The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

5TH NOVEMBER TRIAL UPDATES - Please post here - Page 4 Mm11

5TH NOVEMBER TRIAL UPDATES - Please post here - Page 4 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

5TH NOVEMBER TRIAL UPDATES - Please post here - Page 4 Mm11

5TH NOVEMBER TRIAL UPDATES - Please post here - Page 4 Regist10

5TH NOVEMBER TRIAL UPDATES - Please post here

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

5TH NOVEMBER TRIAL UPDATES - Please post here - Page 4 Empty Re: 5TH NOVEMBER TRIAL UPDATES - Please post here

Post by Liz Eagles 06.11.13 11:02

aquila wrote:There is only one trial going on at the moment.

It's yet another libel trial.

I see no point in discussing anything other than this.

Dissecting the stuff that's put out in the media isn't important. The result of this libel trial most definitely is to my mind the most significant thing.

I'm content to wait and see what happens.
I'm re-iterating my post as it seems to have been lost in a challenge of who said what in the Daily Mail comments section.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

5TH NOVEMBER TRIAL UPDATES - Please post here - Page 4 Empty Re: 5TH NOVEMBER TRIAL UPDATES - Please post here

Post by Searcher 06.11.13 11:22

stillsloppingout wrote:The site is monitored , when something ANTI is posted, they either get told internally to remove it ,or more than likely an Email from the media monitoring dept of one of there bank of Lawyers , to the Mail .

Tip as the Mail online is ran by journo students most aged about 19 . you have to be cute with your posts . because 

1 They don't have the wit to understand . and 

2  It gets your comment's passed the sensors .

good luck .  remember the ppl watching the site, the world started in 1995 !!!!
Just a small note; I do happen to know that no journo can walk into the Mail, aged 19 or not; it is a tough process to be part of a team there, and they have very good, capable staff reporters.
Searcher

Activity : 404

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout 06.11.13 11:57

Searcher wrote:
stillsloppingout wrote:The site is monitored , when something ANTI is posted, they either get told internally to remove it ,or more than likely an Email from the media monitoring dept of one of there bank of Lawyers , to the Mail .

Tip as the Mail online is ran by journo students most aged about 19 . you have to be cute with your posts . because 

Just a small note; I do happen to know that no journo can walk into the Mail, aged 19 or not; it is a tough process to be part of a team there, and they have very good, capable staff reporters.
 Just to clarify 
The Mail online is MOSTLY  staffed by junior's who update the site ,and provide quite a lot of the [ crappy ] content by trawling the internet . the Daily Mail still has its good reporters many who daily provide content for the Online edition . BTW the online pic rates are £ 30 , first pic £ 20 ,then  £ 10 . so three pics £ 60 . !!!!!
stillsloppingout
stillsloppingout

Activity : 540

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher 06.11.13 12:01

stillsloppingout wrote:
Searcher wrote:

Just to clarify 
The Mail online is MOSTLY  staffed by junior's who update the site ,and provide quite a lot of the [ crappy ] content by trawling the internet . the Daily Mail still has its good reporters many who daily provide content for the Online edition . BTW the online pic rates are £ 30 , first pic £ 20 ,then  £ 10 . so three pics £ 60 . !!!!!
Well, if that is right, stillsloppingout - it must be a recent change.  I do happen to know just how tough it is to be taken on in any capacity by a leading newspaper.  Not to argue with you, but I do know that.  I don't know their current policy on 'juniors' but I suspect it is a highly competitive process, even if voluntary.nah
Searcher

Back to top Go down

Post by mouse 06.11.13 12:29

Didn't know where to put this - but just now in PMQ's 'Angela Smith' I believe Labour - asked a question of the PM live in the house as to why Ben Needhams family have not had the same sort of backing/investigation like the Mccanns.
mouse

Activity : 397

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryB 06.11.13 12:36

There doesn't seem to be any news of exactly what was said at the trial yesterday.  Except on this thread lots of stuff about who staffs the Mail comments.  Am I the only one who couldn't care less about who staffs the DM comment section.
MaryB
MaryB

Activity : 246

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher 06.11.13 12:41

MaryB wrote:There doesn't seem to be any news of exactly what was said at the trial yesterday.  Except on this thread lots of stuff about who staffs the Mail comments.  Am I the only one who couldn't care less about who staffs the DM comment section.
Agree MaryB - but I take it that the comments were made to illustrate how unreliable the MailOnline would be in posting comments.  I personally don't think it is random or unreliable on their part, more likely to be part of a process.  Just my opinion.
Searcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 06.11.13 13:04

Does anyone know if Isabel Duarte was at Court yesterday?
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.11.13 13:09

mouse wrote:Didn't know where to put this - but just now in PMQ's 'Angela Smith' I believe Labour - asked a question of the PM live in the house as to why Ben Needhams family have not had the same sort of backing/investigation like the Mccanns.
Mouse, Just posted in the Ben Needham Thread
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mouse 06.11.13 13:14

Cherry Blossom wrote:
mouse wrote:Didn't know where to put this - but just now in PMQ's 'Angela Smith' I believe Labour - asked a question of the PM live in the house as to why Ben Needhams family have not had the same sort of backing/investigation like the Mccanns.
Ta for that
mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.11.13 13:37

mouse wrote:
Cherry Blossom wrote:
Ta for that
Your welcome.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 06.11.13 13:45

Cristobell wrote:Does anyone know if Isabel Duarte was at Court yesterday?
I would like to know this also cristobell
sami

Activity : 1019

Back to top Go down

Post by bellum 06.11.13 14:00

sami wrote:
it makes three of us.
bellum

Activity : 68

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rooster 06.11.13 14:03

I posted a comment on the Daily Mail this morning, it would have been the second, but it was WHOOSHED.  It wasn't even given the light of day. Not contentious, certainly no more than their article about the adorable cushion and its pin.  Anyway, comment or no comment, I commend the Daily Mail for it's reporting of the libel trial in Lisbon.

The Rooster

Activity : 524

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 06.11.13 14:14

bellum wrote:
sami wrote:
it makes three of us.
I've tried all the usual sources, but can't find an answer.  I thought it significant that she was absent for the last session - she looked as though she was heading for a nervous breakdown.
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 06.11.13 14:21

Cristobell wrote:
bellum wrote:
sami wrote:
it makes three of us.
I've tried all the usual sources, but can't find an answer.  I thought it significant that she was absent for the last session - she looked as though she was heading for a nervous breakdown.
Quite.  The last time I saw her she looked less than happy and would happily have whooshed Gerry I think.

I assume we would have heard had she been absent again, it would be significant.   Confirmation would be welcome though.
sami

Activity : 1019

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 06.11.13 14:23

The Rooster wrote:I posted a comment on the Daily Mail this morning, it would have been the second, but it was WHOOSHED.  It wasn't even given the light of day. Not contentious, certainly no more than their article about the adorable cushion and its pin.  Anyway, comment or no comment, I commend the Daily Mail for it's reporting of the libel trial in Lisbon.
Same here Rooster, my factual, non libellous comment didn't appear either.

I have to say, that having seen the distinct lack of media coverage for the #MillionMaskMarch globally, my faith in the 'authorities' dwindles.  If all the television networks and newspapers throughout the world can boycott such a major event, the McCann case pales in comparison.  I hope I am wrong, but if I'm not, I'm buying a Guy Fawkes mask and marching next November 5th!
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by Copodenieve 06.11.13 14:24

The Rooster wrote:I posted a comment on the Daily Mail this morning, it would have been the second, but it was WHOOSHED.  It wasn't even given the light of day. Not contentious, certainly no more than their article about the adorable cushion and its pin.  Anyway, comment or no comment, I commend the Daily Mail for it's reporting of the libel trial in Lisbon.
My comment was whooshed by them too lol
Copodenieve
Copodenieve

Activity : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by mouse 06.11.13 14:25

Cristobell wrote:
bellum wrote:
sami wrote:
it makes three of us.
Just checked the 'Justice Forum' and finally found a post form Anne - answering this very question. Apparently Isabel is there, no assistant this time. Found it tucked away on the 'Trial Section - Day 7 - tagged on the end of this for some reason.
mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Mélusine 06.11.13 14:28

copied from UK Justice forum

Re: McCann v Gonçalo Amaral Libel Trial in Lisbon - Day 7
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2013, 09:03:21 PM »
From reading the trial transcript ( thank you again Anne for all your hard work ) it seems that Duarte failed to turn up again. Have I got that right ?

5TH NOVEMBER TRIAL UPDATES - Please post here - Page 4 IpLogged

5TH NOVEMBER TRIAL UPDATES - Please post here - Page 4 UseroffAnneGuedes

• Executive Member
  • 5TH NOVEMBER TRIAL UPDATES - Please post here - Page 4 Star5TH NOVEMBER TRIAL UPDATES - Please post here - Page 4 Star5TH NOVEMBER TRIAL UPDATES - Please post here - Page 4 Star5TH NOVEMBER TRIAL UPDATES - Please post here - Page 4 Star5TH NOVEMBER TRIAL UPDATES - Please post here - Page 4 Star5TH NOVEMBER TRIAL UPDATES - Please post here - Page 4 Star
  • 5TH NOVEMBER TRIAL UPDATES - Please post here - Page 4 Index

5TH NOVEMBER TRIAL UPDATES - Please post here - Page 4 Xx
Re: McCann v Gonçalo Amaral Libel Trial in Lisbon - Day 7
« Reply #24 on: Today at 09:31:07 AM »
Mrs Duarte was there, Faithlilly, her assistant wasn't.

There is more, but I'm not able to copy it all in once.
Mélusine

Activity : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher 06.11.13 14:29

Looks to me as though the Mail are pacing this very, very carefully.titter
Searcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Mélusine 06.11.13 14:29

Oh, sorry, I missed the last post.
Mélusine

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret 06.11.13 14:31

Cristobell wrote:
Same here Rooster, my factual, non libellous comment didn't appear either.

I have to say, that having seen the distinct lack of media coverage for the #MillionMaskMarch globally, my faith in the 'authorities' dwindles.  If all the television networks and newspapers throughout the world can boycott such a major event, the McCann case pales in comparison.  I hope I am wrong, but if I'm not, I'm buying a Guy Fawkes mask and marching next November 5th!
Well that makes 4 of us along with Copodenieve.  Mine never get published, we must be doing something right. high5
margaret
margaret

Activity : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by Mélusine 06.11.13 14:34

On http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/77sep13/AnneGuedes_12_09_2013.htm#ltd8ml

there are already transcripts of yesterday's hearing, but for some reason I'm not just now able to download the PDF files. Maybe somebody else could?
Mélusine

Back to top Go down

Post by bellum 06.11.13 14:34

Cristobell, anyone can get a nervous breakdown of the McCanns.  It would be incredible if Isabel would remain healthy.
She looks fragile.  Maybe she is under pressure of colleagues, friends and relatives.
Perhaps she does not want to lose her good name, after she found out that the McCanns' witnesses were lying.
bellum

Activity : 68

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top