The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Earliest Memories

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Earliest Memories

Post by Guest on Sat 29 Mar 2014 - 20:43

@ Tigger. And Gerry said in a tv interview, when asked what was his last memory of Madeleine: ..... the "Last Photo" ...
Good grief. A photo is "your" last memory ... ? Merdre! [no spelling mistake - just taken from "Ubu Roi"].

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on Sun 30 Mar 2014 - 11:03

Could someone please put a pair of Jackie Kennedy's sunglasses on Gerry, he is such a poser.

Sorry, I am I need of some humour, this case is driving me crazy with frustration.

I am aware that it is mother's day in the UK and there is a child who can't write a card for her Mummy.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on Sun 30 Mar 2014 - 11:57

Without wishing to cast a pall on the amusement value of the wee one snarling by the pool while looking like a big girl's blouse in his wife's sunglasses, unfortunately there are a lot of mummies who don't deserve cards or any consideration on this Mothering Sunday or any other, rd  sad 

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on Sun 30 Mar 2014 - 12:12

@tigger wrote:< snip >
I do agree with your post (jrob) but I only answered because of Gerry's reputation as a 'ladies man'... spit coffee 
Imo all the other men on the planet would have to die first.  There is a certain something about the man that sets my teeth on edge. Even if I didn't know anything about him I'd have the same opinion.

< snip >
If all the other men on the planet died first, I'd hie me to a closed convent, tigger  yes

The sight of the wee one makes my flesh crawl - those sneering contemptuous belligerent features atop that neck beard!  omg  IMO he's not fit for female consumption and how this oaf became a consultant cardiologist is entirely beyond me.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Watching on Sun 30 Mar 2014 - 13:35

@ultimaThule wrote:
I do agree with your post (jrob) but I only answered because of Gerry's reputation as a 'ladies man'... spit coffee 
Imo all the other men on the planet would have to die first.  There is a certain something about the man that sets my teeth on edge. Even if I didn't know anything about him I'd have the same opinion.

< snip >
If all the other men on the planet died first, I'd hie me to a closed convent, tigger  yes

The sight of the wee one makes my flesh crawl - those sneering contemptuous belligerent features atop that neck beard!  omg  IMO he's not fit for female consumption and how this oaf became a consultant cardiologist is entirely beyond me.

Heaven forbid he'd ever be last man standing - lock up your daughters then - hope the convent has a moat and drawbridge as hairy Mr is the big bad wolf of PDL - no door he won't give a try!

Watching

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthWillOut on Sun 30 Mar 2014 - 13:46

So no one has a theory why the lens reflection is rotated 90 degrees then? I just wonder why I can't find another example of this effect anywhere.

TheTruthWillOut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on Sun 30 Mar 2014 - 16:42

There is at least one other thread on the photo questioning the reflection in the glasses, suggestions that the sunglasses must have been clipped on his t-shirt (as per PP's avatar) etc.

Personally I don't have any problem with the reflection. It is a small round pool. If GM was looking straight across the middle the reflection would be wrong, but as soon as you turn your head to the side you can get a 'vertical' side reflection from the side of the pool, which is what we have.

Test it out yourself with a mirror and a round rug or use a paddling pool if you want to go the whole hog and have some water as well!

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthWillOut on Sun 30 Mar 2014 - 18:23

@Doug D wrote:There is at least one other thread on the photo questioning the reflection in the glasses, suggestions that the sunglasses must have been clipped on his t-shirt (as per PP's avatar) etc.

Personally I don't have any problem with the reflection. It is a small round pool. If GM was looking straight across the middle the reflection would be wrong, but as soon as you turn your head to the side you can get a 'vertical' side reflection from the side of the pool, which is what we have.

Test it out yourself with a mirror and a round rug or use a paddling pool if you want to go the whole hog and have some water as well!

If I understand what you are saying here, I have to disagree. Though I will say they'll always be a degree of distortion due to the lens curve, it wouldn't be to the degree seen here IMO.

Here is the most extreme example I can find that is taken very close/zoomed and at a more extreme angle: Sure the curve of the pool is exaggerated in-line with the curve/edge of the lens at this angle, but the reflected things aren't turned through 90 degrees. 

This all may not mean anything in this case to be honest, but it is the only thing that sticks out to me that isn't right with the image. Like others, the date the picture was taken is more important.

TheTruthWillOut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 31 Mar 2014 - 9:26

@TheTruthWillOut wrote:

This all may not mean anything in this case to be honest, but it is the only thing that sticks out to me that isn't right with the image. Like others, the date the picture was taken is more important.

If you can find just one single piece of image manipulation in one photo - not cropping the image and removing Gerry's elbow which brings the focus to Madeleine but something that materially changes the image you see such as the floating ice cream arm - then you cannot trust any of the photos. That includes the date and time the picture was supposedly taken because that too can be manipulated.

If your child disappeared, would you spend time photoshopping any photos before releasing them to the world's press?

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on Mon 31 Mar 2014 - 10:51

TheTruthWillOut

"I don't think it matters which way the sunglasses are orientated when it comes to reflections (allowing for the level of curvature of the lenses, which isn't much). I think ProfessorPPlum is just having a bit of fun I think?"

I agree PP was just having fun and I don't think it was to cover a "black eye" :)

I was unable to do the photoshopping and he obliged. :)

Sorry about format I have tried to edit but it wont budge!

Angelique

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on Mon 31 Mar 2014 - 14:56

@ultimaThule wrote:

< snip >

Which is why one is somewhat aghast to read of how Madeleine's unfortunate 'abduction' really got in the way of the McCann's sex life. So selfish of the 'abductor' not to have considered Kate's libido. Thankfully, though, we are given to understand that Gerry was very understanding on this score so we can breathe a collective sigh of relief that the thought of his little girl in the hands of paedophile ring in no way interfered with his sex drive.

Evil or Very Mad 

If Gerry McCann was the last man on the planet I would rather shoot myself then be within a 100 mile radius of him. Make that a 1,000 mile radius. Could he be sent off into space on one of those one-way space missions like they did a few times with monkeys attached to a chair with all the controls (so cruel).

Perhaps that would be the answer.

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on Mon 31 Mar 2014 - 15:36

Shoot yourself, jrob??!!   Shocked  What a waste of a bullet which could be fired at a far more deserving target  yes 

Providing its mission is to orbit the Earth in radio silence for 5 years prior to planned implosion over Glasgow in order to provide a saving on a New Year's Eve fireworks display, I herewith nominate the wee one as the sub-human crew of a newly independent Scotland's first satellite launch.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 1 Apr 2014 - 10:49

@j.rob wrote:
@ultimaThule wrote:

< snip >

Which is why one is somewhat aghast to read of how Madeleine's unfortunate 'abduction' really got in the way of the McCann's sex life. So selfish of the 'abductor' not to have considered Kate's libido. Thankfully, though, we are given to understand that Gerry was very understanding on this score so we can breathe a collective sigh of relief that the thought of his little girl in the hands of paedophile ring in no way interfered with his sex drive.

Evil or Very Mad 

If Gerry McCann was the last man on the planet I would rather shoot myself then be within a 100 mile radius of him. Make that a 1,000 mile radius. Could he be sent off into space on one of those one-way space missions like they did a few times with monkeys attached to a chair with all the controls (so cruel).

Perhaps that would be the answer.

I'm sorry but I think comments like this should not be allowed on this forum.

Some of us are eating ...and you've put me right off my chocolate hobnob  bad 

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on Tue 1 Apr 2014 - 11:13

Aw, what a shame your enjoyment of a choccy hobnob for elevenses has been ruined, Poe.   sad   Fingers crossed no further responses in a similar vein are added until well after lunch, but not before dinner.  big grin

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 2 Apr 2014 - 9:37

*Comes back to the thread with an empty stomach*

Oh bleurgh.

Nope.

Not even with yours.

His general all-round repulsiveness does work on both sexes though. Watching the news one evening, as soon as Gerry appeared as part of the report on Hacked Off, Mr Poe switched the telly off and said, "I'm sorry but I cannot watch that man. There's something about him that makes me want to stick my foot through the tv."

Gerry does seem the embodiment of  Small Man Syndrome (link to Wikipedia) don't you think?

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum