The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

New Heights of insanity - Express

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by Tony Bennett on 03.11.13 13:11

bristow wrote:I just don't know what to believe anymore, perhaps Murat should be brought in for some more intensive questioning, I'm still troubled with the Exeter connection plus his flight back to PDL, my head is befuddled.
The following statement by Dr Gerald McCann springs to mind, said on 24 August 2007 in an interview for Scottish Television:

"And, in fact, one of the slight positives in all of this is that there is so much rumour about what and did and didn't happen, it's actually very difficult, if you're reading the newspapers, watching TV, to know what's true and what's not".

Hardly surprising, then, that we get 'befuddled'.

It would be nice to take every statement made by the witnesses in this case at face value. But we can't, for a start because so many of them conflict. So we have to use our skills to evaluate the likely truth of any comment.   

In relation to Murat, I've never said he had anything to do with the cause of Madeleine's disappearance - but the precise reason for his early morning flight to Faro Airport remains a mystery, and in relation to Martin Smith's backing for Robert Murat, it's worth remembering that Murat has already once been brought back for intensive questioning - on 10 and 11 July 2007 - with the following result:

 

A summary of Murat’s 17 changes of story about what he did on 1, 2, 3 and 4 May

Here’s a convenient summary of his new account of events, and how these contradicted his earlier account of events:

1.     Remembers that on 1 May he tried to contact Jorge da Silva.

2.     Remembers that on 2 May he didn’t leave home at 10.30am but instead had a meeting with Sergei Malinka at the Batista Supermarket.

3.     He had in fact taken Michaela and Malinka back to his mother’s house in Praia da Luz for a further discussion, something he’d omitted to tell the police in the first interview.

4.     He now remembered visiting his bank and paying in 287.51 euros.

5.     He now remembered he’d called at the home of Francisco Pagarete, his lawyer, that morning.

6.     He now remembers that he had met Francisco Pagarete that afternoon.

7.     He now remembers that another of Jorge’s sons was present at their meeting in the café in the afternoon.

8.     The meeting in the café went on much longer than he had said previously.

9.     He thinks that Michaela Walczuk’s husband Luis Antonio may not have been present at Michaela’s house that evening, contrary to what he had previously said.

10.             On 3 May, he had not woken at 9.00am as previously stated, but at 8.00am.

11.             He had not driven to Michaela’s house that morning after 10.00am as previously stated; instead he had left home at 8.45am for a 9.30am meeting with the owner of the business tourist complex called ‘Gold Bunker’ in the Espiche district and her father-in-law.

12.             He now remembered that he and Michaela had visited two apartments for about 30 minutes, probably on the afternoon of 3 May.

13.             He and Michaela had lunch with the owner of the ‘Gold Bunker’ complex and her father-in-law, a fact he had not disclosed to police before.

14.             Michaela’s daughter C______ was not with them that day, contrary to his previous story.

15.             They went to the Palmares Golf Club in the afternoon, another fact Murat had failed to disclose.

16.             He now admitted to making two telephone calls, to Sergei Malinka and Michaela, at 11.39pm and 11.40pm that night.

17.             He previously said he had woken at 9.00am on Friday 4 May. He now admitted he had telephoned Michaela at 8.27am and must have got up earlier.

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13975
Reputation : 2148
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by TheTruthWillOut on 03.11.13 13:12

SixMillionQuid wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:
candyfloss wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:

I confess to not being able to fathom why more people do not question the authenticity of the Smiths' claims.
So Mr Smith says to his family.........we must get my mate off the hook, you will have to tell the police we saw someone, and I will tell them it is not RM.  So they have a nice chat about it, all concoct the same story, then all go to the police and lie?  I find this 'unfathomable' I'm afraid.
Did the Smith 'family' report their 'sighting' to the PJ, on the 4th May 2007, as soon as they heard, or saw, the 'news' that a child had been 'abducted' at their holiday resort?
NO.

They left this 'sighting' - despite worldwide publicity about an abductor taking a child - for 13 whole days

Only a day or two after Martin Smith's acquaintance Robert Murat was made arguido (14 May) did they stir themselves.
From Mr Smiths statement of 26 May 2007

He only became aware of the disappearance of the child the next morning, through his daughter, L*****, in Ireland who had sent him a message or called him regarding what had happened. At this point he thought that MADELEINE could have been the child he saw with the individual.

Sent him a text message or called him? There would have been record of that text / phone call on his phone 13 days later. If on the 4th May 2007 you thought the child you saw could have been Madeleine why wait 13 days?
What amazes me with that quote is that his daughter in Ireland knew about Madeleine going missing, but Mr Smith didn't. How far away was the Smith's apartment from 5A?

TheTruthWillOut

Posts : 733
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2011-09-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by Mirage on 03.11.13 13:13

Two observations re Crecheman and Mr Smith.

1) A bar receipt kept by Mr Smith giving time at 9.55pm.

2) A recovered memory by Crecheman complete with a set of child's pyjamas kept for 6.5 years in case the urge ever overcame him to help in the search for the world's most famous missing child.

____________________
Kate McCann: "It's too 'ot. Give 'im a minute."

Mirage

Posts : 1665
Reputation : 382
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by ProfessorPPlum on 03.11.13 13:22

I believe Mrs. Fenn and her story of a child crying unconsoled for 75 mins 
I believe that the dogs' alerts were correct and that Madeleine died in 5A
I don't believe ANY aspect of the constantly changing T9 story
I believe that the Smiths saw someone carrying a child (there may have been several people carrying children that night) 
I believe that Robert Murat deserves close attention (still)
I believe that a lot of people and organisations became very quickly involved for a wide range of reasons making unpicking this case massively more difficult
I believe that Amaral and his team were close to what actually happened

Beyond that, I don't have the energy to speculate to be honest. I hope and trust that the PJ (if not SY) have the decency to do the right thing and scrutinise the key people involved the way they should have been scrutinized back then - including a complete reconstruction.

____________________
The prime suspects in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann cannot be permitted to dictate what can and can't be discussed about the case

ProfessorPPlum

Posts : 411
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-05-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by Guest on 03.11.13 13:24

The Smiths were flying back to Ireland on the 4th, I believe, which is why they missed the news about the disappearance.

Once they'd received the information, however, and realised it might be her, it is strange they held onto the info.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by SixMillionQuid on 03.11.13 13:25

TheTruthWillOut wrote:
SixMillionQuid wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:
candyfloss wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:

I confess to not being able to fathom why more people do not question the authenticity of the Smiths' claims.
So Mr Smith says to his family.........we must get my mate off the hook, you will have to tell the police we saw someone, and I will tell them it is not RM.  So they have a nice chat about it, all concoct the same story, then all go to the police and lie?  I find this 'unfathomable' I'm afraid.
Did the Smith 'family' report their 'sighting' to the PJ, on the 4th May 2007, as soon as they heard, or saw, the 'news' that a child had been 'abducted' at their holiday resort?
NO.

They left this 'sighting' - despite worldwide publicity about an abductor taking a child - for 13 whole days

Only a day or two after Martin Smith's acquaintance Robert Murat was made arguido (14 May) did they stir themselves.
From Mr Smiths statement of 26 May 2007

He only became aware of the disappearance of the child the next morning, through his daughter, L*****, in Ireland who had sent him a message or called him regarding what had happened. At this point he thought that MADELEINE could have been the child he saw with the individual.

Sent him a text message or called him? There would have been record of that text / phone call on his phone 13 days later. If on the 4th May 2007 you thought the child you saw could have been Madeleine why wait 13 days?
What amazes me with that quote is that his daughter in Ireland knew about Madeleine going missing, but Mr Smith didn't. How far away was the Smith's apartment from 5A?
I'm using Google maps to run through the Smiths route from Kelly's Bar to their apartments at Estela da Luz and it probably 800ft from the Ocean Club as the crow flies. Noticed a few things that didn't leap out me before.

____________________
"It is my belief that Scotland Yard was set out on a mission, not one to find out what happened to Madeleine McCann but to rewrite the history of the case in such a way that the majority of the public simply forgets the past." - The Pat Brown Criminal Profiling Agency

SixMillionQuid

Posts : 436
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2013-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by Guest on 03.11.13 13:29

ProfessorPPlum wrote:I believe Mrs. Fenn and her story of a child crying unconsoled for 75 mins 
I believe that the dogs' alerts were correct and that Madeleine died in 5A
I don't believe ANY aspect of the constantly changing T9 story
I believe that the Smiths saw someone carrying a child (there may have been several people carrying children that night) 
I believe that Robert Murat deserves close attention (still)
I believe that a lot of people and organisations became very quickly involved for a wide range of reasons making unpicking this case massively more difficult
I believe that Amaral and his team were close to what actually happened

Beyond that, I don't have the energy to speculate to be honest. I hope and trust that the PJ (if not SY) have the decency to do the right thing and scrutinise the key people involved the way they should have been scrutinized back then - including a complete reconstruction.
Pretty much my take on it.

Plus the fact that I believe the truth has been hindered by powers with ulterior, unknown motives, which is the main cause of the muddying once Amaral had it almost cracked.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by jeanmonroe on 03.11.13 13:35

From Mr Smiths statement of 26 May 2007

He only became aware of the disappearance of the child the next morning, through his daughter, L*****, in Ireland who had sent him a message or called him regarding what had happened. At this point he thought that MADELEINE could have been the child he saw with the individual.

Sent him a text message or called him? There would have been record of that text / phone call on his phone 13 days later. If on the 4th May 2007 you thought the child you saw could have been Madeleine why wait 13 days?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So i wonder what he thought when he, and his family, saw the hundreds of people and police 'searching' his 'resort' on the 4th May?

WHAT did he think they were DOING?

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by jeanmonroe on 03.11.13 13:39

Dee Coy wrote:
"Plus the fact that I believe the truth has been hindered by powers with ulterior, unknown motives, which is the main cause of the muddying once Amaral had it almost cracked."
................................................................................................

GA had it 'cracked' the moment he set eyes on the UNJEMMIED window and unforced shutter as confirmed by resort 'manager' John Hill within an hour of 'abduction'!

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by Monty Heck on 03.11.13 13:51

Praiaaa wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote: ...so many on this forum continue to believe that the Smith sighting is some kind of established fact, as if it were some tiny island of certainty in an ocean of lies.
Quite - I am also concerned that this has now taken on a veneer of established fact. IMO all we can rely on is the summary published by the PJ when the case was suspended. The fact that Smith may or may not have been 'visited' by Brian Kennedy has been seen as a signal it is real, but I think scepticism is a healthier position regarding everything in this case.
A veneer of established fact indeed.  Tannerman is finally discredited but immediately Smithman emerges from the shadows and catapulted into the limelight by the CW Euro roadshow, to spearhead the latest theory that 'the abduction' took place later than previously thought.  So crucually the abduction theory can live on, for now, but how much longer can it last on what appear to be increasingly shaky foundations?

Monty Heck

Posts : 470
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by DurhamGuy1967 on 03.11.13 13:53

Dee Coy wrote:
ProfessorPPlum wrote:I believe Mrs. Fenn and her story of a child crying unconsoled for 75 mins 
I believe that the dogs' alerts were correct and that Madeleine died in 5A
I don't believe ANY aspect of the constantly changing T9 story
I believe that the Smiths saw someone carrying a child (there may have been several people carrying children that night) 
I believe that Robert Murat deserves close attention (still)
I believe that a lot of people and organisations became very quickly involved for a wide range of reasons making unpicking this case massively more difficult
I believe that Amaral and his team were close to what actually happened

Beyond that, I don't have the energy to speculate to be honest. I hope and trust that the PJ (if not SY) have the decency to do the right thing and scrutinise the key people involved the way they should have been scrutinized back then - including a complete reconstruction.
Pretty much my take on it.

Plus the fact that I believe the truth has been hindered by powers with ulterior, unknown motives, which is the main cause of the muddying once Amaral had it almost cracked.
Yep, So where was Smithman going? If you follow that the body was kept in a fridge or freezer then surely it was taken straight there. So did smithman have keys to a house? What followed was the biggest search in Portugal, if it were anywhere else than in a secure private area surely it would have been found.

DurhamGuy1967

Posts : 138
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-10-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by Humanist on 03.11.13 13:54

Dee Coy wrote:The Smiths were flying back to Ireland on the 4th, I believe, which is why they missed the news about the disappearance.

Once they'd received the information, however, and realised it might be her, it is strange they held onto the info.

Dee Coy I live in a sleepy village in the middle of nowhere in Africa and I knew about it 8 hours after it happened.
You fly home, there are newspapers on your seats, in the airport on the trains.  They knew about instantly.
But their 'info' was only needed 13 days later. 

Humanist

Posts : 66
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by susible on 03.11.13 13:56

jeanmonroe wrote:From Mr Smiths statement of 26 May 2007

He only became aware of the disappearance of the child the next morning, through his daughter, L*****, in Ireland who had sent him a message or called him regarding what had happened. At this point he thought that MADELEINE could have been the child he saw with the individual.

Sent him a text message or called him? There would have been record of that text / phone call on his phone 13 days later. If on the 4th May 2007 you thought the child you saw could have been Madeleine why wait 13 days?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So i wonder what he thought when he, and his family, saw the hundreds of people and police 'searching' his 'resort' on the 4th May?

WHAT did he think they were DOING?
Okay, so first time I've logged onto the forum in over a week as I've been away, and now apparently Martin Smith is being discredited???

As for wondering what Smith thought when he "saw" hundreds of people searching his resort, perhaps he was unaware, remember, whilst the Mc's were shouting abduction, the police and presumably the searchers were in fact looking for a missing child, one that possibly got out of her parents apartment whilst they were out and had wandered off, so not the major alert that it subsequently became known as.

I personally have experienced a similar lack of awareness, when a potentially lethal chemical leak happened a few yards from my door and the entire town centre was cordoned off, shops were evacuated, the incident was attended by police, fire crews, ambulances etc and whilst I was aware of a continuous  alarm sounding, I just assumed it was an unusual car alarm and totally ignored it, when if I had just opened my balcony doors I would have seen the commotion in the street below...I didn't though and I only found out about the event the following week when I read about it in the local newspaper..That was when I had the "Aha" moment about the strange alarm noise and thought "wow that was all going on a few yards from my door"

So I don't agree that Smith has deliberately waited until 13 days later to report what he saw.  Yet again, remember he was coming from a bar with all of his family after a night out whilst he was on holiday, he was probably more concerned with what was happening in his family group.  In fact was there not a member of his family who had been unwell?  Not everyone is always totally situationally aware and it can be very easy to disregard something initially, until you actually think about it and then you remember what you saw may have been important.

____________________


susible

Posts : 330
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by bellum on 03.11.13 13:58

I believe that the Simths' sighting is true and I believe that it is the reason why the McCanns refused doing the reconstuction.

bellum

Posts : 70
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by StraightThinking on 03.11.13 14:07

susible wrote:Okay, so first time I've logged onto the forum in over a week as I've been away, and now apparently Martin Smith is being discredited???
What exactly he saw, and how useful it is, is open to question, but this new development is beyond me after 6 years of discussion in which nobody ever appeared to discredit him. Why one independent witness should deliberately pervert the course of justice, with nothing to gain from it, is hard to understand. When you add the fact that he allegedly got his entire family to break the law just to help Murat (who didn't need his help anyway) is incomprehensible

StraightThinking

Posts : 180
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by plebgate on 03.11.13 14:10

susible wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:From Mr Smiths statement of 26 May 2007

He only became aware of the disappearance of the child the next morning, through his daughter, L*****, in Ireland who had sent him a message or called him regarding what had happened. At this point he thought that MADELEINE could have been the child he saw with the individual.

Sent him a text message or called him? There would have been record of that text / phone call on his phone 13 days later. If on the 4th May 2007 you thought the child you saw could have been Madeleine why wait 13 days?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So i wonder what he thought when he, and his family, saw the hundreds of people and police 'searching' his 'resort' on the 4th May?

WHAT did he think they were DOING?
Okay, so first time I've logged onto the forum in over a week as I've been away, and now apparently Martin Smith is being discredited???

As for wondering what Smith thought when he "saw" hundreds of people searching his resort, perhaps he was unaware, remember, whilst the Mc's were shouting abduction, the police and presumably the searchers were in fact looking for a missing child, one that possibly got out of her parents apartment whilst they were out and had wandered off, so not the major alert that it subsequently became known as.

I personally have experienced a similar lack of awareness, when a potentially lethal chemical leak happened a few yards from my door and the entire town centre was cordoned off, shops were evacuated, the incident was attended by police, fire crews, ambulances etc and whilst I was aware of a continuous  alarm sounding, I just assumed it was an unusual car alarm and totally ignored it, when if I had just opened my balcony doors I would have seen the commotion in the street below...I didn't though and I only found out about the event the following week when I read about it in the local newspaper..That was when I had the "Aha" moment about the strange alarm noise and thought "wow that was all going on a few yards from my door"

So I don't agree that Smith has deliberately waited until 13 days later to report what he saw.  Yet again, remember he was coming from a bar with all of his family after a night out whilst he was on holiday, he was probably more concerned with what was happening in his family group.  In fact was there not a member of his family who had been unwell?  Not everyone is always totally situationally aware and it can be very easy to disregard something initially, until you actually think about it and then you remember what you saw may have been important.
Young people are normally aware of what is going on around them even if adults are not.   My experience of young family members is that they will go out on the streets and ask what is going on and then report back if something of interest is happening.

That potentially lethal chemical leak you speak of Susible, why didn't the police knock on residents' doors?   If shops were evacuated why not homes? It's disgraceful really imo.

____________________
Judge Judy to shifty  witnesses   -    LOOK AT ME  -   Um is not an answer.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

Posts : 5447
Reputation : 1162
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by SixMillionQuid on 03.11.13 14:15

susible wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:From Mr Smiths statement of 26 May 2007

He only became aware of the disappearance of the child the next morning, through his daughter, L*****, in Ireland who had sent him a message or called him regarding what had happened. At this point he thought that MADELEINE could have been the child he saw with the individual.

Sent him a text message or called him? There would have been record of that text / phone call on his phone 13 days later. If on the 4th May 2007 you thought the child you saw could have been Madeleine why wait 13 days?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So i wonder what he thought when he, and his family, saw the hundreds of people and police 'searching' his 'resort' on the 4th May?

WHAT did he think they were DOING?
Okay, so first time I've logged onto the forum in over a week as I've been away, and now apparently Martin Smith is being discredited???

As for wondering what Smith thought when he "saw" hundreds of people searching his resort, perhaps he was unaware, remember, whilst the Mc's were shouting abduction, the police and presumably the searchers were in fact looking for a missing child, one that possibly got out of her parents apartment whilst they were out and had wandered off, so not the major alert that it subsequently became known as.

I personally have experienced a similar lack of awareness, when a potentially lethal chemical leak happened a few yards from my door and the entire town centre was cordoned off, shops were evacuated, the incident was attended by police, fire crews, ambulances etc and whilst I was aware of a continuous  alarm sounding, I just assumed it was an unusual car alarm and totally ignored it, when if I had just opened my balcony doors I would have seen the commotion in the street below...I didn't though and I only found out about the event the following week when I read about it in the local newspaper..That was when I had the "Aha" moment about the strange alarm noise and thought "wow that was all going on a few yards from my door"

So I don't agree that Smith has deliberately waited until 13 days later to report what he saw.  Yet again, remember he was coming from a bar with all of his family after a night out whilst he was on holiday, he was probably more concerned with what was happening in his family group.  In fact was there not a member of his family who had been unwell?  Not everyone is always totally situationally aware and it can be very easy to disregard something initially, until you actually think about it and then you remember what you saw may have been important.
In your scenario you were alerted to the facts of what was going on a week later. In the Smiths scenario they were told less than 24 hours after their sighting of something unusual. Plus the McCanns made their public appeal on the 4th May 2007. 13 days (2 weeks) is a long time to think about things.

____________________
"It is my belief that Scotland Yard was set out on a mission, not one to find out what happened to Madeleine McCann but to rewrite the history of the case in such a way that the majority of the public simply forgets the past." - The Pat Brown Criminal Profiling Agency

SixMillionQuid

Posts : 436
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2013-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by bellum on 03.11.13 14:16

Was not it that the first statements of the Smiths were made in Ireland and some of them went back to Luz two weeks later to show the place where they they had seen the man?

bellum

Posts : 70
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by PeterMac on 03.11.13 14:18

We have a suspect, or two or three
All we need now is a crime !

Normally it works the other way round, but we really are in a parallel universe that Alice would have recognised perfectly.

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by SixMillionQuid on 03.11.13 14:24

Dee Coy wrote:The Smiths were flying back to Ireland on the 4th, I believe, which is why they missed the news about the disappearance.

Once they'd received the information, however, and realised it might be her, it is strange they held onto the info.
According to their statements they went for a 10 day holiday on 30th April and returned home on the 9th May.

EDIT some of them had to return on the 4th May.

SixMillionQuid

Posts : 436
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2013-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by Tony Bennett on 03.11.13 14:25

Monty Heck wrote:
Praiaaa wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote: ...so many on this forum continue to believe that the Smith sighting is some kind of established fact, as if it were some tiny island of certainty in an ocean of lies.
Quite - I am also concerned that this has now taken on a veneer of established fact. IMO all we can rely on is the summary published by the PJ when the case was suspended. The fact that Smith may or may not have been 'visited' by Brian Kennedy has been seen as a signal it is real, but I think scepticism is a healthier position regarding everything in this case.
A veneer of established fact indeed.  Tannerman is finally discredited but immediately Smithman emerges from the shadows and is catapulted into the limelight by the CW Euro roadshow, to spearhead the latest theory that 'the abduction' took place later than previously thought.  So crucually the abduction theory can live on, for now, but how much longer can it last on what appear to be increasingly shaky foundations?
Tannerman is finally discredited but immediately Smithman emerges from the shadows and is catapulted into the limelight by the CW Euro roadshow


Hmmm, he has certainly morphed quite a bit since his creation by the Smiths...

...man whose face we couldn't see...

...not a tourist, dark jacket, light trousers, same build, height etc. as Tannerman...

...but not Robert Murat...

...then he's maybe 60% to 80% Gerry McCann...

...then Brian Kennedy and his team of 'crack detectives' move in...

...Smithman is rearranged into two different people/e-fits...

...there is silence...

...then...

...a documentary appears (Ch4, May 2009)...

...just whisper it, but Tannerman and Smithman mgigt be one and the same...

...Yes! - walking around Praia da Luz with an abducted child...

...for 45 minutes...

...that was the emerging theory...

...wait two more years...

...then 5 whole pages in Kate's book (no longer whispered) telling us to 'look for Smithman who is the same as Tannerman'...

...wait another two years and then...

...Tannerman is a crecheman...

...who now can't be the same as Smithman...

...and the search is on...

...for a bloke someone might have seen 6.5 years ago...

...who has the unusual knack of looking like two different blokes...

...even though none of the Smiths saw his face...

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13975
Reputation : 2148
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by Tony Bennett on 03.11.13 14:27

SixMillionQuid wrote:
Dee Coy wrote:The Smiths were flying back to Ireland on the 4th, I believe, which is why they missed the news about the disappearance.

Once they'd received the information, however, and realised it might be her, it is strange they held onto the info.
According to their statements they went for a 10 day holiday on 30th April and returned home on the 9th May.
I think two or three of them went home on the 4th, while others stayed on, not exactly sure who went home and who stayed...

...only Mr & Mrs Smith and two of their children made statements, I think the other 5 did not...

...although I think it was said that ALL NINE came out of Kelly's bar at aboput 10.00pm...

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13975
Reputation : 2148
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by susible on 03.11.13 14:29

Young people are normally aware of what is going on around them even if adults are not.   My experience of young family members is that they will go out on the streets and ask what is going on and then report back if something of interest is happening.

That potentially lethal chemical leak you speak of Susible, why didn't the police knock on residents' doors?   If shops were evacuated why not homes? It's disgraceful really imo.
My daughter was equally unaware of the unfolding drama,and  not all families allow their young children to just go running out into the street without being supervised.  As for residents not being evacuated, there are hundreds of residents in that area and the fire brigade obviously assessed, correctly that we were not in any danger.  Perhaps if I had opened my balcony door or attempted to leave the property I would have been advised to stay indoors with windows closed etc, so not really disgraceful at all.  Cordoning off the town and evacuating the immediate area was probably an OTT reaction to a potential threat, but as not a single person became ill as a result of the leak, clearly the emergency services acted appropriately.

____________________


susible

Posts : 330
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Heights of insanity - Express

Post by Tony Bennett on 03.11.13 14:30

bellum wrote:Was not it that the first statements of the Smiths were made in Ireland and some of them went back to Luz two weeks later to show the place where they they had seen the man?
Yes.

They made their formal statements to police in Portimao on 26 May.

Smith didn't 'phone the Portuguese police until 16 May. I am not sure that they 'made statements' at that point, possibly only over the 'phone.

Madeleine was reported missing on 3 May.

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13975
Reputation : 2148
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum