The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Discrepancy?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Discrepancy?

Post by Briohazard on 07.11.13 12:18

I have searched around for half hour trying to work out which thread to post this on, but became lost. Can admin please relocate this to its appropriate place please if that's ok?

I am trying to work out how Gerry knew all kids were in "perfect condition" according to the following; 

Thus, at 9.05 pm, the deponent entered the club, using his key, the door being locked, and went to the children's bedroom and noted that the twins and Madeleine were in perfect condition. He then went to the toilet, where he remained for a few instants, left the apartment ( http://www.mccannfiles.com/id192.html )

Compared to what he says here about not entering the room http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=na4aBr5PTYY&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dna4aBr5PTYY directly after Matt Oldfields declaration of sorrow for not entering the room, around 4-5 minutes into the clip. I was under the impression the door was almost shut over, or am I not hearing him properly in what he says at that point? If I have heard him correctly it doesn't match up with the above statement. 

Briohazard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discrepancy?

Post by bristow on 07.11.13 12:21

Gerry seems to like the word Perfect and perfection, he said on Crimewatch that Madeleine was born 'nearly perfect'!

bristow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Briohazard on 07.11.13 12:26

@bristow wrote:Gerry seems to like the word Perfect and perfection, he said on Crimewatch that Madeleine was born 'nearly perfect'!
Yes, that he does. Sickening, isnt it. 

I'm wondering however how he can vouch for the condition/placement of his children without having entered the room (if that's what he's saying in the above video link- reason for my post is I cannot quite work out what exact words he used... Sounds like he is saying he didn't enter the room either)

Briohazard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 07.11.13 12:41

I think we'll have to wait for a Scottish interpreter to decipher his comments!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fiona09 on 07.11.13 12:57

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:I think we'll have to wait for a Scottish interpreter to decipher his comments!
He says that at no other point than that night did he stick his head into the room as the door had been as he'd left it on other nights.

Fiona09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 07.11.13 13:39

I've listened to this a few times. 

I can't make out what he says after "Yeah", but he then goes on to say "I was saying this earlier. At no point, other than that night, did I...go...stick my head in. That was the only time because the door was like that for me and I knew I'd left it."

So I'm not sure whether he went in or just stuck his head round.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 07.11.13 13:57

@Briohazard wrote:I have searched around for half hour trying to work out which thread to post this on, but became lost. Can admin please relocate this to its appropriate place please if that's ok?

I am trying to work out how Gerry knew all kids were in "perfect condition" according to the following; 

Thus, at 9.05 pm, the deponent entered the club, using his key, the door being locked, and went to the children's bedroom and noted that the twins and Madeleine were in perfect condition. He then went to the toilet, where he remained for a few instants, left the apartment ( http://www.mccannfiles.com/id192.html )

Compared to what he says here about not entering the room http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=na4aBr5PTYY&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dna4aBr5PTYY directly after Matt Oldfields declaration of sorrow for not entering the room, around 4-5 minutes into the clip. I was under the impression the door was almost shut over, or am I not hearing him properly in what he says at that point? If I have heard him correctly it doesn't match up with the above statement. 
Hi Briohazard

I can't answer all of your query as I'm short of time today. However, I have noticed the "perfect condition" bit before. I always thought this may have been an interpreter take on the more colloquial "the kids were fine". As we see the word "deponent" is used (formal translation of witness???). "He remained for a few instants" is another indicator to me of translation issues.

Though quite why GM would not have had his responses quoted verbatim by a translator is something I don't quite get, I must admit. It sounds like he answered, the translator translated back to the interrogating office, and then the officer said to another Portuguese person "he said such and such" who then wrote it down in Portuguese to be re-translated back into halting English at a later stage. Arrrrgh

I don't know if this makes much sense but I'm just trying to work backwards. Need a lie down now!  big grin

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 07.11.13 14:04

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:I think we'll have to wait for a Scottish interpreter to decipher his comments
Where's Clarence MacMitchell or the family source? laughat

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 07.11.13 17:15

@bristow wrote:Gerry seems to like the word Perfect and perfection, he said on Crimewatch that Madeleine was born 'nearly perfect'!
The use of the word "nearly" jarred when I heard it. 99.9999% of parents would just say perfect. I wonder, why in Gerry's view, she was only "nearly" perfect? Very odd.

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 07.11.13 17:22

@Briohazard wrote:I have searched around for half hour trying to work out which thread to post this on, but became lost. Can admin please relocate this to its appropriate place please if that's ok?

I think GMcC is talking about "in general" what his practice was - he is claiming that it was only on that night that he looked inside, otherwise he would do as MO did more or less.

However, read MO's rogatory statement. MO claims he could see the rise and fall of the twins' chests!  And yet we see where he is standing in the film and just how dark it is inside the room even with a light on outside.

Can one possibly reconcile what MO says happened in the film with the very detailed description he gives in the rogatory statement? I don't think so.

Okeydokey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 07.11.13 18:09

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:
The use of the word "nearly" jarred when I heard it. 99.9999% of parents would just say perfect. I wonder, why in Gerry's view, she was only "nearly" perfect? Very odd.
I've just watched it again his exact words were: "She came out almost perfectly formed".

That to me sounds even worse than "nearly perfect". What's he saying? Agreed, very odd.

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum