RIPM, as a relative newcomer to this site I believe I have shown myself willing to engage in sensible debate with those who have sensible theories to offer.

From where I'm sitting you are impeding progress by basing your theory on lies told by the McCanns which you appeared to regard as gospel but which I, and many others, view as being little more than rubbish intended to distract because their words do not accord with their actions.  In addition, you have projected your feelings onto personalities of which you appear to know little.

This response, which I posted yesterday on p.74 of the New Heights of Insanity - Express thread, may be of interest to you and should explain my position.

ultimaThule Yesterday at 2:23 pm
Pennypennypenny wrote:I don't mean to sound flippant, but I know how I reacted when I misplaced a gold charm bracelet my darling mum and dad gave to me when I was a little girl. I collected charms over the years and when they died and I lost it, I was like a demented lunatic. I couldn't rest. I turned the house upside down. Going over and over trying to remember where I had last seen it.
I cannot imagine how I would feel if the bracelet had been one of my darling babies. I would be roaring like a bull. Turning over every stone, every piece of turf, ripping at everything with my bare hands. I wouldn't be able to sleep, or eat.
Those two people and their behaviour are completely alien to me. They are bizarre. They make me feel sick to my stomach.
"Your reaction to misplacing a treasured item which is a tangible link to those who loved and cared for you from the time you took your first breath is entirely natural, as are your feelings with regard to how you may respond if one of your precious children went astray.

It's my belief that the psychology of the McCanns and the dynamic of their relationship is unnatural and until this is accepted there'll continue to be theories based on the writer's emotional responses which take no account of the fact that this couple exhibited depraved indifference to the welfare and wellbeing of their children and have continued to show a callous disregard for their eldest daugher, whose name they rarely speak except by way of an afterthought.

There are those who appear to be 'just like us' but whose thought processes are markedly different to those of right minded folk; once this is understood, their deviant behaviour begins to make sense - not in the sense of their behaviour being acceptable but in the sense of our being be able to comprehend how very different, how 'alien', they are from the majority of us.

I hope we'll see less of those theories which have 'panic' as being the lynchpin from which all hangs because it is not in the nature of either McCann to panic unless they are in imminent danger of being revealed for what they are. When this occurs, they rely on their well-practised ability to lie themselves out of any uncomfortable situation they find themselves in"

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 09.11.13 17:29

dear oh dear ......

RIPM I take the time to read your interesting theory but see you say the following to someone who does not believe in a panic situation mid evening 3 5 07:

" This a theory open to scrutiny about what happened to Madeleine, but we will never move forward while people continue to distract with total rubbish. " 

Who do you think you are, accusing a person of distracting with rubbish, simply for disagreeing with you?

Please be courteous to your fellow posters, there is no need for such offensive remarks.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cockerspaniel on 09.11.13 17:45

@russiandoll wrote:dear oh dear ......

RIPM I take the time to read your interesting theory but see you say the following to someone who does not believe in a panic situation mid evening 3 5 07:

" This a theory open to scrutiny about what happened to Madeleine, but we will never move forward while people continue to distract with total rubbish. " 

Who do you think you are, accusing a person of distracting with rubbish, simply for disagreeing with you?

Please be courteous to your fellow posters, there is no need for such offensive remarks.
i agree,lets stay out of the gutter shall we!
BTW hope you dont mind me saying ,the new avatar is very fetching RD.roses

cockerspaniel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.11.13 17:56

@russiandoll wrote:dear oh dear ......

Thanks RD, I have just seen the post.   RIPM no more of this please.

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 10.11.13 17:37

dantezebu wrote:I am not sure if this has been proposed before.
But if the concern of the MCs was the presence of sedatives that might be found in Maddies body at PM. And that was the reason for hiding her body in such a panic,
I think it might be easier to stage a scene were Maddie ingested the said sedatives by accident, i.e. empty bottle, a few pills lying around etc. etc. 
That would only take a few minutes.

Rather than stage the scene of an abduction, with the added problem of hiding her body.
There had to someting more than just the possible presence of sedatives for them to stage it this way.
But if the twins and / or other children within the group had also been sedated, then it would be impossible to claim that Madeleine had taken medicine by accident.

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 10.11.13 17:41

They may not be prone to panic, or be reckless, but if they were responsible for a fatal accident, they would be in a very difficult situation and would have to act fast.

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 10.11.13 17:44

dantezebu wrote:
@pennylane wrote:
dantezebu wrote:I meant to add nothing suggests to me that Maddie died on the night of the 3rd.
And the staging of the abduction was not done in a panic.
Do you believe the twins were sedated on the 3rd?
It is a definate possibility that they were, given the descriptions from various witnesses.
But if they were it was to ensure they didn't wake up for different reasons (not for the meal), it would be difficult for the play to be acted out if one or the other had woken up and started crying before the absence of Maddie had been established.
That could have disrupted all the plans.
That's a good point actually, any of the children could have disrupted any plan made.

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 10.11.13 18:35

suzyjohnson wrote "They may not be prone to panic, or be reckless, but if they were responsible for a fatal accident, they would be in a very difficult situation and would have to act fast."

In a worst case scenario being responsible for a fatal accident is involuntary manslaughter which would put anyone in a difficult situation, but I fail to see why the McCanns would have had to act fast if this were the case.

It's not as if they were at home where neighbours, nursery, relatives, etc, may notice the absence of one of the children, and it's unlikely there would be unexpected callers to 5A who wouldn't be easily dissuaded from entering the premises.

Insistence on the speedy disposal of a body following discovery flies in the face of all that is known about the McCanns and their friends but I have no doubt that, if brought to account, 'panic' and 'fear' of adverse impact on the twins will be put forward in an attempt to mitigate the heinous nature of the crime. 

If this case comes to trial, I venture to suggest we won't recognise this couple from accounts given by their defence lawyers but, if they were to take this tack, they'll end up even more reviled than if they had given an honest account of their behaviour from the outset.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 10.11.13 18:44

@suzyjohnson wrote:

They may not be prone to panic, or be reckless, but if they were responsible for a fatal accident, they would be in a very difficult situation and would have to act fast.
If you were to do a top 10 list of who would be least likely to panic in a traumatic situation, wouldn't doctors be near the top? Don't frontline professionals have training in how to handle a 'disaster'?

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.11.13 18:51

@Cristobell wrote:
@suzyjohnson wrote:

If you were to do a top 10 list of who would be least likely to panic in a traumatic situation, wouldn't doctors be near the top? Don't frontline professionals have training in how to handle a 'disaster'?
Also sociopaths do not experience fear in the same way we do, so their reaction in a given situation is without this hinderance.

Back to top Go down

Post by chillyheat on 10.11.13 18:51

@Cristobell wrote:
@suzyjohnson wrote:

erm umm er eh hmm big grin 
Exactly Cristobell

chillyheat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by juliet on 10.11.13 19:06

As ultimathule says, this "panic" scenario takes no account of the various signs of premeditation, not least the immediate recruitment of the world and his wife to broadcast Maddie's "abduction".
Would you, in the heat of the discovery of your child's dead body, be arranging for Jill Renwick to be interviewed by Sky?
For the Telegraph to have the story on its pages before midnight?
For the Healeys (oddly accompanied by a neighbour with links to PdL) to be given the hideous tale in the middle of the night?
For the Ambassador to somehow be involved from the first hours?
For posters to be printed with a picture of Maddie taken long before the holiday? (And mysteriously on paper not available in PdL)
For people like Alex Woolfall of Bell Pottinger and various counsellors, Crisis Management bods and political aides to be on their way within hours?

juliet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 10.11.13 19:40

@juliet wrote:As ultimathule says, this "panic" scenario takes no account of the various signs of premeditation, not least the immediate recruitment of the world and his wife to broadcast Maddie's "abduction".
Would you, in the heat of the discovery of your child's dead body, be arranging for Jill Renwick to be interviewed by Sky?
For the Healeys (oddly accompanied by a neighbour with links to PdL) to be given the hideous tale in the middle of the night?
For posters to be printed with a picture of Maddie taken long before the holiday? (And mysteriously on paper not available in PdL)
For people like Alex Woolfall of Bell Pottinger and various counsellors, Crisis Management bods and political aides to be on their way within hours?
The Ambassador was on the case before the police were! bigshock
And there's the small matter of the webshite - was that a Freudian slip, or what? big grin   I'm gonna leave it as is and let the  gentle reader decide...  the webs-i-t-e which was created in 2006.

All in all, other than GM's words 'There's been a disaster' when announcing his eldest daughter's disappearance to one or other of his relatives back in the UK, there doesn't seem to be any indication of panic until some considerable time after the event.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 10.11.13 19:43

@juliet wrote:As ultimathule says, this "panic" scenario takes no account of the various signs of premeditation, not least the immediate recruitment of the world and his wife to broadcast Maddie's "abduction".

Oh if I were in the McCanns position, that's exactly what I would do. I'd be so afraid attention might come my why that I'd contact my family and every last connection myself or my friends knew, and inform them of 'the abduction,' and plead for their help.   It would be madness to do otherwise if you'd just harmed your child and hid the body, and were in a foreign country to boot.  Liars, in that predicament, with multiple connections, would use them to the hilt and make as big a smokescreen as they possibly could.  Plus you can't predict how successful you're master plan's going to be, so the best thing to do is over egg the pudding.... just in case (imo). 

Then I have to come back to the Smith sighting, because if Gerry did run into an entire family, and had to desperately drag in Jane to give him an alibi, that would be an additional, very big worry for them.  He'd definitely be in major smoke-screen mode before the next day.... just saying.

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum