The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Why the McCanns and the Tapas 7 were Relaxed at Dinner on 3rd May

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Why the McCanns and the Tapas 7 were Relaxed at Dinner on 3rd May

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:14 pm

I would ask that this stop now!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe on Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:47 pm

dantezebu wrote:

• sexual offences against children (section 72 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003) A new section 72 was substituted by the Criminal Justice and Immigration Act 2008 which came into effect from 14 July 2008 onwards. It is important to ensure that any prosecution is brought under the provision in force at the time the alleged conduct occured as the terms of the substantive provisions and details of the offences they cover are not identical;

• murder and manslaughter (subsection 9 and 10 of the Offences Against the Person Act 1861)

• fraud (the 2006 Act imposes extra territorial jurisdiction in respect od offences in subsection. 1, 6, 7, 9 and 11 of the Fraud Act 2006) and dishonesty (Criminal Justice Act 1993 Part 1 still applies to the remaining unrepealed sections of the Theft Act 1968);

• terrorism (subsection 59, 62-63 of the Terrorism Act 2000 and section 17 of the Terrorism Act 2006);

• bribery (The Bribery Act 2010 repeals the common law and the statutory offences of corruption for offences committed wholly on or after 1 July 2011. For those offences the Bribery Act imposes extra-territorial jurisdiction. Section 109 of the Anti-Terrorism and Security Act 2001 still applies to provide extre-territorial jurisdiction in respect of offences committed wholly or partially before 1 July 2011.

For a list of particular offences with an extra-territorial reach see Archbold .
Are you seriously suggesting you can foresee any circumstance whereby the McCanns are likely to be charged with any type of criminal offence in the UK relating to the disappearance of their daughter, Madeleine, in Portugal 2007. If so, its a bit late coming, isn't it, particularly in the vein that our Inspector Redwood appears to have discluded the McCanns from his enquiry, preferring instead to chase non existent perverts with spotty complexions and large noses, or taking death bed confessions from 1970's self styled wannabe Charles Mansons.

I am actually acquainted with Archbold Criminal Pleading and Practice, a case I was involved in created a precedent and gets a mention Regina v---- 1971. It was a case involving a judge refusing to grant me legal representation at a restitution hearing which at the time was a forerunner to the POCA.

The aforementioned precedent has probably been used by various defendants who have had their assets siezed under the POCA and been refused legal aid to retain counsel at subsequent confiscation hearings.

diatribe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia on Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:05 pm

@MarleneP wrote:
@Curioser wrote:
@notlongnow wrote:Would you get that drunk if it was pre-meditated?
I don't think so. They had approximately a bottle of wine each, 8 bottles for the group I think - the waiter said that was fairly normal.
Thank you for your question, notlongnow. That is exactly what concerns me. When so much was drunk - a bottle of wine in 1-2 hours is plentiful! - I do not (longer) believe to a preplanned evening. But perhaps the Portuguese have exaggerated in their TV show. We have no precise information, everything flows;-)
There's plenty of proof from day one of the investigation that there was 8/9 bottles of wine consumed ( confirmed by Tapas employees and maybe the check? ).
The CMTV talked about Kate having a daiquiri before dinner, that I had never heard before.
And let's not forget the New Zealand wine before leaving the apartment to have dinner.
As Mr. Moita Flores pointed out and you'll see when the translated video comes out ( not the precise words but something close to ): in this reconstruction we see glasses full of wine, in CrimeWatch reconstruction we saw glasses full with water...

"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident

Ayniia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe on Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:23 pm

I will take the liberty of further addressing the matter of the McCann's friends conspiring after the event to create , for want of better words, a cover up. It has been stated that the aforementioned are a cool, intelligent, well educated, professional group of people able to cope better than most with emergency type situations, who sat around a table with the McCanns and plotted how best to advance the abduction hypothesis whilst at the same time exonerating themselves from accusations of negligence.

Well, all I can state is , that for a group of cool, intelligent, well educated professionals, they certainly didn't do a very good job of it. If anything, their contradictory statements, improbable theories, implausible sightings which didn't concur with the McCann's versions etc. etc attributed to suspicion being directed towards the very people they were supposed to be protecting. One could be excused for concluding that had their intentions been to protect the McCanns, as opposed to themselves, they failed more grandiosely than the Charge of the Light Brigade in Oct. 1854. There may even be a school of thought which would subscribe to the fact  that, with friends like these, one doesn't need enemies.

The very fact that there are voluminous threads on various internet fora accentuating these contradictions, improbabilities etc. gives credence to my thesis. If they were credible witnesses, no-one In the anti-McCann camp would be discussing their failures, instead they'd be heralded as champions of the McCann cause on the pro Tom and Gerry sites. A classic example being the Crimewatch reconstruction programme where they barely got a mention.

Quad erat demonstrandum  big grin

diatribe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe on Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:55 pm

Edited to change back to correct surname.............the name is REDWOOD)

Please accept my most profuse apologies, surnames were never one of my strongest attributes. My only saving grace being that his agenda was the probable cause of my confusing Redwood with Deadwood.

diatribe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:13 pm

@Ayniia wrote:
@MarleneP wrote:
@Curioser wrote:
@notlongnow wrote:Would you get that drunk if it was pre-meditated?
I don't think so. They had approximately a bottle of wine each, 8 bottles for the group I think - the waiter said that was fairly normal.
Thank you for your question, notlongnow. That is exactly what concerns me. When so much was drunk - a bottle of wine in 1-2 hours is plentiful! - I do not (longer) believe to a preplanned evening. But perhaps the Portuguese have exaggerated in their TV show. We have no precise information, everything flows;-)
There's plenty of proof from day one of the investigation that there was 8/9 bottles of wine consumed ( confirmed by Tapas employees and maybe the check? ).
The CMTV talked about Kate having a daiquiri before dinner, that I had never heard before.
And let's not forget the New Zealand wine before leaving the apartment to have dinner.
As Mr.  Moita Flores pointed out and you'll see when the translated video comes out ( not the precise words but something close to ): in this reconstruction we see glasses full of wine, in CrimeWatch reconstruction we saw glasses full with water...
It appears the McCanns and their pals opted for the half-board option when booking their MW holiday.

I recall reading that wine was included with the evening meal but it wasn't made clear whether wine was unlimited throughout the meal, or whether there was a limit of, say, one bottle per couple or per guest after which any additional beverages could be purchased from the bar.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:35 pm

Diatribe,
So what would be your opinion on the reasons for the CPS visit to Portugal earlier this year?

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey5 on Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:13 pm

@diatribe wrote:
They can't be arrested  and charged with anything in the UK because the crime occurred on foreign soil.

I suppose they could be charged with hiring Clarence Mitchell, I can't think of a more heinous crime than that.  big grin
Madeleine McCann is a British subject. I remember an Indian family living in Britain where the daughter-in-law, a British subject, was taken to India and murdered by her mother-in-law and another relative. British police travelled to India to investigate and on return arrested the mother-in-law and a-n-other in England and put them on trial for murder and the pair were given lengthy prison sentences.
So it can be done.

Casey5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rufus T on Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:31 pm

Newintown, I appologise I did not read carefully enough. I made an error as to which officer had sent the correspondence.
I concede that it seems very likely there is an unreleased document. soz

Rufus T

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:58 pm

@Rufus T wrote:Newintown, I appologise I did not read carefully enough. I made an error as to which officer had sent the correspondence.
I concede that it seems very likely there is an unreleased document. soz
Don't worry about it, I was answering another poster anyway not yourself, things move on so quickly, but it does get confusing when so many people are posting at the same time.   smilie

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe on Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:52 pm

dantezebu wrote:Diatribe,
So what would be your opinion on the reasons for the CPS visit to Portugal earlier this year?
Please take this riposte as also being an acknowledgement of Casey 5's posting.

I'm not disputing that there are certain circumstances where the British judiciary can prosecute crimes that have been committed on foreign soil, John (Goldfinger)Palmer being a classic example.

Now I stand to be corrected, but I would have thought there would have to be some kind of UK connection with the crime, however tenuous, other than the participants being British citizens. Obviously in the aforementioned Palmer case there was, despite the actual Timeshare fraud being committed in Teneriffe. In order for the British authorities to prosecute the McCanns in the UK, I'd have thought there would have to be evidence on the lines that the McCanns had conspired together in the UK to take Madeleine to Portugal for the purpose of either arranging her disappearance or murder.

With ref. to the CPS visit to Portugal, without being party to the actual discussions, I can only speculate as to their reasons. Perhaps it was to persuade the PJ to reopen their case in conjunction with the renewed British investigation, after all, in my considered opinion and it is only an opinion, one would be a pointless exercise without the other. It may have been to share information or discuss ways in which to advance the case. It may have been to discuss how to finalise the closure of this case with all parties escaping without too much egg on their faces. It may have even involved the entrapment of the McCanns.

However, I don't think it would have involved discussing ways of prosecuting the McCanns in the UK, but as previously stated, without being party to the discussions, its all purely conjecture. Of one thing I am sure, if this crime had been committed in either the UK or the good ole USA, sometimes euphemistically referred to as 'Land of the free', the McCanns would almost certainly have been prosecuted for a whole variety of crimes. Particularly in the latter, where they would have been hung drawn and quartered by the meeja before even reaching the trial stage. The American justice system appears to consist of the victim and defendant's families segregated on opposite sides of the courtroom with the jurist's decisions being based on which side consumes the greatest amount of handkerchiefs and produces the largest amount of tears.big grin

diatribe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Trunchbull on Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:07 pm

The CPS involvement is a real puzzle.

That department is seriously short of money theses days - it's making economies/cut-backs and early retirements right left and centre.

Sending someone out to Portugal does not make sense. The lawyers have email and phones like everyone else, so I would have expected telephone and written advice in this case, but a foreign trip with all the expense that entails?? sad

Miss Trunchbull

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe on Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:02 pm

@Miss Trunchbull wrote:The CPS involvement is a real puzzle.

That department is seriously short of money theses days - it's making economies/cut-backs and early retirements right left and centre.

Sending someone out to Portugal does not make sense. The lawyers have email and phones like everyone else, so I would have expected telephone and written advice in this case, but a foreign trip with all the expense that entails?? sad
As previously stated, Ms. Trunchbull, the only person who hasn't thus far attempted to capitalise on the notoriety of the McCanns, appears to be this mysterious 'British holiday maker' conjured up by Inspector Clouseau to sustantiate the Tannerman sighting.

I'm sure there's no shortage of CPS employees queuing up to escape the gloom of the Peoples' Republik of Britain for a busman's holiday in the sunnier portugese clims.  big grin

diatribe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:55 am

@Casey5 wrote:
@diatribe wrote:
They can't be arrested  and charged with anything in the UK because the crime occurred on foreign soil.

I suppose they could be charged with hiring Clarence Mitchell, I can't think of a more heinous crime than that.  big grin
Madeleine McCann is a British subject. I remember an Indian family living in Britain where the daughter-in-law, a British subject, was taken to India and murdered by her mother-in-law and another relative. British police travelled to India to investigate and on return arrested the mother-in-law and a-n-other in England and put them on trial for murder and the pair were given lengthy prison sentences.
So it can be done.
Is the case you're referring to that of Surjit Athwal, Casey?  If so this poor woman, a 26 year old mother of 2 small children, was believed by her family to have been murdered in India in 1998 and, to date, her body has not been found.

This was a case where justice was not expected to be done but it was re-opened in 2005 and, following an investigation led by DI Clive Driscoll, after trial at the Old Bailey in 2007 the judge remarked that this was a 'heinous crime characterised by great wickedness' before sentencing Surjit's husband and mother-in-law to life with a minimum tariff of 27 and 20 years respectively.

To my mind it's a great shame that DI Driscoll was not deployed on the McCann case in 2011, but anyone sufficiently interested in googling his name will see that the saying 'Scotland Yard was conceived by geniuses and is run by idiots' is not without merit.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:14 am

@Miss Trunchbull wrote:The CPS involvement is a real puzzle.

Sending someone out to Portugal does not make sense. The lawyers have email and phones like everyone else, so I would have expected telephone and written advice in this case, but a foreign trip with all the expense that entails?? sad
I've remarked on the well-known parsimony of the CPS before, MissTrunchbull, and the only reason two high ranking someones, namely London's Chief Crown Prosecutor and her deputy, visited Portugal in the summer is that necessity overrode budgetary considerations.

Making comparison between the Portuguese Penal Code and English criminal and common law with a view to formulating possible charges in either jurisdiction is unlikely to be satisfactorily undertaken by means of written/telephone communications or video conferencing, particularly if there is need for the services of interpreters.

I suspect that some accord was reached in June of this year and the visit which took place earlier this month ratified an earlier draft agreement which has, no doubt, been discussed in detail and amended where necessary in the interim.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe on Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:20 pm

ultimaThule
''Is the case you're referring to that of Surjit Athwal, Casey? If so this poor woman, a 26 year old mother of 2 small children, was believed by her family to have been murdered in India in 1998 and, to date, her body has not been found.

This was a case where justice was not expected to be done but it was re-opened in 2005 and, following an investigation led by DI Clive Driscoll, after trial at the Old Bailey in 2007 the judge remarked that this was a 'heinous crime characterised by great wickedness' before sentencing Surjit's husband and mother-in-law to life with a minimum tariff of 27 and 20 years respectively.''

If this is indeed the case that Casey 5 was referring to, there were circumstances involved that allowed it to be triable in the UK which do not exist in the case of the McCanns. These being, that although the actual crime was committed on the indian sub continent, the preparation and planning originated in the UK. Surjit's husband and mother in law conspired to have her murdered in the UK prior to her departure for India, which was substantiated by her husband taking out a £100,000 life insurance policy on the same day of her departing for India. Hence the UK connection with the crime. As previously stated, in order for the prosecution of a crime committed on foreign soil to be prosecuted in the UK, there has to be a part of the crime that transpired within the jurisdiction of the UK.

In the case of the McCanns, before any UK prosecution could be instigated, the CPS would first have to demonstrate that the aforementioned had plotted/conspired to arrange for the murder or disappearance of Madeleine prior to their departure for Portugal. Most would agree this would be a physical impossibility, not to mention of course, highly improbable. Sure, the portugese authorities could have charged the McCanns back in 2007 on the basis of circumstantial evidence, but the only way they could have been convicted was in the event they chose to give evidence, which they most definitely would not have done. The only certainties in life are birth and death, plus the McCanns never allowing themselves to be placed in a position where they can be cross examined regarding the disappearance of their daughter. In the unlikely event of this ever occuring, there would be prosecuting counsels offering their services pro bono and the queue would stretch across the Atlantic from Grays Inn to Harvard Law school.

I provide the following link with great reluctance as I have a deep abhorence for tabloids, particularly the Daily Mail, but it it is the only ref. I could find relating to the Surjit case.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-482669/Grandmother-jailed-life-honour-killing-cheating-daughter-law.html

NB, I fully appreciate that one can believe nothing one hears and only half of what one sees, but I tend to remember reading somehere that as well as retaining libel lawyers, Gerry has also retained the services of a top extradition lawyer. If true, this would tend to indicate he is more concerned with the possibility of a prosecution in Portugal than he is of being prosecuted in the UK.

diatribe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey5 on Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:19 pm

@ultimaThule wrote:
@Casey5 wrote:
So it can be done.
Is the case you're referring to that of Surjit Athwal, Casey?  If so this poor woman, a 26 year old mother of 2 small children, was believed by her family to have been murdered in India in 1998 and, to date, her body has not been found.

This was a case where justice was not expected to be done but it was re-opened in 2005 and, following an investigation led by DI Clive Driscoll, after trial at the Old Bailey in 2007 the judge remarked that this was a 'heinous crime characterised by great wickedness' before sentencing Surjit's husband and mother-in-law to life with a minimum tariff of 27 and 20 years respectively.

To my mind it's a great shame that DI Driscoll was not deployed on the McCann case in 2011, but anyone sufficiently interested in googling his name will see that the saying 'Scotland Yard was conceived by geniuses and is run by idiots' is not without merit.
That's the one, ultima thule, thanks. If it can be done in that case, without a body, then I fail to see why it can't be done in the McCann case.

Casey5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe on Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:48 pm

@Casey5 wrote:
That's the one, ultima thule, thanks. If it can be done in that case, without a body, then I fail to see why it can't be done in the McCann case.
You obviously missed my previous posting relating to this case.

''If this is indeed the case that Casey 5 was referring to, there were circumstances involved that allowed it to be triable in the UK which do not exist in the case of the McCanns. These being, that although the actual crime was committed on the indian sub continent, the preparation and planning originated in the UK. Surjit's husband and mother in law conspired to have her murdered in the UK prior to her departure for India, which was substantiated by her husband taking out a £100,000 life insurance policy on the same day of her departing for India. Hence the UK connection with the crime. As previously stated, in order for the prosecution of a crime committed on foreign soil to be prosecuted in the UK, there has to be a part of the crime that transpired within the jurisdiction of the UK.

In the case of the McCanns, before any UK prosecution could be instigated, the CPS would first have to demonstrate that the aforementioned had plotted/conspired to arrange for the murder or disappearance of Madeleine prior to their departure for Portugal. Most would agree this would be a physical impossibility, not to mention of course, highly improbable. Sure, the portugese authorities could have charged the McCanns back in 2007 on the basis of circumstantial evidence, but the only way they could have been convicted was in the event they chose to give evidence, which they most definitely would not have done. The only certainties in life are birth and death, plus the McCanns never allowing themselves to be placed in a position where they can be cross examined regarding the disappearance of their daughter. In the unlikely event of this ever occuring, there would be prosecuting counsels offering their services pro bono and the queue would stretch across the Atlantic from Grays Inn to Harvard Law school.

I provide the following link with great reluctance as I have a deep abhorence for tabloids, particularly the Daily Mail, but it it is the only ref. I could find relating to the Surjit case.''

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-482669/Grandmother-jailed-life-honour-killing-cheating-daughter-law.html

diatribe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey5 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:25 pm

@diatribe wrote:
@Casey5 wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, I had missed it - sorry diatribe and thank you for your explanation which makes sense.
I suppose the McCanns could be tried in Portugal for "whatever" and tried in England for the fraudulent fund; if they were found guilty of being implicated in any way in the death of Madeleine or concealment  of the body then the fund would have knowingly been set up fraudulently and kept going for 6 and a half years.

Casey5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The McCann's and Michael Caplan QC

Post by worriedmum on Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:34 pm

Page last updated at 16:35 GMT, Friday, 14 September 2007 17:35 UK
E-mail this to a friend Printable version
Safe pair of hands for McCanns
By Clive Coleman
BBC Radio 4's Law in Action

Michael Caplan defended General Pinochet
Named as suspects in Madeleine McCann's disappearance, her parents are being advised by Michael Caplan QC, who successfully fought efforts to extradite General Pinochet from the UK.
As Kate and Gerry McCann headed back to their Leicestershire home for the first time since their daughter Madeleine disappeared, they were visited by a man few recognised. Michael Caplan QC is one of the UK's top criminal solicitors. Joshua Rozenberg, the Daily Telegraph's legal editor, has followed his career.
http://www.kingsleynapley.co.uk/about-us/our-people/michael-caplan-qc

''Sources in Chambers and Partners 2011 say that Michael "has a phenomenal reputation in extradition".

worriedmum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe on Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:23 pm

@Casey5 wrote:
@diatribe wrote:
@Casey5 wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, I had missed it - sorry diatribe and thank you for your explanation which makes sense.
I suppose the McCanns could be tried in Portugal for "whatever" and tried in England for the fraudulent fund; if they were found guilty of being implicated in any way in the death of Madeleine or concealment  of the body then the fund would have knowingly been set up fraudulently and kept going for 6 and a half years.
No problem,Casey, I wasn't admonishing you for missing my earlier riposte in relation to this matter, au contraire, I merely thought you might be interested in learning a bit more about the case in the event you had missed the aforementioned.

With ref. to the 'Foundation Fund', that in my opinion is an entirely different animal and most definitely would constitute a matter that would fall within British jurisdiction, particularly in the vein that the majority of money donated would have come from the British public and wealthy benefactors, not to mention that it is a fund registered as a Limited Co. in the UK. That is one of the reasons the McCanns are persistent in maintaining that there is a high probability of their daughter still being alive, coupled of course with the fact that it is more difficult for the police to instigate proceedings against them whilst the belief exists that Madeleine is still alive. Hence their vehement harrassment of Tony Bennett, Goncalo Amaral, or for that matter, anyone who has the temerity to question the gospel according to the McCanns..

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank 'Worriedmum' for providing the information regarding Gerry McCann's retainment of Michael Caplin QC who specialises in extradition cases. I definitely remembered reading somewhere that he in fact retained the services of a top extradition lawyer, but as previously stated, in this life one can only believe half of what one actually witnesses and nothing of what one hears/reads. big grin

diatribe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:37 pm

As far as I'm aware, Michael Caplan has not achieved any notable success in extradition proceedings involving two or more member states of the European Union and his early involvement in the McCann case, at a time when they were temporarily resident in Portugal, gave rise to speculation as to whether they were seeking to avoid or impede extradition to the UK, as well as causing puzzlement as to why any parent would have need for advice in matters of criminal law so soon after their daughter's alleged abduction. 

The case of Surjit Athwal, a British national who was murdered in India and whose body has never been recovered, is not unique, Casey, and I am confident that, unless they are nationals of another country, there will be no bar to bringing those responsible for the disappearance of Madeleine McCann to account in the UK.

The McCanns would do well to remember that a patient with a terminal illness may seek the services of Harley Street practitioners but, as less exalted physicians can tell them, the outcome will be the same regardless of how much money is spent on attempting to delay the inevitable.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe on Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:50 pm

@ultimaThule wrote:
I am confident that, unless they are nationals of another country, there will be no bar to bringing those responsible for the disappearance of Madeleine McCann to account in the UK.

Unfortunately, it isn't the nationality of any particular individual that would prevent them from being brought to account in the UK, it is the lack of a crime or any part thereof having transpired in the UK which would prevent the aforementioned occuring.

diatribe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:14 pm

@diatribe wrote:
@ultimaThule wrote:
I am confident that, unless they are nationals of another country, there will be no bar to bringing those responsible for the disappearance of Madeleine McCann to account in the UK.

Unfortunately, it isn't the nationality of a person which would prevent them from being brought to account in the UK, it is the lack of a crime or any part thereof having transpired in the UK which would prevent the aforementioned occuring.
Think FUND
Think Al Capone

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe on Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:20 pm

@PeterMac wrote:

Think FUND
Think Al Capone
I'm in total agreement, if the portugese authorities were ever to obtain a subsequent conviction against the McCanns in relation to the disappearance of their daughter, the fraud aspect of the 'Foundation Fund' and any ensuing confiscation proceedings would fall entirely within the mandate of the UK judiciary system.

diatribe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum