The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by nobodythereeither on 30.10.13 13:31

candyfloss wrote:
@nobodythereeither wrote:
@Silver Shuffle wrote:Sounds like Smithman is going to be a deceased ex employee of the Ocean Club, according to CM this morning....sad1
What do you mean? Have I missed something?

Could you expand on that? Thanks!
Here...

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t8351p160-pj-searches-for-maddie-s-body-again
Thanks Candyfloss, I hadn't seen that thread yet.

Oh dear, more reading .....

nobodythereeither

Posts : 273
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-11-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by thetruthbeknown on 30.10.13 14:31

as its relevant to this thread thought id reiterate my post on the other thread regarding 'speculation' on developments regarding 'Smithman':

My take on the Smithman development (if it can be called that)

1. This does not come from PJ, no identity would be revealed, there is a secrecy order on any developments

2. As both SY and PJ have been doing reviews and sharing information, Smithman sighting has been known about at least 2 years by both, but was not seen by itself as significant enough to warrant an immediate reopening

3. PJ said in April 2012 that there was no intention of reopening at that time, it would only be reopened on significant evidence, not hypothesis..IMO the evidence that caused the reopening to be allowed, is more then just Smithman...I think, even with damning evidence, every other possibility has to be accounted for. Tannerman is said to be accounted for..maybe now Smithman may have been identified and accounted for? Anyone want to offer another sighting of some other abductor??? No?? Then lets get to the truth shall we? Maybe?

Im sorry if this has been covered already, my pc is playing up a bit and pages are taking an age to load

thetruthbeknown

Posts : 273
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by galena on 30.10.13 14:34

@thetruthbeknown wrote:as its relevant to this thread thought id reiterate my post on the other thread regarding 'speculation' on developments regarding 'Smithman':

My take on the Smithman development (if it can be called that)

1. This does not come from PJ, no identity would be revealed, there is a secrecy order on any developments

2. As both SY and PJ have been doing reviews and sharing information, Smithman sighting has been known about at least 2 years by both, but was not seen by itself as significant enough to warrant an immediate reopening

3. PJ said in April 2012 that there was no intention of reopening at that time, it would only be reopened on significant evidence, not hypothesis..IMO the evidence that caused the reopening to be allowed, is more then just Smithman...I think, even with damning evidence, every other possibility has to be accounted for. Tannerman is said to be accounted for..maybe now Smithman may have been identified and accounted for? Anyone want to offer another sighting of some other abductor??? No?? Then lets get to the truth shall we? Maybe?

Im sorry if this has been covered already, my pc is playing up a bit and pages are taking an age to load
Kind of puzzled by this comment.  Surely they've known about this 'new evidence' since the Smiths came forward in 2007?

galena

Posts : 286
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-09-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by thetruthbeknown on 30.10.13 14:44

@galena wrote:Kind of puzzled by this comment.  Surely they've known about this 'new evidence' since the Smiths came forward in 2007?
I was refferring to the review..the Smiths statements had been taken and noted in 2007, but I think proceedings were mainly thwarted by PIs, McCanns and their spin, the focus was deliberately guided to Tannerman. The case was shelved because of the lack of evidence, which I believe was hampered.

But for the new 'efits' and the follow up of the Smith sighting, that had been established during the review. However, was not 'significant' enough for a reopening in 2012. IMO

thetruthbeknown

Posts : 273
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by galena on 30.10.13 15:00

@thetruthbeknown wrote:
@galena wrote:Kind of puzzled by this comment.  Surely they've known about this 'new evidence' since the Smiths came forward in 2007?
I was refferring to the review..the Smiths statements had been taken and noted in 2007, but I think proceedings were mainly thwarted by PIs, McCanns and their spin, the focus was deliberately guided to Tannerman. The case was shelved because of the lack of evidence, which I believe was hampered.

But for the new 'efits' and the follow up of the Smith sighting, that had been established during the review. However, was not 'significant' enough for a reopening in 2012. IMO
I have to say that if the efits are all they have it hardly seems worth re-opening the case. Efits done weeks later by witnesses who said at the time they wouldn't be able to identify the man they saw immediately afterwards?

galena

Posts : 286
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-09-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by thetruthbeknown on 30.10.13 17:00

@galena wrote:
@thetruthbeknown wrote:
@galena wrote:Kind of puzzled by this comment.  Surely they've known about this 'new evidence' since the Smiths came forward in 2007?
I was refferring to the review..the Smiths statements had been taken and noted in 2007, but I think proceedings were mainly thwarted by PIs, McCanns and their spin, the focus was deliberately guided to Tannerman. The case was shelved because of the lack of evidence, which I believe was hampered.

But for the new 'efits' and the follow up of the Smith sighting, that had been established during the review. However, was not 'significant' enough for a reopening in 2012. IMO
I have to say that if the efits are all they have it hardly seems worth re-opening the case. Efits done weeks later by witnesses who said at the time they wouldn't be able to identify the man they saw immediately afterwards?
Yes, I think there is some kind of damning evidence, against someone or maybe in another area? I doubt we would know at present..I have a feeling PJ would not have agreed to reopen without a feeling of it being a clear cut, and the Smith/efits etc were evidence im pretty sure was around when they said it was unlikely to reopen back in 2012. and as said, all other possiblities must be discarded and proved as to why they are not relevant..I would expect that to happen first before the final blow with the reopening..

thetruthbeknown

Posts : 273
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by sar on 30.10.13 17:39

Just been google earthing pdl, where smithman was sighted, tapas bar etc.  [switched to satellite image] distances don't look that far, for someone who's fit, a trip one way with "something" and an unburdened return journey.  Even at night by street lighting.  To come back up around the tennis courts "puffing and panting/ distressed" at the right moment, not that hard.

sar

Posts : 460
Reputation : 139
Join date : 2013-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by Spandex on 31.10.13 6:51

I have a gut feeling that one of the tapas have turned and together with the Smith sighting and phone records may be enough evidence?

____________________


Spandex

Posts : 22
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by Silver Shuffle on 31.10.13 6:55

@Spandex wrote:I have a gut feeling that one of the tapas have turned and together with the Smith sighting and phone records may be enough evidence?
Gosh I hope you're Feeling is right... think with the  spin  they are definitely trying to bury Smithman!

Silver Shuffle

Posts : 99
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by Research_Reader on 31.10.13 10:18

I think Smithman was sighted fairly near to where Sergey Malinka was living.

Research_Reader

Posts : 259
Reputation : 60
Join date : 2013-10-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by PeterMac on 31.10.13 10:29

Is it clear or "Clarrified" that Smithman and Flatman / Tractorman are supposed to be one and the same
or is the pink one trying to introduce yet another suspect.A ohoto of Tractorman whould help.

(I note that according to one account he originally came from the Cap Verde Islands - which suggests the colour of his skin might be at the extreme end of Swarthy !)

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by jeanmonroe on 31.10.13 10:32

WHERE could Smithman/Tractorman have been heading?

Obviously, to the farm that his mate,  ol' Macdonald, had!

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5129
Reputation : 883
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by thetruthbeknown on 31.10.13 10:33

@PeterMac wrote:Is it clear or "Clarrified" that Smithman and Flatman / Tractorman are supposed to be one and the same
or is the pink one trying to introduce yet another suspect.A ohoto of Tractorman whould help.

(I note that according to one account he originally came from the Cap Verde Islands - which suggests the colour of his skin might be at the extreme end of Swarthy !)
Nothing is clear in this case smilie

IMO I think tractorman is just another process of elimination of earlier theories/sightings

thetruthbeknown

Posts : 273
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by jeanmonroe on 31.10.13 10:37

@thetruthbeknown wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:Is it clear or "Clarrified" that Smithman and Flatman / Tractorman are supposed to be one and the same
or is the pink one trying to introduce yet another suspect.A ohoto of Tractorman whould help.

(I note that according to one account he originally came from the Cap Verde Islands - which suggests the colour of his skin might be at the extreme end of Swarthy !)
Nothing is clear in this case smilie

IMO I think tractorman is just another process of elimination of earlier theories/sightings
So NOT a blonde Scandanavian 'LURKER' chap wearing BIGGGGG sunglasses?

( I'll NEVER, EVER 'forget' those BIGGGGGG glasses, says 'witness')

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5129
Reputation : 883
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by Sietah on 31.10.13 10:42

@PeterMac wrote:A ohoto of Tractorman whould help.
Think it would be something like this:


____________________
Mummy, why didn't you come when we were crying last night?

Sietah

Posts : 112
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by StraightThinking on 02.11.13 7:37

Why does everyone assume that Smithman might have been taking M from 5a to a hiding place?

It's much more likely that she wandered off and was found close to where Smithman was spotted

ie everything is back-to-front

That means that K was genuinely surprised when she found her missing, which seems fair enough

Where was Smithman going? Maybe to a temporary hiding place, and eventually back to 5a when the initial search was over and everyone had gone home

That would allow the cadaverine time to develop and for the scent to accumulate after the body was placed behind the sofa

The best place to hide a body is the place that has already been thoroughly searched

StraightThinking

Posts : 180
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by ProfessorPPlum on 02.11.13 7:57

So MM wandered off into the night, KM was genuinely surprised to find her gone and raised the alarm. Smithman then kills MM and - despite a huge and genuine police, public and then press furore - brings her body back to 5A and puts her behind sofa so that weeks later the dogs will alert? 

Have I read your post right straightthinking?

____________________
The prime suspects in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann cannot be permitted to dictate what can and can't be discussed about the case

ProfessorPPlum

Posts : 411
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-05-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by Guest on 02.11.13 21:16

Inasmuch as I know the McCanns left 5A May 3 late night/early morning May 4 for the Payne's apartment and were allocated in another apartment at OC the next day. AFAIK they were escorted out of 5A with their belongings the morning of May 4. I've seen pictures of that. So WHEN could Madeleine's body have been hidden in 5A and NOT discovered by the PJ? I'm losing you ...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by StraightThinking on 02.11.13 21:30

Link here:

May 3 - May 4 timeline




01:00


The apartment was not cleared of searchers until 2am


01:00


The PJ arrived at 1am


03:30


By 3.30am the police had packed it in for the night.


04:00


Gerry went out at about 4am with David Payne, another of their group


06:00


Later, at about 6am, the McCanns went out alone and walked around the scrubland on the outskirts of the village


StraightThinking

Posts : 180
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by Guest on 02.11.13 21:35

Oh, please. And by 3:30 am the PT police hadn't found anything behind the sofa ... ?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by StraightThinking on 02.11.13 21:44

I doubt there was anything behind the sofa before 3.30!

StraightThinking

Posts : 180
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by Guest on 02.11.13 21:57

@StraightThinking wrote:I doubt there was anything behind the sofa before 3.30!
***
O.K. Now you've lost me completely.
Good night :-)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by StraightThinking on 02.11.13 21:59

Oh dear, do try to keep up - the timeline shows a window of opportunity and you mentioned it yourself

StraightThinking

Posts : 180
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where could "Smith-man" have been heading? (OR: Was there ever a "Smith-man"?)

Post by Guest on 02.11.13 22:09

Just one go, before I turn into the silken sheets: AFAIK there was GNR and PJ on-site continuously.
It's just too late now to look for and dish up all of the GNR and PJ statements. Have a good night ...zzz ...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum