The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

What a turnaround in a week!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What a turnaround in a week!

Post by justathought on 04.11.13 17:03

ST revelation last weekend. but since then, huge spin by the MSM to defend the MCCanns. also seems that some of the recent story lines are being sourced from internet forums, such as this one?! for example the idea of the smithman sighting being close to the medical centre

justathought

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What a turnaround in a week!

Post by noddy100 on 04.11.13 17:09

I know its madness. 
I wonder who has leaked all this stuff to the UK press
If its CM surely SY will be livid and see right through them

noddy100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 04.11.13 17:09

@justathought wrote:ST revelation last weekend. but since then, huge spin by the MSM to defend the MCCanns. also seems that some of the recent story lines are being sourced from internet forums, such as this one?! for example the idea of the smithman sighting being close to the medical centre
Of course they look on here,there are people with a lot of knowledge on this forum and common sense.

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by justathought on 04.11.13 17:18

@tiny wrote:
Of course they look on here,there are people with a lot of knowledge on this forum and common sense.
very true, so much that could be reported from the forums which would be of interest to the general public. shame then that journalists seem hell bent on twisting possible lines and only reporting sensational rubbish. bit like sifting the wheat from the chaff and reporting the later?!

justathought

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Slave on 04.11.13 17:18

And the Libel trial in Portugal restarts tomorrow.
What juicy snippets have emerged since the halt in proceedings!
Crimewatch
The dismissal of 'Tannerman'
The E-Fits of 'Gerryman'
The Sunday Times REVELATIONS OF ENORMOUS SIGNIFICANCE
'Tractorman'

I await with bated breath.laughat

The Slave

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 04.11.13 18:27

@The Slave wrote:And the Libel trial in Portugal restarts tomorrow.
What juicy snippets have emerged since the halt in proceedings!
Crimewatch
The dismissal of 'Tannerman'
The E-Fits of 'Gerryman'
The Sunday Times REVELATIONS OF ENORMOUS SIGNIFICANCE
'Tractorman'

I await with bated breath.laughat
hopefully it will be very interesting and like you ,I cant wait

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 04.11.13 19:29

And of course Amaral said he would raise the matter of the suppressed e-fits in court!!

The Judge is having none of the McBollocks, as evidenced by earlier events.

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by justathought on 04.11.13 19:44

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:And of course Amaral said he would raise the matter of the suppressed e-fits in court!!

The Judge is having none of the McBollocks, as evidenced by earlier events.
You may well be right. but will the trial in the next few weeks be reported by the MSM in the UK? i doubt it. if it is it will be diluted down

justathought

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TellTheTruth on 04.11.13 20:03

Maybe the ST will watch and report? Seems the press are turning, just a bit...

TellTheTruth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by secrets and lies on 04.11.13 20:21

It seems it's a win-win situation for the tabloids.

When/if The McCanns are snared and brought to some type of justice the papers can them have a field them on THEM, and everyone can talk about how they were duped and mislead. Can you imagine Lorraine crying into her hanky and saying "and they weeere here beside me on the sofa". It'll be a gravy train for various talking heads and media whores. 

Meantime, as someone else pointed out, Maddie's face and name continues to sell papers regardless of the story.

We don't need to think in terms of "are the media not tired of all these cul-de-sacs". They are happy to see this story back in circulation since it caters to a certain part of the populace and sells well.

secrets and lies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woburn_exile on 01.12.13 11:44

@secrets and lies wrote:It seems it's a win-win situation for the tabloids.

When/if The McCanns are snared and brought to some type of justice the papers can them have a field them on THEM, and everyone can talk about how they were duped and mislead. Can you imagine Lorraine crying into her hanky and saying "and they weeere here beside me on the sofa". It'll be a gravy train for various talking heads and media whores. 

Meantime, as someone else pointed out, Maddie's face and name continues to sell papers regardless of the story.

We don't need to think in terms of "are the media not tired of all these cul-de-sacs". They are happy to see this story back in circulation since it caters to a certain part of the populace and sells well.
What has always niggled me about this case is the media's attitude. When I first heard of the incident in 2007 my impression was "what rubbish negectful parents". This is in my opinion but I am amongst the majority in real terms. When the cased was dragged out over the next year I took no interest in it until some trivia was mentioned on the midday news when I passed a comment to a work colleague along the lines of "there's something not right about those two, they're not telling the whole truth". He was in agreement.  This was revisited in 2011 when KMs daft bewk was published, I read a review in the Belfast Telegraph which suggested it was a pack of lies but it was only when I read the bewk in a hotel later that year that I had my "revelation moment". JT and GM not telling everyone about the man carrying a child because they didn't want to distress poor Kate????wft wft wft wft wft . How can the media fail to see right through this?

Woburn_exile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterion on 01.12.13 14:22

I believe that the media see it. What they probably have are files on an alternative "who dun it" ready to go when the truth comes out.In much the same way that obituraries are written well in advance for famous people so that they can go to press in 10 minutes.

mysterion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe on 23.12.13 16:41

I just happened to be flitting through Youtube clippings of the McCanns and came across the following which was compiled in Dec. 2007 by Sky News.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxUdEnQ_r9M

Readers will no doubt be well aware of this video and I am not regurgitating it for the purpose of creating a scotland Yard type revelation. However, what I did find to be striking was the fact that this programme appeared to be open minded as to what might have transpired in relation to the disappearance of the McCann's daughter, Madeleine. One also has to bear in mind that this programme was compiled 8 months after her disappearance.

In direct contrast to the aforementioned, with little or no further evidence to illuminate matters, all the meeja coverage now appears to unreservedly exonerate the McCanns from any culpability in the disappearance of their daughter and accept the abduction theory as being the only possibility. I don't know about others, but I find this turn around to be utterly amazing, particularly in the vein that the McCanns and their friend's recounting of events have become ever more implausible, if not bordering on the farcical with the passing of time.

I fully appreciate that the meeja are terrified of being sued by the McCann's lawyers, but nevertheless, one would have thought they would be still smarting from the payouts and having to issue apologies etc. to the extent that although not wishing to incur the further wrath of their lawyers, they certainly wouldn't want to be seen patronising them or helping their cause in any way. I mean lets have it right, the meeja are hardly a charitable organisation which doesn't bear grudges, are they now.

The only explanation that I can think of is that  they are sharpening their knives whilst practising their smiles in the mirror and trusting that like 'Sun' readers, their clientle also possess the brains of an ant with ten second memory retentions.

diatribe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.12.13 17:27

I happen to have studied ants - so long ago, that it seems in another life - but I can assure you that they have excellent memory features ...

ETA before Aquila lands on me: NO, I don't have a degree in ant studies  winkwink 

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe on 23.12.13 18:35

Châtelaine wrote:I happen to have studied ants - so long ago, that it seems in another life - but I can assure you that they have excellent memory features ...

ETA before Aquila lands on me: NO, I don't have a degree in ant studies  winkwink 

I wasn't referring to their memory, Chatelaine, I was referring to their brain.

It was my fault, I should have stated '' the brains of an ant accompanied by a ten second memory retention.

Nevertheless, I still appreciate the the lesson in the study of insects. big grin

diatribe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum