The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

The 'secret love affair' between Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson - and the Madeleine McCann case

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The 'secret love affair' between Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson - and the Madeleine McCann case

Post by Guest on 01.11.13 10:09

@ChillyHeat wrote:Portugal versus UK.....
There are two Orders of Knights involved: The (Jewish controlled) Order of Knights Templar and the Roman Catholic Order of Knights of Malta.

Who wins ? We will never know

Night all.....
Dont be daft: knights in pink satin more likely

Oh and btw, the Templars were rooted out sometime in the 14 century, I believe. Got too uppity for some princes' taste and their own good

Back to top Go down

Re: The 'secret love affair' between Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson - and the Madeleine McCann case

Post by tegan1973 on 01.11.13 10:14

@MaryB wrote:I think it matters that they are accused of paying police officers, bribery and so on.  But I can't see it matters they were having an affair.  But I suppose it meant they were even more in cahoots with each other than was previously supposed.  What a mess!  I am not optimistic about anybody getting a lengthy prison sentence from this trial.  I think the whole thing is a total waste of money.  But it might deter others from doing the same.  That's the most that can be hoped for.  Only in my opinion of course.
I'm with you. They will get away with light sentences, if it even gets to that.

tegan1973

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by By Numbers on 01.11.13 15:04

I've been interested in Andy Coulson/Max Clifford (and the various names that crop up again and again in connection with each other) for a while now, since someone on Digital Spy said that Max Clifford let the cat out of the bag in relation to the original hacking scandal involving the Royals as payback for Andy (?) printing pictures of Kerry Katona with cocaine visible in her nostril.

It seems that things get kept under wraps unless the people who're really in power turn against each other, or need to scapegoat someone, which could be very important here, and I feel it's likely the suppression of the e-fits story would never have made an appearance if it hadn't coincided with Brooks' trial. Another thing that has occurred to me is that libel lawyers are very expensive and that it is in relation to this that Kate McCann said, "We're just keeping our heads above water", rather than some despair she was feeling about the loss of her daughter. It might be worth bearing in mind the cost of having to monitor comments, and how difficult it will be to pay for that with a dwindling fund that is no longer benefiting from an uninformed public and that is not making the huge profits previously received from libel payments (assuming the result of Amaral's trial is in keeping with the way it has been going). To paraphrase Tesco: Every little comment helps.

By Numbers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockflower on 01.11.13 15:18

At whose behest were these journalists indulging in  nefarious activities? You and me...? Or the “Godfather” of British Media Rupert Murdoch, the ordainer of UK’s Prime Ministers for decades. As usual it is the foot soldiers that have to bite the bullets, while their masters  laugh all the way to the bank.
If Alison Saunders is to be the next Director of Public Prosecutions, then this farcical SY investigation is just another attempt to railroad the Portuguese Judicial system.   

Rockflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thetruthbeknown on 01.11.13 20:38

I think (for once) CM may have been right..I doubt anything suspicious would have been found in the McCann records. They stated very early on in this case that they were 'suspicious' that their calls may be monitored etc..plus It was obvious way back in the 90's (for those interested in current affairs) that phone hacking, monitoring was happening (Charles, Diana, Camilla etc)..I doubt they would have been giving that much 'obvious' stuff away in phonecalls. Unless its incoming calls from others?? Im not sure on any of this, and how much will relate to the McCanns :/

thetruthbeknown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyLennon on 01.11.13 22:07

@Cerinthe wrote:Were the McCanns' phones hacked?  Did anybody ever find out?
from bbc website...

The parents of Madeleine McCann, who went missing aged three on holiday in Portugal in 2007, are among the alleged hacking victims who requested to be core participants in the first part of the hacking inquiry. Gerry McCann told the Leveson Inquiry many of the stories were untruthful, sinister or, he believed, made up. While Kate McCann said seeing her private diary published in the NoW made her feel "totally violated".

and....

One is understood to be Justine McGuinness, a Liberal Democrat adviser who was a spokesman for the McCanns. The list of possible victims also features Miss McGuinness’s Lib Dem colleagues, Mr Clegg and Sir Menzies, and Jane Tanner, who was on holiday with the McCanns in Praia da Luz, Portugal, and is convinced she saw Madeleine being carried off by a man.

Detectives were said to have interviewed Clarence Mitchell, the McCanns’ spokesman, about the list, although he was unaware how it came into fruition. Mr Mitchell has confirmed that he met officers after attempts were made to access his Vodafone accou

KellyLennon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryB on 01.11.13 22:21

I wonder how they got hold of the diary.  And published it without permission.  That's very strange.

MaryB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 01.11.13 22:30

The McCann's do not have to worry too much about what Brooks and others have on them. The Portuguese police already know what was in the phone calls made by the McCann's when Madeleine went missing, but they couldn't use the information, because the judge wouldn't allow it.

Here is a quote from the Express, back in January 2010:

Earlier, District Attorney Jose Magalhaes e Menezes told the court how text messages sent by Kate and Gerry were intercepted by police who were suspicious about their role in their daughter’s disappearance.

He said: “The phone taps were set up in order to clear or implicate the McCanns.” But the texts were not considered as part of the investigation because a judge would not allow it.

Giving evidence via videolink, Mr Menezes claimed that the couple lied to police about how long they had left Madeleine alone.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/151405/Maddie-died-in-apartment-court-hears

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerinthe on 01.11.13 23:53

@KellyLennon wrote:
@Cerinthe wrote:Were the McCanns' phones hacked?  Did anybody ever find out?
from bbc website...

The parents of Madeleine McCann, who went missing aged three on holiday in Portugal in 2007, are among the alleged hacking victims who requested to be core participants in the first part of the hacking inquiry. Gerry McCann told the Leveson Inquiry many of the stories were untruthful, sinister or, he believed, made up. While Kate McCann said seeing her private diary published in the NoW made her feel "totally violated".
I'm answering my own question, but Gerry McCann stated in his evidence at the Leveson Enquiry that he didn't think their phones were hacked. 

The first part of Leveson was about culture and practices of the press - they're waiting until all the other trials and criminal investigations are completed before the next part covers phone hacking. 

Hadn't watched the McCanns at the Levenson Enquiry before, but this is quite enlightening:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/democracylive/hi/bbc_parliament/newsid_9646000/9646740.stm?t=605s

First lawyer says he hopes it's the last time they have to give evidence.  Ha!

Cerinthe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerinthe on 02.11.13 12:11

There's a storify here of live tweets from the trial, which include a lot more information than newspaper articles.   Peter Jukes seems to be the person to follow on Twitter for this:

http://storify.com/gabriellenyc/livetweeting-from-hackingtrial-by-peterjukes

Glen Mulcaire was convicted in January 2007 for phone hacking Clarence House on behalf of the News of the World so maybe the McCanns did manage to avoid being hacked by journos. 

Cerinthe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Who?What?Where? on 03.11.13 0:58

@MaryB wrote:I can't see why it matters that Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson had an affair.  They were media people. That's what they do.
It matter's, because a real marriage requires a real commitment.

Blairs "new labour", (sic) tried to dumb that commitment down. That was because they thought that there were votes, and therefore money for themselves, by stating that.

If brookes really was prepared to to lie to her husband , and cheat on her husband, (someone, that she was supposedly, so commited to that she entered into a marriage), then, what on Earth do you think that she may have been prepared to do to you, or to any of us? People that she has, absolutely, no connection or financial interest with?

That is why it matter's.

Why enter into a marriage in the first place?

To give an air of respectability, where there is none?

Who?What?Where?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 03.11.13 10:43

The affair did not end until 2004.
He married in 2002
(so far as I can work out from the papers )
After that revelation his wife has not appeared at the court.
Did she in fact now know ?

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerinthe on 03.11.13 11:26

For the purposes of the trial the affair matters because one of the charges is about conspiracy - the question of who knew what and who decided to do what.  An affair would suggest that anything Rebecca Brookes knew, Andy Coulson would know and vice versa.

It would be interesting if the McCanns ever were charged what effect it would have on the Leveson enquiry, as newspapers could have been argued to be doing their job.  Although hearing the McCann evidence some of the sensationalism and speculation from the papers was no help at all to either side, and especially not to Madeleine.

Cerinthe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 03.11.13 12:12

@Cerinthe wrote:Although hearing the McCann evidence some of the sensationalism and speculation from the papers was no help at all to either side, and especially not to Madeleine.
Has anything ever been of help to Madeleine ?
Parents - NO
Tapas 7 - NO
Press - NO

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum