The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.


Jill Havern
Forum owner

Things I'm confused about....

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Things I'm confused about....

Post by Hongkong Phooey on Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:29 pm

@plebgate wrote:
@notlongnow wrote:I'am confused at nearly every point in this.
Leaving your kids on there own is bad enough but to leave the doors open as well is nuts.
I don't believe they did leave the doors unlocked.  Who in their right minds would do something like that?

Why did it take 10 days for Mr. to change his statement to the police?
I agree, just like the report from philomena McCann on the 4th, no shutters were jemmied and the doors weren't hanging off. Right from the start they told a pack of lies.

Hongkong Phooey

Posts : 310
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Things I'm confused about....

Post by Hongkong Phooey on Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:31 pm


Comedy and sarcasm doesn't become you however you  carry on squire.

Hongkong Phooey

Posts : 310
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Things I'm confused about....

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:36 pm

Châtelaine wrote:IF, I say IF, DP was making doubtful suggestions to GM. And IF, I say if, GM was NOT of such same tendency ... then ... he would have slapped him right in the face. He didn't, though.
Exactly - you would have to be 100% sure that you were talking to someone who was like-minded.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Things I'm confused about....

Post by Hongkong Phooey on Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:36 pm

Châtelaine wrote:IF, I say IF, DP was making doubtful suggestions to GM. And IF, I say if, GM was NOT of such same tendency ... then ... he would have slapped him right in the face. He didn't, though.
Taking the 'ifs' as correct then any normal father would have knocked ten bells out of him. But as you say he didn't. ....

Hongkong Phooey

Posts : 310
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Things I'm confused about....

Post by Hongkong Phooey on Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:42 pm

Most people on this forum do not want to consider this line as a possibility because the subject is taboo. However there are very few things which can bind a group together and also receive unprecedented support from government officials and the like so it cannot be discounted imo.

Hongkong Phooey

Posts : 310
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Things I'm confused about....

Post by Sietah on Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:37 am

@Hongkong Phooey wrote:Most people on this forum do not want to consider this line as a possibility because the subject is taboo.
I think it is too painfull, we don't want it to excist, it can't be...

That is what I don't like about the Gasper's statement. 
I understand you doubt yourself, did I really see that, but it makes you feel uneasy.
But than she says to her husband keep a close eye on our daughter, but the other baby's it didn't matter?

____________________
Mummy, why didn't you come when we were crying last night?

Sietah

Posts : 112
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Things I'm confused about....

Post by Hongkong Phooey on Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:07 am

@Sietah wrote:
@Hongkong Phooey wrote:Most people on this forum do not want to consider this line as a possibility because the subject is taboo.
I think it is too painfull, we don't want it to excist, it can't be...

That is what I don't like about the Gasper's statement. 
I understand you doubt yourself, did I really see that, but it makes you feel uneasy.
But than she says to her husband keep a close eye on our daughter, but the other baby's it didn't matter?
Your first instinct is to protect your own and she probably didn't want to believe it herself. It was only when she heard Maddie had gone missing that she decided she must speak out. These people were friends or friends of friends, they were all doctors and the allegation would have enormous consequences.

The Ullapool teacher thread on the Main Maddie News thread makes a connection

Hongkong Phooey

Posts : 310
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Things I'm confused about....

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:13 am

@SittingOnTheFence wrote:Galena, I agree with you. The profilers have called them narcissistic, and they meet a lot of the criteria - denial being one of them. 
http://outofthefog.net/Disorders/NPD.html
Denial - Believing or imagining that some painful or traumatic circumstance, event or memory does not exist or did not happen

This is a good read (not about the MCCanns but Christian Longo who killed his wife and child). It helps to understand how / why the MCCanns might be acting as they are:

http://thelastpsychiatrist.com/2010/01/this_man_killed_his_family_and.html
That's an illuminating read. It becomes possible to see how they could actually have sat through dinner having just found her dead. Or, indeed, through the holiday while plotting the cover-up if it happened earlier in the week.

It does, in fact, open up a whole host of possibilities I'd discounted because I was measuring their behaviour against that of the norm, not a narcissist. 

There is still, however, the very compelling Occam's Razor to take into account.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Things I'm confused about....

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:53 am

@ChillyHeat wrote:Im confused as to why Tannerman is not raking in the money with his front page story thinking
Possibly he will be a witness in an upcoming trial. Who knows what he saw that night.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Things I'm confused about....

Post by galena on Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:22 pm

@SittingOnTheFence wrote:Galena, I agree with you. The profilers have called them narcissistic, and they meet a lot of the criteria - denial being one of them. 
http://outofthefog.net/Disorders/NPD.html
Denial - Believing or imagining that some painful or traumatic circumstance, event or memory does not exist or did not happen

This is a good read (not about the MCCanns but Christian Longo who killed his wife and child). It helps to understand how / why the MCCanns might be acting as they are:

http://thelastpsychiatrist.com/2010/01/this_man_killed_his_family_and.html
Hi SOTF - thanks a lot for the link.  I have heard of the Longo case - I think it was covered on Really a few months ago - but never really understood why he did it. There are certainly some interesting parallels there.

My feeling is that both Kate and Gerry are in denial for different reasons - Gerry because he can't bear to lose the esteem he has built up as a successful doctor with a perfect little family, Kate because she can't bear the guilt that she let Madeleine down. I think that's why she goes along with for as long as she can fantasise that Maddie is with a family and happy then she doesn't have to face the unbearable reality.

galena

Posts : 286
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-09-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum