The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

New Heights of insanity - Express

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by Joss on 08.11.13 1:31

Just my 2 cents worth, but i think the key to posting on forums is not to take it so personally. We are all people behind a computer screen posting out thoughts on this case. Who cares if people don't agree, i would then be inclined to join a forum where people were more of like mind. I agree, people can be rude to others on forums when a case is very emotionally charged, but that is their problem and not mine. Another option we all have is just to roll and scroll on by those type of posts. I never expect people to agree with my opinion when i post, but just give my opinion on how i see things. At the end of the day it won't make one iota of difference anyhow as to what happens to the McCann's and it certainly won't affect my life.

Joss

Posts : 1899
Reputation : 146
Join date : 2011-09-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by Wolfgang on 08.11.13 6:54

Although not a newbie, my post count is low because I rarely have anything to add to the excellent discussions on here. I think most forums have an element who feel there is a pecking order based on post count, but I don't often get that impression here. I don't agree with everything that is said, but I know we all ultimately want the same thing in this tragic case, and until that happens there will be different opinions about the circumstances.

Wolfgang

Posts : 8
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by jowie on 08.11.13 8:28

Lolamanola, I agree with a lot of what you have said, as I feel that way too. It is very daunting for a genuine new member ( albeit in my case having read here from the very early days before becoming a member) to enter into discussions as you are unsure how you are going to be received.  So you take gentle steps and try not to upset the longtimers because you feel it is their territory as they have contributed so much over the years and all we do is read.  Then, when you do post you are sometimes, not always, either shot down, dare I say by the trolls, or completely ignored as in my post here a few pages back which was concerning Tony himself - not one response did I have which I thought was quite strange considering that the posts before were all about Tony, nor did I receive a response from him. I can see he has been posting today so I thought if I post now he may see it and get back to me. 

So I guess we are happier just sitting reading, agreeing and disagreeing, whilst we wait for justice to prevail for Madeleine- that is why I am here - for her and no-one else.

jowie

Posts : 58
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by Tony Bennett on 08.11.13 9:06

@jowie wrote:...or completely ignored as in my post here a few pages back which was concerning Tony himself - not one response did I have which I thought was quite strange considering that the posts before were all about Tony, nor did I receive a response from him. I can see he has been posting today so I thought if I post now he may see it and get back to me. 
Good morning jowie, I have seen both your posts. I think I've answered most of your points this morning on another thread - [Kelly's Bar - Receipts, started by LancedeBoils] - with this post:

QUOTE

BRODFB wrote:
So anyone who doesn't share your theory is a McCann supporter?
When you posted that, BRODFB, you knew perfectly well that that was not what I was saying.

I say again, and say it with force, that some new members have definitely joined these 'Smith' threads because - for whetever reason - they want to convince members here that the Smiths really did see someone.

Two of the most obvious new joiners, 'Sockpuppet' and 'StraightThinking', who joined wholly or mainly to promote the Smith sighting, have at last been banned by Admin. I was very rude and sarcastic towards them because they were the most obvious trolls.

I am aware that there are many both long-standing and newer members who are utterly baffled by my relentless questioning of the Smith 'sighting', and cannot understand why I would effectively accuse apparently honest witnesses of making something up.

I wish to say that I have simply been driven to this position by the innumerable questions I have about their evidence.

To those who suspect that I have somehow 'turned', and am now prepared to criticise Goncalo Amaral and disagree with him, let me first of all remind members where that when I was a member of The Madeleine Foundation, I ensured that we spent £1,500 of our funds (in three separate payments) on making donations to Goncalo Amaral's legal fund - dipping into my own pocket to fund our leaflets in the process.

Unfortunately I am constrained for legal reasons from explaining precisely why, but I do dare to disagree with Goncalo Amaral's conclsuion that the Smith 'sighting' is credible.

I would rather not disagree with him on this point, but, as I've said, the queries I have about their claimed recall of this bloke they saw for about one or two seconds, in the dark, and without seeing his face, are so numerous that I have to disagree, and I find their evidence incredible.

UNQUOTE

____________________


If that does not clear most of your queries up, please send me a 'pm'

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13972
Reputation : 2147
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by dunn on 08.11.13 9:10

@Tony Bennet and 'admin'


 


Two of the most obvious new joiners, 'Sockpuppet' and 'StraightThinking', who joined wholly or mainly to promote the Smith sighting, have at last been banned by Admin. I was very rude and sarcastic towards them because they were the most obvious trolls.


 


 


Tony, I have no problem with you voicing your experience and knowledge of this case, your opinions hence always welcome regarding any aspect of it. However, the above is utterly disappointing for me. Unfortunately, I see this as a simple dislike to the stance and challenges these users took against you and 'admin.'


Result: You making a call to label them 'trolls' and cut off their voice. I recall many of their posts and would not consider them threatening to the belief system here -The level of paranoia on this forum has become its face.


 


I have researched this case since Kate went jogging on day 3, I know much, but not everything, so I joined onto to share with like minded people - what I have found, amongst some very good and genuine posters, are a greater number of those wishing to dictate and direct. This does not interest me. I have now chosen to deactivate and leave. I feel you have unfortunately become the very establishment you despise.


 


I do not know any of you beyond your written word, so I aspire still, that we are all seeking justice. And with that, I wish you luck.


 


 


Bye.

dunn

Posts : 20
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by Pennypennypenny on 08.11.13 9:35

I don't mean to sound flippant, but I know how I reacted when I misplaced a gold charm bracelet my darling mum and dad gave to me when I was a little girl. I collected charms over the years and when they died and I lost it, I was like a demented lunatic. I couldn't rest. I turned the house upside down. Going over and over trying to remember where I had last seen it.
I cannot imagine how I would feel if the bracelet had been one of my darling babies. I would be roaring like a bull. Turning over every stone, every piece of turf, ripping at everything with my bare hands. I wouldn't be able to sleep, or eat.
Those two people and their behaviour are completely alien to me. They are bizarre. They make me feel sick to my stomach.

Pennypennypenny

Posts : 43
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by aquila on 08.11.13 9:35

I'm bored with trolls.

I'm bored with new members complaining if their posts are challenged.

I'm bored with anyone on this forum thinking there is only one line of thought.

I'm bored with the constant whining of being a newbie and being sensitive and flouncing off.

This forum is about finding justice for Madeleine McCann and the whole fiasco surrounding her disappearance. It's not about you, me or anyone else. It's about what happened to Madeleine and what has happened since she disappeared. If you don't have the courage to say what you think without whining about being 'victimised' or feeling 'marginalised' by people on this forum what are you doing here? Members of this forum are not children in the playground.

I find a lot of things on this forum completely out of kilter with my own thoughts but I read them all. I can't do theories.

I am very bored with people who treat this forum as an outlet such as twitter or facebook.

It's not a chatroom.

Take a look around this forum at the wealth of information that is available. I am in awe of the commitment people have made to harvesting and producing factual data.

So, the bottom line for me is start fighting for justice for Madeleine and forget about how you are or are not treated. I really ask everyone to focus on the main thing.

I think (in my own way) I'm trying to say either pee or get off the potty. It's not about YOU.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by Humanist on 08.11.13 9:40

Why the need to post your farewell letter in two places?

I fully understand.
A troll is a troll is a troll is a troll who has only one function and I fully understand
not wanting to feed them.

Humanist

Posts : 66
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by deafoldbat on 08.11.13 9:45

@Wolfgang wrote:Although not a newbie, my post count is low because I rarely have anything to add to the excellent discussions on here. I think most forums have an element who feel there is a pecking order based on post count, but I don't often get that impression here. I don't agree with everything that is said, but I know we all ultimately want the same thing in this tragic case, and until that happens there will be different opinions about the circumstances.
Thank you Wolfgang - my situation is the same. I have learnt so much from reading others posts but rarely feel I can add anything new - so I don't post much myself.
I just want to see truth and justice for MBM.  One day, perhaps .........fingers crossed

deafoldbat

Posts : 85
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2013-05-19
Location : Kent, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by pennylane on 08.11.13 9:51

Having lived in Pacific Beach, San Diego for years, I can definitely vouch for some, not all, tourists standing out from the rest.  This is a feasible question in a holiday resort.

In addition, having witnessed an attempted burglary first hand in UK, you remember odd things depending what angle you see someone from.  Because I stared at the person face on, I remembered his pupils were large and his eyes were dark, and the height being similar to mine.  I don't really know if the pupils were large, but that's the picture my mind grabbed at that moment. Recollections are hit and miss, and some mundane recollections can and do pop into your head later.

pennylane

Posts : 2529
Reputation : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by Mélusine on 08.11.13 9:55

I'm also a newbie here, though had been reading about 2 years before signing up.

Usually I'm either too slow to post sth. or I hesitate because of my not so perfect knowledge of all the details of the case and because of my English.

However I'm glad to read Tony's explanation because I was rather worried concerning his recent posts on the Smith sighting. As for me I understand him better now.

Mélusine

Posts : 42
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by unchained melody on 08.11.13 9:56

@aquila wrote:I'm bored with trolls.

I'm bored with new members complaining if their posts are challenged.

I'm bored with anyone on this forum thinking there is only one line of thought.

I'm bored with the constant whining of being a newbie and being sensitive and flouncing off.

This forum is about finding justice for Madeleine McCann and the whole fiasco surrounding her disappearance. It's not about you, me or anyone else. It's about what happened to Madeleine and what has happened since she disappeared. If you don't have the courage to say what you think without whining about being 'victimised' or feeling 'marginalised' by people on this forum what are you doing here? Members of this forum are not children in the playground.

I find a lot of things on this forum completely out of kilter with my own thoughts but I read them all. I can't do theories.

I am very bored with people who treat this forum as an outlet such as twitter or facebook.

It's not a chatroom.

Take a look around this forum at the wealth of information that is available. I am in awe of the commitment people have made to harvesting and producing factual data.

So, the bottom line for me is start fighting for justice for Madeleine and forget about how you are or are not treated. I really ask everyone to focus on the main thing.

I think (in my own way) I'm trying to say either pee or get off the potty. It's not about YOU.
Hear, hear

unchained melody

Posts : 161
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by ThinkingStraight on 08.11.13 9:58

@Tony Bennett wrote:Two of the most obvious new joiners, 'Sockpuppet' and 'StraightThinking', who joined wholly or mainly to promote the Smith sighting, have at last been banned by Admin. I was very rude and sarcastic towards them because they were the most obvious trolls. ce incredible.
Hello Tony

Yes it's me, StraightThinking, back again this time in the form of ThinkingStraight

Before this post is deleted and I am banned again, please give me the courtesy of reading this post and all the previous ones I made. Then ask yourself whether it really is the behaviour of a troll

In fact, I am a journalist trying to get to the bottom of this case as much as anyone on here. I have to make strong arguments and clear up certain issues or I can't progress with my work

Your case against the Smiths came straight out of the blue and I wanted to know why

But hey-ho, I'm not a troll, nor I suspect was Sockpuppet, whose line of questioning just happened to coincide with mine. Before anyone asks, no I am not Sockpuppet in disguise

I won't be posting again but ask the moderators to leave this post in place for all to see so that others can comment. If people with genuine points to make are driven off the board by sarcasm and unfair accusations, you will lose a lot of genuine help

As for this particular sorry case, if the forum's conclusion that I was a troll is anything to go by, you will never solve what happened to M because you were 100 per cent wrong with me

If this post is removed, I will know there is a hidden agenda lurking behind the otherwise stimulating discussion between the clever minds who post on here. You really shouldn't ban posters just because they don't agree with you because it detracts from everything else you do. But thanks for reading it anyway

ThinkingStraight

Posts : 3
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by unchained melody on 08.11.13 10:01

Sockpuppet did choose an unfortunate name - a troll name

unchained melody

Posts : 161
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by Guest on 08.11.13 10:05

Yes I agree that name did worry me!

Are you at liberty Thinking Straight to say whether you work for a national paper and whether or not you (and your colleagues) feel that you are restricted in what you report about the case?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by Tony Bennett on 08.11.13 10:07

@ThinkingStraight wrote:
In fact, I am a journalist trying to get to the bottom of this case as much as anyone on here... 
Yeah, right...

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13972
Reputation : 2147
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by aquila on 08.11.13 10:10

@ThinkingStraight wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:Two of the most obvious new joiners, 'Sockpuppet' and 'StraightThinking', who joined wholly or mainly to promote the Smith sighting, have at last been banned by Admin. I was very rude and sarcastic towards them because they were the most obvious trolls. ce incredible.
Hello Tony

Yes it's me, StraightThinking, back again this time in the form of ThinkingStraight

Before this post is deleted and I am banned again, please give me the courtesy of reading this post and all the previous ones I made. Then ask yourself whether it really is the behaviour of a troll

In fact, I am a journalist trying to get to the bottom of this case as much as anyone on here. I have to make strong arguments and clear up certain issues or I can't progress with my work

Your case against the Smiths came straight out of the blue and I wanted to know why

But hey-ho, I'm not a troll, nor I suspect was Sockpuppet, whose line of questioning just happened to coincide with mine. Before anyone asks, no I am not Sockpuppet in disguise

I won't be posting again but ask the moderators to leave this post in place for all to see so that others can comment. If people with genuine points to make are driven off the board by sarcasm and unfair accusations, you will lose a lot of genuine help

As for this particular sorry case, if the forum's conclusion that I was a troll is anything to go by, you will never solve what happened to M because you were 100 per cent wrong with me

If this post is removed, I will know there is a hidden agenda lurking behind the otherwise stimulating discussion between the clever minds who post on here. You really shouldn't ban posters just because they don't agree with you because it detracts from everything else you do. But thanks for reading it anyway
If you're a journalist then give us some of the work you've written on the Madeleine case. You're obviously not allowed to write in UK press, so come on what have you to lose by writing a blog or posting your important stuff on this forum?

Or....are you another troll who just targets Tony Bennett?

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by plebgate on 08.11.13 10:11

I just wanted to say hear, hear to Aquila's post also.

Maybe there could be a grievance thread for newbies and then the threads will not be disrupted.

As for LolaM stating that NFWTD only does short posts, good, so do I, probably because we have over the years  already said what we think.

Not many answer my posts either - what's the point really as I have said it all before.  lol.

I mainly log in most days to show support for Tony, Mr. A. , Get Em Gonc. and the Team.

For what it's worth I didn't think StraightThinking was a troll.

____________________
Judge Judy to shifty  witnesses   -    LOOK AT ME  -   Um is not an answer.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

Posts : 5445
Reputation : 1160
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by ThinkingStraight on 08.11.13 10:15

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Are you at liberty Thinking Straight to say whether you work for a national paper and whether or not you (and your colleagues) feel that you are restricted in what you report about the case?
If the moderators will allow me to post again to answer your point, NFWTD'A, this is one of the main concerns I have about the discussion on here. I am a freelance journalist and have been interested in this case since 3 May 2007

During that time I have had numerous discussions with colleagues about what happened to M. There is no consensus in the media re the explanation, but in six and a half years I have NEVER been told to report on the story in a particular way except that we are bound by the laws of defamation

We can't imply that that someone has committed a crime before they are found guilty, which is why several newspapers got into trouble in Aug/Sept 2007

As for D-notices, I know many editors in all branches of the media and none of them have even hinted at such a thing

Because I know for a fact that this aspect of the case is incorrect, as regularly speculated on in this forum, I have to question everything else

I do regret that the press is full of junk stories about sightings of M, but I'm afraid I can't do anything about that - they just want to sell newspapers

ThinkingStraight

Posts : 3
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by ThinkingStraight on 08.11.13 10:15

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@ThinkingStraight wrote:
In fact, I am a journalist trying to get to the bottom of this case as much as anyone on here... 
Yeah, right...
And your evidence for that is what, exactly?

ThinkingStraight

Posts : 3
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by aquila on 08.11.13 10:18

@plebgate wrote:I just wanted to say hear, hear to Aquila's post also.

Maybe there could be a grievance thread for newbies and then the threads will not be disrupted.

As for LolaM stating that NFWTD only does short posts, good, so do I, probably because we have over the years  already said what we think.

Not many answer my posts either - what's the point really as I have said it all before.  lol.

I mainly log in most days to show support for Tony, Mr. A. , Get Em Gonc. and the Team.

For what it's worth I didn't think StraightThinking was a troll.
Lolamanola asked for people not to insult each other and then proceeded to call Tony Bennett a pedant and an arsehole.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by russiandoll on 08.11.13 10:21

I have asked twice on another thread why sockpuppet and straightthinking were banned, when none of their posts was abusive or potentially libellous. No answer to this query as yet, but what a surprise......a sarcastic response to thinking straight's claim to be a journalist.

 What the hell is going on at the moment?

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by Guest on 08.11.13 10:25

Aquila: I don't recall Lolamanola saying that about Tony.

Russian Doll: I don't think Candyfloss is online yet. I am interested too in a reply to your query.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by bristow on 08.11.13 10:28

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:
Russian Doll: I don't think Candyfloss is online yet. I am interested too in a reply to your query.
Me too.

____________________
Coincidence is a messenger sent by truth.

bristow

Posts : 823
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-11-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by russiandoll on 08.11.13 10:31

NFWTD    Recall reading those words from Lolam earlier this morning, she is certainly very wound- up about recent behaviour on this forum! Strange though that she objects to insulting language then uses it herself, a measure I guess of just how angry, fed-up and frustrated she is.
 
I must admit that in the past week or so I have been bewildered by some of the near paranoia on here regarding new members.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum