The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Baby monitors

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Baby monitors

Post by boo boos on Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:27 am

Its been suggested before that maybe all the children - apart from one? - were in one room with a babysitter.
Logically it would be the Paynes, theirs being the largest. Which got me thinkin about the monitors. If theirs was two-way, you would be able to talk to the 'nanny' from the table. But then Dianne Webster would know about it.
Anyway, to the point of my post, if Jane Tanner had a two-way monitor, there would of been no need for Matt to tell her Evie? was poorly as she would of heard or Russell could of told her. The rest of the table could of heard if that's what was REALLY going on also. But I recall her saying it didn't work too well.
Did they have one? Did it work? And two-way?
there does seem to be some inferences of people 'coming down',eg Jane after the alarm.

boo boos

View user profile http://mandystrange70@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Baby monitors

Post by juliet on Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:34 am

Interesting point. She did go n about fiddling with it and it not working well, and placing it on a shelf. A waiter in police interviews said there were monitors on the table.
Diane slept in the living room in the Payne apartment. To leave bedroom for kids?

juliet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:44 am

The Paynes apartment was one floor up, so I don't think they would have placed all the children there together. The others were closer together.

My guess would be that the Paynes monitor worked for them.  The adult missing on the previous nights did their famous listening checks outside the other doors, so no need for the others to move from the table.

Thursday everything changed for reasons unknown.

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by boo boos on Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:41 am

There is a thread in this debate section called 'Do you believe that the children were really left alone in 5a?'
It also has a link I was alluding to re Paulo Rebelo that there was 7 children in one room, but it mentions 5a. I think the Paynes with a nanny more likely - IF they weren't left alone.

boo boos

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:27 pm

The exchange re the McCanns and the baby monitor and the Smiths is in: http://unterdenteppichgekehrt.blogspot.co.uk/2011/07/conversation-with-press.html

Here is a snippet from that exchange I find very interesting:
D. Smith:
No i am not upset. I just don't to fuel the web ghouls (i have no idea whether you are one of them or not...) who seem obsessed
with what i consider to be the grotesque idea that the mccanns or their friends did away with madeleine. In addition to the
further distress it must cause the mccanns and their friends on top of the devastating event that started it, I just feel it is a
complete waste of time and energy. That said, however, I had a long briefing with Gerry McCann before I wrote my article and
I guess the baby monitor info came from him. I am aware that many discrepancies arose in the portuguese statements through
misunderstandings of language. And you ought to be aware that there will always be minor discrepancies of fact in statements
- failings of memory, interpretation and so on - which are not in themselves sinister or suspicious.
unquote

The question asked D Smith was:
The couple never mentioned to the PJ that they brought a monitor as well, in all their statements they claim that the Paynes were
the only ones with a baby monitor. Only in April 2008, in the rogatory interviews conducted by Leicestershire Police, this piece
of information appeared.
It might seem a small omission, but in the light of possible neglect charges, would have been important.
Jane Tanner claims in the rogatory interview that she brought it with her in the evenings and positioned it on a ledge/wall behind
her. This was NEVER mentioned to portuguese Police as the released statements show. The question I have is, how did you
get this info before the rogatory interviews even took place? I know you have to protect sources, but this seems a very strange
inside knowledge.

unquote.

The whole article is well worth reading and very significant in view of the favourable publicity the McCanns have had from this source.

David Smith is definitely on my blacklist..

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by boo boos on Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:45 pm

Thanks for that Tigger, will have a read. A waiter said 'walkie talkies' plural were seen on the TABLE! I started this post trying to think that if they HAD had one, Jane would have heard what was going back on in flat - re her sick child. It shows she lied about having one or Matt would not have needed to pass message. If indeed any of that happened.

boo boos

Back to top Go down

Post by MissDaisy on Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:01 pm

In the David Smith exchange with unterdenteppichgekehrt.blogspot.co.uk he is quoted as saying "I can't remember the detail of the Smith sighting but surely it was quickly established it was not reliable or significant." I wonder how he feels about that sighting now in light of the Crimewatch appeal. He certainly is very defensive.

MissDaisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:00 pm

I hope diligent readers don't miss the significance of this:  That said, however, I had a long briefing with Gerry McCannbefore I wrote my article andI guess the baby monitor info came from him.

This is a journalist who is being told what to write by the person he is writing about!!!

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by boo boos on Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:11 pm

Yes Tigger, I remember this article from before, and how incredulous I felt.
It was suggested on here I think that Jt would now have a monitor to prove they were'nt negligent. But in NO WAY should Gerry mccann be able to dictate to journalist, or even worse as he has done, the POLICE!!!

boo boos

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum